• ベストアンサー

hustle

My childhood was very chaotic. Neither of my parents were really there, as I was hustled from relative to relative whenever my parents fell off the wagon or went to jail. ここでのhustledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12107)
回答No.1

>ここでのhustledはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒hustledは、「せきたてて~させる」といったニュアンスです。 「私の両親が禁酒を破ってまた酒に浸りこんだり、刑務所へ行ったりするたびに、私は親戚から親戚へと(次々)タライ回しにされていました。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

添削お願いします I went to Yokohama with my friend and we ate alot of Chinese food. It was very great.

• Its それとも The?

以下のような文では、ItsかTheかどちらが適切なのでしょうか?どちらでも「その」という意味になると思います。 「私はとある高校に行った。その正門はとても美しかった」 I went to a high school. Its front gate was very beautiful. I went to a high school. The front gate was very beautiful.

• 英文の言い換え問題です!

英文の言い換え問題です! 1)My mother requested that I go shopping. →My mother (requested) (me) (to) (go) (shopping). 2)He saw the cat run out of the kitchen. →The cat was seen (it) (runs) out of he kitchen by him. 3)He told me that I should read the paragraph aloud. →He told () () () the paragraph aloud. 4)The parents made their sons paint the fence white. →Their sons () () () (paint) the fence (write) (by) the parents. 5)My parents permitted me to drive their car. →My parents () () () their car. 6)You are very kind to help me. →It is very kind (to) (you) () help me. 空欄が多いです。すみません;; 回答解説よろしくお願いします。

• ▼英語

I'm doing pretty will. I just got back from visiting my parents. I went there with my brother to help them. They live on a big piece of property by themselves and they are very old so they need some help sometimes. I was not able to get onto Facebook for two days so I just managed to get back on today. がんばってみたんですけど和訳できません。良かったらお願いします。

• メールでわからない文章があったので、教えてください。

以下の文なのですが、彼女の姉は赤ちゃんが生まれるかと思って病院に行ったという認識でよいでしょうか? もし違う意味で病院にいっているのだとしたら、大変失礼になってしまうので、以下の文がどのようなものか教えて頂けますでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 my girlfriends sister went to the hospital because she thought the baby was coming. It would have been too early though. Luckily it didn't happen though. So me, my girlfriend and her parents went to visit in the hospital.

• よろしくお願いします

My parents live fairly close, but my brother and family are a plane ride away. They will be up at my parents' house in a few days. My husband has limits to how much time he can spend with my family -- really with anyone, as he is very introverted -- and I respect that by not "forcing" him to join in anything or spend more time at my parents' house than is comfortable. up at my parents' houseのupの役割について教えてください。あと、than is comfortableの文法的解説をお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I was sexually abused throughout my childhood. Therefore I try very hard to maintain and control my sexual well-being. I see my agency over my body and sexual choices as an important privilege, and it is paramount to how I structure my life. I see my agency over my bodyとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文のおかしい所を直してください!

I went to a driving school and an ion on Saturday. In the morning, I ran on the street by car. It was very fun. I went to an ion with a friend in the afternoon. I was very glad to be able to do shopping. 宜しくお願いします!!

• 英語で絵日記

夏休みの宿題で英語で絵日記を書くっていうのが 出てて、一応書いてみたんですが... 自信ないのでアドバイスください!! August 16 I went to Viking with my family. It was very good. There are many delicious food. I also enjoyed watching movie. It was very interesting. and I enjoyed shopping. It was very happy. I'll never foget today. お願いします!!

• 翻訳お願いいたします。(出家)

「私の友人が出家中に、彼の実家からそのお寺に彼と他の僧侶たちの雑用を手伝いに七日間通っていました。 」 1During my friend's Buddhist training (at a temple),I visited that temple from his parents' house to help him and other munks with chores for 7days. 2While my frriend was serving as a munk,~ 3While my friend was a munk,~I went to that temple~ 1,2,3は文意をなしているでしょうか?またWhile my friend was in the presthood,~で出家中と表すことはできるでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。 補足 追加で質問させていただきます。「通っていた」を単に過去形にしたのですが、強調するのにはwas doingとしたほうが良いのでしょうか?