The Tough Economic Condition of High School Graduate Blue Collar Workers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • High school graduate blue collar workers, especially those in physical labor, are facing a challenging economic situation.
  • Mr. Trump attributes the economic hardship of blue collar workers to the influx of illegal immigrants from countries like Mexico and the competition from developing nations.
  • This data supports the claim that high school graduate blue collar workers are struggling economically.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

High school graduate blue collar worker (physical worker) is in a particularly tough economic condition [situation]. Mr. Trump said that the cause of the economic hardship of blue collar is that a large amount of illegal immigrants flow in from other country such as Mexico, while employment is being deprived by developing countries such as China, and this was gained a big sympathy. It can be seen from this data. 日本語→ 『高卒ブルーカラー(肉体労働者)は特に厳しい経済状況に置かれている。トランプ氏はそうした層に対して「ブルーカラーの経済的苦境の原因はメキシコから不法移民が大量に流入する一方、中国などの途上国によって雇用が奪われている」と訴えかけ、大きな共感を得ている。それがこのデータから見て取れる。』 *高卒ブルーカラーをそのままhigh school graduate blue collarとしました。 High school graduate blue collar worker (physical worker) is in a particularly tough economic condition [situation]. =Blue collar worker (physical worker) who is high school graduate is in a particularly tough ~ の方がいいでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。例によって、原文・説明・添削文を併記します。 >High school graduate blue collar worker (physical worker) is in a particularly tough economic condition [situation]. Mr. Trump said that the cause of the economic hardship of blue collar is that a large amount of illegal immigrants flow in from other country such as Mexico, while employment is being deprived by developing countries such as China, and this was gained a big sympathy. It can be seen from this data. >『高卒ブルーカラー(肉体労働者)は特に厳しい経済状況に置かれている。トランプ氏はそうした層に対して「ブルーカラーの経済的苦境の原因はメキシコから不法移民が大量に流入する一方、中国などの途上国によって雇用が奪われている」と訴えかけ、大きな共感を得ている。それがこのデータから見て取れる。』 *「高卒ブルーカラー層(肉体労働者)」:High school graduates of blue collar class (physical workers/laborers)。ほとんど最初のお訳どおりです。 *「特に厳しい経済状況に置かれている」:are placed in particularly harsh/tough economic conditions。 *「彼らに訴えて『 』と言った」:said to them appealing "....."。 *「メキシコから大量に流入する不法移民や中国などの途上国の安い労働力によって」:by a large amount of illegal immigrants flowing in from Mexico and by the cheaper labor of developing countries such as China。 *「こうして彼は大きな共感を得たと言われる」:Thus, he is said to have gained a big empathy。 *「データの語るところでは」:according to what the data tells us。 ⇒High school graduates of blue collar class (physical workers/laborers) are placed in particularly harsh/tough economic conditions. Mr. Trump said to them appealing: "The cause of the blue collar's economic hardship is that their employment is deprived by a large amount of illegal immigrants flowing in from Mexico and by the cheaper labor of developing countries such as China". Thus, he is said to have gained a big empathy, according to what the data tells us. =高卒ブルーカラー層(肉体労働者)は特に厳しい経済状況に置かれている。トランプ氏は彼らに対して、「ブルーカラーの経済的苦境の原因は、メキシコから大量に流入する不法移民や、中国などの途上国の安い労働力によって雇用が奪われていることだ」と訴えかけた。データの語るところでは、こうして彼は大きな共感を得た。 ☆ 上の直接話法部分("....."で囲まれたところ)を間接話法で言えばこうなります。時制の一致に注意が必要です。間接話法だと「臨場感」が減りますが、より客観的な印象を受けます。 Mr. Trump said to them appealing that the cause of the blue collar's economic hardship was that their employment was deprived by a large amount of illegal immigrants flowing in from Mexico and by the cheaper labor of developing countries such as China.

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 Mr. Trump said to them appealing: "~" と間接話法…どちらがいいのでしょうか…。 難しいですね…。日本語で言うことろの違いがもう少しはっきりわかれば、どちらが適切かと言うのがパッと思い浮かぶかもしれませんが…。 私的には直接話法の方が、(見た感じですが): など入っていて、少し難易度の高いように思えます笑。 今回は上の文章(直接話法)を使わせていただきます。 そのほか、添削ありがとうございました!大変参考になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

worker は可算名詞ですから、この場合複数にし、同志もそれに応じて変えてはと思います。第一文と第二文の二箇所にあります。  第二文では例としてメキシコが上がっていますから、other country は、複数にしたほうが自然だと思います。   blue-collar と言えば、下記のように physical worker と括弧に入れる必要はないと思います。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=blue+collar

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 blue-collarとだけ言えば、=physical workerということになる、ということですね。 私のただの認識不足かもしれませんが、ブルーカラーって何?と疑問を抱いたので()で補足しました。 blue collarという言葉そのものに、肉体労働者、という意味があるのですね。 勉強になりました。 そのほかご指摘ありがとうざいます。大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 添削していただけませんか?

英作文を作ったのですが、英語が苦手なのでどなたか添削していただけませんか? Difference in elementary school life between Japan and America The first is going to school. In Japan, people basically walk to school.On the other hand, in the United States, parents usually go to school by school bus or send their parents to meet them. This has reasons such as, "It's dangerous when a bad person comes." Second, there is a swimming class. In Japan, swimming is a compulsory subject in physical education classes.In the first place, there are only about one or two physical education classes a week. ·The third is the textbook. In Japan, the Ministry of Education presents children free of charge.In America, however, textbooks are rented from schools. Therefore, children cannot bring back textbooks from school. There is a big difference between elementary school life in Japan and the U.S.

• 英作の添削をお願いします

出来栄えも10てん中で判断してほしいです。 ポスターで募集をかけているボランティアの数を増えないのでどうすれば増やせるか(慶應経済) そしてそれは何故増えないのか 増やすにはどうすればいいか 何故成功できると考えるか を 含めて説明せよ という問題です I think why only a few students responded is a variety of reasens. One reasen is that a lot of good imformation ,such as merits of volunteer are lacking. By this demerit, a lot of high school students to want to work as a volunteer may lose motivation. Another reasen is that the time to carry out a volunteer work is fixed. They can't conduct volunteer everyday because they are busy studying as a high school students . Therefore, I think what they can do to increase the number of volunteers is that they should change a cotents of the poster. if they can describe a vriety of merits of volunteer work and explain the students can be free to have a right to conduct volunteer work in poster , they will be able to increase the number of volunteers.

• 訳してみたので、添削宜しくお願いいたします。

一度、訳してみたので、添削・アドバイス宜しくお願いいたします。 in countries where job grade system based on ability is common, the market wage is displayed with the model wages using educational background, age, and title, etc.,as keys. 職能に基づいて、等級のシステムが共通であるは、市場の賃金が学歴、年齢などを使用してモデル賃金として表示される。 therefore model wage information should be obtained according to academic background and age from multiple personnel consulting firm or trustworthy public organizations. したがって、賃金モデルは、複数の人事コンサルティング会社、公共期間から学歴、年齢に応じた情報を得るべきである。 they are also formulated by broad job types that receive different treatment, such as white collar or blue collar, or by title, such as general managers or managers, etc. また、管理職や経営者などのホワイトカラーやブルーカラーとして、幅広い職種を再編して新しくする。 the model wages of major domestic consumer durables manufacturers of the same scale, and the model wages of manufacturers who compete for recruitment in the area in which our company is located, should be obtained for reference in setting wages. ほぼ同じ国内企業の耐久消費財メーカー、当社が拠点としているエリアで募集を競うメーカーの賃金を参考にして賃金を設定しなければならない。

• 添削お願いします。

英作文に添削お願いします。 I respect Ai Miyazato who is a prefessional golfer.There are several reasons for it. First, she has a lot of victories, because she is tough.She has won the 1st prize many times from junior high school student until present time.Second, she is good at not only golf but also English.She has taken place in American tour since 2006, so she has spent a lot of time in Amica.At first, she coudn't speak English well, but she can speak it well now.Third, she always care her fashion.She choose her clothes by herself.She has an eye, so she is fashionable.Fourth, she has her motto;"Where there is a will, there is a way."(意志あるところに道はある)This motto strikes to the heart, so I like it.She has her own mind. It is reason why she is tough.For these seasons, I respect Ai Miyazato very much, so I am going to continue supporting her.

• 卒業記念品、これでいいでしょうか?

中学校の卒業記念品に印刷します。 (1) a memento of 学校名 junior high school graduation 2006 (2)a graduate in the class of 2006 (この場合学校名はどの位置に入れればよいでしょうか?) その他に好ましい表現があれば教えてください。

• 添削お願いします。

I think my academic strength is perseverance and creativity. Because, I was in junior high school, I was a membar of valleyball club. It was hard club because it hardly a day off and over half member gave up. (厳しい部活で、休みもほとんどなく半分以上が辞めてしまいました) but I finished a club activity.  And, when I was in high school, I was a member of theatrical club. Then I made a drama, so I think I have perseverance and creativity. 長いのですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

By compare workers who graduates high school with four-year college, wages is a difference of about 1.8 times. Workers who serve in large company is far more than high school by comparison with four-year college. 「高卒と4大卒の賃金を調べると約1・8倍も違う。 大企業に勤めている人は4大卒の人の方がはるかに多い。」 (大企業という言い方なのですが、参考にした本でlarge companyと記載があったのでそのまま使用します) こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削してください

(銃を持たない状態では肉体的に優れた者が劣る者を暴力で支配することが多くなる。 )←これの続きの文章です。 だが、銃を持てば、体力に勝る者に対抗することが可能となる。つまり体力で劣る者がそれを超えるものに対抗することができる。このような主張は、一部のフェミニストの間でも根強い。 However, if they have a gun, they will be able to compete against them who are physical strength. In other words, it is possible to match for inferior in physical strength and ahead of them. Such claims are persistent among some gun control opposers. 2文目と1分目は可能であればまとめていただいても大丈夫です。 初めは一文の状態で考えていたのですが、どのように英文を作成すればいいのかわからず、2文に切りました。 そちらで問題なければ2文のままで、ただ、文章的におかしいなどあれば文章を省いていただいでも大丈夫です。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削しください

As long as I am looking to the graph (data), it seems like there is no significant change among factions. There are little differences that there were a little bit more than the Democratic Party supporters who is high school graduate and college dropouts in "Vote by Education" in the election of 2011, but they were replaced in 2016. グラフを見る限り大幅な乗り換え(党派間での)ないように思える。少し違いがあるとすれば、「Vote by Education」での高卒や大学の中退者の人たちが2011年の選挙の時にDemocratic派を支持している人が少し多かったが2016年では入れ替わったかのように逆になっている。 *Vote by Educationというのは、「Vote by Education」のなかにいくつか項目があり、高校卒業者・中退者・大学卒業者・大学院卒業者となっています。 その中の高校卒業者…ということです。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削をお願いします

A lot of people who is college graduate people also supported the Republic Party in 2012, but in 2016 there are a few people supported the Democratic Party. However, it says that it has been replaced, it is not a big change because there is no difference between the Democratic Party and the Republic Party. 「大学卒業者も同様に、2012年ではRepublic partyを支持するものが多かったが、2016年ではDemocratic派の方が少し多い(Democratic を支持する人が多い)。しかし、入れ替わったと言っても、もともとdemocratic partyとrepublic partyに差がないため大幅な変更とは言えないだろう。」 ⇨(つまり2011年では、Democratic と Republic の差が51%対48%と、あまり差がない、ということです。) こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。