What is a Taste Test and How Does it Work?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A taste test is an evaluation method where people try similar products without knowing which one is which, and then rank them based on their preferences.
  • The purpose of a taste test is to gather unbiased opinions by ensuring that participants do not have any prior knowledge about the products they are tasting.
  • After trying the products, participants grade them according to their personal preferences, resulting in a ranking based on what they liked the best.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の英文についてお尋ねします。B6 water1

a taste test is where you ask people to try several very similar products without knowing which one is which, and then you grade them according to which you like the best. ここでのwhthout~以降なのですが、「どれがどっれか知らずに人々に似た商品を試してもらい、それから一番好きな順に(商品を)格付けする。」のようになると思うのですが、ここでwithout letting them know which~ and then you grade them according to which they like the best.と解釈してしまいます。それは自分は知っているが他の人には知らせず、それから彼ら(people)の一番好きな商品に従って格付けすることがtaste testの趣旨でないのかと思うのですが、ご説明いただければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

解釈はその通りかと思います。ただ、その文の場合、皮肉なトーンが含まれているように感じます。つまり、好みをテストする場合、その結果に基づいてランク付けするものと考えられるわけですが、特定の製造業者が宣伝として用いる場合には、結果はあらかじめ決まっていて、たとえば実際に街中でインタビューしている場面をCMなどで流しても、それは統計として有効なサンプル数に達していないのはもちろんで、その業者にとって都合のいい反応をした人の映像だけを流しているわけです。要するに、自社製品が人気No.1だと見せかけるわけで、そのことを you grade them according to which you like the best というふうに言ってます。

konan3939
質問者

お礼

なるほど。回答ありがとうございます。。

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。902

You don’t think I know what you’re going through? I didn’t grow up in the Cosby family. You think every other family I lived with was like this? No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. I know what that stuff does to people. Which is why I’ll never do it myself. Silver, look, you gotta trust my dad. At least trust me. No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. の部分なのですが、構文what it's like to beを意訳を入れて説明して頂ければありがたいです。アルコール中毒の母親に苦しむ娘(白人)とその彼氏(黒人)との会話です。

• わからない英文があります!

A: "Is this really the best place for us to talk?" B: "You of all people know nothing gets me talking like a cosmo" Bの言ったYou of all peopleとgets me talkingの意味がよくわかりません。。。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。FB GA

You may be born into a family but the truth is the people who choose to love you unconditionally are the best family, 本文でbut以降Sがtruth,補語がthe peopleで who以降が形容詞節だと考えるのですが、people=the best familyとの関係になると考えるのですが、areがあって文意が浮かみにくいのですが説明及び意訳をお願いします。

• この英文について教えてください

(1)Which season do you like the best? (どの季節がいちばん好きですか。) の文ですが 「どの季節が好きですか(Which season do you like)」を副詞として「一番に(the best)」が文全体を修飾しているということでしょうか? (2) Which do you like better,English or math? ( 英語と数学ではどちらが好きですか。) の文ですが 「英語か数学のどちらが好きですか?(Which do you like English or math?)」を副詞として 「better(よりよい)」が文全体を修飾しているということでしょうか Which do you like English or math?でも英文として成り立ちbetterは どちらが好き かを強調するために用いているということですか

• 簡単な英文添削をお願いします!

カナダからの小学生の兄弟への質問について、英文添削をお願いします! 彼らは日本に来て3ヶ月で、インターナショナルスクールに行っています。夏休みの間、はカナダに帰るそうです。 1、あなたの学校にはどこの国の人がいますか? Which country's people are there in your class? 2、学校ではどの授業が好きですか? Which class do you like? 3、もうすぐカナダに帰れますね、うれしい? It's coming up soon to go back to Canada. Are you excited ? 4、カナダに帰ったら一番したいことは何ですか? What would you like to do the most when you return to Canada? 5、あなたのお父さんは料理が上手いと聞いています。お父さんの作る何の料理が好きですか? I heard your dad is a good cook. What does his cooking do you like? 6、日本に来て一番驚いたことは何ですか? What's surprised the most when you come to Japan? 7、大きくなったら何になりたい? What would you like to be when you grow up ? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文問題

( )の語句を並べかえて次の文を完成させてください! (1)Australia is country (visit/to/I/want) (2)Doraemon is the best (ever/comic/I've/read) (3)(like/the food/I/the best)is pizza 次の文の~に当てはまる語句を下の中から選びなさい! (1)A doctor is a person~ (2)A dictionary is a book~ (3)A phone is a tools~ ・that we use to talk with people far away. ・which shows the meanings of words. ・who helps sick and injured people. 教えて下さいお願いします(´>ω<`)

• 以下の英文、合っていますか?

以下の英文が合っているか教えていただきたいです。 もし違ってたら、指摘、説明をお願いします。 「Do you have any free time next Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday lunchtime? My friend is going back to Japan on September 23rd and I would like to get autographs from various people before my friend leaves. I plan to stay at this school until I graduate from high school. Still, I would like your autograph sometime next week. (If you don't mind, I would like you to come with the other Year13 too) Actually, I have the highest respect for you. When I become a Year13, I want to be a wonderful person like you.」 伝えたい意味を日本語にすると、 「来週の火曜日か水曜日か木曜日のランチタイムで暇な時間はありませんか。 私の友達は9月23日に日本に帰ってしまうのですが、友達が帰る前に色んな人にサインをもらいたいと思っています。 私は、高校を卒業するまでこの学校にいるつもりです。 それでも、来週のうちにあなたのサインが欲しいです。 (もし良かったら他の13年生も一緒に来ていただきたいです) 実は、私はあなたのことを一番尊敬しています。 私が13年生になったら、あなたみたいな素敵な人になりたいです。」 です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物類を購入しました。発送と荷物のことでメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくださいませんか?お願いします。 I will add 商品名A 2 pieces. We also have 商品名B 2 pieces. I will add them to your order. Is there other items you will like to add? Warehouse is almost done packing all the boxes, they just need to pack the last 3 styles. Will you like me to contact Yamato Transport for the shipping method?

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。san3

1When Japanese people talk to each other, they usually call them putting San after his/her (family) names likeYamamoto-san. 2When we speak to somebody in Japan, we usually put San after their(family) names like Yamamoto-san.  3When Japanese people call each other, they add "san" after the names to be polite. So, when you talk to Japanese people, please say "san" after their names. 1~3までなのですが、1の場合、そばに友人がいる時に言うときは、自分も入っている(話者は日本人であるから)との意味で用いられるでしょうか?2よりも客観的な言い方になるとは思うのですが。 3なのですがcallに話しかけるとの意味での用法は一般的なのでしょうか? また,代名詞のtheyをwe add~とするとやはり不自然でしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。g92

ABC Rail way wwould like to inform travelers that it will be adding extra passanger cars. The masure s in response to increased demand due to the recent heavy snow ,which is expected to continue for another 3 to 4 days. ,whichはThe masure~,までを指しているとの理解でよろしいでしょうか?