The Meaning of a Trajectory of Purposeful Busyness and Legitimacy of the Lesser Things

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning behind a trajectory of purposeful busyness and how it can lead to unfulfilled outcomes.
  • Understand the significance of legitimacy of the lesser things and how it impacts one's reputation.
  • Explore the journey of pursuing a path with hard work only to find that it doesn't lead to success.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味をよろしくお願いします

I ended up traveling to the other side of the country to follow that path, and my hard work eventually led nowhere. I went from having a trajectory of purposeful busyness to, like most people, getting what I could. Very abruptly, a lot of people, including people I thought were friends, lost interest in my activities and questioned the legitimacy of the lesser things I did for a living. a trajectory of purposeful busynessとlegitimacy of the lesser thingsの意味をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9667/12015)
回答No.3

「お礼コメント」を拝見しました。 >lesserはtrivialと同意でしょうか? ⇒ピッタリ同じというわけではありませんが、「劣った」という意義素を含むという点ではlesserもtrivialも似たような語義があると思い、「思い切って」意訳しました。 >なぜlessの比較級がそのような意味になるのでしょうか? ⇒「lessの比較級」というより、「littleの二重比較級」です。「絶対比較級」とも言われ、名詞に前置して用いますが、thanなどとは組みません。 「(ほかのものより)絶対に劣っている(と友人らがみなしている)」というわけです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9667/12015)
回答No.2

>I ended up traveling to the other side of the country to follow that path, and my hard work eventually led nowhere. I went from having a trajectory of purposeful busyness to, like most people, getting what I could. Very abruptly, a lot of people, including people I thought were friends, lost interest in my activities and questioned the legitimacy of the lesser things I did for a living. ⇒私はついに、あの遥かな道をたどってみようと国の反対側にまで旅をしてみたのですが、その重労働(強行軍)をもってしても、結局、どこにも辿り着けませんでした。私は、ほとんどの人と同じように、何か得られるものがあるのではないかと、意味のある用件を辿るための道筋を心に抱いて出発しました。しかし、極めて突然に、友人と思っていた人々を含め、たくさんの人が私の活動に対する興味を失い、そんな取るに足りないことをしたとて生活するのに何の妥当性(足し)になるのか、と訝(いぶか)ったのです。 >a trajectory of purposeful busynessとlegitimacy of the lesser thingsの意味をよろしくお願いします ⇒抽象的で難しい表現ですね。 a trajectory of purposeful busyness:「目的のある仕事の放物線」→「意味のある用件のための(それを辿るための)道筋」。 legitimacy of the lesser things:「つまらぬことどもの持つ合法性」→「取るに足りないことをすることの妥当性」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。lesserはtrivialと同意でしょうか?なぜlessの比較級がそのような意味になるのでしょうか?

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

trajectory of purposeful busynessとlegitimacy of the lesser thingsの意味をよろしくお願いします  1。「目的がある忙しさの抛物線」> ちゃんとした目的があり、それに向かって、何かをしようと張り切った(すなわちふにゃふにゃ凸凹ののない)線、という意味だと思います。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=trajectory 2。legitimacy of the lesser things これは終わりまで入れますと「(私が食うためにやった)小さなことにまで、その法的正当性に(疑いを挟む有様だった)。  具体的に言えば「あなた一体何のために、そんなくだらないことやってるの?」とケチをつける始末。勿論食うためよってのがわからない連中なんだからもう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。lesserはtrivialと同意でしょうか?なぜlessの比較級がそのような意味になるのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I went to London, where I’d originally dreamed of riding a big red bus, catching a glimpse of Will and Kate, and cheersing full pints at the local pub. Instead, I found myself wandering down a trash-filled street, desperately trying to match up the address on my iPhone with the myriad gray buildings in front of me. I’d decided to explore a new profession while I was traveling. So, I was headed to a free (borderline-cheesy-looking) personal development seminar that Saturday morning. The rest of the people in the room were impressive, super-smart, and overly kind. Even more surprisingly, every single one of them were locals. 60 Londoners, and one traveling American—me. That’s when it dawned on me, while we all sacrificed our Saturday, to sit in a room full of strangers and “check out” a new potential passion— they were doing this in their hometown, without quitting their day jobs. Somehow, I missed the memo. 最後のmissed the memoはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I am 31, recently out of a 12-year relationship (and three-year marriage), and am at a loss. While I was chubby when my ex and I started dating, my weight became an issue of contention near the end of my marriage. I’d like to have kids, and would therefore like to start dating, maybe find someone to have a family with. I feel short of time given that I spent all of my 20s in a relationship that didn’t work out in that way. I am clinically obese though I’ve been told that I am attractive and carry it well. Should I wait until I lose the approximately 30 pounds that I need to lose to be at a normal weight, or can I realistically date now? I know this is a strange question and somewhat individual but while I sometimes chat with people on dating apps like Tinder or OKCupid (my pics are recent and accurate, though flattering), I tend to dodge out before making plans to meet because I am nervous about reactions to my weight. carry it wellとdodge outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I'm 29. I never had a chance to date in high school. My family farms, and when I was 14, my grandfather could no longer help my dad. Dad couldn't take care of things alone, so I would go out and help him the minute I got home from school every day. Between the farm work and keeping up with my studies, I had to grow up fast. I graduated with a 3.5 grade point average, but because I had no time for dating, this part of my development has always been off. this part of my development has always been offとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am also constantly paranoid that people are talking about me, which I have found out that they do, and often. They say things such as, "She doesn't deserve to be part of (specific group here)." My crush's best friend is the leader of most of these things. I care way too much about what people think about me. This also has lead to me thinking badly about myself. They think about me as lesser than them, I think that too. I actually start to speak up, or be myself, I do/say something stupid, and then I go back into my shell. I am constantly beating myself down with my thoughts. What do I do? think aboutをthink ofに変えるとどうニュアンスが違ってくるでしょうか?あと、They think about me as lesser than themの訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この英文の意味を教えてください。

What was the experience like? I see it as a very positive thing. I think it’s an honor to play on all those other people’s records. And even if sometimes it took away from my own personal time, I think that only made me more anxious to do my own things. So when I finally did get the chance, I was full of ideas and motivation. and even if 以降がどうもあやふやです。何が言いたいのでしょうか・・・。 ほかの人とプレイすることによって自分の時間を失うことがあったけど、不安といえるのはそれくらいなもんだった。 こんな感じですか?その続きのso when以降もお願いいたします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am more of a glass-half-empty kind of woman, so it is difficult for me to express myself otherwise. I always seem to want to talk about the what-ifs and my concerns and my personal outlook on things, which always differs from his. This upsets him very much and usually causes him to lash out at me, saying I need to stop this and start thinking about how it ruins the moment for him. ruins the moment for himとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• claimの意味

My fiancé and I are marrying next spring. We both have large families and so have a limited number of friends on the guest list. Recently, a number of acquaintances have assumed they are invited to the wedding. Some of these assumptions come through social media (posting things like “Can’t wait to be at your wedding!” on my Facebook wall). Others have happened when I’ve run into neighbors or old school friends while visiting my hometown. Some have joked “I know I’m on the guest list, right?” or simply said “John and I are excited to be there.” So far, I’ve just deflected the comment or changed the subject without making any promises. What is the best and kindest way to let people know they aren’t invited, whether online or in-person? I can’t claim a small wedding because, well, it’s not. I can’t claim a small weddingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 名言?ことわざ?どういう意味なのでしょうか。

これはどういう意味なのでしょうか。 調べてみたのですが、よく分からず・・ なにか有名な言葉なのでしょうか? Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, “Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.”

• 意味を教えてください

My first visit to Tokyo was a sensory overload unlike any I’d ever experienced. The sheer bombardment of sights, sounds and smells coupled with the labyrinthine train system are enough to give even an expert gamer synesthesia. I honestly never thought I was going to be able to get around a monstro-megalopolis like this. It took me a few months (and a ton of mistakes) to get some semblance of my bearings, sensory overloadとsemblance of my bearingsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 14 years old and facing a dilemma. My father isn't particularly religious, but my mother is a strict Catholic, and my older sister and brother have been confirmed. I have another six months before I am expected to go through the process of confirmation. I do not want to do this. But as the time approaches, my mother has become increasingly forceful on the subject. I do not share my mother's beliefs, although I do believe in God. My father supports my choice, and I've tried to explain it to my mother, but she won't have any of it. she won't have any of it.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします