• ベストアンサー

behind the pack

Dear E. Jean: I've just turned 30, and I have the horrible suspicion that I'm behind the pack. How do I spark a desire to improve? How do I rekindle my career fire? How do I keep up with the pack? ここでのthe packの意味は「同世代」くらいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのthe packの意味は「同世代」くらいでしょうか?  だいたいそんなところだろうと思います。  僕が pack で連想するのは動物の「群れ」(下記)それも弱い動物の群れで、離れて落伍すると猛獣の餌食になる、だから遅れられない > 人に遅れを取るのは危ない、といった流れです。   http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=pack  私は、もうアラサーで、(置き去りにされちゃって)みんなに遅れているという恐ろしい妄想に追われています。  どうすれば向上の火花が生まれるのでしょうか。どうすれば仕事に対する熱意を再燃できるのでしょうか、どうすれば遅れを取らずみんなと一緒に進めるのでしょうか。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• He's gonna freak behind this thing.

70年代の刑事ドラマからです。お願いします。 刑事A,Bがsquad roomに入ろうとすると、 室内に事件被害者らしき女性が…。 それも、その女性はlieutenantであるXの娘のようだ…。 ただ事ではない雰囲気を感じ、 ちょうど通りかかった同僚Cに、事の経緯を尋ねる2人。 A: Hey, C, what's going on? C: It's a rape case. B: X's daughter? C: Yeah. I know X since I've been a rookie. He's gonna freak behind this thing. A: How'd it go down? ここで、タイトル部分にbehindが使われていますが、 freak with ~を使った場合とでは どんな違いがあるんでしょうか? 教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 恋愛の悩み

How do girls want boys confession? I before he turned once. 女の子は、男性からの告白と? 私は前に一度彼は拒否されて どうぞよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Ask E. Jean: How Do I Tell My Hookup I Want to Date Him Without Looking Foolish? Dear E. Jean: I'm 29 years old, and I still have no idea how to show a man that I'm interested in him. (No surprise: I've only had one actual boyfriend.) I maintain high standards regarding men showing me interest, but my subtlety in returning the interest (such as a Facebook like) is so subtle that it's barely noticeable. ここでのHookupはどのような意味でしょうか? I maintain high standards regarding men showing me interestはI maintain high standards regarding men who show me interestと言い換えられるでしょうか?2つに違いはあるでしょうか? よろしくお願いします

• An old soul

Dear E. Jean: I'm curious: Should I have sex before marriage? —XX Metta Miss Metta: Before I respond, please answer two questions for me: (1) How old are you? (2) Are you in love? —Ravishing Regards, E. Jean Auntie Eeeee: I'm 22. Just graduating college. An old soul. An old soul.とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ノーダウトのit's my lifeという曲のついてなのですがなんとなく訳せますが意味がよくわかりません

Funny how I find myself in love with you If I could buy my reasoning I'd pay to lose One half won't do I've asked myself How much do you commit yourself? It's my life Don't you forget? It's my life It never ends Funny how I blind myself I never knew if I was sometimes played upon Afraid to lose I'd tell myself what good you do Convince myself It's my life Don't you forget? It's my life It never ends I've asked myself how much do you commit yourself? It's my life Don't you forget Caught in the crowd It never ends これが歌詞ですが、何が言いたいのかよくわかりません。詳しい人いましたら的確に訳して解説してください

• よろしくお願いします

I don't mean this as a pathetic, "poor me" question, but how do I come to terms with being alone for the rest of my life? How do I stop hoping that one day it will happen? I'm turning 30 this month and coming off a romantic disappointment (against my better judgment, I let myself get excited about a guy). http://www.elle.com/life-love/ask-e-jean/advice/a35897/ask-e-jean-giving-up-on-love/ coming off a romantic disappointmentの意味を教えてください。あと、against my better judgmentとありますが、何に対してbetterなのでしょうか?goodではいけないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味がわかりません

I do perfectly okay dear..and how is life over there with you..I would love to know you more better Queen of my heart...tell me little about yourself.. 私は完璧にやっています。あなたのことをもっと知りたい。私にあなたのことを話して って言ってるんですか?

• 迷惑メール??

Dear Sir, Hope you are doing well, Can i do business with you? Regards Jean Pierrie Nkota PLOT 19 NATEETE ROAD TEL +256-790431056 KAMPALA UGANDA EAST AFRICA という内容のメールが Yahooメールに届きました 迷惑メールですよね? この電話番号を検索かけても でてこなかったので 気になりました。 どう思いますか?

• 全訳をよろしくお願いします

I've also been spending hard the past few months on the assumption I have an income. Now it looks like I'm out. My question is, how do I spin this "bad performance" to prospective employers? 全訳をよろしくお願いします

• for all Auntie Eeee cares

Dear E. Jean: How long should I wait to sleep with a man? I don't want to give it up too soon, but I don't want him to lose interest. Answer: You can sleep with a man as you'rebeing introduced, for all Auntie Eeee cares. for all Auntie Eeee caresの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします