How Did That Work Prepare for a Senior-Level PR Position?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In the early days, I did a lot of support work—research, writing (and re-writing), crafting pitches, getting to know journalists, and attending almost every networking event that came across my desk.
  • 初期の日々では、私は多くのサポート業務を行いました。リサーチ、執筆(および再執筆)、ピッチの作成、ジャーナリストとの関係構築、そして私の机に寄せられたほぼすべてのネットワーキングイベントに出席しました。
  • In my early days of working, I had a lot of responsibilities such as conducting research, writing and rewriting, creating pitches, building relationships with journalists, and attending various networking events.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

(interview) How Did That Work Prepare for a Senior-Level PR Position? In the early days, I did a lot of support work—research, writing (and re-writing), crafting pitches, getting to know journalists, and attending almost every networking event that came across my desk. 最初のセンテンスの訳と、came across my deskの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

>最初のセンテンスの訳と、came across my deskの意味を教えてください。 ⇒以下のとおりお答えします。 (1)最初のセンテンスの訳 >(interview) How Did That Work Prepare for a Senior-Level PR Position? ⇒(面接)「あなたは上級の宣伝職に就くために、どのような仕事の下準備をしましたか?」 *forは、「~を求めて、~を得るために、~職に就くために」というような意味です。 (2)came across my deskの意味 ⇒acrossは「(~の)いたるところに」、my deskは「私の仕事場」という意味です。 「私の仕事場にドサドサと舞い込んでくる(すべてのイベントに出席した)」。 *「イベントに出席すること」は、いわゆるお偉いさんになるための下積み作業の一環としてこなしたことの1つですね。その「下積み作業」をズラズラと並べたのが、その前の部分ですね。すなわち、「(市場)調査、文書作成(および手直し)、売り込み広告の作成(捏造)、ジャーナリストと知己になること、それと、あらゆるイベント交流会合に出席すること」…でした。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

「(面接)その仕事は、宣伝の上級職のためにどのように役に立ちましたか?」 that work は、これまで、または以前やっていた仕事 senior-level 上級の、PR 宣伝、広報 「最初の頃、私はたくさんの補助的な仕事をしました。調査、文書作り (そして、文書の手直し)、宣伝文句の作成、新聞記者と知り合いになること、そして仕事通じて知ったありとあらゆる交流の会合に出席すること。」 came across my desk は始めてみましたが、文脈からして、my desk つまり仕事をする場、そこをcame across 通ってやって来た、なので、「仕事を通じて知った、見つけた」かと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My friend and I enjoy writing letters and receiving things via regular mail. For my birthday, she told me to watch the mailbox because she was sending me something. Well, long story short, nothing arrived. I did get cards from other people in the mail. She also has my email address, but no birthday greetings came that way, either. came that way,はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 教えてください

1.When did you get back from you trip ?   いつから(    )のか。 2.I came across him at the station. 駅で彼に(    )。 3.I can't put up with this treatment any longer. これ以上にこんな扱いを(    )できない。 4.I have made up my mind to work harder. 私はもっと頑張ろうと(    )。 この4つが分かりません。 教えてください。

• relaxed and relaxing

I came across the sentence "The atmosphere is cordial and relaxed." in the English study material software. I wonder whether the "relaxed" should be "relaxing" because the subject of the sentence is "the atmosphere" not a person. Am I right or the original sentence is correct?

• 至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手

至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手くいきません。ご協力お願いします。 John McCain and Hillary Clinton have echoed each other, dismissing this call for change as eloquent but empty, speeches not solutions. And yet they know, or they should know, that it's a call that did not begin with my words. It began with words that were spoken on the floors of factories in Ohio and across the deep plains of Texas, words that came from classrooms in South Carolina and living rooms in the state of Iowa, from first-time voters and lifelong cynics, from Democrats and Independents and Republicans alike.

• the wrong side of

In my favorite sci-fi drama, I came across the sentence "Boys meets girl from the wrong side of the galaxy". In Japanese that means "少年が銀河の反対の少女と出会った". Is the sentence "the wrong side of" commonly used even by non-native English speaker? What is the other alternatives with easy-to-understanding even for non-native speaker? Is "the complete opposite of" one of the alternatives?

• 疑問代名詞は、関係代名詞の先行詞になれますか?

What did John say that made Mary say, "And prepare for the worst!"? 上記の英文を肯定文に直すと John said something that made Mary say, "And prepare for the worst!" のようになると思うのですが、正しいですか? (What を something にしました) そうしますと、最初の疑問文は something を訊く ためにWhat になったと思いますが、この場合、 What は 関係代名詞 that の先行詞になっていますか? 根本的に間違っていましたら、英文の構造を教えて いただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の疑問

英文の解説をお願いします。 I am especially interested in this position because my experience as a senior security professional in the military has prepared me for a disciplined, secure work environment and the challenges associated with unexpected events. という文章でprepared me forという用法を教えてください。 prepareとforの間にmeがくるのは初めて見ました。

• はじめて見た使い方(文法)

A few days ago, I came across a ring-sized box my boyfriend was obviously planning to give me. It had the name of a company on it, and I immediately Googled it out of curiosity. I was taken aback when I found that this company sells cubic zirconia rings that cost about $20. So I did something that I now regret — I peeked inside the box. It was an engagement ring and wedding ring set that I saw on the website costs $20.99. an engagement ring and wedding ring set that I saw on the website costs $20.99.のsawとcostsは両方前の名詞にかかっているのでしょうか?このような言い方はできるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去の仮定文

下記の過去の事実なんで、その事実に反する、ありそうもない過去の仮定文に書きかえてみたんですが、これで合っているでしょうか? 1.I did not take better notes, since I did not know that question was going to be on the examination. Ans.>I did take good notes for examination. 2.I did not bring my tennis racket and shoes, since I did not know that you were looking for a partner. Ans.>I did bring my tennis racket and shoes, because I did know that you were looking for a partner.

• 説明お願いします

The fact, however, that in the past I did most of my work without my own library I regard as advantage rather than a disadvantage. このthatの用法教えてください また、なぜin the pastが先にきているのかということも合わせて説明お願いします。