なぜ日本人はそんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私が日本社会に戻った際、多くの人々が私に質問をしてくることにイライラしました。
  • 日本人は初対面の人でもたくさん質問する傾向があります。
  • ある女性は私の母に連絡し、私が日本語をきちんと話せないことに疑問を抱きました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Why do you ask so many question? Why do Japanese ask so many questions? When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" 日本語訳 なぜあなたはそんなにたくさん聞くの? なぜ日本人は、そんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか? 私は、(合計)12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、および、文化的な「疎開」としてのアメリカでの中学生活6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられるたくさんの質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。例えば、「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいた?」などです。私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」、と。 質問 アメリカでの中学生活6年間 は、日本にあるアメリカンハイスクールのことでしょうか? また、国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいたというかお金を稼いでいましたか?と和訳したほうが適切ですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>本日英文和訳に関する質問を投稿するのですが、回答いただければ幸いです。 ⇒了解しました。早速、以下のとおりお答えします。 >Why do you ask so many question? >Why do Japanese ask so many questions? >When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" >なぜあなたはそんなにたくさん聞くの? >なぜ日本人は、そんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか? >私は、(合計)12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、および、文化的な「疎開」としてのアメリカでの中学生活6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられるたくさんの質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。例えば、 「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいた?」などです。私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」、と。 (語句) ★secondary school:「中等学校」(日本でいう中学と高校を含む教育課程)。 ★Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly?:「どうしてあなたのお嬢さんは言葉(日本語)をきちんと話せないの?」。speakの「同族目的語」は、language「国語、言葉」ですので、この場合それを入れて訳すとよりよくなりそうですね。 (全訳) ⇒なぜあなたはそんなにたくさん質問するの? なぜ日本人は、そんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか? 私は、12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、それと、文化的な「疎開」としてアメリカの中等学校で6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、人々から、それも初対面の人からさえ、尋ねられるたくさんの質問にしばしば困惑しました。例えば、「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いだでしょうね?」などです。私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さんは、言葉(日本語)をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」、と。 (ご質問への回答) >アメリカでの中学生活6年間は、日本にあるアメリカンハイスクールのことでしょうか? ⇒そうではなくて、「アメリカ(国内)の中等学校で6年間」ということでしょう。上でも述べましたように、日本でいう「中学1年から高校3年まで」の6年間に当たる時期を アメリカで過ごした、ということだと思います。因みに、これを区分する場合は、それぞれ lower secondary school, upper secondary school とするようです。 >また、国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいたというかお金を稼いでいましたか?と和訳したほうが適切ですか? ⇒はい、「たくさんお金を稼いだ(こと)でしょうね?」でいいと思います。

iwano_aoi
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文翻訳があります。翻訳は正しいですか?

Why do you ask so many question? Why do Japanese ask so many questions? When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" 和訳 君はなぜそんな沢山聞くの? なぜ日本人はそんなにたくさん聞くの? 海外の小学校で12年間プラス、文化的な租界としてのアメリカの中学生活6年間ののちに、日本社会に戻った時、私は自分に向けられるたくさんの質問、初対面の人ですらしてくる質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金もらったでしょ?」私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Placing people in the proper perspective Only recently have I learned that Japanese ask "personal" questions for a number of reasons. One function of such questions is to express concern, or even critiism, towards differences from what Japanese think is "normal". Doesn't a Japanese girl who is unable to speak Japanese have a speech impediment? Shouldn't a girl get married before she is so old no one wants her? 日本語訳 人を正しく捉えること 最近になってやっと私は、日本人が「個人的」質問をするのにはいくつかの理由があることを学びました。そうした質問がもつ機能の一つは、日本人が「普通」だと考えることとの違いに対する心配や批判さえも表すことです。日本語を話せない日本人の少女は、言語障害があるからですよね?誰も必要としないかなりの年寄りになる前に女の子は結婚すべきじゃない?

• 英文と日本語訳があります。日本語訳は正しいですか?

But foreigners are always asking questions, too! Choice and opinion questions On the other hand, Japanese people also complain that foreigners are always asking them questions that make them feel uncomfortable. Many are questions of choice: "Would you like a coke, juice, or some tea?" "Do you want it in a cup pr a glass?" "What kind of salad dressing would you like?" "Do you want to go to Diseyland or to the beach?" Still worse are questions of opinion: "What do you think is the best strategy for this project?" "What do you thik about the role of women in society?" "What can be done to improve this class?" 日本語訳 でも外国人だって常に質問してきます! 選択肢のある質問と意見を求める質問 一方、日本の人たちも外国人は自分たちを不愉快にさせる質問をするじゃないかと不満をもらします。(外国人がする)多くの質問は何かを選ぶものです。「コーラか、ジュース、もしくはお茶はいかがですか?」「カップがいいですか、それともグラスがいいですか?」「サラダドレッシングは何になさいますか?」「ディズニーランドに行きたい?それともビーチがいい?」など。 それよりさらに嫌なのは意見を求める質問です。「このプロジェクトにおけるベストな戦略はなんだと思う?」「社会における女性の役割についてのあなたの考えは?」「このクラス(授業かもしれません)をもっとよくするには何ができますかね?」

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

I was annoyed because I felt that these were personal questions, invading my privacy. Later on came questions about even more personal matters. "Why don't you get married? How old are you anyway?" "Why are you going to graduate school? Don't you think you will end up being an old maid?" And much later, when I did get married, "How many children do you have?" "Why do you have only one child? Do you think it's fair to have only one child?" 日本語訳 私はこれらが個人的な質問であり、私のプライバシーを侵害していると感じたので、私は腹が立った。その後、さらに個人的な問題について質問がありました。 "なぜ結婚しないの?とにかく何歳ですか?" "なぜ大学院に行くのですか?オールドミスになってしまうと思いませんか?"そしてずっと後で、私が結婚したとき、「あなたは何人の子供がいますか?」 「なぜあなたは子供が1人しかいないのですか?子供が一人だけというのは良いことですか?

• 英文和訳をお願いします

And so the customer, of course, is the housewife. What do they pay us for ? I do not know how many people in the world make soap, but there are a great many. And I can’t tell you the difference between one kind of soap or the other. And why does the buyer have a preference, and a strong one, by the way? What does it do for her? Why is she willing to buy from us when on the same shelves in the US or in Japan or in Germany there are soaps from five other soap manufacturers? She usually does not even look at them. She reaches out for that soap. Why? What does she see? What does she want? Try to work on this.

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

If an American hesitates to ask detailed personal questions-wishing to remain polite, American-style -they in turn may feel they are not getting necessary information from the Japanese person they are talking to. They may even feel that the Japanese person is evading disclosing information about himself. Aericans may ask general questions such as "Well, what about yourself?" in order to encourage the other person to talk. Most Japaense, however, would not comprehend that this is an invitation to start talking about themselves, while taking care to divulge only information that they feel is appropriate. 日本語訳 細かい個人的な質問をするのをためらうアメリカ人がいたとしても,そのためらいは,質問内容を当たり障りのない形だけのものにとどめようとするアメリカ式のためらいである。ためらいに引き続いて,そのアメリカ人は,話し相手の日本人からは必要な情報をもらっていないぞという思いでいるのかも知れないし,また,その日本人が自分の情報開示をのらりくらりと避けているようにさえ思えているのかも知れない。アメリカ人なら「で,君自身は,どうなんだい?」などと一般的な質問を投げかけることがある。これには,肩の力を抜いて喋ることを勧める狙いもある。しかしながら,大抵の日本人には,これが通じない。この政府が実は,支障がないと思える範囲で自分の話をしてはどうかとの誘い水であることを,理解しようとしないのである。

Many Westerners, on the other hand, would find it hard to understand why some Japanese spend the equ ivalent of up to one or two years' income on a car that they spend more time polishing than driving. For the same reason, they cannot understand how young women in their twenties spend thousands of dollars on vacations abroad where they buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of clothes, bags, shoes, and accessories "because they are so cheap." They would be even more surprised if they found out that many of these same people live in tiny apartments or in the same house as their parents. It all depends on what people value. 日本語訳 どうして、日本人の中には1年分か2年分もの収入に相当するお金を運転するよりも磨くことに時間を費やす車に使う人がいるのか理解しがたいと感じるだろう。 同じ理由で、二十代の若い女性に、どうして、”とても安いからと言う理由で”、数万ドルの衣類・バッグ・靴・アクセサリーを買う海外でのバケーションに多額のお金を費やすのか、理解できない。 もし同じ彼らの多くが小さなアパートに住み、あるいは彼らの両親と同じ家で暮らしている事を知れば、彼らは一層驚きさえするだろう。それはすべて人々の価値観次第のことである。

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

What do you do with all that time and space? Many dimensions of culture are so much a part of our daily lives and seem so "natural" that we do not even think about them until we encounter a different approach to them. The use of time and space are two such examples. Taking time and being on time Duration-Long meetings with no end in sight 日本語訳 あの時間や空間ってどう扱いますか? 文化の多くの側面は私たちの日常生活にとても多くの部分を占める(に関係する)。そしてそれらはとても自然に感じるので、異なるやり方に出会うまではそれについて考えることさえしない。時間と空間の使用はそのような2つの例です。 時間を取ったり、時間に間に合ったり 終わりの見えない長時間の会議

Hundreds of years later a young and, incidentally, very tall American teaching at a Japane high school complained of a different form of "Japanese torture." Rather than limited space, this torture took the form of unlimited time: long faculty meetings. The young American teacher, who we will call Nathan, couldn't understand why he had to sit through faculty meetings, when he understood nothing and could say even less. He felt it must be a form of tortune to punish him and other non-Japanese members of the teaching staff. 日本語訳 何百年も後に、日本の高校で教えている一人の若くて、ついでながらとても背の高い、アメリカ人が別の形の「日本式の拷問」について不満を言いました。この拷問は、空間が限られているというよりも、無制限の時間という形でした、つまり長時間の職員会議です。その若いアメリカ人の教師、その人をネーサンとします、は自分には何も理解できないしまして発言はもっと出来ないのに、教職員会議の間中どうして自分が着席していなくてはならないのか理解できなかったのです。それは彼及びその他の日本人でない教職員を罰するための一つの形に違いないと彼は感じました。

• この文を日本語にしてください。

この文を日本語にしてください。 1 There are many people who need assistance dogs. Most of them can't get one, because there are not many assistance dogs. 2 Even an assistance dog like Kenny can't go into many restaurant and shops. 3 Some are afraid of dogs. 4 Why can't my aunt go into such places with Kenny when she wants to do so? よろしくお願いします。