• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

I was annoyed because I felt that these were personal questions, invading my privacy. Later on came questions about even more personal matters. "Why don't you get married? How old are you anyway?" "Why are you going to graduate school? Don't you think you will end up being an old maid?" And much later, when I did get married, "How many children do you have?" "Why do you have only one child? Do you think it's fair to have only one child?" 日本語訳 私はこれらが個人的な質問であり、私のプライバシーを侵害していると感じたので、私は腹が立った。その後、さらに個人的な問題について質問がありました。 "なぜ結婚しないの?とにかく何歳ですか?" "なぜ大学院に行くのですか?オールドミスになってしまうと思いませんか?"そしてずっと後で、私が結婚したとき、「あなたは何人の子供がいますか?」 「なぜあなたは子供が1人しかいないのですか?子供が一人だけというのは良いことですか?

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数59
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (7495/9241)

以下のとおりお答えします。実に見事な和訳だと思います。 >I was annoyed because I felt that these were personal questions, invading my privacy. Later on came questions about even more personal matters. "Why don't you get married? How old are you anyway?" "Why are you going to graduate school? Don't you think you will end up being an old maid?" And much later, when I did get married, "How many children do you have?" "Why do you have only one child? Do you think it's fair to have only one child?" >私はこれらが個人的な質問であり、私のプライバシーを侵害していると感じたので、私は腹が立った。その後、さらに個人的な問題について質問がありました。"なぜ結婚しないの?とにかく何歳ですか?" "なぜ大学院に行くのですか?オールドミスになってしまうと思いませんか?"そしてずっと後で、私が結婚したとき、「あなたは何人の子供がいますか?」 「なぜあなたは子供が1人しかいないのですか?子供が一人だけというのは良いことですか? ★構文・語句ともに「いちゃもん」をつけられることは1つもありません! 句読符合の類を、きちんと(統一して)使いましょう。 ⇒私は、これらが個人的な質問であり、私のプライバシーを侵害していると感じましたので、腹が立ちました。その後、さらに個人的な問題について質問がありました。「なぜ結婚しないの? とにかく何歳ですか?」 「なぜ大学院に行くのですか? オールドミスになってしまうと思いませんか?」。そしてずっと後で、私が結婚したとき、「あなたは何人の子供がいますか?」 「なぜあなたは子供が一人しかいないのですか? 子供が一人だけというのは良いことだと思いますか?」と(いう質問がありました)。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• みたことのない英文です。ありなんですか?

1) Why have a car if you never use it? 2) Why work if you don't need money? 言おうとしていることはなんとなくわかるのですが、(1)は使わないならなんで車があるの? 2)お金が必要ないならなんで働くの?・・・・で いいんですよね?) こんな疑問文を見たのは初めてです。 ★1) Why do you have a car if you never use it? ★2) Why do you work if you don't need money? が 省略前の文と思っていていいのでしょうか?  はじめの1)2)は 口語?での言い回しですか? 実際使われているものなのでしょうか? わかる方よろしくお願いいたします。

• 歌詞の和訳がしりたいです。

竹内まりやの『本気でオンリーユー』の訳がどうしても知りたいので、凄く長くてお手数おかけしてしまいますが、どなたかご協力、お願いします。教えてください! Now let's get married No need to wait and waste our time Why do we have to carry on this way? No one can keep us apart So,let's get married right away I'll wake you up in the morning,my baby Sweeten your coffee with my kiss And in the night I will hold you so tightly Whisperin' the words you long to hear So, let's get married Why don't you ask me and stop hesitating? Just think how happy we can be You & me in a small house with a dog So, let's get married right away When you are blue and so down, my baby I'll give a smile to cheer you up But if I get sad and lonely Please hug me close and wipe my tears So, let's get married I just don't know how to live without you Maybe it's nice to have our kids some day And this is all I can say Now let's get married right away So, let's get married right away

• to beの使い方

How old do you have to be to get a driver's license? は 「何歳で免許がとれるの?」という日本語訳になるみたいですが、 How old do you get a driver's license?と同じ訳になりますか? 最初の英文のhave to beにはどんな意味があるのでしょうか? ご存知の方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Placing people in the proper perspective Only recently have I learned that Japanese ask "personal" questions for a number of reasons. One function of such questions is to express concern, or even critiism, towards differences from what Japanese think is "normal". Doesn't a Japanese girl who is unable to speak Japanese have a speech impediment? Shouldn't a girl get married before she is so old no one wants her? 日本語訳 人を正しく捉えること 最近になってやっと私は、日本人が「個人的」質問をするのにはいくつかの理由があることを学びました。そうした質問がもつ機能の一つは、日本人が「普通」だと考えることとの違いに対する心配や批判さえも表すことです。日本語を話せない日本人の少女は、言語障害があるからですよね?誰も必要としないかなりの年寄りになる前に女の子は結婚すべきじゃない?

• 英文を作ったんですが変ですか?

A whats your name? B my names yamashita A how old are you? B im 15 years old A where do you live B i live in saitama A what do you like soccer? B yes i really like reds A i have on ticket for the soccer game do you want to the ticket? B yes i do i want to the ticket please A of course

• 和訳を教えてください

In that case, you have a 50% chance or better on all the T-F questions, even is you don't have the foggiest which is correct. これの和訳を教えてください。 ちなみに T-F question:〇✖(Ttue,False)問題 don't have the foggiest:まったくわからないという なのですが、つなぎ合わせても理解ができません・・・

• この英文の違いについて教えてください。

この英文の違いについて教えてください。 How don't you know about it? How do you not know about it? 訳つきで教えて頂ければうれしいです。ではよろしく願いします。

• 簡単な和訳だと思うのですがよくわかんなくなってきた

タイトルのとおりなのですが、 「彼は何歳だとあなたは思いますか?」 を英訳するとどうなるのか、よくわからなくなってしまいました。 How old do you think he is? でいいんでしょうか?自身がありません。情けないですが、ご教授ください!

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Until recently I had no idea why people asked me these questions. People from other countries also c omplained about being asked what they considered personal questions. My American roommate in California, usually quite mild, was incensed by one of my Japanese visitors, who asked what he probably considered an indirect question: "What is the marriageable age in the United States?" The implication was not lost ome her. "Is he implying that I should be married at my age? (She was 25 or 26 years old at that time.) What business is it of his when I get married!" 日本語訳 最近まで人々がなぜこうした質問を私にするのかわかりませんでした。他の国からきた人たちも、彼らが個人的な質問だと思う事柄について尋ねられることに苦情を言ってました。普通はとっても穏やかなカリフォルニアにいる私のアメリカ人ルームメイトは、おそらくは遠まわしの質問だと思って次のように尋ねた日本人の訪問客の一人に激怒しました。「アメリカでの結婚適齢期は何歳?」その質問が暗示していることが彼女にはわかったのです。「彼は私の年なら結婚すべきだってほのめかしてるの?(彼女はその当時25か26歳でした)。私の結婚が彼になんの関係があるって言うのよ!」

• 英文解釈です

この文章はアメリカのある修道女の中絶反対運動に関する発言ですが、中程にある And why would I think that you don’t? はどういう意味に取ったらいいでしょうか? don't の後の動詞が省略されていると考えば、どんな動詞くるのでしょうか? I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.