Acapulco: A Once Exotic Tourist Destination Plagued by Corruption and Drug Cartel Problems

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Acapulco, once a popular destination for Hollywood stars and millionaires in the 1950s, is now facing problems with corrupt police and drug cartel issues.
  • Tourists in Acapulco have reported incidents of extortion and intimidation by the local corrupt police, who steal money and threaten visitors with jail.
  • The city is also known for its drug cartel problems, with reports of dead bodies and the risk of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文で意味の解らない部分があります

下記の文の最後の方で、 It may sound fun, all the parties and wild fun がどういうことを言ってるのか意味が解りません。教えて下さいませんか? Acapulco is one of Mexico’s oldest coastal tourist destinations, reaching prominence in the 1950s as the place where Hollywood stars and millionaires vacationed on the beach in an exotic locale. But in modern times, tourists in Acapulco have been facing problems with the local corrupt police who steal money by extortion and intimidate visitors with threats of jail. Other than that, Acapulco is also known as a city with a lot of drug cartel problems. There have been reports of dead bodies everywhere, and if you are at the wrong place at a wrong time, no one can guarantee you won’t end up the same. It may sound fun, all the parties and wild fun, but be advised and be safe if you still want to travel there.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

「補足コメント」を拝受しました。 >all the parties の 「バカ騒ぎ」の意味はどこを探したら出て来るのでしょうか? ⇒例えば、「ジーニアス英和大辞典」でpartyを調べると、 名詞の項の6として、「ばか騒ぎ」という訳語そのものが載っています。 以上、再伸まで。

0123gokudo
質問者

お礼

再度の回答ありがとうございます。 "大"辞典でないと載ってないようですね。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >下記の文の最後の方で、 It may sound fun, all the parties and wild fun がどういうことを言ってるのか意味が解りません。教えて下さいませんか? ⇒fun「からかい」、all the parties「バカ騒ぎ・カラ騒ぎ」、wild fun「(狂気じみた)悪ふざけ」といったニュアンスだと思います。 訳文:「それ(アカプルコでは悪くするとドザエモンにされるかも知れないこと)は、からかい、バカ騒ぎ、狂気じみた悪ふざけのように聞こえるかも知れませんが、(それでも、もしあなたがそこへ旅行したいならば、忠告を聞いて安全を期するがよろしい)。」 以上、ご回答まで。 追伸:私も以前アカプルコへ行ったことがありますが、当時はそれほどひどいとは感じませんでした。 (もちろん、日本ほど安全とは思いませんが。)

0123gokudo
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます。 fun と wild fun は何とか解るのですが、all the parties が、「バカ騒ぎ・カラ騒ぎ」の意であるのは、どこを探しても出て来ません。weblioにもないし英辞郎にもありません。オンラインのLongman とか Cambridge でも出て来ません。 all the parties の 「バカ騒ぎ」の意味はどこを探したら出て来るのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

You may have lots of friends or Relatives who can spend time with you but later on, they still have to leave you behind but when you have a special partner, he or she will always be there for you when needed. 私は直訳しかできないので、全体的な意味がわかりません。 詳しい方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a tendency for this courtship to be secret, or platonic. A long and faithful attachment. But one that is inconstant, strange, impulsive. Slow but sure. With these aspect you could fall in love with someone who has been formerly a friend. You can expect some remarkable strange and exciting events in your courtship.

• 英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。商品の新入荷情報を質問していて返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 We are in the process of putting them up, are there any particular styles you are interested in? There are not too many new ones, we realize the most popular ones are still the AAA styles, if you are interested in more please let us know we have updated those styles with newer colors but they may not appear in the new arrivals.

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳(とにかく分からないです)

以下の1文はAdam Smith-Theory and Politics-The four stages of Societyの481頁からの引用です。 From the system I have already explain'd, you will remember that I told you we may conceive an injury was done one when an impartial spectator would be of opinion he was injured, would join with him in his concern and go along with him when he defended the subject in his possession against any violent attack, or used force to recover what had been thus wrongfully wrested out of his hand. 質問は、この文は一体全体どうなっているのか、ということです。 you will remember that I....の「you」が全体の主語で、that節の主語はI、そしてI told you(that)we may....でまたthat節に入りyouが主語になる。(that)we may....はwe may conceive an injury was doneで終わる。 ここで「one」がくるのですが、when以下は挿入で one would join....という風に「one」は主語であると考える。すると、one would join with him in his concern and go along with him when....に続く。 あぁ、とにかくどこがどうなっているやら、そもそもoneは主語であっているのか、2つのwhenはどこにかかるのか、ということが分かりません。どなたか分かる方いらっしゃいますか? From the system I have already explain'd, の the systemは「占有することで財産権(所有権)が生まれる仕組み」を指します。

• 英文和訳

I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of democracy.  I urge every member of both parties, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.  At times history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was last week in Selma, Alabama.  There, long-suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many were brutally assaulted. One good man, a man of God, was killed.  There is no cause for pride in what has happened in Selma. There is no cause for self-satisfaction in the long denial of equal rights of millions of Americans. But there is cause for hope and for faith in our democracy in what is happening here tonight.  For the cries of pain and the hymns and protests of oppressed people have summoned into convocation all the majesty of this great Government--the Government of the greatest Nation on earth.  Our mission is at once the oldest and the most basic of this country: to right wrong, to do justice, to serve man.  In our time we have come to live with moments of great crisis. Our lives have been marked with debate about great issues; issues of war and peace, issues of prosperity and depression. But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of America itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved Nation どなたかお願いしますm(__)m

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きと在庫の事で相手からメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 our offices close on the 6th for one week, so you should place your order soon, for the 商品名 we are out of stock until our offices opens again. If you want you can change it, we normally can’t do 50% without first seeing the order size but I requested it for this one time code, it will expire at the end of the week so I would recommend you order soon, also the minimum order is $50 but that should not be a problem. If you want the 2 items that are out of stock, your order may be delayed but if you order the items in stock and perhaps some more, we can ship it out ASAP, thanks again and please let me know if you have any other questions. Also I have answered your questions below, thanks.

• この英文の意味を教えて下さい!

If you don't like me, it's not my fault. There's CLEARLY something wrong with you.

• どういう意味でしょうか?

We got your details from the website and we liked what we saw. Before we go any further though, we need to ask you a couple of questions that may save us all a lot of time in the future. We as a couple lead a very liberal way of life, with that in mind, do you have any problem with nudity or sexuality. If you have no problems, then great, perhaps we can start talking with a view to you being our ******. If you do have any problems with it however, then we are probably wasting each others time. We apologise for being so direct but we have been messed about by a lot of time wasters. というメールをいただきましたが 'nudity or sexuality' 付近をどう訳せば良いのか、 またどういう意味なのかがイマイチよく掴めません。 分かられる方がいらっしゃいましたら、ぜひお願いします。

• 一部意味の取れない英文があります

I do not like long-standing engagement. How can you tell whether on a certain day three or four weeks ahead you will wish to dine with a certain person? The chances are that in the interval something will turn up that you would much sooner do and so long a notice presages a large and formal party. But what help is there? The day has been fixed thus far away so that the guests bidden may be certainly disengaged and it needs a very adequate excuse to prevent your refusal from seeming churlish. You accept, and for a month the engagement hangs over you with gloomy menace. It interferes with your cherished plans. It disorganizes your life. There is really only one way to cope with the situation and that is to put yourself off at the last moment. But it is one that I have never had the courage or the want of scruple to adopt. 上記の英文で、 you would much sooner do の意味が分かりません。wouldは仮定と解説している参考書もあるのですが、仮定なら何を仮定しているのでしょうか? このwould はwant to の意味ではありませんか? 確かに、ずっと先の約束というのは余程楽しい約束でない限り、気になってしまい不愉快ですよね。そういう作者の気持ちは分かるのですが、具体的な例でも挙げて説明して頂ければ私の理解も容易になると思います。 宜しくお願い致します。