Social Discontent and Economic Disparity: Understanding the Growing Gap

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In many countries, social discontent is attributed to the growing disparity between the haves and have-nots.
  • Unable to continue paying taxes on the property, the family decided to put it on the block.
  • Knowing that they can save money, patients choose to go to doctors who prescribe generic drugs rather than drugs with expensive brand names.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

穴埋めをして訳してくれませんか?

In many countries, social discontent is attributed to the growing () between the haves and have-nots. 1. disparity 2.concession 3.convergence 4.duplicity Unable to continue paying taxes on the property, the family decided to put it (). 1.in the open 2.at loose ends 3. on the block 4. out of place knowing that they can save money, patients choose to go to doctors who prescribe () drugs rather than drugs with expensive brand names/ 1.specific 2.habitual 3.generic 4.nominal As the author of more than 150 novels, Hughes was one of the most () writers of his time. 1.luxuriant 2.prolific 3.bountiful 4.procreative Ever since her first lessons as a small child, Cathy has shown a natural () for ballet dancing. 1.procedure 2.expertise 3.aptitude 4.fortitude The police department () that the number of violent crimes will increase by about 5% this year. 1.estimates 2.evaluates 3.rates 4.values For thousands of years, humanity has sought to solve the question of life after death, but a definitive answer has always () us. 1.condoned 2. precluded 3.dispelled 4. eluded The salesman says that this used car is in really goos shape. But I'm not sure if he's (). 1.over the top 2.on the level 3.in the bag 4.off the cuff The soccer coach said there would be a special award for () scored more than 20 goals this season. 1.those 2. whoever 3.everyone 4. anyone I met an old friend by () while I was walking down the street. We decided to have lunch together. 1, happening 2. chance 3. opportunity 4. occasion I sent Sherry a gift by special () so it will be in time for her graudation. 1.mailing 2.portage 3.transfer 4. delivery Steve was so completely () that he didn't want to do anything but sleep. 1 worn out 2.turned out 3.put up 4.stepped up The airline offers some special advance-booking fares as an () to customers to make early reservations. 1.intervention 2.influence 3.incentive 4. increment At 75, my father is still very active and certainly does not think he is (). 1.down the line 2. around the corner. 3.over the hill 4. through the wood 長くなりましたが、お暇な方、回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数14

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

disparity = 格差 between the haves and have-nots.(お金や財産を)持っているものと持っていないもの格差に social discontent 社会的な不平・不満 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=attributed+to put it(the property) on the block http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=on+the+block 地所を競売にかける

ciel_soleil
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。すっきりしました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

In many countries, social discontent is attributed to the growing () between the haves and have-nots. 1. disparity Unable to continue paying taxes on the property, the family decided to put it (). 3. on the block knowing that they can save money, patients choose to go to doctors who prescribe () drugs rather than drugs with expensive brand names/ 3.generic As the author of more than 150 novels, Hughes was one of the most () writers of his time. 2.prolific Ever since her first lessons as a small child, Cathy has shown a natural () for ballet dancing. 2.expertise The police department () that the number of violent crimes will increase by about 5% this year. 1.estimates For thousands of years, humanity has sought to solve the question of life after death, but a definitive answer has always () us. 4. eluded The salesman says that this used car is in really goos shape. But I'm not sure if he's (). 1.over the top The soccer coach said there would be a special award for () scored more than 20 goals this season. 2. whoever I met an old friend by () while I was walking down the street. We decided to have lunch together. 2. chance I sent Sherry a gift by special () so it will be in time for her graudation. 4. delivery Steve was so completely () that he didn't want to do anything but sleep. 1 worn out The airline offers some special advance-booking fares as an () to customers to make early reservations. 3.incentive At 75, my father is still very active and certainly does not think he is (). 3.over the hill

ciel_soleil
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

ciel_soleil
質問者

補足

disparityを使う文とUnable to continue paying taxes on the property, the family decided to put it on the blockの意味を教えてください。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)Matters are (worse) this year than last year. 2)I would rather walk than (take) a taxi. 3)Mom,you should have (fewer sugar) if you want to lose weight. 4)This is the heaviest snowfall we (have ever had). 5)Tom is (more clever) than honest. 6)I prefer playing golf (than watching) golf. 7)Students today seem not to be (much) interested in politics as those of the 1960s. 8)The bracelet was expensive,but the necklace was (less than) expensive. 9)The park is double the size of our school ground. =The park is (twice) as (large) as our school ground. 10)He has as many as eight thousand comic books. =He has no (more) than eight thousand comic books. 11)Watching videos is not as much fun as going to the cinema. =Going to the cinema is (more) fun (than) watching videos. 英文が多くてすみません。 ()内の添削をお願いします。 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 穴埋めと解説お願いします。

1. The directions say to pull the wire gently; if it gets too () it may snap. 1.taut 2. askew 3.acute 4.slack 2.Our baby can't walk yet, but you'd be surprised how fast he can () across the room. 1.march 2.stroke 3. crawl 4. stroll 3. The salesman says that this used car is in really good shape. But I'm not sure if he's (). 1.over the top 2. on the level 3.in the bag 4.off the cuff 4.The pizza you made was a real (). It was really delicious 1.taste 2.treat 3. flavor 4.favor 5. My father has been using this fountain pen for more than twenty years,but it stll looks none the worse for (). 1.tear 2. care 3. spare 4.wear 6.Press reports from the war zone are being heavily () by military authorities . 1.secluded 2.censored 3.shrouded 4 covered

• 接続詞の穴埋め問題です。

言い換えがたくさんあるので困っています。11問とたくさんありますが、お願いします。 1 彼は国内外でよく知られています。   He is well known()at home()abroad. 2 私が関心があるのは車ではなく、その利用者のほうだ。   It is()cars()the users that I am concerned about. 3 私は彼女を病院に見舞うときにはいつも花をもっていきます。   ()I visit her at the hospital,I take some flowers.   ()()I visit her at the hospital,I take some flowers. 4 ヘレンケラーは目が不自由なだけでなく、耳も不自由だった。   Helen Kellor was()()blind()()deaf.   Helen Kellor was deaf()()()blind.   ()being blind,Helen Kellor was deaf. 5 チキンと魚、どちらかを選べますが、私はチキンをすすめます。   You can have()chicken()fish,but I would recommend the chicken. 6 これ以上の遅れは必要でもなければ望ましくもない。   Further delay is()necessary()desirable. 7 この問題は難しすぎて私にはとけない。   This problem is()difficult()()to solve.   This problem is()difficult()I cannot solve it.   this is()a problem()()to solve.   This is()a difficult problem()I cannot solve it. 8 彼は私をみるとすぐに顔色が変わり逃げ去った。   ()seeing me,he grew pale and ran away.   ()()()he saw me,he grew pale and ran away.   ()()he saw me,he grew pale and ran away.   ()()had he seen me than he grew pale and ran away.   ()had he seen me before he grew pale and ran away. 9 彼は賢いけれども、なかなか自分の意見を言わない。   ()he is clever,he is backward in giving his view.   Clever()he is backward in giving his view.   ()all his(),he is backward in giving his view.   ()()of his(),he is backward in giving his view. 10 私の知る限りでは、これが空港への一番の近道です。   To the best of my(),this is the shortest way to the airport.   As()as know,this is the shortest way to the airport. 11 どんなに一生懸命やってみても、彼はその問題を解くことができなかった。   ()hard the tried,he couldn´t solve the problem.   Try hard()he might,he couldn´t solve the problem.

• 次の英文を日本語訳していただきたいです。

I'd like to talk about my country. I'm surprised to learn that he was born in Australia. I like him as a friend , but not as aleader. She goes swimming every day to be in good shape. The writer has his own special way of writing. よろしくおねがいします。

• 同音異義語問題の解答を教えて下さい(高校受験)

(1)Everyone(    ) that the earth is round. The (    )on your face is used for smelling. (2)It rained the(    ) day. In the game of golf ,one has to get a ball into a (    )in the ground. (3)He bought a (    )of shoes at that store. I enjoyed eating a delicious(    ). (4)Ten years have (    )since she died. In the(    ) ,houses were built of stone.

• 英語堪能な方、英文を日本語に翻訳お願いします

英語堪能な方にお願いします。m(_ _)m 大変長文で申し訳ありませんが、 以下の英語を日本語に翻訳を、どうぞ宜しくお願いします。m(_ _)m WELLMIT WAS SO MANY GOOD PITCHER WHEN I WAS THERE THAT I THOUGHT COULD HAVE PITCH IN THE MAJOR LEAGUE AND I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL THE ONE THAT COME TO MIND IS KAKU OF THE SEIBU LIONS HE HAD GREAT CONTROL HE HAD SEVERAL DIFFERENT PITCHES HE COULD THROW FOR STRIKE HE HAD A GREAT ARM OUTSTANDING FASTBALL HE LOCATION WAS GREAT I THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE GOOD IN THE MAJOR LEAGUE BUT THERE WAS SO MANY NOW JUST THE PACIFIC LEAGUE BUT IN THE CENTRAL LEAGUE AS WELL HE IS THE ONE THAT COME TO MIND WHEN I THINK OF I KNOW WATANABE COULD HAVE PITCH THERE AS WELL.

• 英語の穴埋め

空欄に最も適切な記号を入れてください Some wanted to go camping ; ( ) wanted to go swimming. 1.their 2.others 3.another 4.other Are you accustomed ( ) heat , or does it make you tired? 1.at 2.of 3.with 4.to We found only a ( ) number of customers in the department store. 1.small 2.few 3.little 4.less His eyes are just like ( ) of a pigeon. 1.that 2.ones 3.it 4.those A speech contest will take ( ) tomorrow. 1.a chance 2.a part 3.place 4.site It's time you ( ) to bed. 1.went 2.gone 3.should 4.to go My uncle died ( ) cancer two years ago. 1.of 2.for 3.by 4.out ( ) to come to the office an hour earlier than usual tomorrow? 1.Are you possible 2.Is it able for you 3.Is it capable for you 4.Is it possible for you 空欄に適語を入れてください 1.誤りがあれば訂正してください Correct errors, ( ) ( ). 2.この仕事を終えれば,海外旅行をするつもりです I am going to travel abroad when I ( ) done ( ) this work. 3.フランス語にかけては彼女はクラスの誰にも劣らない In French she is second ( ) ( ) in the class. 4.彼にはよくあることだが,宿題を忘れた ( ) is often the ( ) with him, he forgot his homework. 5.彼は外国人なので,外国人として扱われた He was a foreigner and was treated ( ) ( ). よろしくお願いします。

• 回答なく困っております!

回答なく困っております! テストがあるのでお願いします! A. He wants to buy a computer that has at ——— a 100 petabyte hard-disk. 1. least. 2. mostly. 3. well. 4. all B. Please call us if you ——— read that manual before running this software program. 1. will not. 2. have not. 3. had not. 3. are not. C. When ——— the three types of ray? 1. he discover 2. has he discovered 3. did he discovered. 4. he has discovered D. The spec says that the steel should not contain ——— 0.1% of the substance 1. more. 2. more than. 3. less. 4. not less than E. Our company will be ——— productive by using robots. 1. twice as. 2. two more. 3. twice more. 4. another F. I ———— working as a technician in the company for more than five years. 1. do. 2. am. 3. will be. 4. have been. G. He is the most capable team leader I ————. 1. have ever know. 2. ever know. 3. may know. 4. will know H. This motor bike is very fast and powerful, but it is ———— expensive than any other. 1. as. 2. more. 3. much. 4. a lot. I. The number of the computer programmers ———rapidly in the past 20 years. 1. increase. 2. Is increasing. 3. has increased 4. will increase J. Art is ——— important as technology, math and science. 1. just as. 2. such as. 3. even more. 4. the same.

• よろしくお願いします

So my husband has a collection that he has been working on for 20 years. He’s put a lot time, energy, and love into it. But now he wants to sell off some of the less expensive pieces that he doesn’t care as much about, to make room for others he wants to buy. So he’s spent the last few weeks going through and putting aside pieces he still loves, and packing up the ones he wants to sell. A good friend of his, also a collector, who he’s known for decades, has offered $7,000 for the batch. I know for a fact that these pieces cost a hell of a lot more than that. I’ve said as much, but he just wants it out. the batchは「彼のコレクションのひと束」ということでしょうか?あと、I’ve said as much, but he just wants it out.の和訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします