• 締切済み

穴埋め問題「自分でやる」

"Why can't you do it yourself? " Ben's mother asked. "Your brother used to do his school work [ A ] without my help." A の答えは alone だったのですが、himself では誤りでしょうか。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

noname#191458
noname#191458
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

ここに入れる単語は「たった独りで、自分だけで、」という意味にならなければなりません。 ですからby himselfならばOKです。大事なのは、「彼以外の誰かと一緒にやるのではない」ということを明確にすることで、by himselfもaloneも「彼だけ」ということが強調されます。himselfだけでは私は手伝わないが、彼が独りだけでやるかどうかもはっきりと強調されてはいないのです。

noname#191458
質問者

補足

He did it himself. 彼は自分でやった。 He did it by himself. 彼は自分だけでやった。 He did all by himself. 彼は全部自分でやった。 強調の度合いが強くなるのはわかります。 "Why can't you do it yourself? " で正しいならば "Your brother used to do his school work [ A ] without my help." →He(brother) did it(his work) himself.でも問題ないように思うのですが、「alone」が正解でした。 「alone」の代わりに「by himself, all by himself] としても文法・文脈として間違いではないということでしょうか。

回答No.1

by がないからですかね。 myselfは「私がやる」であり,by myselfは「私がひとりでやる」といった感じに。 こちらを参照してみてください。 http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1123222286

noname#191458
質問者

補足

He did it himself. 彼は自分でやった。 He did it by himself. 彼は自分だけでやった。 He did all by himself. 彼は全部自分でやった。 強調の度合いが強くなるのはわかります。 "Why can't you do it yourself? " で正しいならば "Your brother used to do his school work [ A ] without my help." →He(brother) did it(his work) himself.でも問題ないように思うのですが、「alone」が正解でした。 「alone」の代わりに「himself, by himself, all by himself] としても文法・文脈として間違いではないということでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の穴埋め問題!!

以下の問題について全くわからないのですが、どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか?こういう構文の問題は暗記なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 1.I was caught ( 1 ) a shower ( 2 ) my way home. 2.She is ( 1 ) poor health after working ( 2 ) three years without a break . 3.Our school building is now ( ) construction. 4.When he heard the news, he burst( ) tears. 5.No one can make ( ) what he is planning to do. 6.Sooner or ( ) we have to buy a new computer. 7.I'm sorry he si on another line. ( ) on,please. 8.Our success ( )whether you will help us or not. 9.I'm staying at this hotel for a ( ) of day. 10.My brother majored ( ) German at a university.

• 英語の穴埋め5問です。お願いします。

1 ジョンはメアリーに結婚を申し込んだ。   John(   )a proposal of marriage to Mary. 2 彼女はドアをそっと押した。   She(   )the door a gemtle push. 3 彼はその湖がどれくらい深いかを私に尋ねた。   He asked me the(   )of the lake. 4 彼がパーティーに遅れて着いたのでみんなが驚いた。   He late(   )at the party surprised anyone. 5 私たちは彼が学校を欠席しているのを知らなかった。   We were not aware of his(   )from school.

• 英語の対話文の問題

次の対話文の空所に入れる文として適当なものはどれですか? A: How far is your house from the school? B: It’s only 100 meters. But I walk to school for half an hour every day. A: ( ) B: There is a big river between my house and the school. I must walk a long way to the bridge. (1)Why does it take so long? (2)Why do you walk to school? (3)Where are you from? (4)Where do you live now?

• 英語 問題

英語 問題 お願いします! 空所に適当な選択肢の語句を入れてください! 1.Her parents didn't () her to go to America. (1)admit (2)allow (3)forgive (4)let 2.I asked her () a letter on her way to school. (1)mailing (2)mailed (3)mails (4)to mail 3.The salesman persuaded () the expensive automobile. (1)me buying (2)me to buy (3)buying me (4)to buy me 語句を並べ替えて正しい英文を作ってください! 4.In spite of many difficulties, (efforts/ to complete/ enabled/ our/ us)the job. 5.彼が約束を破ったのはなぜだと思いますか。〈1語不要〉 (why/ caused/ think/ him/ what/ do/ you/ to)break his promise? 以上の5問です! よろしくお願いします

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)A needle and thread (were) found in the kitchen yesterday. 2)"Whose things are these?" "They (owned by) my parents." 3)Let's go ahead and doit. Nothing (has gained) by just waiting. 4)It can't be (help). We'll just have to manage without her. 5)More than ten years have (passed) since Audrey Hepburn died. 6)You must go home before it (get) dark. 7)The typhoon has (done) great damage to the crops. 8)Do you know what has(became) of the singer? ()内の添削をお願いします。 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語問題8問を教えてください。

英語問題8問を教えてください。 I.次の英文の意味が同じようになるようにしなさい。 (1)Having no money with me ,I can't see the movies. I have no ( )( )see the movies. (2)He put on his overcoat ,and he went off. ( )( )on his overcoat ,and he went off. (3)Not finding any work,he walked about the city streets. ( ) he ( )find any work,he walked about the city streets. (4)As the little girl was left behind ,she began to weep. ( ) behind ,the little girl began to weep. (5)Weather permitting,we will go on a picnic. ( )it is ( ), will go on a picnic. II.文法的な誤りを訂正しなさい。 (6)Seeing from a distance,it looked like a human face. (7)Being a fine day,I went for a walk. (8)Knowing not where the station was ,I asked a woman the way. 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

以下の文章の訳をお願いします。 Ah! Damn! Jun fell out of his wheelchair into the grass today, and couldn't get himself back up. Darling, can't we do anything to cure his legs? I've asked all around about it, honey. They say physical therapy, exercise, or spa, are about all you could do to fight muscular dystrophy. It takes time. We've tired them all, haven't we? We tired injections, too. But he is not improving at all. Doctors say the causes of muscular dystrophy are not really known yet. No, I can't accept it, no way. No hope for recovery? No.

• 英語の問題の答えを教えてください。【大至急】

1.All students will go to school.(AllをEveryにして現在時制で書き直す) 2.All of them were absent from school.(AllをEachにして正しく書き直す) 3.He is good at playing the piano. =He ( ) a good ( ) 4.How many books does your library have? =how many books ( ) ( ) in your library? 5.Please close the door, Jim. =( ) ( ) close the door, Jim? 6.The news cannot be true. =The news ( ) ( ) false. 7.My little brother could not open the bottle. =My little brother ( ) ( ) to open the bottle. 8.You don't have to go there. =You ( ) not go there. 9.It snowed a lot last night. =We ( ) a lot of ( ) last night. 10.The woman made a bicycle trip alone. =The woman ( ) alone ( ) bicycle. 以上です。 よろしくお願いします。

• [英語]並び替え問題を教えて下さい><

1. 彼は学生時代、勉強をおろそかにしたことを後悔している。 He (of/neglected/in/having/repents/studies/his) his school days. 2. 彼女の説明が説得力のあるものだったので、われわれとしては彼女を信じるしかなかった。 Her explanation (believe/but/convincing/could/not/so/that/was/we) her. 3. 以前は畑だったところに、家が次々と建てられている。 Houses (on/be/being/built/are/used/to/what/) fields. 4. 彼女の誕生日のお祝いは土曜日に催される予定だった。 Her (be/birthday/to/Saturday/held/on/celebration/was). 5. He (have/the/cannot/of/been/facts/ignorant). 6. Why should (an/given/he/him/obey/order) by a perfect stranger? 7. They are very kind to me. They (their/as/I/own/me/son/if/were/treat).

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)Almost half of the students (come/○comes/is to come/has come) to school by bus. 2)"I want to take a cooking class at your school. How much do you (change/○cost/take/pay)?" "The fee is 10000 yen for three lessons." 3)Give this letter to Miho when she (come/○came/comes/will come) here. 4)In recent years,scientists (draw/drawn/are drawn/○have drawn) a new picture of the universe. 5)Ichiro (said/advised/○suggested/talked) to Maya that she write to Mary again. 6)It was completely dark,so I couldn't (○look/hear/touch/tell) who was who. 7)Our school (found/was found/has been founded/○was founded) one hundred years ago. 8)Your face (○remembers/reminds/recalls/recollects) me of your mother's. 9)(Put/Give/○Make/Help) yourself to any dishes on the table. 10)Do you know when David (go/○will go/is gone/has gone) back to the United States next time? ()内の選択肢から1つ選ぶ問題で自分で考えた答えの前に○をしました。 添削や和訳・解説よろしくお願いします。