• ベストアンサー

至急!この英文を訳してほしいです。

These words repeated themselves until her saving detachment was gone every bit and she was filled on ce again in her life with the furiously helpless この英文なんですが、このように訳してみました。 彼女の節約剥離がすべてのビットを消えていたし、彼女は猛烈に無力と彼女の生活の中で再びいっぱいになるまでこれらの言葉は自分自身を繰り返した 直訳なので、とても不自然な日本語になっています。 どこかおかしいところがあれば、添削お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

こうした言葉が繰り返されて、とうとう頼みの無関心のままではいられなくなり、彼女はもう一度、極端に救いようのない~でその人生が満たされたのだった。 お示しの文は途中で切れています。helplessは形容詞なので、その先に名詞がある筈です。その名詞を~で表現しておきました。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• <大至急> 英文の翻訳

下記の英文の翻訳をお願いします。 Recently,after 55 years of marriage, I lost my loving wife. I lost my sweetheart, my gourmet cook, my nurse and my best friend. In the 55 years we were married, I sent her grave twice a week. I kiss her picture every morning and tell her how much I love her. Before she went away, my morning greeting was, "Is the coffee ready?" Somewhere I read the following: "Carve not upon a stone the dirgeful words the mourners say at graveside, rather tell me while I live." I wish I had another chance. No one has "another chance," but because you took the time to put your thoughts on paper, somewhere just one thoughtless husband may see himself and show his young wife by word and deed how much he loves her. The "chance" you missed is still available to countless young men - and women, too. Thank you for a priceless reminder.

• この英文の意味を教えてはいただけないでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 下記に挙げます英文の意味が分からず、困り果てております。 シーンは、主人公の女友達が主人公の忠告でMartin氏の求婚を断り、 Martin氏の友達が憤慨している場面です。 Until she met you, she thought of nothing better for herself, but you have filled her head with ideas of high society and of how beautiful she is.She was happy enough with the Martins in the summer. 「She was happy enough with the Martins in the summer.」の意味が全くつかむことができません。 enough with the Martins in the summer.とは、どのような意味なのでしょうか? the Martinsとは、マルティン一族ぐらいの訳でいいのでしょうか? でも、だとするとなぜ、後ろにin the summerが付くのでしょうか? 場面は現在夏ですが、それと関係するのでしょうか? また、enough withの意味が分かりません。 どなたか、教えてはいただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願い申し上げます

• 英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)I had a sister who had diabetes. She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective genes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and world be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of sugar in her blood. Each day she would measure her sugar level and then inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado College. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to- be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced--- a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye ---except I did not know it. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with insulin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cadiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adamant. She had tried going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea, along with the rest of my famiy,remainedin California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of children. I settled on the two opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York.

• !至急!和訳お願いします!!!

長文ですが、この文章を和訳していただけないでしょうか? Maybe Paulie's mother was right. On my second Open School Day she told me I was a cheat. She was proud of her Paulie, future electrician, nice kid who planned to start his own business one day. He wanted to marry a nice girl, have a family, and stay out of trouble. I was angry with her. But, at the back of my head a little voice filled me with doubt. Maybe I was a cheat. Maybe I wasn't a good teacher. "I ask my kid about his day in school, and he tells me about stories of Ireland and you coming to New York. Stories, stories, stories. You know what you are? A cheat. And I'm saying that kindly, trying to help." I wanted to be a good teacher. I wanted to fill my students’ heads with spelling and vocabulary. I wanted to help them have a better file, but I didn’t know how. The mother said she was Irish, married to an Italian, and could see all my secrets. She knew my game. When I told her I agreed with her she said,”Ooh, you agree with me? You actually know you’re cheat?” “I’m just trying to do my best. They ask me questions about my life and I answer them. They don’t listen when I try to teach English. They look out the window. They sleep. They eat sandwiches. They want the bathroom.” “Why don’t you teach them what they need to learn―spelling and big words? What will my son, Paulie, do when he goes out into the big world and he can’t use big words?” I told Paulie’s mother that I hoped to be a good teacher one day, confident in the classroom. But until then, I was going to continue trying. I don’t know why, but that made her emotional. She started crying and looked in her handbag for a handkerchief. I offered her mine, but she shook her head and asked,”Who does your washing? That’s the saddest-looking gray handkerchief I’ve ever seen in my life. Your shoes, too. I’ve never seen such sad shoes. No woman would ever let you buy shoes like them. It’s easy to see you’ve never been married.” She brushed the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand. “Do you think my Paulie can spell handkerchief?” “I don’t think so. It’s not on the list.” “Do you see what I mean? You people have no idea. You don’t have handkerchief on the list, but he’ll need handkerchiefs all his life. Every day Paulie comes home telling us these stories and we don’t need to hear them. We’ve got our own troubles. It’s easy to see that you’re new in this country . . .” “No, I’m not new this country. I was born in here. I was in the army here. I worked on the docks. I graduated from New York University.” “See?” She said,” That’s what I mean. I ask you a simple question and you give me the story of your life. Be careful, Mr.McCourd. These kids don’t need to know the life story of every teacher in the school. Just give them spelling and words. Mr.McCourd and the parents of this school will thank you forever. Forget the storytelling. If we want stories, we’ve got a TV Guide as home.” よろしくお願いします。

• ギリシャ神話の英文です。訳がわかりません。回答お願いします。

And while she lay fearful and expectant, she felt a gentle hand brush back the hair from her brow,and a gentle voice whis-pered words of love into her ear. If this was a monster,he was like none she had ever heard of! She longed for daylight so that she might behold this mysterious husband who spoke so lovingly to her. But when dawn came over the casement and Psyche rose expectantly from her pillow,no husbdand did she see. Again she was quite alone. Again she was quite alone. The Sister's Visit Now the day sped happily for Psyche. The castle and its grounds were hers to enjoy,while invisible servants fulfilled her every wish. And each night her husband came to her and each dawn vanished. she had yet to lay eyes on him. But as usually happens when one's every wish is ful-filled,Psyche began to be bored. Besides,she was lonely. She longed to see her sisters. Perhaps she wanted them to know that the dreadful fate ordered for her had not bee fulfilled,thus relieving their hearts of sorrow and anxiety. Perhaps,too,she longed to have them know the amazing luxury she now enjoyed,riches beyond any of their dreams. One night she spoke of her longing to her husband. "Dear one," he said, "can you not be content as we are? How will it add to your happiness to have you sisters come here? I swear their visit will only bring us distress,for they will envy you what you have since it is so much more they can boast of." But Psyche begged,and at last her husband gave in. "Very well,"he said in a voice full of sorrow. "I will have Zephyr waft them here for a day's visit. But I warn you,do not let them talk you into trying to find out who I am. Only great misfortune will come to you try to look upon me," Psyche promised,and the next day her sisters came. Like any proud bride showing off her new home for the first time,Psyche conducted her sisters through the castle.

• 大至急!英文の訳をお願いします。

It is often said that there is no love like a mother’s love. Once in a while, however, there are cases in which a man comes to love his mother a little too much. They can become fixated on them, or too attached to them. They have difficulty separating themselves from the woman who brought them into the world and raised them. You might be surprised to find that history has no shortage of famous men who had a mother complex. The effect of this complex differs from person to person as well.  J .M. Barrie wrote the wonderful story Peter Pan, which has become one of the best-loved children’s books of all time. In the book, there is a place called Never-Never Land, a place where children never grow up. Tn real life “Jamie” would dress in his dead brother’s clothes and spend long hours in the dark with his mother, consoling her over the death of his brother and her son. Some say this is the reason he did not grow much from his teenage years on. In other words, he stopped growing. Later, in adulthood, this short man wrote memoirs about his mother that shocked people all over England. He was clearly a man who adored his mother.  Houdini was one of the greatest magicians ever. His specialty was breaking out of dark places from which there was no escape. Some psychologists think that Houdini was really trying to experience childbirth over and over again. This is the reason that he put himself into dark, dangerous places from which he had to break out into the world of light. It was similar to a baby’s body coming out into the world.  After his mother passed away, Houdini went from psychic to psychic because he hoped to find someone who could put him in touch with her. Some saw him spend hours lying on his mother’s grave, talking toward the ground. Apparently, he was unsuccessful at communicating with his mother, though he did succeed in creating a greater distance between his wife and himself.  Yukio Mishima, the renowned Japanese writer, spent his childhood as the object of a tug-of-war. His grandmother, a tough woman who emphasized discipline and manners, and his mother, an emotional and outgoing woman, battled to influence young Yukio. His grandmother passed away while he was a teenager, but taught him to function smoothly in the world. Consequently, he spent most of his time with his mother, whom he adored. After his death, his mother supposedly said, “At last, my lover has returned to me.”  Mishima presented himself as a tough, disciplined, “manly” man, while in private, he kept male lovers in a passionate, emotional world. He was clearly a man of two worlds. Did this have something to do with his complex over his mother?  The effect of a mother complex on an individual can differ from person to person. Though the cause was the same for all of these three men, the results were very different. Too much of a good thing can be bad for us. Eating too many sweets, for example, leads to decayed teeth, weight problems, and more. By the same token, a mother’s love is special, but too much of it can be unhealthy. 訳せずに困っています。 大至急お願いします。 質問の内容を書いてください

• 英文翻訳お願いします。

下記の日本語訳の手助けをお願い致します。 ある回答者が質問者への回答の中で参考資料として提示された英文なのですが、それを理解出来ません。ご教授願います。 These meetings, more or less centered on figuring out what the idea of utopia was all about, were the best discussions I ever had at Harvard. They would begin tennish every Wednesday and last to the wee hours of the morning. We were not beyond including course material or reading out loud from books, nor were we beyond moaning about relationships gone sour, or abandoning words altogether to play chess 意訳ですが 多少なりともユートピアの概念とは何かと言うような問題に焦点を合わせた会合はハーバードの生活の中では最良の討論でした。彼らはいつも水曜日には「tennish」を始め真夜中まで続けたものでした。 疑問-1: 「tennish」Web辞書でOxford, Cambridge, American Heritageを調べたのですが見つかりません。 テニスの古語かと思ったのですが、古語なら古語で辞書にあると思うのですが。 疑問-2: We were not beyond including.......words altogether to play chessの訳に全く刃が立ちません。 特に「including course material」と「abandoning words altogether」の訳しかたが分かりません。 宜しくお願い致します。(出来れば全文訳をお願い致します) 元々の質問は下記です。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=1146544

• 英文と和訳があるのですが和訳は正しいですか?

A generation ago, a woman who had reached the age of 25 without marrying was said to be like Christmas cake on December 25th. In other words, she was already past her best time for marrying. Those days have long disappeared. Now the average age of marriage for a Japanese woman is about 28 years old. However, the image that a woman must get married in order to be fully accepted into society still remains. This thinking probably comes from a time in the past when the goal of almost every woman was to get married and have children. 和訳 一昔前の日本では、25を過ぎても結婚しない女性は12月25日のクリスマスケーキと言われていました。言い換えれば、その人は結婚適齢期を過ぎてしまったということだったのです。そんな時代はとっくになくなりました。今では日本人女性が結婚する平均年齢は28歳になっています。 しかしながら、社会に完全に受け入れられる為には女性は結婚すべきであるとのイメージはいまだに残っています。この考え方はおそらく、ほとんどすべての女性にとってのゴールとは結婚して子供をもつことだという過去の時代からのものです。

• どんな内容か教えてください。お願いします!

He was used to her being silent. But this silence went on and on and on. She was just staring into the garden. After a time,she said,in her precise conversational tone, "The only thing I want,the only thing I want at all in this world,is to see that boy." She stared at the garden and he stared with her,until the grass began to dance with empty light,and the edges of the shrubbery wavered. For a brief moment he shared the strain of not seeing the boy.Then she gave a little sigh,sat down,neatly as always,and passed out at his feet. After this she became,for her,voluble. He didn't move her after she fainted,but sat patiently by her,until she stirred and sat up;then he fetched her some water,and would have gone away,but she talked.

• この英文を訳してください!

Am I to be blamed? This is a moving piece about a young girl arrested for stealing. She pleads her case to the police officers and tell her life story. They're chasing me, they're chasing me, no they must not catch me, I have enough money now, yes enough for my starving mother and brothers. Please let me go, let me home before you imprison me. Very well, officers? Take me to your headquarters. Good morning captain! no captain, you are mistaken, I was once a good girl, just like the rest of you here. Just like any of your daughters. But time was, when I was reared in slums. But we lived honestly, we lived honestly in life. My father mother, brothers, sisters, and I. But then, poverty entered the portals of our home. My father became jobless, my mother got ill. The small savings that my mother had kept for our expenses were spent. All for our daily need and her needed medicine. One night, my father went out, telling us that he would come back in a few minutes with plenty of food and money, but that was the last time I saw him. He went with another woman. If only I could lay my hands on his neck I would wring it without pain until he breathes no more. If you were in my place, you'll do it, wouldn't you Captain? What? You won't still believe in me? Come and I'll show you a dilapidated shanty by a railroad. Mother, mother I'm home. Mother? Mother?! There Captain, see my dead mother. Captain? There are tears in your eyes? Now pack this stolen money and return it to the owner. What good would this do to my mother now? She's already gone! Do you hear me? she's already gone. Am I to be blamed for the things I have done? よろしくお願いいたします。