和訳添削&構文解説をよろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問文章の和訳添削と構文解説をお願いします。
  • 質問文章全体の要約文として、「The latter is often held to be the best form of relationship to be had with a character」という文は「登場人物と持つ最も良い関係の形としてしばしば評価される」と表現されます。また、「I try to treat my own immediate perceptions as being of no more value than those of others」という文は「自分の直感を他人のものと同じくらい価値がないものとして扱おうと試みる」という意味です。さらに、「Our job must now be to describe how empathy, sympathy or objectivity is scripted to happen」という文は「私たちの仕事は、共感、同情、客観性がどのように起こるかを説明することです」と言い換えられます。
  • 質問者は英語の舞台脚本に関する書籍を読んでいます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳添削&構文解説をよろしくお願いします

The latter is often held to be the best form of relationship to be had with a character. 【訳】 その言葉は、その登場人物が持たれる最も良い形の関係にしばしばくっつけられる。 ※to be had with a characterの部分の訳が分かりません。 I try to treat my own immediate perceptions as being of no more value than those of others. 【訳】 私は、他の人のより価値のない物としての即時の理解(洞察)よりも、わたし自身のものを取り扱おうと試みる。 ※thoseはimmediate perceptions as beingで、othersの後はno more valueの省略でしょうか。 Our job must now be to describe how empathy, sympathy or objectivity is scripted to happen. 今では、私たちの仕事は、いかに同情、共感な客観性が起こるために原稿を書くものと描写されなければいけない。 ※must be to describeの部分は、must be describedの言い換えのようなものでしょうか。 must be to 動詞という表現の文法が分かりません。 間違い? 舞台脚本に関する英語書籍をよんでいます 。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

The latter is often held to be the best form of relationship to be had with a character. the latter はもちろん,「後者」で,前者と後者がそれぞれ何らかの言葉を表すのであれば, 「その言葉」でもいいかもしれません。 hold はこの場合,「考える」の意味で,hold O to be C「O を C だとみなす」の受身です。 「後者は~だとみなされる」 have something to do with ~で「~と(何らかの)関係がある」ですが, この something の部分が「関係」という relationship であり, これに対して,不定詞の形容詞的用法として,受身の不定詞がかかっています。 「キャラクターとの間に見られる関係の最高の形だとしばしばみなされる」 I try to treat my own immediate perceptions as being of no more value than those of others. those of others とは my ... perceptions に対して,the perceptions of others です。 それに,no more A than B「B でないのと同様に A でない」というおなじみの構文。 私は,他の人の直観を価値のないものとして扱うのと同様,自分の直観も価値のないものとして扱おうとする。 Our job must now be to describe how empathy, sympathy or objectivity is scripted to happen. be to 原形は,単純な「~することです」,be to 構文として「予定・義務」などを表す用法の他, 「~するためにある」があります。 ここは単純に「仕事は~することであらなければならない」 あるいは「~するためにあらなければならない」 いわゆる,be to 構文では文の主語が,to 以下の主語と一致することになりますが, 他の2つであれば,describe の主語は job ではなく,「私たち」となります。 私たちの仕事は,いかにして,同情や共感や客観性が起こるように筋道を決められるかを表すことでなければならない。

hetaeigo1989
質問者

お礼

いつも、ありがとうございます。 助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳について

下記の和訳についてアドバイスをお願いします。 Plastic parts of any weight must be of one polymer or compatible polymers,except for large cases, which must be of no more than two types of polymer that are separable. be ofをどのように訳したら、自然になるのか、わかりません。

• 和訳問題

For others it is the anxiety or the threat of being found out that creates a keen desire to be honest in order to escape the consequences. 「他社にとって、その成り行きから逃れるための熱心な熱望に気づかれるので、それは不安や脅威なのである。」 と訳してみたのですが、 ひょっとしてこの訳では点数もらえない訳になってしまってるんでしょうか・・。そんな気がしてならないのですが (for othersが何かの動詞の意味上の主語、だとか)

• 和訳の添削をお願いします。

自分の日本語訳を読んで理解できず、合っているのか不安です。 間違っている箇所や不自然な点があればご指摘よろしくお願いします。 The rise in the general price index will tend to reduce the real income of those with fixed incomes, but if overall income is unchanged then those with variable incomes will have gained. It tends to be the case that the group on fixed incomes are the poor who have a high propensity to absorb, while those on variable incomes are better off and have a lower propensity to absorb. To the extent that income is redistributed from those with fixed incomes to those with variable incomes, this income redistribution effect will tend to reduce direct absorption. 一般的な物価指数の上昇は固定された収入でそれらの実収入を減らす傾向があります、しかし、全体的な収入が不変であるならば、可変的な収入によるそれらは利益を得ます。固定された収入のグループは高い吸収性向を持つ貧しい人で、一方、可変的な収入だと低い吸収性向場合であるという傾向があります。可変的な収入から固定された収入を持つ人まで再分配すると、この収入再分配効果は直接吸収を減らす傾向があります。

• 英文の添削&解説をお願いします!

1)Mary is studying, so you (not/her/had/interrupt/better). →had not better interrupt her 2)(be/lot/used/of/there/a/to) fireflies in Japan. →There used to be a lot of 3)She refused to accept this truth. She could not and [would] not believe that I was mentally and physically handicapped. 1,[Would] you so kindly lend me a hand? 2,He said he [would] arrive by the first train tomorrow morning. 3.No matter how hard we pushed, the door [would] not open. 4,On Sundays he [would] sit for hours doing nothing. 4)I do hope I'm not intruding and I know how busy you [must] be. 1,All living things [must] die. 2,He [must] be tired, because he has been working since eight o'clock this morning. 3,Many people think the ability to understand English is a [must]. 4.You [must] be very careful in driving a car to avoid a traffic accident. 1,2は()内の並べ替え、3,4は[ ]内の助動詞に最も近い意味の助動詞を含む英文を選ぶ問題です。 特に3,4はわかりやすく解説してくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします;;

It is the use we make of the powers entrusted to us, which constitutes our only just claim to respect. He who employs his one talent aright is as much to be honored as he to whom ten talents have been given. There is really no more personal merit attaching to the possession of superior intellectual powers than there is in the succession to a large estate. How are those powers used how is that estate employed? The mind may accumulate large stores of knowledge without any useful purpose; but the knowledge must be allied to goodness and wisdom, and embodied in upright character, otherwise it is naught. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳の添削をお願いします。

和訳の添削をお願いします。 経済学の内容のため、うまく訳せず困っています。 日本語として不自然な部分や間違った訳し方をしている箇所があれば訂正をお願いします。 本文) 1. There must be perceived differences in risks between domestic and foreign bonds the essence of a risky asset being that its expected real rate of return is uncertain. Either domestic bonds are viewed as relatively risky compared to foreign bonds, or vice-versa. If the two bonds were equally risky then with perfect capital mobility they must be perfect substitutes. 2. There has to be risk-aversion on the part of economic agents to the perceived differences in risk-the principle of risk-aversion is that investors will only be prepared to take on increased risk if there is a sufficient increase in expected real returns to compensate. If investors were not risk-averse then they would not expect a higher return on relatively risky bonds. 訳) 1、危険資産の本質が予測される実質収益率が不明確であるという点にあるので、国内外の債券の間のリスクの差を理解しなければなりません。外債またはその逆と比較して比較的危険であるように、どちらの国内の債券でも見られます。2つの債券が等しく危険であるならば、完全に流動的で、これらは完全な代替品であるにちがいありません。 2、危険を避けようとする経済主体が、リスクの違いを受け入れなければなりません。リスク回避の原則は、期待される本当の収益の十分な増加が補償するためにあるならば、投資家が増加したリスクを引き受ける用意ができているだけであるということです。投資家がリスクを避けようとしないならば、彼らは比較的危険な債券のより高い収益に期待しないでしょう。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

When first I was brought into contact with the West what most immediately impressed me was the character and range of your intelligence. I found that you had brought your mind to bear, with rare success, upon problems which had not even occurred to us in the East; that by analysis and experiment you had found the clue to the operation of the forces of Nature, and had turned them to account in ways shich, to my untraveled imagination, appeared to be little short of miraculous. 構文分析よろしくお願い致します。 できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです。

• 和訳添削お願いします。

和訳の訂正など宜しくお願いします。 I would memorize passages I particularly liked and recite them to friends, even those who knew not a word of Japanese, being convinces that the beauty would be apparent from the sounds alone. ・私は特に好きな通説を暗唱して、そして日本語を一語も知らない友達に対してさえも、誇らしく物語りたい、その美は音からだけでも明らかになろうと確信しておったからなのです。(もはやぐちゃぐちゃ…) I learned at this time that the Chinese Government(the present government of Taiwan) was offering fellowships to Americans who had served in China during the war and who intended to pursue a career related in some way to China. ・私はこの頃、中国政府(現在の台湾政府)が戦争中に中国で軍部について、中国に何らかの関係を持つ仕事を追求する意図があるアメリカ人に、奨学金を提供していることを知った。 This too stemmed from the traditions of studying Latin and Greek in England, but surely it was expecting too much of students who had received so little exposure to any from of the Japanese language. ・これはまた、イングランドにおけるラテン語やギリシャ語を勉強する伝統から生じたものであったのですが、日本語のいかなる形態にもほとんど接触することがなかった学生たちに、それはあまりにも多くのことを求めていたのであります。 以上、宜しくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 和訳お願い致します。

It would have been well if theologians had made up their minds to accept frankly the principle that those things for the eiscovery of which man has faculties specially provided are not fit objects of a divine revelation. Had this been unhesitangly done, either the definition and idea of divine revelation must have been modified and the possibly of an admixture of error[must] have been allowed,or such parts of the Hebrew writings as were found to be repugnant to fact must have been pronounced to form no part of revelation. The first course is that which theologians have most generally adopted,but [it is adopted] with such limitation,cautels those who would know how and what God really has taught mankind, and whether anything beyond that which man is able,and obviously intended,to arrive at by the use of his natural faculties.

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 One theory was that it was a matter of convenience-mothers need their right hand free to feed the baby.Others thought it had something to do with the greater sensitivity of the left breast.