• ベストアンサー

でる順パス単準1級0567

以下の例文中の“ever”は無くてもいいような気がするのですが、どんな意味でしょうか。 あるいは決まった言い回しなのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 After two years in prison, he abandoned all hope of ever being released. 「彼は刑務所で2年間過ごすと、いつかは釈放されるという一切の望みを捨てた。」

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

★以下の例文中の“ever”は無くてもいいような気がするのですが →その通り、なくても文意は通じます。 ★どんな意味でしょうか。 →everは、どんな時でもいいからーーという意味を持っています。病気になっても、政変があって恩赦があっても、裁判のやり直しがあってもーーどんな時でもいいからーーという意味があります。これがあることで、釈放される望みは、どんな時を想定しても、もなくなったーーということになります。 ご参考までにーー He hasn't ever spoken to me. 彼はどんな時にも私に話しかけたことはない。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

hackett
質問者

お礼

すばやいご回答ありがとうございました。 細かく考えると判然としない部分が多く、困っているところです。 助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 「○歳になりました」を英語で

He turned two last month. 彼は先月2歳になりました。 という例文からの「turned」。なぜ「turned」ですか?(?_?;) これをIに変えて、 I turned two years old.(私は2歳になりました) と、なるのでしょうか???ご教授下さいませ。m(_ _)m

• beingの文法的役割について

お願いします、文法初学者です 以下文章のbeingは文法的にどういう役割なのでしょうか どなたか教えていただけると助かります He reverted to eating meat after being a vegetarian for 20 years. : 彼は20年間ベジタリアンだったのに、肉食に逆戻りした。

• 英語文のパラフレーズをお願い致します。

次の(1)を(2)にパラフレーズ出来ますでしょうか。 (1)He just got back from two weeks in Salerno. (Copyright: 2011 The Daily Yomiuri.) (2)He just got back from Salerno after being there for two weeks. その他、(1)のパラフレーズ文には、どの様な物が有り得ますでしょうか。

• 現在完了

My youngest brother spent about six years in prison for kidnapping and sexually assaulting a young woman he met at a bar. While he was in prison, we exchanged a few letters, but I did not go to visit him. He expressed remorse for what happened, and was receiving counseling in prison. He was released from prison earlier this year, and now lives about a 30-minute drive from where I live, so I've met him a few times for coffee or lunch. I've met himはなぜ過去形ではなく現在完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• thatと仮定法現在について

1. The final reunion between Teddy and Kaka was in Switzerland in 1938, when Teddy was 26 years old. After this reunion, Teddy wrote in a letter to Kaka that Kaka was the best friend he had ever had. 2. Perhaps one of the reasons why so many are attracted to this statue after nearly 1300 years is that it gives people a sense of healing which is much needed in an age of uncertainty. 1.の文, Teddy wrote in a letter to Kaka that Kaka was the best friend he had ever had. 2.の文 after nearly 1300 years is that it gives people... のthatは何の用法で用いられていますか? どなたかわかる方教えていただけないでしょうか? あと仮定法現在:提案・要求・命令を表す動詞+that節とはどういう意味ですか? 例文も付けて説明してくれるとありがたいです

• aren't we all

この英文の中にある"but aren't we all"とはどういう意味ですか? "He'll only ever really love one woman and she passed away years ago... Now he's just looking to stay entertained...keep from being bored...but aren't we all."

• paying his way

Two years after my mom made that decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. I would love to say that he did it because he really wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but the truth is that he wanted to be closer to his mother. She was paying his way in prison. paying his wayとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Steven and I dated for two years. The first year was wonderful. My family and my in-laws all accepted him. As year two began, he began to change. He stopped being attentive, and started to randomly go out by himself. We eventually broke up because he couldn't commit. At the beginning of our relationship, he didn't seem to have a problem with commitment. He took advantage of my life and of my children being secure with him. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語→日本語に 翻訳をお願いします

私が書いた日本語を訂正(書き直すということ)をしてくれますか? ----------------- After being released, to shame this court I submitted an appeal and provided a list of harshly embarrassing points from a western law standpoint, that I titled “the reason for an appeal”. 釈放後に、この裁判所にを恥じかけるために、「控訴の理由」という題名して西洋法理の立場から非常に恥ずかしい要点を書いてと控訴条を提出した。 -----------------

• pension he'd paid into

My elderly father remarried after my mother died two years ago. He married an acquaintance who is 30 years younger at the courthouse with no friends or family in attendance. He told this woman beforehand that there was a large widow's pension he'd paid into for decades that he wanted to give to her by marrying her. a large widow's pension he'd paid intoはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします