• 締切済み

英語の分数の問題です。

娘の宿題なのですが、どなたか教えていただけませんか? Luis s in a bicycle race on a closed circuit. After several hours of racing, he realizes that 1/5 of the racers behind him add to the number of racers. How many cyclists are in the race? よろしくお願いします。

みんなの回答

• Tacosan
  • ベストアンサー率23% (3656/15482)
回答No.3

ん~.... グダグダ推敲してみたが, こう書くのが一番手っ取り早い気がしてきた: 日本語にしてください.

回答No.2

>Luis is in a bicycle race on a closed circuit. After several hours of racing, he realizes >that 1/5 of the racers in front of him plus and 5/6 of the racers behind him add to the >number of racers. How many cyclists are in the race? add to は「足し合わせて」だと思うので、Luis の前に総レーサーの 1/5が 後には総レーサーの 5/6 がいるってことなんでしょうね。 情報不足。

• aguriasu2
  • ベストアンサー率25% (50/195)
回答No.1

この文だけでは解らないと思います。なにか大元の文章があるのでは? 簡単に訳すと Luis sで行われたサークル(円形)の自転車レース。 レースの数時間後、彼は彼の後ろに全レーサーの5分の1が更に追加されたのがわかりました。 レーサーの人数は何人でしょう? 全レーサーの数がわからないとこの問題は解けません。

YACmama
質問者

補足

すいません。文章が抜けてしまっておりました。 Luis is in a bicycle race on a closed circuit. After several hours of racing, he realizes that 1/5 of the racers in front of him plus and 5/6 of the racers behind him add to the number of racers. How many cyclists are in the race? よろしくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題

問題について Greg Martin gained some ground today in his attempt to be the first New Zealander to win at the Sea Pines Open with some fine putting that put him just two shots behind the leader , Jamie Sullivan , with a three-day total of 196 . Martin started the day tied with Australian Alex Waters at five shots behind , and the Australian was overtaken by his fellow countryman Tony Robinson , who played an impressive round with four birdies , to put him one shot ahead of Waters and four shots behind the leader with 198 . この文から 結局、Sea Pines Open では 誰が先頭車なのでしょうか? またリーダーのトータルポイントは198であってますか? 何度もすみません。回答お願いします。

• 英語問題

下から適切な単語を選んで空欄をうめる問題なのですが、わかりますか? わかったら翻訳もお願いします(;_;) breast cancer syphilis menopausal disorder uterine cancer infertility toxemia of pregnancy (1)_____ indicates a medical condition after permanent shutting down of the female reproductive system. (2)_____ primarily refers to the inability of a man or a woman to achieve conception. (3)_____ is a malignant tumor that sats in the cells of the breast in women and men. (4)_____ is a medical condition where hypertension arises in pregnancy as well as signifcant amounts of protein in the urine. (5)_____ is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease caused mainly by sexual intercourse. (6)The term _____ refers to several different types of cancer which occur in the uterus.

• ある英語の問題のコト

Long after the pub had closed , a group of men who frequented the place regularly , sat a table in the corner playing poker among a haze of cigarette smoke. (A)had closed (B)frequented (C)sat a table (D)among (A)~(D)のどれかが間違ってるらしいんですが、、、、 (C)があやしいような気がするんですが、(D)もあやしいように思います。 一応意味は、以下のような感じらしいです。たぶん。そんな気がします。 「そのパブが閉店になってしばらく経つが、そこにアシシゲク通うある男たちのグループは、端のほうのテーブルについてタバコの煙の中でポーカーやってた。」

• 次の英語の問題が分からないので教えてください。

次の???に入る選択肢はどれだと思いますか?できれば詳しい解説(訳など)もお願いします。 1.Research revealed that recently the demand ??? a powerful household cleaner has increased faster than the supply. (A)for (B)as (C)to (D)in 2.The advertising campaign promoting the G-Max cell phone was so successful that sales rose 30% ??? only one month. (A)on (B)at (C)by (D)in 3.One of the alarm systems ??? the factory failed to pass inspection. (A)at (B)by (C)from (D)above 4.Invoices may be presented ??? clients after they are fully satisfied with a project we have completed. (A)to (B)on (C)during (D)behind 5.Advertisers will be informed of the cost of their advertisements ??? 24 hours. (A)between (B)by (C)within (D)before

• 英語の問題

1[ ]の動詞を適当な形に直して( )にいれなさい。 1.If I ( ) rich,I would buy the bicycle made in France.[be] 2.If I ( ) a driver's license,I could get to the airport in time.[have] 3.If he ( ) at the party,I would have taken a picture with him.[be] 4.If she ( ) me,I could have gone shopping in Shibuya with them.[call] 2各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、 ( )に適当な語をいれなさい。 1. a)I don't have a piano, so I can't practice every day. b)If ( ) a piano,I ( )( ) every day. 2. a)As he doesn't drive carefully,I won't ride in his car. b)If he ( ) carefully,I ( )( ) in his car. 3. a)I wasn't with her at that time,so I couldn't help her. b)If I ( )( ) with her at that time,( )( )( ) her. 4. a)Because I told him the truph,he got angry. b)If ( )( ) him the truth,he ( )( )( ) angry. 5. a)I didn't prepare for the test,so I can't answer this question. b)If I ( )( ) for the test,I ( ) answer this question. どうしてそういう答えになるのかも 簡単に教えてくださると嬉しいです(^-^)

• 以下の英語の問題の答えを教えて下さい

1. Computers [1:are used] [2:primarily] to [3: calculate] answers and [4: processing] date. 2. The cat [1:motionless] watched the mouse [2:come out of] hole and then suddenly [3:he heard] the neighbor's dog breathing heavily [4:right behind of] him. 3. She still has a [ ] of the flu. Your objects do not [ ] the point as issue. I try to keep in with current events by reading the news papers. 4. He is not [ ] of a tennis player. [ ] of what he said was meaningless. This is [ ] better than the other. 1,2は誤字を訂正、3,4は共通して入る語を書かなければならないのですが解けません、誰か教えてください!!

• 英語の問題です。

英語の問題です。『』内は私の解答、考えです。 1.Much of our understanding of(is/collected by/infomation/from/weather changes)artificial satellites. 『is collected byとつながると思うのですが、fromをどう使えば良いか分かりません』 *()埋めです。 2.We can find his thoughts () in his works of art. (1)expressed (2)expressing (3)to express (4)express 『thoughtsにかかる(1)だと思います。』 3.A royal road to anything is a() of attaining it without trouble or effort. (1)track (2) route (3)way (4)path 『進路の意味を重視して(3)だと思います・・。』 4.The ()of living in this area has risen by 2 percent in the last several years. (1)money (2)cost (3)pay (4)quantiny『生活費の意味で(2)だと思います』 5.Waiter! I think this knife is dirty.Would you please ()me another one? (1)bring (2)take (3)change (4)replace 『私は持ってきてくださいますか?で(1)だと思います。』 得意な方、できましたら解説をお願いいたします。

• 英語の読解問題です。

(1)When you sit in the reading room of a library to do your own homework, you are surrounded by centuries of research. When you log on to the Internet, you can find millions of research reports. All those reports are the product of researchers who have asked endless questions, gathered huge amounts of information, worked out answers and solutions, and then shared them with the rest of us. (2)Teachers at all levels devote their lives to research. Governments spend billions on it, and businesses even more. Research goes on in laboratories and libraries, in jungles and ocean depths, in caves and in outer space. It stands behind every new technology, product, or scientific discoveryand most of the old ones. Research is in fact the worlds biggest industry. Those who cannot reliably do research or evaluate the research of others will find themselves left behind in a world that increasingly depends on new ideas based on good information produced by trusted researchers. (3)In fact, research reported by others, in writing, is the source of most of what we all believe. None of us has been to Venus, for example, but we believe that it is hot, dry and mountainous. Why? Because thats what we've read in reports we trust. Whenever we look something up, our research depends on the research of others. But we can trust their research only if we can trust that they did it carefully and reported it accurately. (4)To put it simply, everyone does research: we all gather information to answer a question that solves a problem. You do it every day. PROBLEM: You need a new part for your bicycle. RESEARCH: You call bicycle stores or get on the Internet to see who has one in stock. PROBLEM: You want to know where Michael Jordan, the famous American basketball player was born. RESEARCH: You go to the library and look in a biographical dictionary, or you search the Internet and then sort through the thousands and thousands of references to him. PROBLEM: You want to learn more about the discovery of a new species of tropical fish. RESEARCH: You search the Internet for articles in newspapers and magazines. (5)Though we all do those kinds of research we dont all write it up. But we do rely on those who did: the bicycle part suppliers, Jordans biographers, and the fish discoverers. All of them wrote up the results of their research because they thought that one day someone would have a question that their data would answer. (6)In fact, without trusted and tested published research available to all of us, we would be locked in the opinions of the moment and (lie, fooled,hear,we,every,by). Of course, we all want to believe that our opinions are correct; yet mistaken ideas, even dangerous ones, develop because too many people accept too many opinions on not very good evidence. And those who act on unquestioned opinions can lead themselves, and others, to disaster. 【設問】 ・2段落2文目内even moreに続く語句1語を本文中から ・2段落4文目内最初のItが指す語句1語を本文中から ・2段落4文目内最後のonesが指すもの アtechnology, product, and scientific discovery イall the libraries that have been built ウresearchers in the laboratories and libraries エenormous amounts of money that governments spend ・最終段落6段落中の語句整序 本文の原文を見つけましたので、貼っておきます。 http://www.worldcat.org/wcpa/servlet/DCARead?standardNo=0226065677&standardNoType=1&excerpt=true

• 英語問題

1a:He abandoned all hope b:He () up all hope. (1)took (2)gave (3)shut (4)put 2a:The game was cancelled at the last minute. b:The game was () off at the last minute. (1)called (2)held (3)changed (4)shown 3a:I unexpectedly found several interesting facts about spiders in that book. b:I () several interesting facts about spiders in that book. (1)made use of (2)got along with (3)dropped (4)came across 4a:I thought that she was your mother. b:I () her for your mother. (1)misled (2)considerd (3)took (4)regarded 5a:The teacher thought of an excellent solution to the problem. b:The teacher () with an excellent solution to the problem. (1)took up (2)considerd on (3)viewed over (4)came up 同じ意味になるように語句を入れます 解答をお願いします

• 英語問題

今日この5つの文章を先生に見せたら間違っていると言われました。 1. The boy laid on the grass with their eyes closed. 2. There seem to be every hope that the paitient will get better. 3. As she had nothing to do, she decided one of the flowers in the garden 4. Bill handed me a small round box and told me open it. 5. I'm sorry to say that I have never bought a bunch of flowers my wife. これのどこが間違っているのでしょうか?