Infectious, Playful, and Personal: Witnessing History

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Experience the infectious, playful, and personal sound of the band as they perform a set filled with covers and original songs.
  • From the soulful Howlin' Wolf cover to the groovy folk classic, each song lasted several minutes and felt very personal to the band.
  • Witness the captivating communication and individual expression of the band members as they perform in their own world.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Watching the three perform: It felt like witnessing history. Their set began with “Moanin’ at Midnight,” a Howlin’ Wolf cover, and went on to include “Killing Fields,” a female-version of Elmore James’ “Mean Mistreatin’ Mama,” folk classic “House of the Rising Sun,” the brilliantly catchy “Wanted Man” (unfortunately impossible to find/buy on the internet), “Gypsy Woman” and their finale, “Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Indian Blood.” From first moment to last, it was an experience. Their sound is infectious, playful, sexy, groovy, heavily improvised and decidedly rock. Songs that should have lasted a few minutes lasted several, and felt very personal to the band. Even the covers felt like theirs. They communicate with each other on stage and at the same time perform in their own vacuum of feeling and emotion, in their own world.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

Watching the three perform: It felt like witnessing history. 三人のパフォーマンスを目撃:歴史の証人となった面持ちだ。 Their set began with “Moanin’ at Midnight,” a Howlin’ Wolf cover, and went on to include “Killing Fields,” a female-version of Elmore James’ “Mean Mistreatin’ Mama,” folk classic “House of the Rising Sun,” the brilliantly catchy “Wanted Man” (unfortunately impossible to find/buy on the internet), “Gypsy Woman” and their finale, “Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Indian Blood.” ライブは《モーニンアットミッドナイト》で幕を開けた。ハウリン・ウルフのカバーだ。そして《キリングフィールド》へと続く。エルモア・ジェームズの女性版のような《ミーンミストリーティンママ》、フォークのクラシックである《ハウスオブザライジングサン》、物凄くキャッチーな《ウォンテッドマン》(残念な事にネットでの閲覧、購入は現在不可)、《ジプシーウーマン》そしてラストの《ライフ、リバティンドザパシュートオブインディアンブラッド》 From first moment to last, it was an experience. Their sound is infectious, playful, sexy, groovy, heavily improvised and decidedly rock. Songs that should have lasted a few minutes lasted several, and felt very personal to the band. Even the covers felt like theirs. They communicate with each other on stage and at the same time perform in their own vacuum of feeling and emotion, in their own world. 最初の瞬間から最後まで、まさに体験であった。彼らのサウンドは伝染性で陽気、セクシーでノリの良いへヴィーな即興、まごうかたなきロックだ。もう数分は続いて欲しいと思える曲がいくつもあり、私的な感情をバンドに抱いていた。カバー曲でさえ彼らのオリジナルのようだ。ステージで三人はコミュニケーションを取り合いながら、彼ら独特の感情と興奮で、真空状態を創り出していた。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

3つの公演を見て、これは歴史的瞬間に立ち会ったと感じた。    →witnessは目撃で、文字通りには歴史を目撃したと感じたです。 まず、セッティングは「真夜中の嘆き」から始まり、狼の遠吠えをカバーし、「殺戮の戦場」を含めて続き、Elmore Jamesの「悪意あるママへの仕打ち」の女性版、フォーククラシックの「日の昇る家」、ものすごく注意を引く「お尋ね者」(残念ながら、インターネット上で見つけたり購入したりすることはできない)、「ジプシーの女」、そしてフィナーレは「インディアンの同胞の生命、自由、インディアンの同胞の追求」である。 舞台開始の瞬間から最後まで、ものすごい体験だった。音楽は、感化されやすく、遊び心もあり、セクシーにしてしびれる、かなり即興的で確固たるロック。数分で切り上げられるべき歌詞が何分もに伸びて、バンドにとってとても個人的なものに感じた。カバーヴァージョン(ヒット曲を別人が歌うこと)にしても、自分のものと化していたように感じられた。お互いにコミュニケーションを舞台上ではかり、同時に自分たち独自の世界で感情と情感の隙間になる空虚さを演じる。 演目に関しては、定訳があると思いますが、勝手な翻訳をいたしました。 以上、御参考になればと思います。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

They also didn't like the idea of Scott making money on his own off Core/Purple without them, basically milking his status as the singer and leaving them out to dry. Their position is/was that if you're going to perform using STP to sell your tour, then it needs to be with us as your band.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I felt like we were really dragging the brand through the mud, I did not want to end up like a classic rock band. Even though we were ‘classic’ we lasted where other bands had not. I wanted us to still be relevant, and to remain relevant you have to remain creatively relevant. To do that, you have to still make records. So I felt like we needed to take some time off and make a record. I was under the impression that was how everyone felt, because after having a few conversations with guys in the band, I felt we were all in that same place and same mode. Then nothing ever happened, we didn't get together and start working on music. So it goes on and on.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Weiland also has his own issues with his former mates as he feels their continuance with Chester Bennington as a lead vocalist also violates the aforementioned legal documents. Both sides currently have suits against each other trying to decide who has the rights to perform the music and use the name. As for the solo tour, Weiland kicks things off on the West Coast with a two-night stand at the Viper Room in West Hollywood, Calif. Aug. 2 and 3. The trek runs through an Aug. 24 finale in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Weiland and the Wildabouts recently concluded their spring leg of dates and the vocalist will spend a majority of the summer with his new bride as they enjoy their first few months of marriage. ※『Scott Weiland』『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『the Viper Room』はナイトクラブ名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Years ago Weiland and Patrick were friends, bonding on the Family Values Tour over a decade ago. Patrick went on to perform in the short lived supergroup Army of Anyone with the DeLeo brothers from 2005-2007. Weiland has admitted to struggling with alcoholism in the last 5-6 years after a few years of being clean and sober. Patrick had his own struggles with drugs and alcohol in the past, but he has been clean and sober for nearly 11 years. ※ 『Filter』『Army of Anyone』はバンド名で、『Richard Patrick』『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The band all quit their day jobs and began working on Core. They chose Brendan O'Brien to produce their first album. O'Brien helped the band hone their sound and stay focused on their angsty alternative rock sound that was featured on their Wicked Garden, Where The River Goes, Naked Sunday, and Only Dying demos. Steve Stewart recalls, “Yes – the best rock producer of that era, Brendan O'Brien, had a lot to do with that. Robert asked me to find him and inquire about producing Core. At that point, the LA scene was dominated by bands like the Chili Peppers and Fishbone, etc., while Seattle was starting to come into its own with a post-punk, stripped-down version of rock.” O'Brien would go on to produce STP's first five albums. Scott Weiland was obsessed with The Doors while recording Core, with Jim Morrison being his main influence. As the band were finishing the album and deciding on artwork, their lawyer told them that an old blues singer named Mighty Joe Young was making a comeback, so they had to change their name. Weiland always liked the initials STP from the motor oil logo, and the band initially joked around about the idea of renaming the band Shirley Temple's Pussy. They eventually decided on Stone Temple Pilots.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean explained that they wanted to be able to fulfill their commitment through the band too. He said: "Robert, Eric [Kretz, drums] and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that." STP will release the new EP through their own label. It will contain five songs, including "Out Of Time". STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean explained that they wanted to be able to fulfill their commitment through the band too. He said: "Robert, Eric [Kretz, drums] and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that." STP will release the new EP through their own label. It will contain five songs, including the previously released "Out Of Time". STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bono said that the culture he grew up in during the Seventies not only defined him, but also the music he would go on to create. "Myself and my friends dealt with the kind of skinhead, boot boy culture of the time by creating our own reality, and eventually our own rock and roll band. That's how we dealt with the fear that we felt," he said.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Lights flushed down from behind, framing their black visages with poetry. Delila, when she wasn’t eyeing her guitar or shaking her black mane, stared intensely and unwaveringly out into the audience. And said hair stuck to her face from sweat like black rivers, her cheekbones shining blue in the light. Before their last number, Edgey shook out an Amstel Light on the stage and then, while playing, climbed onto the bass drum, which sighed a little under his black boots. Suspended like some secular angel in the background above Delila, he stood there for several minutes while the audience jumped and scrambled to take pictures. The final song turned into an improv showdown between Delila and Edgey on their guitars. Both at separate moments climbed off the stage to play from the audience, who grabbed at them lovingly and took pictures. It was like witnessing a birth. Maybe to the new self, the one that came from watching this show. This superbly talented act brings back rock ideals that feel almost nonexistent in the current market, and it is a welcome relief. They are sure to be a dynamic presence and force of change on the world stage.