Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo discusses new EP

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo recently discussed the band's new EP in an interview with ArtistDirect.com.
  • Despite time constraints and scheduling conflicts, the band managed to track four new songs in one night.
  • The EP is expected to be released in October, and will include the single 'Out of Time'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo discussed STP's new EP in an interview with ArtistDirect.com, “We just finished up the EP. I really do wish we were able to have the time to contribute an LP. For those kids out there, LP means “Long Play” [Laughs]. With everybody's schedules and Chester having a huge responsibility to Linkin Park, we finished tracking everything on this one night. It was one of those dreaded last days in the studio where we were putting the finishing touches on something at about four in the morning and Chester had to leave at about 4:30am-quarter-to-5am in order to pack for Asia that day with Linkin Park. He's still over there now. He's been them for two-and-a-half weeks. He gets home, and we have rehearsals on the 29th. Then, we're off on September 3 for a one-month run. Time was of the essence for this. We did manage to eek out four new songs, and we will include “Out of Time” on the EP. We'll have a little five-song EP here, hopefully showing up in October.”

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

ストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのギタリスト、ディーン・デリオは、アーティストディレクト・ドットコムのインタビューで、STPのニューEPについて解説してくれた。 『EPは出来上がってるよ。今はLP制作の時間が喉から手が出るほど欲しいんだ。若いリスナー諸君の為に教えるけど、LPってのは《ロングプレイ》のことね(笑)メンバーのスケジュールやら、チェスターのリンキンパークでの重責もあって、全トラックを一晩で仕上げなきゃならなかった。スタジオじゃ最後まで、もう恐怖の日々さ。朝方4時に仕上げのアレンジを録音して、チェスターは4時半から45分までにはリンキン・パークのアジアツアーへ出発しなきゃならない。彼はまだアジアにいるよ。その準備に彼は2週間半かけたんだ。彼が家へ帰れば、俺たちは29日のリハーサル。一ヶ月に及ぶツアーの前にオフは9月3日だけと来た。まさに時間との勝負だった。4曲の新曲は自分たちでプロデュースしなきゃならなかった。もちろん《アウトオブタイム》もEPに収録するよ。で合計5曲のEPが完成。10月にはお目見えするはずさ。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

BENNINGTON GIVES UPDATE ON STP RECORDING SESSIONS, BAND TO RELEASE “OUT OF TIME” IN U.K. Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington gave a brief update on STP's current recording sessions in a new interview with PhilStar, “We enjoy our families. I have a lot of kids. If I'm not with Linkin Park, I'm working with other people. I've been working with Stone Temple Pilots and we're making great music together.” STP will release “Out of Time” as a single on July 15th in the United Kingdom through Spinefarm Records in the UK. Spinefarm is a heavy metal label, so it's an interesting choice for STP to go with that label for the release of Out of Time. STP self-released the track in the United States in May. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Out of Time』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo discussed Stone Temple Pilots’ currently in the works new album with Chester Bennington in a interview last night with Nikki Sixx on Sixx Sense. The EP rumor we just reported wasn't mentioned, the new material in the works mentioned was STP's 7th album: “We're actually at Robert's this very moment cutting some more things. We're chewing on another four songs right now. It's quite nice man.” “We have one that's completely tracked just needs to be sung on. It's very minimal on the other three, there's just a scratch guitar and like I said we're just nailing our third drum tracks today and we'll start getting on some guitars tomorrow.” “The song's we're cutting now Robert kind of wrote one musically speaking in its entirety, then I brought one in musically speaking again in its entirety, and Chester had a really really incredible idea.” ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』はバンド名、『Dean DeLeo』『Chester Bennington』『Nikki Sixx』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean later said regarding Chester, “Chester's bursting with ideas. He brought in so much. It's almost like he was bringing in a song every day. It's like, “Hey man, let's just stick to these four!” [Laughs] There's actually a song on here that Chester wrote musically, lyrically, and melodically.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

What has the response been like for you? Patrick: I was walking over from the bus and some kids freaked out and came over and they looked exactly like [Chester] -- with the ear thing and the flannel. I said, “You guys are Linkin Park fans, aren't you?” And they said, “Yeah! You're the Filter dude!” Then some 20 year-old is on their phone, looking me up. ... It's awesome because Chester is bringing a younger crowd and, at the same time, we have a single out now and it's doing it's job, bringing in younger people to mix with our longtime fans. For a while there, we'd do a show and go, “Gee, everybody's the same age.” [Laughs] So now we have this song that connects to the youth.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean also discussed Chester Bennington joining STP, “I was on a European tour late at night, I turn on the TV and there's Linkin Park doing this massive festival and Chester's hitting it with a Stone Temple Pilots No. 4 shirt on. It really brought a smile to my face, it brought me back to home I could feel my heart again. The first time we met was at a turnstile waiting for our luggage, and I said I think I owe you this and I kissed him on the cheek. So we've kind of been friends ever since. I knew he really loved the band obviously. We did some touring tour on a Family Values tour in 1994 I think [it was 2001], we hit it off we spent a lot of time together. When the time came to think about a singer, we simply reached out to him.” ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Dean DeLeo』『Chester Bennington』『Nikki Sixx』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STP has regrouped with LINKIN PARK frontman Chester Bennington and their first song together, called "Out Of Time", has gone to the top of the rock charts. The quartet will release a five-song EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Scott Weiland has just wrapped up his latest round of solo dates, on which he's been performing tracks from the first two STP records, "Core" and "Purple".

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester Bennington and Stone Temple Pilots make for rock ‘n’ roll’s ultimate dream team. Not only can the Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise singer pull off that classic Scott Weiland-style bravado characteristic of the band’s hits, but he’s adding his own decidedly personal flare to new material such as the swaggering single “Out of Time”. He locks in with guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz as if he was meant to be there all along, and something much larger emerges. This is one of the most formidable and important rock bands in history reborn… In this exclusive interview with ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino, Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots opens up about “Out of Time”, the group’s new EP, and even takes a look back at Purple.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Most people are going to choose to see STP with Bennington over Weiland. STP still have 3/4 of the original members, the band name, and they also have Chester Bennington who will bring in a whole new generation of STP fans with Linkin Park's massive following. If the radio play of “Out of Time” today on KROQ in LA (they played the song once per hour) is any indication, the Chester Bennington era could bring STP back to commercial prominence. And if STP follow the Van Halen model, Scott Weiland will be back again down the line, but unfortunately Eric Kretz will be fired and replaced by one of the DeLeo brothers’ children. I think it's best for everybody to just sit back and enjoy the soap opera.