• 締切済み

文の訳がわかりません。

Hey, do you have 5 minutes? I've never no minute, I'm supposed to present commodities to Bromer. Can you move my car? That'd really help me out. ← They're street sweeping. ← from Pursuit of Happyness. 上の矢印(←)で示した部分がよくわかりません。wouldの単語の意味も含め、 文の意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

ご回答いただきありがとうございます 訳は分かりましたが、Wouldの意味がよくわかりません。wouldはどういうときに使われるのですか 未来のことについて言っているのでしょうか。 →仮定法として考えてみました。未来ではありません。仮にそうしてくれたらーーそこが仮定法的な訳だったわけですが、いかがでしょうか。 They're street sweepingの訳がちょっとわからないです。 Theyは人ですか。道路ですか。 →文脈がつかめませんが、しかも、この文章は明らかに標準的な英語とはかけ離れており、非文法的な文章ですが、おそらくこのtheyは人だと想います。少なくても道路ではありません。 文脈が私にはよくわかりませんが、以上のようなことかと思います。

imamuu0
質問者

お礼

wouldも仮定法に使われるんですね。仮定法は、If wereだけかと思いました。 映画のセルフですが、文法に則った人っていないんですね。訳を添付します。ありがとうございました。 『ちょっと時間はあるかね?』 『いそいでるんだ,ブローマと打ち合わせがあってね。』 『私の車を、動かしてくれないか』 『サンサム通りにあるシルバーのカプリスだ。』 『通りの反対側に止めてくれ、道路の清掃があるんだよ。』

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

That'd really help me out. ← そうしてくれると、とっても助けになるよ。    That would really help me out. これはCan you move my car? に続く文なら、まだ、そうしてくれると答えているわけではないので、仮にそうしてくれたらーーという意味がwouldにこめられています。 They're street sweeping. ← やつらは通りを掃除(ほうきで掃いている)しているよ。 以上でいかがでしょうか。

imamuu0
質問者

補足

ご回答いただきありがとうございます 訳は分かりましたが、Wouldの意味がよくわかりません。wouldはどういうときに使われるのですか 未来のことについて言っているのでしょうか。 They're street sweepingの訳がちょっとわからないです。 Theyは人ですか。道路ですか。 宜しくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• ネイティブの友達にバレンタインのメッセージを送ったら、

ネイティブの友達にバレンタインのメッセージを送ったら、 Happy Valentines day to you too. I never really celebrate this・・・ と返信が来ました。I never~からの意味が分かりません。 自分で訳すと「私はこれを祝うことは本当にない・・・」でした。 ・・・分かりません。教えてください。

• この文を日本語にしてください。

この文を日本語にしてください。 よろしくお願いします。 (1)Nami said, ''We will play in a big contest in April.'' The news was exciting. I really wanted to be in the contest. (2)Two weeks before the contest (3)I was so sad that I said, ''I will never come to practice again!''

• 同意文

同意文問題で (1)John spent three hours fixing his car yesterday. It( ) John three hours ( ) fix his car yesterday. (2)I would like someone to wash my car. I would like to ( ) my car ( ). という問題なんですけど、 (1)のfixはこの場合「とめる」ではなく「修理する」で   took,toで良いんですか? あと(2)は意味は分かるんですけど何を入れれば良いのか 分からないので教えて下さい!

• この文の訳を教えてください。

"Nonsense," I told her. " He's a fine, happy boy and you know it." "But she is an expert in child care," Carolyn protested. "She must know." "Even experts can be wrong," I said. I told her of an incident that had happened to an editor I know. One cold morning a warning light in her car came on. She quickly stopped at a service station. "Don't worry about it," the mechanic who checked her car told her. "The light will go off as soon as the car gets warmed up." She knew the car, and knew the warning light had never lit up on any other cold morning——but the expert had said it was OK, so she drove on. It turned out that the radiator was frozen; she almost ruined the car. "I learned my lesson," she told me. "I should have paid attention to my own sense of the situation instead of listening to someone who was supposed to know." "And that's what you're doing with your son," I said to Carolyn. I was scolding her, but I was sympathetic too. The world has become so complicated that we're no longer sure of our ability to understand and deal with it. But common sense is as useful now as it ever was. No amount of expert knowledge can take the place of an intimate understanding of a person or a situation. At times you just have to trust your own judgment. It almost cost me my life to learn that. I was reading a book one day, scratching the back of my head, When I noticed that, in one particular spot, the scratching echoed inside my head. I rushed off to my doctor. "So think you've got a hole in your head?" He joked. "It's nothing——just a nerve." Two years later, and after seeing four doctors, I was still being told it was nothing. To the fifth doctor, I said almost in despair, "But I live in this body. I know something's different." "If you don't believe me, I'll take an X-ray and prove it to you," he said. Well, there it was, of course, a tumor as big as a golf ball. After the operation, a doctor stopped by my bed. "It's a good thing you're so smart," he said. "Most patients die of these tumors because we don't know they're there until it is too late." I'm really not so smart. I believe experts too easily. I shouldn't have listened to those first four doctors. It's hard to question opinions given with absolute certainty. Experts always sound so sure of themselves . この文の訳をお願いします!

• 嫌な文を貰いました

奇妙なメールを貰ったのですが自分なりに訳しましたがきちんと訳せません。この文を書いたのが本当に知り合いの彼なのかどうかは分りませんがこれです。教えて下さい You call me baby and all that other stuff but I don't really get why you say those things when you have never held my hand, kissed my lips or even hugged me! And I am so confused at times! DO you want to be my girlfriend because I can't tell! I know you said that you live in @@@. and I look at @@@ every day from my boat! It isn't far at all! In matter of fact, it isn't more than an hour a way! So I am wondering what is going to happen when I get back on the 14th! What can you tell me! Can you give me an explanation or an answer??? Please don't get mad at me for feeling like this but how would you feel if you have been talking to someone for a little while. And you are new to there country, and you are all they think about but you have never seen that person or never held that person or never even eaten dinner with that person. But every day they call you BABY! You would want to know what's going on, RIGHT? You would think is this person playing with your emotions! This person must be a PLAYER or a PIMP!! Can you email with an answer today at least! That is all I ask!!! And you got a car too! A drive from @@@ isn't far either!! Come on now,

• 英語の文構造と日本語訳について知恵を貸してください

日本語訳は何となくわかるのですが、品詞分解できません。 どなたか助けていただけるとありがたいです。 Denise Honestly! I was in the middle of an important call. Tom Yeah, and you never got see those fireman in action, did you Denise? Anna Look at the time. I really need to get on with my work. 主に、 'Yeah, and you never got see those fireman in action, did you Denise?' の文について質問です。 品詞分解して構造解釈すると、 you が主語 never got (never+過去形):してない see those firemen 複合名詞  消防士の光景? ※意味も不自然ですし、名詞seeとfiremenの間にthoseはおかしいですよね。 in action 修飾語:活動中の 他の解釈として、 you never got see (that) those fireman (are) in action. 最初は接続詞のthatと動詞areを追加してみたのですが、そんな用法ありませんし、困り果ててます。どなたか助けてください。 日本語訳 うん、あと、活動中の消防官たちを見たことないよね、デニス。

• coffee run

For me, 15 to 30 minute chunks of time made a huge difference. If I got to work 15 minutes early, I’d skip a coffee run, and instead, do a quick GMAT problem set. coffee runとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳の修正お願いします

Eplからもらった文なのですが、訳がうまく出来ません。わかる箇所ありましたら訂正とただしい訳を教えてください。 (1)I see...so how good is your english??? I can speak a little Japanese, so I don't think communication would be a problem....but I know that it is very important to have. We were together for a long time, but it just never felt right...we would always have different opinons about things, and see would go to the club a lot...and dance and always try to meet new guys...she said she never cheat on me, but I really don't know??? わかった、(わあkりません)私はすこしだけ日本語はなせる、コミニュケーションとるのは問題ない。でもとても重要なことだ。 うちらは長い間一緒だった。(わかりません)いつも意見が異なった。クラブへいったり男と出会ったり (わあkりません) (2) But I'm much happier with her out of my life then in my life. So anyway, No I don't have any kids, and I have never been married before....I am single and looking for the right girl to spend the rest of my life with....who knows you may be her!!! You seem like a really nice girl and it seems like you have a great heart too. ・・・・・私はシングルで・・・さがしている。・・・あなたはほんとにナイスな女性にみえるし気持ちもすばらしい (3)I think next we will have to meet someday to really see if we have ssome things in common with each other. So how about you...do you have kids?? Would you consider dateing with me??? or am i to ugly??heheheheheh (あいたいようなことを言っているのはわかりますがうまく訳せません)

• 英語の訳

答えあわせできずこまっています。訳お願いします。 With only a computer and a phone line,you can send and receive letter in minutes. everything was done in English. I've never used this type before. Here it goes. He wanted to make the work easier for him.

• 和訳してください

Yes. I am supposed to be scared but it's really funny to me.(相手に遊園地のお化け屋敷に入ったコトあるか質問したらこちらのmessage届きました)