• ベストアンサー

この英文は正しいですか?

こんにちは。 この英文は正しいですか? "With all this victories this helped him represent the United States in the 1960 Summer Olympic Games in Rome. "

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

this victories は these victories か the victories にすべきでしょう。 this helped の this は、victories とは別のことを指しています。省略されているので分かりませんが、「数々の勝利」を「代表に選ばれる」ことに結び付けることになった要因を指していると思われます。

cherry77_
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 すみません。実は外国の質問サイトからのパクリです。 http://fr.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApMSnSaCh6r5BmLIrAd2ZGhtS31G;_ylv=3?qid=20130514132344AAI7Q2c

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

一見しておかしいと思うのは this victories という部分。this + 可算名詞の複数形 というパターンは変です。

回答No.1

thisを二度使用するのは避けるべきですね。 判断は文脈、前後の文章によりますので、それも載せて頂ければより明確な回答ができるかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳

以下二つの英文をうまく訳すことができません。お願いします。 (1) His company sends him to conferences all over India and is rewarding him with a three day vacation in Dubai. (2) Helping to drive this trend is the sense that financial success is not enough ; the perception lingers that social status comes only with true comfort in English.

• 英文で分からないことがあります

a)1と2の英文の訳し方があっているかどうか教えてください。 b)3、5、6、7の英文が正しいか教えてください。4は、どのように英文にしたらいいの分からないので教えてください。 a)1.I don't smoke? Do you? 私はタバコは吸いません?貴女はどうですか? 2.Did you finish university or no? 大学は、卒業したの? b)3.私は3月に大学を卒業しました。 I finished to unuversity in this March. 4.大学卒業後、7月に医療事務の試験が合格してすぐ就職しましたが、退職しました。今、就職先を探しています。なかなかいいところが見つかりません。 5.最近の貴女は、どうですか? How do you spend? 6.私は、8月にテレビで毎日、オリンピックを見ていました。 日本人選手が沢山、金メダルを取得できたので嬉しかったです。 I watached TV for Olympic Games in August. I'm happy that Japanese player got gold medalist. 7.貴女はオリンピックをテレビでよく見ましたか? Did you often watach TV for Olympic Games?

• 英文の疑問

It is the biggest city in the state - in fact, with over 8 million people it is the biggest city in the United States. このwithはどういう意味ですか? 仮定法でしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を添削してください

Since the United States was born, people have guns and are allowed to hold it. Individuals people in the United States stood up with guns and fought against those who tried to make it a colony. In the disorder of the West Pioneering era, people fought with outlaws with guns. アメリカは個人個人が銃を持って立ち上がり、アメリカを植民地にしようとする者達と戦ってきた。また西部開拓時代の無秩序の中で、人々が銃を持って無法者たちと戦ってきたという事実がある。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 西部開拓時代や無法者とか少しわかりにくい言葉がありますが、日本語をそのまま英文にしたいというわけではなく、言いたいことが伝われば大丈夫です。 ですので、日本語を変えていただいても大丈夫です。 よろしくお願いします。

• この英文について教えてください

下記の英文のseem to end up with face down in the snowの部分がよくわかりません。 withは付帯状況と呼ばれるものだと思いますが、訳してみても今ひとつよくわかりません。 My sisters and I have made up all kinds of races and games that always seem to end up with me face down in the snow. 英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃったら、どのように解釈したらよいかご教授をお願いいたします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

President Wilson agreed to this, in the belief that such cooperation would sustain continued good relations with Germany, and that more efficient German-American diplomacy could assist Wilson's goal of a negotiated end to the war. The Germans handed in messages to the United States embassy in Berlin, which were relayed to the embassy in Denmark and then to the United States by American telegraph operators. However, the United States placed conditions on German usage, most notably that all messages had to be in the clear (i.e., uncoded). The Germans assumed that the United States cable was secure and used it extensively. Obviously, Zimmermann's note could not be given to the United States in the clear. The Germans therefore persuaded Ambassador James W. Gerard to accept it in coded form, and it was transmitted on 16 January 1917. In Room 40, Nigel de Grey had partially deciphered the telegram by the next day.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

If Mexico were to enter war against the United States, it would strain relations with those nations. The Carranza government was recognized de jure by the United States on 31 August 1917 as a direct consequence of the Zimmermann telegram, since recognition was necessary to ensure Mexican neutrality in World War I. After the military invasion of Veracruz in 1914, Mexico would not participate in any military excursions with the United States in World War I, thus ensuring Mexican neutrality was the best outcome that the United States could hope for, even if Mexican neutrality would allow German companies to keep their operations in Mexico open. The telegram was sent to the German embassy in the United States for re-transmission to Eckardt in Mexico.

• 英文の訳

英文でわからなかった文がありました。訳を教えてください。 In the United States, for example, many cities do not have a 13th street; man buildings do not have a 13th floor. It is surprising, though, that the number 13 is considered unlucky in the United States. The country was originally divided into 13 states. On the dollar bill there is a picture of an incomplete pyramid with 13 steps. The bald eagle carries an Olive branch in one of its claws with 13 leaves and 13 berries on it. In the other claw it is holding 13 arrows, and above its head there are 13 stars. 宜しくお願い致します。

• In a gathering of...

In a gathering of friends in the United states, in a meeting of a business or educational organization, or at a public meeting, the family names of the people present might reveal something about the diversity of national backgrounds that they represent. この英文の訳は、「米国では...」と始まるのですが、in the united...はgatheringを修飾していますよね。どうしてrevealを修飾しているかのように訳せるのですか。 この英文の意味的にそのように考えられるから、と考えルのが妥当ですか。

• この英文は、、

Seller's payment instructions We sell only in the USA, Canada and the UK. This item can not be combined with anything else. Please don't ask! We ship by priority mail only. USA is only $4.65 and the UK and Canada is $15. p アメリカとカナダ以外は売りませんと言う意味ですよね? “Ships to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Asia, Australia ”と書いてあったので 日本からも買えると思ってたんですが、、