• 締切済み

canの役割

A consumer report has revealed that less expensive laundry detergents can be just as effective as the more expensive products.(それほど高くない洗濯洗剤にも、より高い製品とまったく同じ効果があることが、消費者レポートで明らかになりました。) この文章でcanはどういう意味で使われているのでしょうか?全然分からないので解説お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

canが入っていますから「まったく同じ効果をもちうる」という意味になります。 「まったく同じ効果がある」と言い切ってはいませんので、ご質問者が引用されている和訳は若干不正確です。 ニュアンス的には「使い方によってはまったく同じ効果がある」という含みだと思います。

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

Less expensive laundry detergents can be effective. →それほど高価ではない洗濯洗剤が効果的であり得るーーみたいな意味です。 This medicine can be effective. この薬は効果的であり得るーーこれと同じような意味です。 ~になり得る、~であり得るーーという意味です。

関連するQ&A

• canについて解説お願いします

canについて解説お願いします。 可能性をあらわすcanで疑問文で使う場合、反語的意味になるということですが・・・ 1.How can it be that she has lost the game? (彼女が試合に負けるなんて、いったいどうしたのだろう) 2.How can you say that? (よくそんなこと言えるね) 第1文を It cannot be ~に書き換えられるとも書いてあるのですが ~のところには何が来るんでしょうか? また第2文は 肯定文ではどうなるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 誰か教えてください。お願いします。

以下の2文を訳す場合、どのように訳すといいのでしょうか?教えてください。お願いします。 (1)The effective leader will encourage such people to pass their wisdom to those less experienced. (2)Talking and sharing advice can do that, but it can be done even more effectively by example.

• この文章正しいでしょうか?

There is nothing else on Earth that can possibly be as powerful as best effective fruits for women's body. よろしくお願いします。

• どのような役割なのでしょうか

(男性が彼女に)It does hurt a bit when I hear that I'd be more handsome to you if I had a beard. I want to be the most handsome to you as I am and not have to change. as I amはなくても良さそうに見えるのですが、どのような役割なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文をお訳し願います。

A world of craft production and barter would have little use for the quantifier’s tools, and would be impervious to them. It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms. This is undoubtedly so, though there is more than a hint here of a false dichotomy. Numbers that have no credibility as truth claims will be less effective also at projecting power and coordinating activity. 上記英文中の,It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms.をお訳し願います。

• 英語 比較

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題は訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです ・彼はその自転車に多くて5万円支払った。 The bike cost him at most \50,000. =The bike cost him ()()()\50,000.→at the most ・スーザンは私より3,000冊多く本を持っている。 Susan (books/has/than/three thousand/more/I/have). →have three thousand books more then I ・There were () two dogs in each cage. 1 any more than 2 the less than 3 no more than 4 less not than→3 ・She speaks English () fluently as any student in her class. 1 more 2 much 3 as 4 so→2 ・He can hardly read English, () write it. 1 much more 2 all the more 3 much less 4 more or less→1 ・Matters will be () difficult if you don't take action. 1 all the more 2 all the most 3 more the all 4 the most all→3 わからなかった問題です ・並び替え 1 There are (were/college/times/than/three/there/students/more)in the 1960s. 2 (are/as/as cheap/not/last/they/vegetables/were)week. ・間違った部分を選んで直す (1 Let us) realize that the world (2 is changing) at (3 a fast rate) than (4 it has) at any time in human history.

• 回答なく困っております!

回答なく困っております! テストがあるのでお願いします! A. He wants to buy a computer that has at ——— a 100 petabyte hard-disk. 1. least. 2. mostly. 3. well. 4. all B. Please call us if you ——— read that manual before running this software program. 1. will not. 2. have not. 3. had not. 3. are not. C. When ——— the three types of ray? 1. he discover 2. has he discovered 3. did he discovered. 4. he has discovered D. The spec says that the steel should not contain ——— 0.1% of the substance 1. more. 2. more than. 3. less. 4. not less than E. Our company will be ——— productive by using robots. 1. twice as. 2. two more. 3. twice more. 4. another F. I ———— working as a technician in the company for more than five years. 1. do. 2. am. 3. will be. 4. have been. G. He is the most capable team leader I ————. 1. have ever know. 2. ever know. 3. may know. 4. will know H. This motor bike is very fast and powerful, but it is ———— expensive than any other. 1. as. 2. more. 3. much. 4. a lot. I. The number of the computer programmers ———rapidly in the past 20 years. 1. increase. 2. Is increasing. 3. has increased 4. will increase J. Art is ——— important as technology, math and science. 1. just as. 2. such as. 3. even more. 4. the same.

• 英文構造

英文 Just as a multinational company can have branches thoughtout the would, as it seems an organization that has political or violent ends can be grobal. この英文はacadenicという参考書のなかにある一文です。 意味は何となくとれるのですが構造が取れません。just as , asの部分は理解できますが、後半のas以下の構文を取ることができません。なので、そこを集中的に教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願い致します。

It is hard to imagine how customers who rush after trends, or the stores that serve them, will respond to the report’s suggestions: that people lease clothes and return them at the end of a month or a season, so the garments can be lent again to someone else — like library books — and that they buy more expensive and durable clothing that can be worn for years. Perhups surprisingly , the report highlights the benefits of synthetic fabrics they require less hot water to wash and less ironing. It suggests that consumers air-dry clothes and throw away their tumble dryers, which require huge amounts of energy.

• he can get for itですが・・・

Some writers think about the life of books as some savages think about the life of men―that there are books which never die. They all die sooner or later ; but that will not hinder an author from trying to give his book as long a life as he can get for it. The fact that it will have to die is no good reason for letting it die sooner than can be helped. 上記の英文で、he can get for itの意味が解りません。 このforは何ですか?itの対価を示すのでしょうか? itはbookのことですね?