• ベストアンサー

「英語学習は何歳から始めても遅くない」の翻訳は?

「英語学習は何歳から始めても遅くはない。」 という文を英語に直したいのですがよくわかりません。 It is not too late that even we start English study---- までは考えたのですが、 「何歳から始めても---」の部分をどうすれば表現できるのかがわかりません。 誰か分かる方はいらっしゃらないでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kanakyu-
  • ベストアンサー率30% (1916/6194)
回答No.4

できるだけ最初の文章を生かしながら書いて見ますね。 It is never too late no matter how old you start studying English. weでももちろんいいですが、一般論を言う時は、youを使う事が多いです。oneでもいいです。 no matter how old という部分が、何歳でも、という意味です。 たとえば、 I don't care no matter how old he is. というと、 彼が何歳でも、気にしないわ。 という意味です。 evenを使いたい時は、 Is is not too late even you start studying English in your 30s. など、ちょっと違う文体になります。この訳は、 たとえ30代で英語を初めても遅すぎることはない。 です。

oloxxolo
質問者

お礼

とてもわかりやすかったです! 何歳でも~を考えているときに Wheneverしか出てこなかったのですが、no matter howを使えばよかったんですね! 丁寧な回答ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (4)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.5

age limit は、一つの名詞句で、下記のように「年齢制限」と言う意味です。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/age+limit/UTF-8/ as to のほうも、纏まっておりまして、下記のように「~に関しては」という意味です。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/as+to/UTF-8/

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

There is no age limit as to when you can start studying English.      とも。

oloxxolo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! この場合のageは形容詞のような使い方なのでしょうか? toの使われ方がよくわからないです。 わたしの英語力が低いばかりにすみません。

• ID10T5
  • ベストアンサー率31% (732/2313)
回答No.2

Age doesn't matter when you start learning English. とも。

oloxxolo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! Ageの前にTheなどは必要ないと考えていいのでしょうか?

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

* It is never too late no matter when you begin to study English. * It is never too late whenever you begin to study English. * Never too late to learn. That is true of studying English.

oloxxolo
質問者

お礼

上2つは直訳すると「あなたが英語学習を始めるときはいつでも手遅れではない」 でよくわかったのですが、 最後の1つは「学ぶことは決して手遅れではない。それが英語学習の真実だ」…でしょうか? わたしの英語力がないばかりにすみません。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語に直して下さい

こんにちは 調べてもよくわからないので助けてください。よろしくお願いします 部屋の中でも寒いので、使う必要がないからです 。は下記の英語で、正解でしょうか? That is why it is not necessary to use because it is cold even in a room それと、下記の文を英語に直して下さい AもBも食べなくて一体何が楽しいのか?

• どんな学習をしたら そんなに英語が話せるようになるんでしょか?

タイトルの文は何の変哲もない日本語ですが、英語に訳するとなると 2つ3つ難しい点があります。一つは疑問の要素が条件節内にあることです。もう一つは、「~ようになる」の訳し方です。 一応、訳してみました。 If how did you study, you can English so well? 疑問詞を含む疑問文は文頭に来るというルールがありますが、条件節がifで始まるので、howはifの次に置くべきでしょうか? 次に 「~ようになる」はどのように表現したらいいでしょうか? 最後に so wellは このように使えるんでしょうか? それから、この文は仮定法にした方がいいでしょうか? ん...やっぱり、条件節と主節を入れ替えるしかないんでしょうか? How did you study to speak English so well? これもおかしいですね? どなたか、英語の得意な方、正しい訳し方を教えてください。

• 翻訳お願いします

According to a recent study, the number of non-native speakers of English is now three times as large as that of native speakers. The new English speakers aren't just studying English as a second language, but they are also changing it and even creating their own version of it.

• 英語を日本語に翻訳してください

「The problem that you are having is that you are reading and studying English more then you actually put it to use. A possible solution would be for you to start listening to more English shows and music while studying it until you feel like you are comfortable enough to start speaking it. Even if you only memorize a few words at first it is still process.」 長いですが日本語に翻訳していただけると嬉しいです。翻訳機は既に試しましたが恐らく違う意味の結果が出たので翻訳機の結果をそのまま載せるのは控えて欲しいです。

• 英作文の問題、

「英語について感じていること」を理由を含めて3文以上の英語で書きなさいという問題で、 I think English is very useful. When we talk with foreign people, we use English. I'll study English harder. と、考えたのですが、文法的に間違っていたり、また、表現上おかしいところや、もっとこういう表現が良いというものがありましたら、教えていただけると助かります。 高校入試の中学レベルの英語でお願い致します。

• 英語の翻訳お願いします

先月、金星堂出版の英語のテキストを購入したのですが、解答が付いていなく、訳が分からないのでお忙しいとは思いますが翻訳お願いしたいです。以下長文。 English is often called the world's lingua franca. About this, there is little dispute. However, what about the term lingua franca? It means the Frankish language, but how did it come to be known so well as an expression in English? The language is full of intersting idioms and expressions whose origins we often fail to give even a thought to. If we did, we would find that English expressions and idioms often have fascinating stories behind them. Pidgin English is one such expression. If you ask a native English speaker what thia means, he or she will likely explain the meaning corrently:broken, or badly spoken, English. If you ask why people use this exprettion, they might explain in it this way: Pigeons are not very clever birds, so it means someone whose Englilsh is not beyond the level of a simple bird. However, this is not correct at all. During the period of the Opium Wars,1839-60, Potuguese, British, and Dutch traders went to China in large number to do business. They created a simplified from of English that could be used to do business. Business English often sounded like pidgin English when spoken with an accept, so this name stuck. Flea market is another intersing expression. Most people think that this word comes from the old goods that are often sold at such markets. Because they are old and possibly durty, they might be full of fleas. Fleas are associsted with dirty things. People used to think that those selling goods at such markets looked dirty,too. They might have been carring fleas, which could have been a cause for the name. Neither is correct. There was a market in New York City long ago called the Vallie Markt. In Dutch, it meant Valley Market. It is easy to forget that the Dutch were the first European settlers in New York, before the British too over in 1664. Over the year, Vallie Markt became Vlie Market. In Dutch, the "v "sound like an "f" in English: "Flee" or "flea" both sound like the "vlie" in "Vlie Market." The term "flea market," however, has been translated into "market of fleas" in many languages, Japanese and French included. When a ship is in troublle, it sends out this message: "Mayday! Myday!" Many believe that this word is used because something bad once happened on May 1. Actually, it is the English version of "M'aidez!," which means, "Help me!" in French. "My brother is up the river!" thismeans that your brother ia in prison. How did English get this expression? Ossining State Prison was 30 km away from New York City... along the Hudson River. Therefore, if you did something illegal in New York City, which has never had a shortage of criminals, you might have been sent to Ossining... up the Hudson River. So many words and phrases have entered the English language in an intersting way. Bcause English is the lingua franca of the world, it gets to borrow from many launguages of the world as well/ Bravo for English! Brovo... that was originally an Italian word, by the way.

• 英語を日本語に訳して下さい。

以下の内容を訳して頂けますか。 I am waiting for the authority here to issue us the export permit so we can send you a copy please be a bite patient why we puch the authority here to issue us the export permit hope you understand us as my English is not too good yes we have contact our authority but the cites is not yet ready once it is ready I will mail a copy to you so that you can apply for your import permit hope you understand my write up as my English is not too good 以上です。宜しくお願いします。

• この英文を翻訳してください

It is still true that, even in this case, the phrases must be in English because there is something beyond(Japanese) words. お願いします!

• 至急。英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

『よくわからないけど、そうだね。 あのさ、前からちょっと思ってて 私って日本人同士でもシャイなんだ。 だから言葉が通じない相手だともっとシャイになっちゃうと思うの。 だから、冗談じゃなく今私本当に英語話せないから私も来年(あなたと)会うときまでに英語を少しでも話せるように勉強するから、お互いの言葉を勉強して、あなたも一言でもいいから会ったときその覚えた日本語私に教えてくれたら嬉しいな*』←と英語で言いたいのですが I'm not very sure, but you're right. by the way, I've been kinda thinking this for a while.. I'm shy even with other Japanese people. So like when I'm talking to someone whose language I don't understand I get even more shy. I really can't speak English right now -- I'm not joking -- so I'm studying English now so that when we meet next year I'll be able to speak even a little bit. I'd be happy if we could both study, and when we meet you could tell me what Japanese you've remembered, even just one word is fine. ↑ちゃんと『』の言葉になっていますか?

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。愛する

「仏教では、同性に拘わらず誰が誰を愛しても良い」たとえ同姓でも」 1In Buhddism, we can love whoever we like regardless of the same-sex. 2IIn Buhddism, we can love whoever we like even if they are the seme sex. 3「誰が誰を愛してもいい、例え愛する人が同性でも」 4「例え愛する人が同性でも、誰を愛するかは問題ない。」 It doesn't matter who you love even if (your) loved one is the same sex as you are.(必要かどうか疑問なので) 1から4の表現を訳して頂き、補足※でつけている英文の添削、若しくは使用可か教えて頂ければ幸いです。