• ベストアンサー

英語の補充問題を教えてください(>_<)

Our whole family would walk down the stairs to the warm, humid basement (where) thousands of fish would be swimming in brightly lit tanks. ()にはなぜwhereが入るのですか?? なぜwhichではいけないのですか? また和訳も教えて頂けるとありがたいです!!!(*^_^*)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

Our whole family would walk down the stairs to the warm, humid basement (where) thousands of fish would be swimming in brightly lit tanks. 我々の家族全員は、何千もの魚が明るく照らされた水槽の中に泳いでいる、暖かい、湿った地下室に階段を降りて行ったものです。 1. Our whole family would walk down the stairs to the warm, humid basement. 我々の家族全員は、暖かい、湿った地下室に階段を降りて行ったものです。 2. Thousands of fish would be swimming in brightly lit tanks (in the basement). 何千もの魚が、(地下室の)明るく照らされた水槽の中で泳いでいます。 問題文は、1.と 2.の文がつながったものです。 in the basement → in it → in which のように考えれば、which を使うことはできますが、前置詞の in は必要です。 in the basement → there → where と考えているのが、質問の本文です。

ecxtwnq
質問者

お礼

大変分かりやすい回答ありがとうございました(*^_^*)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします(>_<)

大変長くなって申し訳ないんですが、下の和訳が分かる方はお願いします(>_<) What comes to mind when you think of a tropical fish tank? A restaurant? A doctor's office? Or is it the memory of your own childhood aquarium filed with a lot of colorful fish? My earliest recollections are of the local tropical fish shop. Our whole family would walk down the stairs to the warm, humid basement where thousands of fish would be swimming in brightly lit tanks. After long and careful deliberations, my sister and I would each choose a fish, and into the plastic bags they would go. We would carefully hold our prizes upright the waster temperature reached that of its surroundings, probably a half hour or so, but seemingly forever to a small child. At last it was time to release the fish from the plastic bags. Our fish were home.

• ものすごく長い和訳ですが...

大変長くなって申し訳ないんですが、下の和訳が分かる方はお願いします(>_<) What comes to mind when you think of a tropical fish tank? A restaurant? A doctor's office? Or is it the memory of your own childhood aquarium filed with a lot of colorful fish? My earliest recollections are of the local tropical fish shop. Our whole family would walk down the stairs to the warm, humid basement where thousands of fish would be swimming in brightly lit tanks. After long and careful deliberations, my sister and I would each choose a fish, and into the plastic bags they would go. We would carefully hold our prizes upright the waster temperature reached that of its surroundings, probably a half hour or so, but seemingly forever to a small child. At last it was time to release the fish from the plastic bags. Our fish were home. Keeping tropical fish can be a rewarding and educational pastime and is a popular hobby. I am astonished how much fish biology, chemistry, and physics I remember from having a childhood fish tank. But I never made the common mistake of thinking that fish were pets that require no care. Setting up and maintaining a tank correctly does take some time and energy. As an adult, I find the mixing and regulation of the water quality boring, and my husband has taken over that routine; that doesn't mean he is more responsible than I am, just ask our cats! But as a child, it was a great chance to learn about responsibility.

• 和訳と空所補充の質問です

下の文の和訳と空所に入る語とその理由を教えてください(>_<) Where should you start to learn about keeping fish? Check out ( 1 ) or two from your library or surf the Internet. You will need to know about things ( 2 ) filters, water quality and the types of tanks available that best ( 3 ) your needs. 1の選択肢 a book, one, water, information 2の選択肢 so that, of which, like, among 3の選択肢 request, require, want, suit ある文章の途中を抜粋しているので、文の流れがわかりにくくてすみません!!!

• 英語 和訳

(1)Animals in the wild lead lives of compulsion and necessity within an unforgiving social hierarchy in an environment where the supply of fear is high and the supply of food low and where territory must constantly be defended and parasites forever endured. (2)But such an event is less likely to happen than for a member of our own species,say a shopkeeper with all the usual ties-to family,to friends,to society-to drop everything and walk away from his life with only the space change in his pockets and the clothes on his frame. (3)If human beings,boldest and most intelligent of creatures,will not wander from place to place,why would an animal,which is by temperament far more conservative? (1)~(3)の英文の和訳どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削お願いします。

法律に関するテーマ内から2題です (i) ★英文★ It should insult our values to think that a healthy adult could come upon a baby drowning face down in an inch of water and walk right by when a mere push would save the baby's life. ★解釈★ It should insult our values (不定詞副詞的用法:to think (形容詞句:that ”a healthy adult” could come upon a baby drowning face down in an inch of water and walk right by when a mere push would save the baby's life.)) ★和訳★ 健康な大人が顔をつけて溺れかけている赤ん坊を見かける ほんの引き上げることで赤ん坊の命を助けるとき、水辺を歩いて と考える価値観を辱めるべきである。 (ii) ★英文★ Explanations range from fear that getting involved will be too time-consuming or cause personal injury to the Good samaritan, to doubts as to what to do in a crisis. ★解釈★ [意味上主語:Explanations range (副詞節:from fear that getting involved)]   述部並列1:will be too time-consuming or 述部並列2:(will)cause personal injury (不定詞to the Good samaritan, 述部並列3:to doubts as to what to do in a crisis. range自 及んでいる ★和訳★ 巻きこまれる恐れから及ぶ弁解としては、あまりにも時間がかかる、 良きサマリア人にけがを引き起こす、 そして、危機な状況で行うことのように疑うということがある。 以上です、 イディオム不足もあるかと思いますので、つたない解釈ではありますがよろしくお願いします。 また、よろしければ以下のテンプレーとをお使いください (i) ★解釈★ ★和訳★ (ii) ★解釈★ ★和訳★

• 英語得意な方へ!和訳をお願いします。自分で訳せそうなところはやってみま

英語得意な方へ!和訳をお願いします。自分で訳せそうなところはやってみました。長文のため2回の投稿に分けています。 2-1です。 Very humid? (凄い湿気なの?)Very good ... I think humid weather is the reason you have such nice skin! You skin must be in very good condition now :)(君の肌は凄くいい状態にちがいない) But maybe when I arrive in Japan, I would like a little bit less humid weather.(だけど、私が日本に着くときには湿気がもう大分ないかもね) In Belgium has been super warm 32-35 degrees in the past 2 weeks.(ベルギーではここ2週間32~35度のものすごい暑さだった) But this is not normal ...(だけどこれは異常だよ) normally the temperature is around 22-25 in summer.(いつもは22~25度なんだ) You don't know Tour de France?(Tour de France知らないの?) With Lance Armstrong, Alberto Contador? Only 22 teams of 9 cyclists can participate. They are the best of the best. There is not need to congratulate me, ・but thank you anyway :) I'm a little bit concerned about the final. My flight is leaving from Amsterdam to Osaka with KLM (airline company from the Netherlands). And during my flight The Netherlands is playing world cup final against Spain ... (フライト中にオランダとスペイン戦がやるよ)I hope the pilot concentrates on flying and doesn't watch football ... hahaha

• 和訳 さきほどの続きですが...

さっきものすごい長い和訳をお願いしたのですが、1つでも余りにも長すぎたので2つに分けました!! この和訳もお願いします(>_<) Where should you start to learn about keeping fish? Check out a book or two from your library or surg the Internet. You will need to know about things like filters, water quality and the types of tanks available that best suit your needs. Also, you must decide whether you want to have saltwater or freshwater fish. Spend some time in pet shops and hobby shops to see what is available. Generally, a beginner should start with a freshwater aquarium. Salwater fish can be pleasant and interesting to look at, but the water chemistry is much more complex. In addition, saltwater fish are difficult to raise and are often collected in the wild, sometimes in environmentally unfriendly ways.

• 英語の問題の添削をお願いします。

1.次の各文の( )内から適する語句を選びなさい。 (1)Jim was born on the day (アwhich イwhen ウwhere) his father went to Paris. (2)We live (アwhich イthat ウwhere) our aunt used to live. (3)He went to Osaka, (アwhich イwhere ウthere) he met a friend of his. (4)Do you know the exact time (アwhich イwhom ウwhere エwhen) the accident occurred? (5)Keep on with your studies, (アhowever イno matter what ウso エwhatever) hard it sometimes seems. (6)"Are you going somewhere during the vacation?"-"Yes,I've found a nice beach (アhow イwhen ウwhere エwhich) I can enjoy swimming even in February." (7)It's not only her friends that Ms.Kinoshita is kind to. She helps (アthose イwhatever ウwhoever エwhom) needs her help. 2.次の各文の_に適する関係副詞を書きなさい。 (1)Tell me the reason _ she refused my offers. (2)Kumi wanted to live in a place _ she could see the ocean. (3)I remember the day _ my grandmother left Japan. (4)Kathy was taken _ she had never been before. (5)The day was very windly _ we visited our teacher. (6)I was going to shopping,_ Tom called me up. (7)He returned to his native land,_ he spent the last few years of his life. 3.次の各文の誤りを正して全文を書きなえなさい。 (1)You may invite whomever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whatever you want to. (3)This is the house which I lived in my early days. (4)They come to a large lake, that they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason, why she would not work. (6)How careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.次の文を関係副詞を使って書き変えなさい。 (1)This is the way in which they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village that I first met him in. (3)The day on which we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.次の2つの文を関係副詞を使って1つの文にしなさい。 (1)August is the month. We have no school then. (2)Last week I visited the town. You used to live there. (3)We walked to the park. And there we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Saturday. And then it was raining. 6.次の日本文に合うように、( )内の語句を並べ変えなさい。(4)は( )内の語を並び替えて_に入れ、英文を完成させなさい。 (1)私たちはこうして友だちになりました。(became/friends/how/is/this/we/.) (2)私はロイが早起きをしたわけを知っています。(early/got up/I/know/Roy/the reason/why/.) (3)意志があるところには道がある。(a/there's/where/will),there's a way. (4)Unfortunately,_ _ _ _, _ was one step ahead of us. (fast/he/however/ran/we) 7.次の英文を日本文に直しなさい。 (1)Dinner is ready whenever you may come back. (2)Wherever you may go, always be kind to others. 1.(1)イ (2)ウ (3)イ (4)エ (5)ア (6)エ (7)ウ 2.(1)why (2)where (3)when (4)where (5)when (6)when (7)where 3.(1)You may invite whoever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whenever you want to. (3)This is the house where I lived in my early days. (4)They came to a laege lake, where they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason why she would not work. (6)However careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.(1)This is how they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village where I first met him. (3)The day when we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.(1)August is the month when we have no school. (2)Last week I visited the town where you used to live. (3)We walked to the park, where we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Sunday, when it was raining. 6.(1)This is how we became friends. (2)I know the reason why Roy got up early. (3)Where there's a will, there's a way. (4)Unfortunately, [however we ran fast, he] was one step ahead of us. 7.(1)あなたがいつ戻ってきても、夕食の準備はできています。 (2)どこへ行っても、他人にはいつも親切にしなさい。 多いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の読解問題です。

(1)When you sit in the reading room of a library to do your own homework, you are surrounded by centuries of research. When you log on to the Internet, you can find millions of research reports. All those reports are the product of researchers who have asked endless questions, gathered huge amounts of information, worked out answers and solutions, and then shared them with the rest of us. (2)Teachers at all levels devote their lives to research. Governments spend billions on it, and businesses even more. Research goes on in laboratories and libraries, in jungles and ocean depths, in caves and in outer space. It stands behind every new technology, product, or scientific discoveryand most of the old ones. Research is in fact the worlds biggest industry. Those who cannot reliably do research or evaluate the research of others will find themselves left behind in a world that increasingly depends on new ideas based on good information produced by trusted researchers. (3)In fact, research reported by others, in writing, is the source of most of what we all believe. None of us has been to Venus, for example, but we believe that it is hot, dry and mountainous. Why? Because thats what we've read in reports we trust. Whenever we look something up, our research depends on the research of others. But we can trust their research only if we can trust that they did it carefully and reported it accurately. (4)To put it simply, everyone does research: we all gather information to answer a question that solves a problem. You do it every day. PROBLEM: You need a new part for your bicycle. RESEARCH: You call bicycle stores or get on the Internet to see who has one in stock. PROBLEM: You want to know where Michael Jordan, the famous American basketball player was born. RESEARCH: You go to the library and look in a biographical dictionary, or you search the Internet and then sort through the thousands and thousands of references to him. PROBLEM: You want to learn more about the discovery of a new species of tropical fish. RESEARCH: You search the Internet for articles in newspapers and magazines. (5)Though we all do those kinds of research we dont all write it up. But we do rely on those who did: the bicycle part suppliers, Jordans biographers, and the fish discoverers. All of them wrote up the results of their research because they thought that one day someone would have a question that their data would answer. (6)In fact, without trusted and tested published research available to all of us, we would be locked in the opinions of the moment and (lie, fooled,hear,we,every,by). Of course, we all want to believe that our opinions are correct; yet mistaken ideas, even dangerous ones, develop because too many people accept too many opinions on not very good evidence. And those who act on unquestioned opinions can lead themselves, and others, to disaster. 【設問】 ・2段落2文目内even moreに続く語句1語を本文中から ・2段落4文目内最初のItが指す語句1語を本文中から ・2段落4文目内最後のonesが指すもの アtechnology, product, and scientific discovery イall the libraries that have been built ウresearchers in the laboratories and libraries エenormous amounts of money that governments spend ・最終段落6段落中の語句整序 本文の原文を見つけましたので、貼っておきます。 http://www.worldcat.org/wcpa/servlet/DCARead?standardNo=0226065677&standardNoType=1&excerpt=true

• 英語の空欄補充の問題

大学の編入試験を受ける予定です。 その際、英語の試験で前置詞や副詞などの空欄補充がウエイトを占めています。 空欄補充に強くなるにはやはり、文法力と語彙力でしょうか?  私はかなり英語が苦手です。  空欄補充対策用の問題集などあれば、教えていただけませんか。 よろしくお願いします