• 締切済み

大至急!助けてください!英問英答

下の文章についての英問英答お願いします! Feeling very happy on the day of the trip, I got on the train. I was the only black in our group. Our hotel was not far from the Lincoln Memorial. My roommate was Frank. Learning out of our window and dropping water balloons on tourists, we quickly made friends with each other. 《訳》 出発の日、僕はウキウキした気分で汽車に乗った。一緒に行った中で黒人は僕一人だった。リンカーン・メモリアルからほど近いホテルに泊まり、フランクと同室になった。ホテルの窓から身を乗り出して、下を歩く観光客に水風船をぶつけたりしているうちに、僕らはすぐに仲良くなった。 At the Lincoln Memorial,together we had read the famous words from Lincoln's speech at Gettysburg.“...this nation,under God, shall have a new birth of freedom...” The next morning,a teacher said,“Clifton,could I see you for a moment?”Frank turned pale. One of our water balloons had hit a lady and her dog the night before. “Clifton,”the teacher began,“do you know about the Maron-Dixon line?” “No,”I raid,wondering what this had to do with dropping water balloons. 《訳》 リンカーン記念館で私たちは一緒にリンカーンの有名な演説からの言葉を読んだ。神の下で、この国が、自由の国として生まれる・・・・。 次の朝、先生は言った。「クリフトン、しばらく君を見てもかい?」 フランクは青ざめた。水風船の一つが昨夜女性と連れていた犬に当たったのだ。先生は続けて言った(言い始めた)。「クリフトン、君は、マロンーディソン線を知ってるかい?」 「いいえ」と私は即座に答え、水風船をいくつも下に落としたこととこのことが何の関係があるのか不思議に思った。 "Before the Civil War,” the teacher explained, "the Mason-Dixon line was the line between Pennsylvania and Maryland-the line between the free and slave states. Today, the Mason-Dixon line is a kind of invisible border between the North and the South. When you cross that invisible line into Maryland, things change. We are going to Glen Echo Park...It's in Maryland, and black people can't go in.” "You mean I can't go to the park,” I asked, "because I'm black.” She nodded slowly. "I'm sorry, Clifton,” she said, talking my hand 《訳》 「南北戦争以前は…」と先生は説明した。「 Mason-Dixon line (メイソン・ディクソン・ライン)は、ペンシルバニア州とメリーランド州の州境線、つまり自由な州と奴隷制度のある州との境界線だったの。 今日、Mason-Dixon line (メイソン・ディクソン・ライン)は、北部と南部の目に見えない境界線のようなものです。その見えない線を越えてメリーランド州に入ると、状況は変わってきます。私達は Glen Echo Park (グレン・エコー・パーク)に行く予定ですが…それはメリーランド州にあって、黒人は入れないの。」「僕は行けないってこと?」と僕は尋ねた。「黒人だから?」(「黒人だから僕は入れないということですか?」と僕は尋ねた。)彼女はゆっくりうなずき、僕の手を取って「ごめんなさいね、クリフトン。」と言った。 1.Could he go to the trip with his black friends ? 2.How did Frank and the writer make friends with each other ? 3.Why did Frank and I turn pale ? 4.What was “the Mason-Dixon line” before the Civil War ? 5.What does “the Mason-Dixon line” mean today ? 6.Why wasn't Clifton allowed to go inside Glen Echo Park ? 6問と多いと思いますがお願いします(^^;; それと回答は英語で…  あと、自分なりの言葉というよりは本文を引用して少し変えたりというような簡単な回答で大丈夫です!

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

1. No, he couldn't. He was the only black in their group. 2. They made friends with each other by getting into mischief such as dropping water balloons on tourists. 3. Because their teacher knew one of their water balloons had hit a lady and her dog the night before. 4. It was the line between Pennsylvania and Maryland-the line between the free and slave states. 5. Today, it is a kind of invisible border between the North and the South. [When you cross that invisible line into Maryland, things change.] 6. Because he is black.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 添削お願いします!

英問英答の添削お願いします! Back in my room, I began to cry. I was very sad. That was not only because I could not go to the park. For the first time in my life, I was learning what it felt like to be black. 訳 部屋にもどって私は泣いた(なき始めた)。私はとても悲しかった。それはただ私が公園にいけなかったからだけではない。人生で初めて、黒人であることがどういう気持ちであるかを学んだのだった。 "What's the matter?” Frank asked. "They won't let me go to Glen Echo Park tonight.” "Because of the water balloon?” he asked. "No,” I answered, "because I'm black.” "That's a relief!” Frank said, and then he laughed. He was relieved to have escaped punishment. "I thought it was serious.” I stared at him. "It is serious. They don't let black people go into the park. I can't go with you!” I shouted. 訳 「どうしたの?」とフランクが聞いてきた。「今夜 Glen Echo Park (グレン・エコー・パーク)に行かせてもらえないんだ。」 「 water balloon (水風船)のせい?」と彼は尋ねた。 「違うよ。」と僕は答えた。「僕が黒人だからさ。」「それならよかった!(それで、安心したよ。)」とフランクは言って、笑った。彼は罰を逃れてホッとしているのだ。「深刻なことかと思ったよ。」僕は彼をキッと見つめた。「深刻だよ。黒人は公園に入らせてもらえないんだよ。きみと一緒に行けないんだ!」と僕は叫んだ。 “Then I won't go,either.”Frank smiled. I will never forget that moment. Later the room was filled with boys listening to Frank.  “They don't allow black people in the park,so I'm staying with Clifton.” “Me too,”a second boy said.“I'll stand by you,Clifton,”a third agreed. In the end,eleven white boys decided not to go. They wanted to go to that park as much as I did,but they knew that there was sometimes exen more important. 訳 「それならば僕も行かない。」フランクが微笑みながら言った。 私は決してその瞬間を忘れないでしょう。 後から、部屋はフランクに耳をかたむける少年たちで一杯になった。 「黒人が公園に入ることは許可されないんだ、だから僕はクリフトンと一緒にいるよ。」 「俺も」、と2番目の少年が言った。「僕は君の味方だよ、クリフトン」、と3番目も同意しました。 結局、11人の白人の少年が行かないことに決めました。 彼らは私と同じぐらいに、とってもの公園にいきたかったのです。しかし彼らは時には、もっと大事なことがあることを知っていました。 Q 1.What did Clifton learn when he was told about Glen Echo Park ? 2.Why did Frank feel relieved ? 3.What did Frank say to Clifton after he shouted, “I can't go with you!” 4.How many boys didn't go to Glen Echo Park in the end ? A 一番は分かりませんでした… 2.Because he escaped punishment. 3.He said “Then I won't go, either.” 4.Eleven boys didn't go to Glen Echo Park. この四問です! 英語苦手なのでお願いします(^^;;

• 作者の伝えたいことは?

PRO-VISIONのレッスン7についての質問・・・というか、皆さんのご意見をお聞きしたいというか・・・。 これは、PRO-VISIONのレッスン7の、日本語訳です。 これを読んで、これの作者の方が何を伝えようとしたのかを考えています。 皆さんにも読んでいただき、ご自身の意見を教えていただけませんか? 参考にさせていただきたいので、是非お願いします。 >> この間私はある悲しいニュースを耳にした。 ある黒人の生徒は彼の皮膚の色のためにクラブでゴルフをすることが許されなかった。 それは32年前の私の暗い子供時代の記憶だった。 私は13歳の貧しい黒人の少年でニューヨーク黒人の区域に母と父と一緒に住んでいる。 ある日、私の先生はワシントンD.C.への旅行を知らせた。私は大急ぎで家に帰って母に旅行についてのメモを見せた。 しかし、費用を見た時彼女は首を横に振った。私たちは十分なお金がなかった。 ちょっと悲しくなった後、自分自身で旅行の費用を払うことに決めた。 次の8週間、私はキャンディーと配達する新聞の配達をした。 デリバリーの前の3週間、私はちょうど必要なお金を得ることができた。 "私は行くことができる!" 旅行に行ける日幸せな気分で電車で乗り込んだ。私はグループの中で1人だけ黒人だった。 私たちのホテルは、リーンカーン記念堂からそう遠くはなかった。私のルームメイトはフランクだった。 窓から体を乗り出してそれから観光客に水風船を投げて私たちはすぐに友達になった。 リーンカーン記念堂で私たちは一緒に、ケネディスバーグの有名なスピーチを読んだ。 "この国は神、キリストのもと新たな自由を持つことになるだろう。" 翌朝ある先生が、"クリフトン、ちょっと話せるか。"と言った。 フランクは青ざめた。 私たちの水を入れた風船の1つが昨夜女性と彼女の犬にぶつかってしまった。 "クリフトン"先生が始めた。 "メイソン・ディクソン線を知っていますか。" "いいえ。" このことが水風船と何か関係あるのか不思議に思いながら答えた。 "アメリカ南北戦争の前"その先生は説明した。 "メイソン・ディクソン線は自由州と奴隷州つまりペンシルベニアとメリーランドの間の線だ。 今日、メイソン・ディクソン線はある種北部と南部の間の見えない境界線だ。あなたがメリーランド州に入る時、事態は変わる。 私たちはメリーランド州のグレン・エコー公園へ行くつもりそしてそこに黒人は入ることができない "あなたが行った公園には行けないという意味ですか。"私は言った。 "私が黒人だから?"彼女はゆっくり頷いた。 "ごめんなさい、クリフトン"私の手をとりながら彼女は言った。 部屋に戻って私は泣き始めた。私はとても悲しかった。それは公園に行けないことだけではなかった。 私の人生で初めて私は黒人であることがどういうことなのかを学び始めた。 "何かあった?"フランクが尋ねた。 "今夜彼らは私だけ、グレン・エコー公園に行かせない。" "水風船のせい?"彼は尋ねた。 "違う"私は答えた。 "私が黒人だから" "ええと、安心して"フランクが言った。 そしてその時彼は声を立てて笑った。 彼は罰せられることからまぬがれて安心した。 "それは深刻だと思った。" 私は彼をじっと見て "これは重大だ。彼らは黒人が公園に入ることを許さない。君と一緒に行けない"私は叫んだ。 "それなら私も行かない"フランクは笑った。 私はその瞬間を忘れない。 遅い時間フランクから聞く友達でいっぱいだった。 "だからクリフトンと一緒にいるつもりなんだ。" "僕もだよ。"2人目の男子が言った "あなたのそばにいりよ、クリフトン。"3人目の人が同意したついに男子は行かないことに決めた。 彼らは私と同じくらいその公園に行きたかったのだが、よりいっそう大切な何かがあることを知ったのだった。 その夜、1通の封筒をかかえながら別の先生が私たちの部屋に入ってきた。 "みんな!"と彼は叫んだ。 "ちょうどセネターズ対タイガー戦のチケットを13枚買った。 誰か行きたいかい?" 喜びの叫び声があがった。 野球場へ行く途中、私たちはリーンカン記念堂にちょっと立ち寄った。 あの一行を思い出しながら、私はしばらくの間暖かい黄色光の中のリーンカンの象をじっと見つめた リーンカンの中で言った自由は無料ではなかった。 いつでも肌の色によって公園やゴルフクラブに入れない人がいるたび自由を求める戦いが再び始まる 人々は時にこぶしやじゅうを使って戦ったが、だいたいの場合最も効果的な武器は愛や勇気という単純な行動だ。 私はリーンカンのあの言葉を聞く時いつも11人の白人の友達を思い出す。 彼らが教えてくれた愛の形はいつでも憎しみに打ち勝つだろう。 一行でも、一言でもかまいません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 至急。英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

『Hi. 目覚めてあなたからLINEが来ててホッとした。 昨日酔った勢いであなたに変なこと言っちゃったから 嫌われたかと思ってた。』←と英語で言いたいですが、 Hi, I woke up and saw that you answered my LINE and was relieved. I thought that maybe you were don't like anymore at me because of the things I mentioned while I was drunk last night.←通じますか?

• "athletic and military therapy" って何ですか?

いつもお世話になっています。次の文章に出てくる単語の意味が分りません。 ・・・(略)all our friends in Lincoln, Nebraska, and Columbas, Ohio, who have inadvertently provided a wide variety of athletic and military therapy. アメリカには、"athletic and military therapy"というセラピーがあるのでしょうか?どのように訳したらよいでしょうか? また、ついでながら、ネブラスカ州リンカーン市やオハイオ州コロンバス市には、そのような病院があるのでしょうか?知ってる方がいらっしゃったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 【至急和訳お願いします!】

和訳お願いします!!! The day after the Nobel Prize was awards to Gore and theIPCC. I visited Hiroo Gakuen in Tokyo, a combined junior- and senior-high school, for the school's autumn festival --- this year themed "Earth's Happiness is Our Happiness." A friend whose daughter graduated from the school thought I might like to see what young people these days are thinking about enviromental issues. I was immediately struck by how Japan has changed. Tokyo, junior- and senior-high school students are studying dioxins, the ozone layer and "corporate social responsibility." When I first began teaching enviromental issues in Japan[in 1990], first-year university students would identify old men on bicycles and bad breath as pressing enviromental concerns.

• どのような意味でしょうか

The other day, I was out for lunch with a woman I recently became friends with. At the end of the meal, we asked the server to split the check 50-50. He brought us our receipts. I was waiting for my friend to finish using the pen, and I wasn't trying to peek, but I noticed she'd left the tip line blank. left the tip line blankとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Jefferson Is El #34 質問10

この文章はVOAの一節です。 学習を目的に、訳してみました。 間違いを指摘して頂きたいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 www.manythings.org/voa/history <= Back [ Program 34 ] Next => The Federalists tried to make people believe that Burr was working with them, against Jefferson. Burr denied this. In a letter to Jefferson, Burr wrote: 連邦党は、ジョンソンと違って、バーは彼らとともに仕事をしていると、 国民に信じ込ませようとした。バーはこれを否定した。ジェファーソンへの手紙の中で、バーは(次のように)書いた: "Every Republican wants you to be president of the United States. Every good Republican wants to serve under you. I would be happy and honored to be your vice president. And, if you believe I could help you better in some other position, I would do so." 「共和党員は、みな、あなたがアメリカ合衆国の大統領になるように望んでいる。善良な共和党員は、皆、あなたの役に立ちたいと望んでいます。私は、あなたの副大統領になることを嬉しく思い、光栄に思います。 そして、もし、私が、何か他の立場で、より良く、あなたのお役に立つかも知れないと、あなたが信じるなら、私は、喜んでそうします」 On February eleventh, the House of Representatives began to count votes, state by state. Eight states chose Jefferson. Six chose Burr. The representatives of two states -- Maryland and Vermont -- gave each man an equal number of votes. There was no majority within those states. So neither man won the votes of those states. 2月11日、下院は、州ごとに、票の集計を始めた。8州がジェファーソンを選んだ。6州がバーを選んだ。二つの州の代表- - メリーランド州とヴァーモント州- -は、各人に同数の票を与えた。これらの州では、過半数にならなかった。それで、両人とも、この州の投票に勝てなかった。 *gave each man an equal number ・・各人に同数の票を与えた(?) *There was not majority 過半数にならなかった(やや疑問?) *nether man won the votes 投票に勝てなかった(?) *“*・・?”は質問の意味です。よろしくお願いします。

• この1文について解説をお願いします

When I was growing up, our house backed onto woods, a thin two-acre remnant of a once-mighty wilderness. This was in a Maryland city where the enlightened planners had provided a number of such lingering areas of green. 【They were as tame as can be, our woods, and yet at night they still filled with mysterious shadows.】 可能な限り人間の手が加わっていたが、それでも森は夜になると神秘的な影で覆われる 【】より上の文は話の流れを分かりやすくするために打ちました。 【】内の文での「our woods」とカンマで囲まれている部分が分かりません Theyをareas of greenからour woodsに入れ替えるためにあるのですか?

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します!

Did you know Scott Weiland well? “A little. We got on well. A truly talented guy.” What happened to the SP message board that was up around the time Machina came out? “I got tired of paying a big hosting bill for people to squat on there and tell me what to do or say that I sucked or we sucked or that they should become our bass player or lighting designer.” FYI the SP Reddit is mostly positive and friendly. Probably more trolls/zombies over here. “Maybe I’m jaded (I honestly don’t look) but I did a Reddit chat once and mod said it was the worst negativity they’d ever seen on over 100 Q&A’s. And when I did look back in the day (you know the boards) all I saw was FAT STUPID IDIOT WASHED UP HAS BEEN WISH HE HAD DIED/WAS DEAD over and over.” What do you think mainstream guitar culture and music disappeared? “I disagree with the question. I think there is a mainstream rock culture. It’s just that pop culture has grown and used tools beyond music to stay relevant.”

• 英作文ができない。

英語の簡単な文章を書いてみたんですが、ちゃんとかけているのかどうか、よくわかりません。文法が間違っていないかどうか、文章の流れが不自然でないかどうか見ていただきたいのです。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I’m Masato Oda. I was born on March 29, 1987 in Nara, so I’m now 20 years and two months old. I’m a junior at the School of Literature, Jonan University. I major in Education. I’m taking 23 courses this semester. I’d like to be a teacher at a junior high school or a high school. So, I must be a good speaker of English. I live at home with my parents, brother, sister, and grandmother. Our house is located in the southeast of Nara, and I come to college by bicycle. It takes me about an hour and ten minutes from my home to the college. My hobbies are cycling, reading and seeing movies.  I do cycling for exercise and I come to college from my house. I’m reading a paperback pocket edition well recently.  I'm busy recently, so I don't see any movies at a movie theater, but I want to see it there.