• 締切済み

いくら考えてもわかりません

he had ten dogs, taken in a trap, turned out in the arena before a wild pig. 上記英文の訳がいくら考えてもわかりません。 どなたかご教授おねがいします。 私自身は、「彼はワナでとらえた10匹の犬を野生のアリーナにいるブタの前に引きずり出した」と訳しています。 正しいでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• MayIHELPY
  • ベストアンサー率49% (335/674)
回答No.2

he had ten dogs, taken in a trap, turned out in the arena before a wild pig. 上記英文の訳がいくら考えてもわかりません。 どなたかご教授おねがいします。 私自身は、「彼はワナでとらえた10匹の犬を野生のアリーナにいるブタの前に引きずり出した」と訳しています。 正しいでしょうか? 解説 (1) この文は、 have + 目的語(=ten dogs, taken in a trap) + 過去分詞(=turned out) の「使役」構文なので、自分がやったのではなく、「(誰かに)~させた」と訳す必要があります。 参考訳 彼は、アリーナの中で、わなで捕らえられた10匹の犬を檻から出させて一匹の野豚の前に放たせた。 もしも、自分でしたのであれば、he turned out ten dogs, taken in a trap, in the arena before a wild pig.となっているはずです。

purupuru18
質問者

お礼

>彼は、アリーナの中で、わなで捕らえられた10匹の犬を檻から出させて一匹の野豚の前に放たせた。 英語は苦手ですが、私としては、この訳が一番しっくりきました。 本当にありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1.  ここの turn outは、下記の句他動詞の2「外に出す」だと思います。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/turn+out/UTF-8/     ですから「犬をワナから解放して外に出す」という意味かと思います。 2.  arena は、下記のように「競技場」です。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/arena/UTF-8/     3。 彼は、ワナで捕らえた十匹の犬を、野生の豚がいる前で、その競技場の中に放った。     で、次はどうなりました? 教えてください。興味津々。犬がチワワかグレートデーンかでも違うでしょうし、豚も wild の意味が、「暴れん坊」と言う意味か、本当の「野生」のイノシシかでも違いますから、簡単に1対10とは決められないでしょう。さて今夜は豚汁か、○国式犬汁か?

purupuru18
質問者

お礼

素早い回答本当にありがとうございます。 >で、次はどうなりました? 教えてください。 三匹の犬が負けたが、結局、野生の豚は犬に負けました。

関連するQ&A

• 間違いを訂正する問題なのですが。

Mr.Wilson had taken the matter so much to heart that ten days had not passed until he went mad. 答えはuntil→beforeなのですが、until→by the timeとするのは間違いでしょうか。

• ten years agoがあるのに。。。

以前にこういう質問をしました。(多少内容が変わっていたらごめんなさい。でも質問の格となる部分は同じです) The publishing company published the book which the author had written in her younger days. (質問)in her younger daysというのは「過去形」でしか使えないはずなのに、なぜ「had written」でもOKなのでしょうか?さらに、この文章ではwroteにしてはいけませんか? When I visited my hometown this summer, I found the city diffferent from what it had been ten years ago. (さらなる質問)ten years agoというのは明らかに「過去形」を表すのに、なぜ「had been」が使われているのか不思議でなりません。(誤植ですか?)ここは本来、ten years agoではなくten years beforeなら自分も納得がいくのですが。

• 以下の文は微妙に内容が違いますか?

A:He turned up before we finished lunch. B:Hardly had we finished lunch before he turned up. 質問1:二つは同じ内容ですか? 接続詞を復習していたら、わけがわからなくなりました・・・ 私は同じだと思ってしまいます・・・ 質問2:B文ではbeforeが入っていますが、文語体(?)だから常に過去完了形と過去形の形で書くのがルールですか? 全部過去形もありですか? 解説よろしくお願いします。 解説お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Tigris Corps had taken the position, but the cost of breaking through the Ottoman defenses had heavy. Aylmer's command suffered 1,962 dead and 2,300 wounded out of 13,300 men. The medical preparations for the relief force had been almost an afterthought. Most of the medical units attached to the Meerut Division were still working their way upriver or awaiting transport in Basra. At the time of the battle, the Tigris Corps had facilities to treat 250 wounded soldiers. By the end of 7 January 1916, the field ambulances were trying to deal with almost ten times that may. Some of the wounded had to wait as much as ten days before they were finally cleared through the field ambulances before being sent to the hospitals established downriver at Basra.

• わからない英文があります

"It was me who rescued the situation when a ten million euros black hole of debt turned up in a subsidiary company." この英文の意味がよくわかりません。 日本語訳してほしいです><

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Germans in Longueval made a determined defence but by 10:00 a.m. the 9th Scottish Rifles had taken their objectives, except the north end and a strong point in the south-east of the village, which resisted until attacked with support from the 7th Seaforth and the 5th Cameron Highlanders at 5:00 p.m. It proved impossible to capture Waterlot Farm in the second position so positions were taken in Longueval Alley, in touch with the 18th Division. At 9:00 a.m., the 9th Division HQ was erroneously informed that the village had been captured but by then the captured part of the village had been consolidated; a source of water was found before the Germans could counter-attack.

• 和訳お願いします

Imagine finding a body that had been lost for 40,000 years... The strange animal in the ice looked like it was sleeping. Ten-year-old Kostia Khudi and his brother had never seen anything like it before. But they had heard stories of the mamont, an imaginary animal that lived in the frozen blackness of the Siberian underworld. Their father, a reindeer herder named Yuri Khudi, went to ask a friend for advice. But when he returned, the body had disappeared...

• "which" の非制限的用法?

"in which" から後の用法は非制限的用法だと思うのですが、意味がよくわかりません。「禁欲主義が影を潜めて、迸る物質主義が取って代わった」だと思うのですが、いかがでしょうか?("effervescent gush" は冗長だと思うのですが) He was peccantly obtuse in grasping the current imbroglio of the situation. He didn't have the temerity to break the cloyingly opportunistic mood among the politicians. So I had to remind him of the protean political arena in which, with ascetecism fallen into desuetude, effervescent gush of materialism had taken all over.

• 難関英語です。(その6)

いくつかの質問に分けて投稿させていただいています。 今回の文は、 Once this bond of emotional connection was in place, a subsequent step was taken, unique to humans, in striving for a relationship beyond the temporal arena and into the realm of what we would describe as religious imagination or transcendent meaning-making. この文を日本語訳してください。 また、特にわからない以下の部分を詳しく説明していただきたいです。 1. be in place, arena, meaning-makingの訳出はどうすればきれいにいくでしょうか? 2. into the realmのintoが何にかかっているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします!!

• 時制を教えてください。

Ten years later, I eventually married a woman for whom I had first dated in my first year in college. この文で10年後のことを言っているのに、なぜ、過去形になるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。