ツーリストの名シーン!アンジェリーナ・ジョリーが語るヤヌスの神様の意味とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ツーリストという映画の中で、アンジェリーナ・ジョリーがレストランでヤヌスの神様のアクセサリーの話をするシーンがあります。
  • そのシーンで使われている「in」の用法について解説します。
  • 「in someone we love」という表現は、「誰かを愛する時」と訳され、人を愛する際にはその人の良い面と悪い面、過去と未来を受け入れなければならないことを意味しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

inの使い方を教えて下さい。

ツーリストという映画の中でアンジェリーナ・ジョリーがレストランでヤヌスの神様のアクセサリーの話をするシーンの英文を拾ってみました。 最後の一文で使われているinの用法が解りません。 "in someone we love" これは"誰かを愛する時"という訳で字幕が付いていたのですが、 whenみたいな使い方ができるということなのでしょうか?また、bothの使い方もboth of themとかにしなくて良いのでしょうか? 文法的にどのような解釈になるのか教えて下さい。 Elise: It's the um...the Roman god, Janus. My mother gave it to me when I was little. She wanted to teach me that people have two sides. A good side, a bad side, a past, a future. And that we must embrace both in someone we love. And I tried. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [訳] ローマの神様ヤヌスよ。 母が小さい頃にくれたの。 私に人には2つの顔が有ると教えようとしたの。 良い面、悪い面、過去、未来 人を愛する時には両方を受け入れなければならないの。 そして、そうしてみたの。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.3

補足読みました。 someone who we love のように who という関係代名詞が省略されています。 we must embrace both in someone (who) we love 私たちは愛する人(のなか)にあるそうした両面を受け入れなければならない が直訳ですが、字幕は字幕翻訳者のセンスで訳していますので、ここでは「とき」に相当する英語があるわけではありません。

unmarko
質問者

お礼

なるほど。本当に良く分かりました。 大変ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.2

まず、映画の字幕は文字数制限(表示幅制限)が厳しすぎて、まともに訳すことが出来ませんので、大幅な意訳が行われます。 both は単体の代名詞としても働きますので、both だけで前述の two sides を指すことができます。 both in someone we love は 「愛する人にあるそうした両面(直訳)」となります。

unmarko
質問者

補足

なるほどー。 完全に訳というか、流れを誤解してましたね。 私はてっきり、「誰かを愛する時は、自分の中にある両方の面を受け入れなければならない。」と言っているのかと思ってました。 "both in someome"という固まりとwe love の前には関係代名詞whenが省略されてるんですね? どうでしょう?つまり、 We must brace both in someone (when) we love. ですね? 言われてみれば、そうですよね。 いや、思い込みって恐ろしい。 正しいですか?

回答No.1

bothについて。 会話文では文法がおかしいことも多々あります。 それでも会話は成り立ちます。 私たち日本人も省略したりしますがそれと同じです。 いわなくてもわかるでしょ、って。 inについて。 inはあるものの中に位置することを指します。 物理的空間や抽象的空間・・・ この「~時」は時間を空間としてとらえているのです。

unmarko
質問者

補足

なるほどー。 完全に訳というか、流れを誤解してましたね。 私はてっきり、「誰かを愛する時は、自分の中にある両方の面を受け入れなければならない。」と言っているのかと思ってました。 "both in someome"という固まりとwe love の前には関係代名詞whenが省略されてるんですね? どうでしょう?つまり、 We must brace both in someone (when) we love. ですね? 言われてみれば、そうですよね。 いや、思い込みって恐ろしい。 正しいですか?

関連するQ&A

• inについて

以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 We are honored to continue licensing the books we publish in both traditinal and emarging fornats. この文でin bothとinがありますが、inはどうして必要なのでしょうか? inがないと文法上おかしいでしょうか? どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• two months and change in

Now, I’m in a new relationship, two months and change in, with someone who tells me often that he loves spending time with me, REALLY loves sex with me, is really attracted to me, all that business. two months and change inのtwo months inは2ヶ月目ということですよね?changeは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in the equation

One thing I have been coming to terms with since we became serious is the fact that he is seven years older than me, and has zero interest in having any more children in his life, by natural means or adoption. His two children are 11 and 13 respectively and he thinks they are the best (they are the best) but also that they are enough. When we started, it had been such a hard time for me finding somebody I could imagine having a loving, real, strong connection with I had decided if the option for a wonderful partnership came along and kids were not in the equation, I would be okay with that. kids were not in the equationとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "moments in life"を和訳すると?

"moments in life"という英文文章が気にいっています(下記に一部を示します)。 しかし、この文章のタイトルの"moments in life"の意味が良く分かりませんので教えて下さい。 MOMENTS IN LIFE There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real! When the door of happiness closes, another opens; but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one, which has been opened for us. Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright, find the one that makes your heart smile. 以下省略します。 以上

• SO MUCH IN LOVE の歌詞について

1963年にThe TymesによってリリースされたSo Much In Loveの歌詞は、以下のようになっています。 As we stroll along together Holding hands, walking all alone So in love are we two That we don't know what to do …… その後、同曲はTimothy B. Schmit ら多くのアーティストによってカバーされていますが、そのほとんどが、That we don't know what to do の部分をNo one else but me and youに変えて歌われているようです。 他の部分は同じなのに、この部分だけが変えられた理由をご存知の方、教えてください。

• 和訳して欲しいです、お願いします。

I remember when you told me that can't love you 100 percent with my heart then it will not work between me and you and you said that it will be ok because I was honest and that I showed you the feeling of how to feel when someone really cares about you and that's ok. Do you still mean that? What happens if we were just good friends and not boyfriend and girlfriend could you handle that?????

• 翻訳お願いします。

戦争に対しての詩なのですが、翻訳お願いします。 Could we forbear disputes: And practice Love; we Should agree as Angels do above. Weak tho we are, to Love is no hard task: and Love for Love is all that Heaven doth ask. I go to sleep before you but we shall wake together* Remember this and bear in mind a constant friend is hard to find. NO SPRING TILL WHEN** Emily Lucille is my name and England is my nation. Oxford is my dwelling place: a place of habitation. When I am dead and laid in grave & all my bones are rotten: when this you see: Remember me tho I was quite forgotten.

• in ways の意味は?

The most important thing when healing someone from a traumatic experience is love. Love really is magical in ways, isn't it? 上記は手紙文の一節ですが、in ways に to some extent の意味があるのでしょうか? 手許の辞書や英辞郎には載っていません。weblioにはありますから、あると考えていいのでしょうね? それとも、他に訳し方がありますか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。

My cat died on this day. I wrote this in memorial to him. Why do we allow ourselves to love when we know for a fact that, that soul will eventually leave us? why do we allow ourselves to love やwhen we know や for a fact that のところの訳がつかめません。宜しくお願いします。

• pulled in backの意味

My dad delivered bread for a living. We enjoyed each other’s company, so he’d drive home at lunchtime and I’d go with him. One day, we delivered to a large grocery store. When we pulled in back, the manager saw me and said, “I heard it’s your birthday, so go pick out anything in our toy aisle free.”