• ベストアンサー

for its ally の意味

以下の文章における for its allyの意味を教えてください Washington has demonstrated support for its ally during the disaster, providing nearly 70 million dollars worth of assistance. できれば和訳もしていただけると嬉しく思います

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

所有格 its を用いることにより、a(n)/the はつかなくなるわけですが、 実際は、the 的な特定されたものを表します。 my friend というと、「単なる友達の一人」でなく、 「特定の友達」を意識しています。 今回、its ally というのはもちろん、「日本」という特定の国のことです。 for は単純に「~のために」でいいですが、名詞 support にかかり、 「同盟国に対する援助」 ほぼ7000万ドルにあたる援助を与えつつ(与えることによって) ワシントンは今回の震災におよんで、同盟国日本を支援する意思を表してきた。

tokochika
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます★

その他の回答 (2)

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.2

>for its allyの意味を教えてください 「米国の同盟国のために」となります。 米国政府(米国政府の主たる機能がWashingtonあることから)は災害に関して、援助費用としておおむね7千万ドルを提供することによってその同盟国をサポートをする姿勢を示してきました。

tokochika
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます^^

回答No.1

災害の際には、同盟国に対して7億ドルに値する援助を行い支援する、 と、ワシントン(アメリカ)は実証した。 for its ally は、「それ(アメリカ)の同盟国に対して」だと思います。

tokochika
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます♪

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

Due to his rare blood, his life has been insured for one million Australian dollars (approx. US$767,485) and he has been through a series of tests to help develop the vaccine. “They insured me for a million dollars so I knew my wife Barbara would be taken care of. I wasn’t scared. I was glad to help. I had to sign every form going and basically sign my life away,” he said. この文のgoingとsign my life awayの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 The awarding of the Games to Tokyo, the sprawling Japanese metropolis of 13 million people, is a welcome boost for the nation after the tsunami and nuclear disaster that laid waste to its northern Pacific coast two years ago.

• この文の for はなんと訳すべきですか

Every culture has its own attributes, which must be grasped in and for themselves . 上の文ですが、参考書の和訳では 「あらゆる文化が独自の属性を持っており、それ自体として理解されなければならない。」 とありました。 inについては Alcohol is a poison in itself. 「アルコールはそれ自体毒である。」 という文を丸暗記していたので、おそらく今回の文も同じように訳せばよいかと思いついたのですが、参考書の訳では in themselves の訳はありますが for themselves の訳が書かれていません。 この文の for はなんと訳したらよいのでしょうか。

• 和訳お願いします

和訳を教えてください。 please allow me to thank you for providing us with all your receipts and tickets, as this has allowed us to process this request quickly.

• a couch for the sunset

A haystack is so often an imposing part of the landscape, upon rare occasions even providing a couch for the sunset, that the mind does not readily associate it with mere food, which of course it is; but, in addition to its known uses, a haystack, when night has fallen, is often a lodging house. この文章の前半がよく解りません。夕陽が干し草の山の上に沈むということでしょうか?そういう風景がイメージにあるので知性は干し草の山を食料(動物の)とすぐには結びつかないが、実際はそうなのである。というように云っているのでしょうか? よろしくお教えください。

• 英語を和訳していただけますか? Villa has been name

英語を和訳していただけますか? Villa has been named a liable party・・・ 米国の会計の勉強をしています。問題集に下記の説明文がありました。 Villa has been named a liable party for toxic waste celanup on its land, and must pay an as-yet-undeterminated amount for environmental remediation activities. どうやら裁判沙汰で、有害ゴミの関係で金額は決定していないけど賠償金を払わなければならない状態のようですが、和訳ができません。 ○Villa has been named a liable party for・・・ 特にforの前の一文をどう訳せばいいか分かりかねます。 お手数ですが、英語に詳しい方教えてください。

• 和訳の添削をして下さい。

以下の和訳の添削をお願いします。 Of every ten new perfumes put on the market, perhaps only one will succeed. 市場に出ているようにされるあらゆる10個の新しい香水のうち、だいたいわずか1個は成功する。 It's risky to try, as a company introducing a new fragrance can easily run through a budget of 20 million dollars. それをためすことは、新しい香水を導入している会社が2000万ドルの予算を簡単に使い果たすことができるので危険だ。 Profits, however, can be very high. しかし、利益は非常に高くありえる。 One successful fragrance, CK One from designer Calvin Klein, made 250 million dollars in its first year. 1つの成功した香り、デザイナーCalvin KleinからのCK Oneは、その最初の年に2億5000万ドル儲けた。 In the perfume world, an essence is a material with its own special aroma. 香水の世界では、エキスはそれ自身の特別な香りによる材料だ。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・George could not resist practicing chopping on something with his new hatchet. ・George`s father loved him so much that he never got angry whatever George did. ・The story of George Washington is important to Americans mainly because of its moral message. ・Because of the story of George Washington, the cherry tree has a very important meaning for the Americans. ・The story of George Washington shows that children may well long for independence.

• 和訳をお願いします

シンガポールのIT会社(以下、ABC社)へ、システム保守について問合せを したところ、下記返答が来たのですが理解できず、翻訳ソフトにもかけて みたのですが、訳のわからない日本語が表示され、途方に暮れています。 当方、英語力が極めて乏しいため、どうか和訳のほど、よろしくお願いします。 "Release" means the initial version of ABC Software or an Upgrade version of ABC Software. "General Availability" During this period ABC makes a given Release and its Updates available to substantially all of its customers for both new deployments as well as expansion of existing deployments. "Expansion Availability" During this period ABC makes a given Release and its Updates available solely for the purposes of expanding the capacity of existing deployments. "Primary Support" means Services for a given Release that includes diagnosis and correction of all Errors. "Sustaining Support" means limited Services for a given Release that includes diagnosis and correction, by providing patches or work-arounds, of Critical and High Errors only. "Extended Support" means limited Services for a given Release that includes diagnosis and correction, by providing existing patches or work-arounds, of Critical and High Errors only.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

次の文章の和訳をお願いします。文中の terminated the bankruptcy の意味がつかめなくて困っています。 At that time the LIRR had already filed for bankruptcy reorganisation. The Pennsylvania Railroad (the then-owner of the L.I.R.R.) terminated the bankruptcy and began a 12 year improvement program at a cost of 58 million dollars. The L.I.R.R. was exempted from much of its tax burden and gained freedom to charge realistic fares. *L.I.R.R.…ロングアイランド鉄道