A Couch for the Sunset

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A haystack, although often seen as a part of the landscape, can also serve as a resting place for the sunset.
  • While a haystack may not be commonly associated with food, it is indeed used as livestock feed. However, it can also provide shelter as a lodging house at night.
  • The initial confusion about the haystack's role in the scenery is understandable, as it is not immediately recognized as a source of nourishment.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

a couch for the sunset

A haystack is so often an imposing part of the landscape, upon rare occasions even providing a couch for the sunset, that the mind does not readily associate it with mere food, which of course it is; but, in addition to its known uses, a haystack, when night has fallen, is often a lodging house. この文章の前半がよく解りません。夕陽が干し草の山の上に沈むということでしょうか?そういう風景がイメージにあるので知性は干し草の山を食料(動物の)とすぐには結びつかないが、実際はそうなのである。というように云っているのでしょうか? よろしくお教えください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

干し草の山はよく風景の印象的な部分となっていて、たまには夕焼け空を眺める際の長いす代わりにもなるくらいなので、頭では単なる飼料となかなか結びつけて考えられない、ということを言っているのではないでしょうか。

hiro_ga2_91
質問者

お礼

なるほど!そういうことでしたか。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします><

The criticism is often made that waching television is passive. This is true when it is compared with active recreations such as jogging or playing tennis. But watching TV is no more passive than obrerving a landscape,listening to music,or reading a book. Like reading a book,it is a withdrawal,but a withdrawal of a different kind. です!

• 過去分詞

I often hear it said that~ の、it said は どうして it is said that~ と受身にならないのでしょうか? 例えば、 I often hear it said that a few Japanese officials get money from large corporations. を  I often hear it is said that ~ と置き換えられないのでしょうか?

• 英文和訳です!かなり困ってます!

アメリカ人と日本人の違いを述べている文章なのですが、この一文がよくわかりません。 If an American is on a couch, he will often sit sideways and let one arm lie along the back of it, with his hand hanging limply from the wrist. 和訳をお願いします。 これは床に手をついてくつろいでいる体勢を述べているのですか? よろしくお願いします!

• タイトルから歌詞の和訳をお願いします

検索して出て来たのが変な日本語だったのでよろしくお願いします 曲名:Fallen Run for cover My sense of fear is running thin Undercover Just like a candle in the wind Tell everybody, tell everybody Brothers, sisters, the ending is coming We are fallen, we are fallen We are fallen, we are fallen Now we're just gonna ride it out Every morning I'm staring shadows in the eye Oh, good morning Will you just wait until I die? Tell everybody, tell everybody Brothers, sisters, the ending is coming We are fallen, we are fallen We are fallen, we are fallen Now we're just gonna ride it out I just want to take it in Even when your fire runs out Will you start it up again? We are fallen

• a goodの意味

高校の英語の教科書にある、次のa goodをどう訳したらいいのか分かりません、教えてくださいませんか。 Obvioously,it is important to know the price of something when you buy it. However, there are many things to consider in the total price of a good or service.(ココです。)Often, the price is not always immediately known.  a good じゃなくて、goods(商品)という語なら意味が通じると思うんですが、単数形だと善とか長所、等の意味しか辞書には見あたりません。適切な訳をお願いします。

• behaving in a way that makes it too long

以下の文の構造がよくわかりません。 Circumduction is often a patient response to a prosthesis that is too long, or behaving in a way that makes it too long. 1:itはprosthesisですよね。(実際に義足の長さが長いわけではないがそれと同じような現象が現れる) 2:behaveの主語はpatientですか。prosthesisですか。 もし、patientだとすると、patientの行為が義足の長さを長くするようなことになりおかしいです(というか、そういうケースもあるんですが、多くは義足自体に問題がある)。もし、prosthesisだとすると、どうしてitなんでしょう。itselfならわかりますが。

• 訳せません!【沈黙の春の一部】

レイチェル・カーソン著の沈黙の春の訳が宿題に出たのですが、話も知らないし文脈は長いしでどうしてもここから訳せなくなってしまいました…! この本を読んだことがある方、英語が得意な方、よろしければ日本語訳お願いします! one of the most tragic examples of our unthinking destruction of the landscape is to be seen in the sagebrush lands of the west, where a vast champion is on to destroy the sage and to substitute grasslands. if ever an enterprise should need to be illuminated with a sense of the history and meaning of the landscape, it is this. for here the natural landscape is eloquent of the interplay of forces that have created it. it is spread before us like the pages of an open book in which we can read why the land is what it is, and why we should preserve its wholeness. but the pages lie unread.

• 和訳をお願いします。

1,you musn’t stake your reputation on guaranteeing a man like that. 2,he’s being too friendly. he must be up to some kind of stratagem. 3.some corporate leaders of today will be the fallen angels of tomorrow. 4,the goverment says that it will sell all stocks in goverment-affiliated firms by the end of the fiscal 2013. 5,in order to sell as many home units as possible, builders in slow markets will often give hidden discounts. 6.minds, like bodies, will often sall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort.

• 複文に書き換える問題

おせわになります。 Sports are often said to be a good example. =It is said that ( )( ) a good example. sports is ?? sport is? sports are? 単数・複数どっちにしたらいいのか わかりません。 説明おねがいします。

• for which reasonも関係代名詞ですか

It also connotes sovereignty, for which reason, perhaps, "people" is often used instead of "nation" for groups subject to a colonial power. for which reasonの先行詞はIt also connotes sovereigntyという文全部でしょうか?(名詞節というか) For this reasonのような感覚でしょうか?書き直すと、, and for this reason...とandをつけて書くことになるのでしょうか。 またsubject to a colonial powerも関係代名詞だと思うのですが、これは先行詞はgroupsで合っていますよね?