• 締切済み

【高校英語】訳の添削お願いします。

自分なりに翻訳してみました。  意訳なので多少おかしなところがあると思いますが、その点は指摘していただけるとありがたいですが、明らかに違う場合や勘違いしているところを主に指摘していただきたいです。  お願いします。   A. During the voyage we did a lot of things to develop understandings and friendship among us. その航海の間、お互いをより理解して友好関係を深めるために多くのことをしました。 Discussion was held eight times in small group of 10 – 20 people.  ディベートは10人から20人の少人数グループで8回開催されました。 “Nation Presentation Day”, we introduced our home countries, was held twenty times.  “各国の紹介の日”では、私たちは自国について紹介しました。この活動は20回開催されました。 Also, we played games and sports. We sang songs almost every day.  また、遊びやスポーツもしました。私たちはほとんど毎日歌を歌いました。 B. I was a member of Discussion Committee, which consisted of 26 members from 13 countries.  私は13ヵ国、26人で構成されたディベート委員会のメンバーでした。 It was like a miniature United Nations. We organized the group and topics for the discussions.  まるで小さな国際連合のようだった。 私たちはグループやディベートのテーマをつくった。 C. After the first committee meeting, one member who seemed a little angry said, “The meeting was controlled by the people who speak English well.”  第1回ディベート実行委員会の打ち合わせのあと、少しい怒ったように一人のメンバーが『この打ち合わせは英語が上手な人によってコントロールされていた』といった。 Another member complained, “I felt that some members from developed countries looked down on the members from developing countries. How can we communicate with them?”  メンバーの一人が『先進国の人々の中には、葉店途上国の人々を見下しているように感じた。どうやって彼らとコミュニケーションをとったら良いんですか。』と不平を言った。 D. Before boarding the ship, I believed I could easily make friends with everyone from every country.  乗船する前、どんな国の出身の人とも簡単に友達になれると信じていました。 Now I was worried whether we could overcome our difficulties, understand one another, and become true friends.  今では、私たちの問題を乗り越えて、お互いに理解して、本当の友達になれるかどうかが心配です。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

回答No.1

全体によくできていて、文法的な間違いもほとんどないように思います。 ただ、discussion と debate は、普通、別のものなので、よほど特別な場合でなければ、 discussion を、一律、ディベートと訳すのは、問題がありそうです。 discussion は、普通に、議論することですが、debate は、スポーツのように 勝敗が決まる形の試合のようなものです。特に、AとBの対照的な立場が あらかじめ与えられていて、自分の持っている意見と関係なく、AかBの立場が 割り振られ、その立場に立って、議論する、という形式をとる場合がほとんど。 自分の考えを述べ合い、聞きあう、discussion とは別のものです。 >Also, we played games and sports. We sang songs almost every day. > また、遊びやスポーツもしました。私たちはほとんど毎日歌を歌いました。 細かい点ですが、play game は、ゲームをする、で問題なく、特に遊びをするにする理由はないと思います。 >A. During the voyage we did a lot of things to develop understandings and friendship among us. >その航海の間、お互いをより理解して友好関係を深めるために多くのことをしました。 これも細かい点で、何箇所かみられたのですが、これを代表選手に挙げておきます。 高校の英文解釈なら、間違いというようなレベルの話ではありませんが、翻訳としていえば、 英文からも、(「お互いを理解して」+「友好関係を深める」)ために、多くのことをしました。 ですし、理解しての「て」はない方がそれが伝わりやすい、というか、あると、 「理解して」+「多くのことをしました」のように伝わる可能性が出てきます。 ちょっと、そういう「て」が多いような気がしました。 それから、「だ・である」体と、「です・ます」体は、表現上の効果をねらって使う場合以外は、どちらかに統一してください。 こういうところまで書いてしまうのは、あまりツッコミどころがないからです^^

sui2011
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。  ディベートに関してはあまりはっきりした定義を知りませんでした。  ディスカッションと訳せばいいんですね。  訳す際に誤解を生まないように、もう少し言葉の定義をしっかり学ぶようにします。     日本語もわかりやすくできる工夫についても勉強していきたいと思います。  ありがとうございます<(_ _)>

関連するQ&A

• 添削してください

アメリカのキッチン討論?についての文章です。 On July 24, 1959, during the grand opening ceremony of the American National Exhibition in Moscow, Vice President Richard Nixon and Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev engage in a heated debate about capitalism and communism in the middle of a model kitchen set up for the fair. They held a public discussion comparing the technologies of the two powers. In the debate they discussed household items such as color televisions and in the process reviewed differences in ideology and the quality of life in both countries for the average citizen. ⇨On July 24, 1959, during the grand opening ceremony of the American National Exhibition in Moscow, Vice President Richard Nixon and Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev engage in a heated debate about capitalism and communism in the middle of a model kitchen set up for the fair. They held a public discussion comparing the technologies of the two powers. In the debate they discussed household items and in the process reviewed differences in ideology. ⇨以降を私なりに短くまとめてみたのですが、こちらの文を添削して欲しいです。 もし、もっと簡単にできるよ、などこの文は省いてもいいんじゃない?などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

We don't know for sure when a series of weights and measures based on accurate units appeared instead of the rough measurements of the earlies times.We know that the ancient Egyptians had such a system and that similar system were used in other ancient countries.Unfortunately, different regions adopted different measures.When the Romans established their empire, they decided to set up a series of units that would be the same all over the empire.As a result, many features of customary systems in use in modern times reflect the Roman system.For example, 'lb.' is short for the Latin libra or pound.

• 英語の並び替え問題

( concists/ wealthy / the world / just / of/ a few / countries) and many poor countries. If I had a million dollars, (over / the / I /all / world / would / travel). My uncle (more money / has twenty/ myfather /times / than). The new (the means/ President/ to end /had/povetry) in the country. (spent/ money/ three/ more/ was times) the construction of the bridge than was originally planned. よろしくお願いします>< できれば訳もつけてくださるとうれしいです・・・!!

• 添削お願いします。

I think my academic strength is perseverance and creativity. Because, I was in junior high school, I was a membar of valleyball club. It was hard club because it hardly a day off and over half member gave up. (厳しい部活で、休みもほとんどなく半分以上が辞めてしまいました) but I finished a club activity.  And, when I was in high school, I was a member of theatrical club. Then I made a drama, so I think I have perseverance and creativity. 長いのですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 訳の添削をお願いします。

お世話になっておりますm(uu)m なかなか長いのですが、よろしければ以下の文章の和訳が合っているか添削をお願いします; よろしくお願いします。 【以下、インタビュー記事の文章です】 Flying from countries to countries to see the people he wants to see(←見出しです) 彼を見たいが為に色々な国々からファンがやってくる。 Being in Taiwan, it’s not uncommon to see your friends who are good looking to enter the show biz. 台湾に(住んで)いるなら、芸能界に所属しているハンサムなあなたの友人に会うことは決して稀ではない。 As for Wu Chun who’s from Brunei, a country without entertainment, no film industries, no KTVs, entering the show biz was like entering into a different world. KTVsも映画産業も芸能界もないブルネイから来たウーズンにとって、芸能界で活躍する事は別の世界に入るようなものだった。 “Most Bruneians are business people and if I didn’t enter the show biz, I would be one too. 「大部分のブルネイ人は実業家です。芸能界に入らないならば、私もその一人だったでしょう。」 I asked him if entering the show biz was something that’s not to his father’s expectations. 私は芸能界に入ることが彼の父の期待にそわなかったのではないかと尋ねた。 “No, my dad never pressures me and he supports me in all my endeavors. He lets me do the things I want to do.” 「いいえ、父は私を決して押さえつけたりしません。父は私の尽力する事すべておいて、私を支えてくれています。私のしたいことをさせてくれているのです。」 To Wu Chun, a career in the show biz is the same as a career in managing his fitness zones in Brunei ?- except that he misses his family a lot when he’s in the show biz. ウーズンにとって芸能界でのキャリアは、ブルネイで経営するfitness zones でのキャリアと同じくらいですか?- 彼が芸能界に居る時、彼は家族との時間を大いに無くすことを除いて。 “The first 5 years, I spent too much time in the show biz and I have lost my mum and understand how important my family is. This is why I didn’t want to stay in Fahrenheit.” 「最初の5年間のあいだに、私はあまりにたくさんの時間を芸能活動に費やしてしまいました。母を失ってからと言うもの、家族がどれくらい(自分にとって)大切かを充分に理解したのです。だからこそフェイルンハイにとどまりたくないと考えたんです。」 This is contrary to many rumors how the Fahrenheit members do not get along and thus led Wu Chun to leave the group. これは多くの噂である、フェイルンのハイメンバー同士の仲が良くないが為にウーズンをグループから追い出したと言うゴシップとは反対でした。 To Wu Chun, being in the Fahrenheit group was a lot of responsibility because “It was a group, not just me. I can’t be selfish and sacrifice the others. But now, I am only responsible for myself.” ウーズンにとってフェイルンハイと言うグループの中に居て活動する事は多くの負担を伴うと言う事(と同じ)でした。「(フェイルンハイは)グループであって私自身ではありません。(当時は)自分できままに(何かをやるなんて)出来ませんでしたし、(他の何かについて)身を賭して捧げることも出来ませんでした。しかし今では自分自身の行動に責任を持ってさえいればそれでいいのです。」 Although he has left the group, Wu Chun still misses the times when he was still with the group. “I hope one day Fahrenheit can be reunited and I cherish the times when we all put in so much effort into the group.” ウーズンはグループを去りましたが、彼がまだグループに居た時の事をいまだに懐かしく感じています。「いつの日かフェイルンハイが再結成出来る事を願っています。そして私達がもてる力のすべてを注いだ(あの頃の)グループに戻れる日が来ることを心待ちにしているのです。」

• 英語訳の添削をお願い致します。

外国の方へ向けて発信するメッセージです。 おかしい所があれば教えて下さい。 日本の地震の事について少しここで伝えさせて下さい。 Let me tell you a little about the earthquake in Japan. 3月11日に発生した地震で日本では死者・行方不明者併せて2万人を超えました。 The number of deceased and missing persons caused by the earthquake which took place on March 11 is over 20,000 in Japan. その中には自分以外全ての家族が亡くなった小学生がいます。 There is an elementary school pupil who lost his entire family. 愛する妻と生まれたばかりの我が子が火事で亡くなった男性が居ます。 There is a man who lost his beloved wife and his newly born baby with a fire. 長年連れ添った夫が車ごと津波に連れ去られた女性が居ます。 There is a woman whose husband of many years was swept away by tsunami with his car. 自分が見ている前で妻が津波に連れ去られた男性が居ます。 There is a man whose wife was taken away by tsunami in front of his very eyes. そして、地震の影響で計画的な停電が行われた為 信号機が機能せず 事故で亡くなった男性が居ます。 And there is a man who was killed by a car accident because of a nonfunctioning traffic light due to a planned blackout to save the electricity which was affected by the earthquake. また原子力発電所でも多くの問題があり、被爆の可能性が高い中作業している人々が居ます。 Or the nuclear power plants have so many problems that there are some who are obliged to work in the area where they could be exposed to radiation with higher possibility. 多くの日本人は悪夢を見ている様だと話します。私もその1人です。 Many Japanese say that it's like a nightmare. And I'm one of them. 本当にここが日本なのか?と思う程の惨状です。 Are we really in Japan? One may wonder now in this tragedy. 日本人の私が日本への支援を呼び掛ける事で不快な思いをする方が居るかもしれません。 Because I'm a Japanese, there may be some who feel discomfort that I should call for supports from other countries to Japan. 外国の方に頼るだけでなく、私たち日本人も復興に向けて協力して頑張ります。 We Japanese will not just depend on other countries, but will do our best to rebuild our country. だから、もし宜しければ日本が復興する為の手助けをして下さい。 So please give us your helping hands. 危険をかえりみず救助活動をしている米軍はじめ各国の救助隊の方に感謝します。 I am so grateful to the US Army and rescue teams from other countries to risk their lives to save the victims.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 経済学英語の訳・・・

各国における、ざいせい再建. (1)We consider a sample of 15 countries. (2)Our definition of “government” is general government, as defined by the country which is our data source. (3)We have 600 usable obsenations. (4)We have excluded all the country-years for which a complete set of data needed for our tests was not available. (2)~(4)がわかりません・・・ どなたか教えてください。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

After the fall of the Roman Empire, there was great confusion again.Each region developed its own system of weights and measures. The foot,which was one of the earliest units, is believed to have had as many as 280variations in Europe as late as the eighteenh century.It was not until toward the end of the eighteenh century that a really scientific system of weights and measures was set up.A group of French scientists chose as their unit of length the ten-millionth part of an imaginary line running through Paris from the Equator to the North Pole. After careful measurements, they worked out the length of this unit, which was given the name 'meter' derived from the Greek metron, meaning 'a measure.' The use of the metric system by other nations increased, and today the metric system is quite generally accepted worldwide as the best system of weights and measures that the world has ever had.

• 英語添削お願いします。

【依頼内容】英訳と添削をお願い致します。 久しぶりに英訳に挑戦したんですが、あまり自信がありません。 何かアドバイスをもらえるとうれしいです。 辛口なのは辞めてください。 <日本語訳> 先週の火曜日に私は清水寺に行った。 寺の周辺は学生の観光客でいっぱいだった。 私は本堂から見える景色を何枚も写真を撮った。 清水寺から見える景色はとてもきれいなものだった。 まだ紅葉は残っていた。 私は仕事を得るために何度も手を合わせ、お守りも購入した。 今年は厄年なので来年よい年でありたい。 帰りはお土産に八橋を買いました。 <English> Last Tuesday, I went to the Kiyomizu temple . It was full of tourist of high school students for sightseeing around there. I took some pictures of scene from the main hall. It was beautiful!! The autumn color of leaves were still remaining. I prayed for getting job many times, and bought a good-luck charm. I hope to be a happy life next year this is because it was unlucky this year for me. Finally, I bought a famous Kyoto style sweet “Yatuhashi” for my families.