How to say 'That's mutual!' in English?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In English, you can say 'That's mutual!' to express the same sentiment as 'それはお互い様だよ!' in Japanese.
  • Other possible translations include 'You're a coward!' and 'Then you're another!' to convey a similar meaning.
  • One more option is 'It takes one to know one!' which implies that the person is also behaving in a similar way.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

「それはお互い様だよ!」を英語で言うと?

「日本の文化は奇妙に思える」 「それはお互い様だよ!(こちらからすればあなたの文化が奇妙に思える)」 というときの言い方を知りたいです。 ググってみたところ、 「あんたなんてひきょう者じゃない」You're a coward! 「お互いさまよ」Then you're another!(あんたこそ!)や、 It takes one to know one!(自分がそうだからわかるんでしょ) http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/kyoiku/learning/english/20041203us01.htm というのを見つけたのですが、もっと汎用性のある言い方はないものでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • caesar-x
  • ベストアンサー率48% (101/208)
回答No.2

「Right back at ~.」 「Same to(about)~.」 「I can say the same to ~.」 私からすれば、~は同じように○だといえる、みたいなことでしょう。 あとどっちも変(ダメの意味)みたいにするなら、「~ cancel each other」

paraspor
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 Same to ~が使いやすそうなのと、4つも例を挙げてくださったのでベストアンサーに選ばせていただきます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

>「日本の文化は奇妙に思える」 「それはお互い様だよ!(こちらからすればあなたの文化が奇妙に思える)」 "So to your culture!" "American culture is weird, too."

paraspor
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• root_16
  • ベストアンサー率32% (674/2096)
回答No.3

Same to you. 同じことがあんたにも言える(お互い様)とか? その内容ならNot strange. Unique.で返してもいいと思うけど。

paraspor
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 次回このようなシチュエーションではSame to youと言ってみたいと思います。

回答No.1

same,same! と言うのを映画で見ましたが。

paraspor
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語でわからにところがあります

メールをもらってほとんど自力で解読しましたが わからない(調べても)箇所があります お願いします。 (1)I know you could it. がんばってねという意味であっていますでしょうか? (2)I know I told you about my last, well I got ANOTHER one!! I told you=前にいいましたが まではわかりましたが後がわかりません (3)I don't like summer, but I'm not reary for such cold weather either. (4)I dont't know if mentioned this my last email, この後は だけどわたしは冬休みは00へ行くつもりです。と続いています。

• この英語を訳してほしいです...(T_T)

この英語を訳してほしいです...(T_T) I am very fine too. You're welcome and thank you. I say you, i progressed with Japanese ^-^ ○○(名前) i want you as a Great Friend!!! I wait what you don't take to bad my ultimate word I wish one day I can get to know you 訳せそうで訳せませんでした(T_T) 翻訳機でやっても、意味不な和訳になります... 助けてぇw

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

A: Do you think the you can take the them? B: Are you kidding me? Totally. And I'd just be like, ”Tom, sit down and make me a cup of tea." So yeah, I think we can definitely take the them. There're like 6 of them. And a 100000 of us. Cause we are a family and they are just a team.

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

道に迷った女性に英語で道を聞かれた、男性が言ったせりふです。 I'm sorry I can't understand English at all. Hey, you never know. Next time you're over, maybe I'll have learned a bit of English for you. "Nest time you're over" の意味がわかりません。「今度来たときには」なのかなと推測はできますが。 わかるかたがいらっしゃったら、解説していただけませんか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の対話文

次の対話文の空所に入れる文として適当なものはどれですか? (in a bookstore) A: I’m looking for an English dictionary.There are a lot of dictionaries here. I can’t choose. B: ( ) A: Yes,I do. I have one for beginners. B: Then, how about this one? (1) Are you a beginner of English? (2)What kind of dictionary do you want? (3)Do you learn another language? (4)Do you already have any English dictionaries?

• 詞が把握出来なくて困っています。英語の得意な方、英詞の翻訳

詞が把握出来なくて困っています。英語の得意な方、英詞の翻訳 お願いいたします。 Oh They tell me That in to each life Some rain has sure gatta fall They tell me He that every body Has sure nuff cried some time It know if some rain If some rain has gat fall Oh every body And I've had enough rain in my life And I'm sure glad like that I've got a little love around me To keep the rain off mine And I believe this And I believe because On the other night Tell lay sleeping I keep I held you I held you in my arms But when I woke up And found out I was mistaken You know that I,hung my Hung my he head and cried You are my sunshin You sure make me happy baby Oh when the sky'a are agray And you'll never know How much I need you I don't wont to take my sunshine You told me once you did that you really love me And no one else could ever come between But now you're thinking about leaving me For another Leaving if you do you know you're gonna shatter Everyone my dream Becouse baby! you're my sunshain You sure make me good and happy Oh when the sky's are agrey And you never know how much I need you I don't wan't to take my Baby don't take my You promise me that you never leave me You are gona might good light Don't never take it away

• この英語コメントの意味は?

外国人が外国人向けに作った英語の日本文化紹介ビデオに、以下の英語コメントがありました。(ヒデオは誰かがそれに中国語のキャプションをつけて中国のビデオサイトに投稿したもののようでした) Hah, a video about Japanese culture narrated in English, with Chinese subtitles. このコメントに対して19人がイイネをつけていましたので、共感する人が結構いるということだと思います。 これは、英語のナレーションのついた日本文化紹介ビデオにはうんざりだ、という意味でしょうか? これに対してこんなレスがついていました。 Well, who do you think this is for? Isn't it to educate other countries & people, about the customs & traditions of Japan? Of course they're going to narrate in other languages, especially English. Do you think the majority of people learning from this, are the Japanese people themselves? They already know this stuff! Don't you think the educational videos about each country, is narrated in the language of the country that's watching it? American videos in France, are narrated in French! このレスを見て、最初のコメントはそういう意味なのかなあ、と思ったわけなのですが、そんなに英語ナレ付きの日本文化紹介ビデオがたくさんあるとも思えず、質問させていただいた次第です。

• 英語の添削をしてください。4行です。

英語の添削をしてください。 Please keep in mind that I'm not English enough. I try writing in English. But kindly let me know soon if you do not understand what I wrote. I try to re-write it correct in the next mail.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Nice to hear from you! Thank you for your tips for the hostels. I have a (strange) question for you. Is it possible to sleep with you for one or two nights? Tomorrow we are leaving Kyoto by bike and I don't know which hostel to choose. Maybe you're open to keep us one or two nights in our house so we can have some time to search for a good hostel? If you don't feel comfortable with you, just say that and we can find a hostel today.

• 和訳

和訳をお願いします。 Hi Keith! Happy you're OK. I'll let Zalia know you're OK. Take care, have fun and God keep you safe and well. Miss your mug. Love, Sis, Jan この文で Miss your mug とSisをどう訳したらいいのでしょうか?