• 締切済み

以下の英文を和訳しています。

以下の英文を和訳しています。 国連で働いていた緒方貞子氏のことを記述しています。 「not content~」から うまく訳せません。 お手伝い下さい。 But one woman Ogata Sadako,sent most of the 1990s as UNHCR. It was a difficult job,but she brought a patient and hard-working spirit to the post. Not content to sit behind a desk,she is known for her belief in seeing a situation firsthand.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

しかしながら、1990年代の大半を、国連難民高等弁務官としてその任務を遂行した、緒方貞子という一人の女性の存在があった。 職務は困難を極めたが、刻苦勉励でもって職責に臨んだ。 彼女は事務所の椅子にへばり付いている事には決して満足せず、「直に状況を視察する」という信念の人として知られることとなる。 (She was)not content to~ (彼女は)~に満足しなかった http://eow.alc.co.jp/content/UTF-8/?ref=sa ご参考頂けたら。

umikaze39
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 「not content to ~」の前にShe was  が省略されていることに 気付きませんでした。 解ると楽しくなりますね ありがとうございました。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Not content to sit behind a desk, she is known for her belief in seeing a situation firsthand. be not content to ... は、「・・・に満足しない」 sit behind a desk は、「机の後ろに坐る」 従って、「デスクワークだけにとどまることを嫌って、まず現場を見るということを信条としていたことで知られる人である」 などと訳せると思います。

umikaze39
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 直訳ではなく、一層日本語的表現になってきました。 前後の文章も繋がりました。 助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします!!

In almost every TV show about an emergency room you probably see an ambulance screeching to a stop with its lights flashing , a gurney being rushed through the corridors and emergency staff racing against time to save a person's kife with only seconds to spare. This scene is possible and occasionally happends , but most of he cases that a typical emergency department sees aren't so dramatic. Let's look at how an ordinary case goes through the normal flow of an emergency room. When patients arrive at the Emergency Department , they go to triage first. In triage , each patient's condition is prioritized , typically by a nurse. She puts the patient into one of three general categories. The categories are: ・Immediately life-threatening ・Urgent , but not immediately life-threatening ・Less urgent Categorizing patients is necessary so that someone with a life-threatening condition doesn't have to wait to get care. The triage nurse records the vital sugns (temperature , pulse , respiratory rate , and blood pressure). She also takes a brief history of the patient's current medical complaints , past medical problems , medications and allergies. From this information , the nurse can decide which triage category is suitable. Registration is the next stage in the ER process. A TV show rarely lets us see this part. It's not exciting , but it is very important. This is where the hospital collexts the patient's personal details and insurance information. Registration is needed to create a clear medical record so that the patient's medical history , lab tests , X-rays , etc. , will all be put on his or her medical chart. That chart can then be checked by doctors , nurses and other medical staff when necessary. Also , this information will be important for creating the hospital bill. If the patient has a life-threatening situation or arrives by ambulance , the registration stage might be done later at the beside. Finally , the patient comes to the exam room. The nurse has the person put on a patient gown so that an examination can be done properly. She might also collect a urine specimen at this time. After the nurse's tasks are fished , the emergency-medicine physician meets with the patient. The physician asks questions t create a more detailed medical history about the present illness , past medical problems , family history , social history , and also takes a close look at all the patient's physical systems. The physician then formulates a list of possible causes of the patient's symptoms. This is called a differential diagnosis. The most likely diagnosis is then determined by th patient's symptoms and the physical examination. If this stage is not enough to create a clear diagnosis , then further diagnostic testa are done.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします!!

In almost every TV show about an emergency room you probably see an ambulance screeching to a stop with its lights flashing , a gurney being rushed through the corridors and emergency staff racing against time to save a person's kife with only seconds to spare. This scene is possible and occasionally happends , but most of he cases that a typical emergency department sees aren't so dramatic. Let's look at how an ordinary case goes through the normal flow of an emergency room. When patients arrive at the Emergency Department , they go to triage first. In triage , each patient's condition is prioritized , typically by a nurse. She puts the patient into one of three general categories. The categories are: ・Immediately life-threatening ・Urgent , but not immediately life-threatening ・Less urgent Categorizing patients is necessary so that someone with a life-threatening condition doesn't have to wait to get care. The triage nurse records the vital sugns (temperature , pulse , respiratory rate , and blood pressure). She also takes a brief history of the patient's current medical complaints , past medical problems , medications and allergies. From this information , the nurse can decide which triage category is suitable. Registration is the next stage in the ER process. A TV show rarely lets us see this part. It's not exciting , but it is very important. This is where the hospital collexts the patient's personal details and insurance information. Registration is needed to create a clear medical record so that the patient's medical history , lab tests , X-rays , etc. , will all be put on his or her medical chart. That chart can then be checked by doctors , nurses and other medical staff when necessary. Also , this information will be important for creating the hospital bill. If the patient has a life-threatening situation or arrives by ambulance , the registration stage might be done later at the beside. Finally , the patient comes to the exam room. The nurse has the person put on a patient gown so that an examination can be done properly. She might also collect a urine specimen at this time. After the nurse's tasks are fished , the emergency-medicine physician meets with the patient. The physician asks questions t create a more detailed medical history about the present illness , past medical problems , family history , social history , and also takes a close look at all the patient's physical systems. The physician then formulates a list of possible causes of the patient's symptoms. This is called a differential diagnosis. The most likely diagnosis is then determined by th patient's symptoms and the physical examination. If this stage is not enough to create a clear diagnosis , then further diagnostic testa are done.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Venus rules your seventh house and was in Virgo. This means you will set you heart on your soul mate, you will marry him for love. Virgo can be extreme, either very virginal or very passionate, and usually both, because their love is given totally and completely, mind body and spirit, but to only to one much idealized person. In love you are patient, devoted, choosy, and with high morals, or a natural detachment, an emotional self control that is not conducive to relationships.

• 英文和訳です

Dr. Frank Guenther is a cognitive neuroscientist who studies speech production, speech perception, and sensory-motor control. He and his team helped a completely paralyzed but conscious patient communicate with the use of brain sensors. First, the researchers watched the patient’s brain activity by using functional MRI (fMRI) as he tried to say certain vowels. Next, they implanted an electrode into the part of the man’s brain that deals with speech production. The electrode can sense brain activity very quickly and transmit it instantaneously to a machine that can show which vowels the patient is thinking about. After more vowels and consonants are added to the list of understood letters, it is hoped that the patient will be able to communicate whole words to the researchers. Other projects have used electrodes to allow a paralyzed person to move a robotic arm, but this is the first project to have a specifically designed brain-computer interface for speech. A future patient may have additional electrodes implanted so that more information can be transmitted from the speech-production area of the brain to the researchers, leading to deeper communication. よろしくお願いします^^;

• 英文の翻訳をよろしくお願いします!

No one loves the mosquito. But the mosquito may decide that she loves you. She? Yes, she. If the mosquito were not a female, it would not need to bite you. The female mosquito bites, not because she's unfriendly, but because she needs blood to lay eggs.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします。

下記はある日記形式の本からの抜粋です。第三段落のwe will not get to wear uniformsを「意志」で訳したらよいか「予測」で訳したらよいか今ひとつわかりません。その一文の和訳をお願いいたします。 I'm spitting mad.Not only is Mama training to be a nurse, but so are Olga and Tatiana. But not Mashka and me. No! We are too young! ※Olga、Tatiana、Mashkaと「私」は姉妹です(年齢順に記載しました)。OlgaとTatianaは"the Big Pair"、Mashkaと「私」は"the Little Pair"と呼ばれています。 Mashka is so good, always so sweet about everything, and she has tried to make me feel better about being left out. "At least it's both of us, the Little Pair," she said, and then suggested that maybe we could find other good work to do for the soldiers. She's such an angel, I'm not sure we're truly sisters. Mama says indeed we can be of great help, we can visit the sick and injured. But - we will not get to wear uniforms, and I did so much want to. お手数かけますが、ご教授の程宜しくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします

Is it easy and enjoyable to sit or lay around and come up with things to nag, prod or goad? My day consist of wanting to get up and looking forward to having a better day than the day before. Wanting to hang on and try and blame, accuse me for something I did not do and not see any fault in what your misguided reaction was is beyond belief and wrong on so many levels! Hang onto the anger, keep trying to make me the bad guy I on the other hand will not entertain it.

• 次の英文を和訳してください

The organization was paying for computer projects at universities all over the USA. But Bob Taylor was not happy with the results. He went to see his boss, Charlie Herzfeld. Charlie, we have a problem, he said. What is that? Herzfeld asked. We are throwing money away, said Taylor. We are paying different people all over the USA to do exactly the same study. What is wrong with them ? shouted Herzfeld, who had a strong Austrian accent and scared many of the people who woreked for him. Dont not they go to meetings? We pay for them to go to meetings. Why do not they just tell each other what they are doing? No, Charlie, that is not the problems, explained Taylor. Of course our people talk to each other. The trouble is that their computers do not. Their computers do not talk? What do you mean? asked Herzfeld. Well, look at my office. I have got connections there to all of our biggest computers. But if I want to communicate with the people at Santa Monica, I have to sit down at one machine. And if I want to talk to the computer at Berkeley, I have to get up from that machine, go over and sit at another one, and use a completely diffrent computer language.

• 以下の英文を訳してくださいませんか?

以下の英文の訳をよろしくお願いします。 The speaker started to say '...is to take issues...', realised that this is an ambiguous phrase and then corrected him/herself by continuing 'it's taken...' (= it has taken)...'and 'it's used...' I see why you might think this is a passive - and if 'it's' = 'it is' you'd be right. But 'it's' can also mean 'it has'. Link to this forum: I don't undrestand the interview... Report message2 Message 3, in reply to message 1. Posted by Robert (U2283314) on Saturday, 9th April 2011 (6 Hours Ago) Well, I'm not an expert, but I see nothing here but present perfect tense. Maybe he/she is talking about a legislature or Parliament. "It's taken issues that apply to everybody (how about the 'federal funds rate' as set by the BoE) and it's used this convention to heighten those things."

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

I am cat というお話の一部なのですが、、、 この部分の和訳が分かりません。 教えてください。。。 She takes me to the Pet Beauty Clinic once a week for a bath we have togaes that we use to lick ourselves and keep ourselves clean? I do not like the flea powder she puts on me. It smells awful and I think it might cause skin cancer. Eva thinks she knows what kind of fool I like,though she actyally does not know my tastes at all. She feeds me cat food and puts it in a silver dish. But all I want is some day-old fish that stinks,And alittle water. Thats all. Is that asking too much? Once time I managed to get out of the house. Did I have a good time! I ran around with some other cats in the neighboehood. We ate garbage and chased a dog. I even caught a bird. Good fun. But when I returned home,Eva went crazy. She was so angey. She took me to the Pet Beauty Clinic for a bath and shampoo, even tjough I had been there the day before. She even wants to have me buried next to her! I won't be free of her even when I am dead. What a life! 以上です。回答お願いします。