• ベストアンサー

訳と簡単な解説をお願いします

訳と簡単な解説をお願いします 1. 話し手がサメだと思われる物を見て言っている言葉です The fish was way bigger than the dolphins. wayの部分の意味が解りません 2. Jack was so scared that he wasn't tired at all. 3. plain as plain can be. おそらく牡蠣の事を説明している文だと思います よろしくお願いします

noname#122828
noname#122828
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.1

1、way は協調で「はるかに」みたいな感じ 2、ジャックはとても怖がり全く疲れることはなかった(全く疲れないほど/疲れが吹っ飛ぶほど怖がった)直訳です。 3、これは「火を見るよりも明らか」というような意味だと思います。 (as) .... as ....can be で「最高に~だ」ですから。

noname#122828
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございました

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1.下記の副詞の2の意味「はるかに」「ずっと」「かなり」です。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/proprietary/UTF-8/ 2。「ジャックは、大変怖がっていたので、全然疲れていなかった。  so that 「あまりにも」なので、、、の構文 3。「これ以上明らかと言えないほど明か」、「分かり切っていること」、「極めてはっきりと」、「歴然と(見える)」  as as の構文「できるだけ(はっきりと)」下記をご覧下さい。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/as+plain+as/UTF-8/

noname#122828
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• 中学英文法

(1) As she was very tired,she decided not to go swimming. He stayed home all day because it was reinning. Asとbecauseは理由をあらわしますが、(~なので、~だから) 使い分けがあるのでしょうか? それとも全く同じと考えていいのでしょうか? (2)Althoughとthoughの使い分け 両方とも訳は(~けれども)と書いてあるので(1)のように悩んでいます。 (3)琵琶湖はすべての日本の湖の中で一番大きい。 Lake Biwa is bigger than all lakes of Japan. Lake Biwa is bigger than lakes in Japan "すべての日本の湖" この部分の英語がわかりません。  どなたか詳しい方よろしくお願いします。

• 比較「asやthan以降」について

比較のasやthanの後について、疑問に思っていて、 ほかの質問を見ていると以下のことがわかりました。 (1)He is as kind as I am./He is kinder than I am. (2)= He is as kind as I./He is kinder than I. (3)= He is as kind as me./He is kinder than me. これは(1)のamを省略できて、その形が(2)、 また(3)のようにasやthanの後に目的格をおく場合もある。 (4)He runs as fast as I run. (5)= He runs as fast as I do. (6)= He runs as fast as I./He runs as fast as me. こっちは(4)のrunの重複を避けて(5)になり、 (6)のような省略した形を用いることもある。 まず、ここまでの私の理解は間違っていませんか…? そしたら、この法則にあてはめて、 以下の■の横の文(私の参考書から引っ張り出した例文です)は、 それは●の横の文(私が考えた文です)と、 イコールであるという考えになると思うんですが、 正しいのでしょうか?? (7) ■My sister is as tall as you are. ●My sister is as tall as you. (私の姉と私は同じくらいの身長だ) (8) ■This box is as big as that. ●This box is as big as that is. ●This box is as big as that box is. ●This box is as big as that box. (この箱はあの箱と同じくらいの大きさだ) (9) ■You have as many CDs as I do. ●You have as many CDs as me. ●You have as many CDs as I. (あなたは私と同じ数のCDを持っている) (10) ■Tom can swim as fast as I can. ●Tom can swim as fast as I can swim. ●Tom can swim as fast as I. ●Tom can swim as fast as me. (トムは私が泳ぐのと同じ速さで泳ぐ) (11) ■Your room is as big as mine. ●Your room is as big as mine is. ●Your room is as big as my room is. ●Your room is as big as my room. (あなたの部屋は私の部屋の同じくらいの大きさだ) (12) ■This fish is bigger than that. ●This fish is bigger than that is. ●This fish is bigger than that fish is. ●This fish is bigger than that fish. (このサカナはあのサカナよりも大きい) 一つ一つの疑問を文字にして質問するより まとめて色んなパターンの例文をあげて質問した方が 見やすいと思ったのですが かなりの数になってしまいました…。 これだけ納得できれば安心できると思います…。 皆様お忙しい中、本当に申し訳ないのですが、 どうかご回答よろしくお願い致します…。

• 鮫の記事について質問

ある記事の最後の文章の理解が今一で困っています。 It seems these days that it is human beings who are dangerous to sharks rather than the other way around. という文章です。この文章の前には「鮫の体は、食料・革製品・宝石・薬・化粧品などいろいろな産業に使われていて、年間かなりの頭数が捕獲されている。このまま行くと鮫は絶滅してしまう恐れがあり、小魚の量が増えて海の生態系のバランスが崩れる。」というようなことが書いてありました。 この文章が記事の最後の文章です。 私としては「最近では、人間の方がむしろ他の…より鮫に危険を及ぼしているようである。」とまで訳せましたが、最後のthe other way aroundの意味がよくわかりません。 ちなみにこの文章の直前の文章は、 In particular, a large decrease in the number of sharks will damage the balance between differnt kinds of fish in the sea. Sharks eat smaller fish, so they help keep the number of fish at ideal levels. です。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を見てください。

タイトルが同じものがあるのは、書ききれなかったのでもう1つ投稿しました。訳はこれでよろしいでしょうか。 Although South London is much bigger than North London, most people want to live in North London because it has much better shops, entertainment and public transport. There is another way of looking at London. There are the East End and the West End. The East End was near where the Thames met the sea, and so most docks and factories were there. It was the working part of London. The West End was where the richer people lived. 南ロンドンは北ロンドンよりもはるかに大きいが、北ロンドンには南ロンドンよりも多くの店や娯楽施設があり、公共輸送機関もあることから、人々は北ロンドンに住みたいと思っている。もう1つ別の点でロンドンを見れます。それは、東の端と西の端です。東の端では、テムズ川と海が合流しており、更に多くの船の荷役や工場があります。それはロンドンという働く場所でした。西の端では、金持ちの人が住んでいました。 お願いします。もう1つ投稿します。

• 以下の英文で訳で変な部分があったら教えてください。

自分なりに、訳してみた英文なんですが、なんだかシックリきません。 整形の話なのですがどなたか訳でここはこうした方がいい、ここの訳は間違ってる等ありましたら教えてください。お願いします。 (前略) A: I hated my big nose. Kids teased me about it when I was little. Guys looked at me funny. 大きい鼻を憎みました。幼い頃からかわれました。 B: It wasn’t that bad. That’s the way you were meant to be , don’t you think? あなたの鼻は変ではない。それはあなたの一部だと思わない? A: It was that bad. I feel like this is the way I was meant to look. And thanks to a little operation now I can really be me. とても変。少しの整形のおかげで私は本当に私でありえます。 B: Well, suit yourself. I suppose. It’s your nose, after all. そうですか私はかまいません。結局、それはあなたの鼻です。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

And I was trying to tell you why it is a reason for things to happen in a certain way if we can show that that way has more ways of happening than some other way.

• 高校英語 受動態に書き換え・和訳

クリックありがとうございます(∩´∀`)∩ ★受動態に書き換えよ (1)No student could solve the problem.  →The problem couldn't be solved by any student. (2)Can we regard whales as fish?  →Can be whales regarded as fish? ★助動詞を用いて受動態にせよ (3)Show me your book.  →Your book should be showed me. (4)The robber has been lost sight of by the police.  (???) ★次の文を2通りの受動態に書き換えよ (5)Nobody took any notice of the fact.  ・The fact wasn't taken notice of.  ・Any notice was taken of the fact by nobody.? 以上の問題について回答よろしくお願いいたします。

• 17-4日本語訳

お願いします。  All that is amazing enough.What is even more amazing is that a poem he wrote when he was not much more than a teenager explains all that he knew and learned without a single number,equation,or diagram.Aryabhate wanted his information to be easy to remember.So he put all the numbers into a code of letters and combinations of letters,which he explains at the beginning of the poem,called the Aryabhatiyam.Then,in 121 verses,he explains the way the planets move in the sky better than anyone else would for 1,000 years.For Aryabhate,astronomy was a way of understanding the deities.As he wrote,“One who knows these verses,one who knows the movements of planets and celestial spheres,goes much beyond them and attains the absolute Brahman.”  At first,people learned his poem and passed it on without writing it down.The fact that it wasn't written down at first may be one reason we still have it.Insects and mildew destroyed Indian manuscripts,which were written on birch bark or palm leaves,very quickly.  Oddly,Aryabhate seems not to have known about India's biggest contribution to math and science,although his students did.What is it? Zero.You know-nothing.Believe it or not,no one had ever considered zero a number before.Had that ever messed up their arithmetic!  If the number zero is nothing,why is it such a big deal? Because by using the number zero,people can write numbers in columns,which makes adding,subtracting,and especially multiplying and dividing much easier.

• 日本語訳をお願いします 3

お願いします!! 続き Have you ever met someone who looks totally ordinary,but turns out to have a really interesting life? Maybe she plays in a rock band.Or he designs theme park rides.The people of the Indus civilization left no great monuments behind.But that's because they were too busy making a good life for themselves,lives whose richness was in the living,not the stuff they left behind.It wasn't until the early 1920s that archaeologists realized that there might be more in the mounds of crumbling brick than met the eye.And so,30 years after Sir Alexander Cunningham's death in 1893,archaeologists finally rediscovered the great city nf Harappa. Harappa was built on a low ridge between the Ravi and Satluj Rivers.It was a good location for a city.The land was fertile and villagers could hunt for animals and gather wood for fuel in the ndarby forests.The rivers kept the fields around the city well watered,and the mud from floods made the land fertile.Lakes full of fish sparkled in the distance.Traveling merchants liked to stop in Harappa,where they could get a good meal and a snug bed safe behind the mud-brick city walls. As it happens,Harappa's city walls are as mysterious as its script,the signs and symbols Cunningham found on the stone seal.Building and taking care of town walls must have been expensive and complicated.The earliest city wall at Harappa was 8 feet wide (2.5 meters) and may have stood more than 13 feet (4 meters) high.Archaeologists have added up the work hours required to dig the clay,shape and dry the mud bricks,mix the mortar that joined the bricks together,bring materials to the site by oxcart,and then actually build the wall.They estimate that it would have taken more than 500 people a full three months to construct a city wall when Harappa was still a small city.The city walls must have been very important-but why?

• 英語がご堪能な方FBコメントの英文添削/長文

FBコメントの英文添削をお願いします。掲載した写真を見て、My friend がコメントしてくれました。My answerの英文を添削してください。どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。 ・娘が骸骨の人形と一緒に写っている写真を見て My friend: Wasn't she afraid ? she's really a female version of your hubby. My answer: No, she wasn’t afraid because she still doesn’t know a skeleton. Most of my friends who know my hubby say the same thing as you, but my parents and sisters say she looks like me than my husband. 訳)いいえ、彼女は未だ骸骨を知らないので怖がりませんでした。主人を知ってる友達の殆どは、娘は主人にとあなたと同じような事を言いますが、私の両親と妹たちだけは、私似と言ってくれます。 ・私が娘を(抱っこ紐を使って)抱っこしている写真を見て My friend: Does she like to be carried that way? when xxx was at her age, she hated it... My answer: Yes, she does. She can sleep more easily when she is carried that way than she is in her stroller. 訳)はい。彼女はこの方法で抱っこされている時、ベビーカーで寝ているときよりも簡単に寝てくれます。 どうも有り難うございました。英語の勉強、頑張ります!