• ベストアンサー

詩の和訳です

家のトイレに貼ってあるポスターの英文詩についての質問です。 写真には菊に似た黄色い花がたくさん映っています。 その写真に下記の英文詩があります。 beautiful weeds spring children stand in single file yellow caps in hand この詩でのchildrenは花びらのことかな?と思いますが 3行目の解釈がわからず気になっています。 どなたか解説よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

こんにちは、 詩の訳は難しいのですが、 weeds雑草 spring(自動詞)植物などが突然成長する、または芽を出す caps in hand:欧米文化では、帽子を被っていて、目上の人に出会ったら、帽子を取って挨拶しますよね(昔の洋画なんかでは)。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/CAP+IN+HAND/UTF-8/ 以上をまとめて、下手な訳ですが、 急に成長するきれいなな雑草 一列に立つ子供達 うやうやしく黄色い帽子を手に持ち敬意を表す >この詩でのchildrenは花びらのことかな?と思いますが ご想像の通り、花を擬人化させているものと思われます。 要するに、 解釈(1)「昨日まで存在すら気が付かなかった雑草が成長して美しい花を咲かせた。 なんという速い成長であろうか! (赤子から)突然に礼儀正しく挨拶する青年になっておる。」 yellow caps in hand はもしかしたら、作者が花壇の水遣りをしていて、存在自体気が付かなかった育てるつもりの無い雑草を育ててしまい、出てきた雑草が「ありがとうございました。 と、帽子を手にとって敬意を表している」の意味かも知れません。 だとすると、 解釈(2):「昨日まで存在すら気が付かなかった雑草が成長して美しい花を咲かせた。この花を見ていると、青年が黄色い帽子を手にとって挨拶されたような気分だ。 私に挨拶しているのだろうか? けなげだな~。」 詩は色々な意味に解釈できますので、 ご参考までに、

kurihide_1
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答ありがとうございます。 参考までに写真を添付しました。 springが自動詞との解説、とても勉強になりました。 >詩は色々な意味に解釈できますので、 本当ですね。自分なりに解釈して楽しみたいとおもいます。 あと4ページあるので5月に煮詰まったらまたアドバイスお願いします。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#111034
noname#111034
回答No.4

No.1の再訪です。あとで画像が追加されたようですが,大写しの写真ですね。ぼくは草原のような写真かと思っていました。 この画像の説明的な文章だとすると, 1.children はキク科植物の集合花(ふつうにいうキクの花)を構成している1つずつの本当の花のうち,外周にある花を指している。しかしそれなら,stand in a circle のほうが適切でしょう。 2.cap は外に飛び出した舌状花を指している とも解せますね。

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.3

青々とした美しい草が芽吹いた様を children に見立てているのかもしれませんよ。ランナーでつながった植物(イチゴなどは茎をスーッと伸ばして途中途中で根を下ろしそこに子株を作るのですが、その茎のことをランナーといいます)なら、一列に並んで根を下ろしたところから芽を出しますから。 で、yellow caps in hand は、黄色い帽子を手に持っているということですから、もう少ししたら帽子をかぶって頭が黄色くなる、つまり花を咲かせるということではないでしょうか。 うちにもあるのですが、こちらのラナンキュラスゴールドコインはランナーでつながっていて、まさにそんな感じです。 http://www.mitomori.co.jp/hanazukan/hanazukan2.3.61ranun.html

kurihide_1
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答ありがとうございます。

noname#111034
noname#111034
回答No.1

日本の俳句にならった3行詩じゃないですか(=世界最短の詩形式として haiku は英語にも移植されています)。 訳は,  春の美しい草原  子供らが一列に立っている  黄色い帽子を手にもって というところでしょう。 575に逆アセンブルすると,  菜畑を 新学童ら 通りけり みたいな情景じゃないですかね。

kurihide_1
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• とある詩の和訳をお願いしたいのですが・・・

下記の英文の和訳をお願いします。ネット上の翻訳サービスを利用したのですが、うまく訳してくれなかったのでこのサイトに質問させていただきました。 Sometimes you win Sometimes you lose It doesn't matter You make mistakes but for a reason There's a chance to be won God bless you for being yourself Sometimes life is so beautiful yeah

• 詩の和訳をお願いします。

少々長いのですが、以下の和訳をお願いします。 翻訳サイトも試みましたが、いまいちピンと来なかったので…。 "It Couldn't Be Done" Somebody said that it couldn't be done, but he with a chuckle replied, that "maybe it couldn't"but he would be one who wouldn't say so till he tried. so he buckled right in with the trace of a grin on his face. If he worried he hid in,he started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done and he did it. Somebody scoffed:"Oh,you'll never do that;at least no one has ever done it" But he took off his coat and he took off his hat. And the first thing we know he'd begun it. With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin without any doubting or stopping he started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done and he did it. There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done, There are thousands to prophesy failure; There are thousands to point out to you one by one, The dangers that wait to assail you. But just buckle in with a bit of a grin, Just take off your coat and go to it. Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing That"cannot be done"and you'll do it. 以上よろしくお願いいたします。

• 詩の和訳をおねがいします。

前半の意味は理解できるのですが、後半の意味がわかりません。教授してください。          As poetry is the harmony of words,so much is that of notes.

• 詩を和訳してください!

アルフレッド・エドワード・ハウスマンというひとの 詩ですが、詩なだけに、イマイチ理解できません。 わかりやすい和訳になおしてもらえますでしょうか? AS THROUGH THE WILD GREEN HILLS OF WYRE As through the wild green hills of Wyre The train ran , changing sky and shire, And far behind, fading crest, Low in the forsaken west Sank in the high-reared head of Clee, My hand lay enpty on my knee. Aching on my knee it lay: That morning half a shire away So many an honest fellow's fist Hand well-nigh wrung it from the wrist. Hand, said I, since now we part From fields and men we know by heart, For strangers' faces, strangers lands,--- Hand,you have held true fellows' hands, Be clean then;rot before you do A thing they'd not believe of you. You and I must keep from shame In London streets the Shropshire name; Severn breeds worse men than they; And friends abroad must bear in mind Friends at home they leave behind. Oh, I shall be stiff and cold When I forget you, hearts of gold; The land where I shall mind you not Is the land where all's forgot. And if my foot returns no more To Teme nor Corve nor Severn shore, Luck,my lads,be with you still By falling stream and standing hill, By chiming tower and whispering tree, Men that made a man of me. About your work in town and farm Still you'll keep my heand from harm, Still you'll help me,hands that grave A grasp to friend me to the grave.

• 詩の和訳をお願いします。

英語の得意な方よろしくお願いします。 Tulip It digs the air with green blades, scooping,curled, then thrusts out colored gear in the upper-world to tap sun and bees and suck such fuels down as run its dark machinery without sound. Robert Wallace

• 添削していただけませんか?

英作文を作ったのですが、英語が苦手なのでどなたか添削していただけませんか? Difference in elementary school life between Japan and America The first is going to school. In Japan, people basically walk to school.On the other hand, in the United States, parents usually go to school by school bus or send their parents to meet them. This has reasons such as, "It's dangerous when a bad person comes." Second, there is a swimming class. In Japan, swimming is a compulsory subject in physical education classes.In the first place, there are only about one or two physical education classes a week. ·The third is the textbook. In Japan, the Ministry of Education presents children free of charge.In America, however, textbooks are rented from schools. Therefore, children cannot bring back textbooks from school. There is a big difference between elementary school life in Japan and the U.S.

• タゴールの詩の和訳

日本語を勉強中の中国人です。タゴールの「I leave no trace of wings in the air,but I am glad I have had my flight」という詩を日本語に訳してみたいのですが、アドバイスをいただけないでしょうか。  「空に跡が残っていないけれど、私がすでに飛びきっていた」はいかがでしょうか。訳文にするときに、英語と違ってストレートに「glad」と表現したくなくて、雰囲気を醸し出すだけに留めたいと思います。私の訳文を下記のように変えると、ニュアンスはどのように変化するのか教えていただけないでしょうか。 1.「飛び去っていった」ならむなしい感じがしますね。そのむなしさを消すために、「飛び去っていく」を「飛び切る」に変えました。「飛び切る」の部分にほかの言葉もあるでしょうか。「飛び通す」、「飛び尽くす」などありますか。でも、この二つは力を入れすぎた感じもします。 2.「飛びきっていた」を「飛びきった」と「飛びきっている」に変えたあとのニュアンス。 3.「空に」を「空には」に変えたあとのニュアンス。 4.「空に跡が残っていないけれど」を「空に跡が残っていなかったけれど」に変えたあとのニュアンス。 5.「空に跡が残っていないけれど」を「空に跡が残っていないが」に変えたあとのニュアンス。 6.「すでに」を「もう」に変えたあとのニュアンス。 7.「私が」を「私は」に変えたあとのニュアンス。。  質問が多すぎて申し訳ありません。また、質問文に不自然な表現がございましたら、それも教えていただければ幸いです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• ランボーの詩の和訳について

「地獄の季節」のなかの、「朝」Matinの最初の1文です。 湯浅氏、宇佐美氏、篠沢氏などの翻訳では、最終的に「すばらしい青春があった」ことになりますが、原文を読むと「なかった」ことになると思います。教えてください。 原文 N'eus-je pas une fois une jeunesse aimable, heroique, fabuleuse, a ecrire sur des feuilles d'or, - trop de chance! (アクサン等は省略) 諸翻訳の再構成 ぼくにもかつてあったのではなかったか、愛すべきで、英雄的で、神話的で、黄金の紙葉にも書き留めるべき青春が、ー身にあまる幸運ではあった! 拙訳  ぼくにはかつてなかったのだ。黄金の紙に書かなければならない、愛すべき、英雄的、想像を絶する、青春が、― 良過ぎた幸運が!

• 詩の和訳の添削をお願いします

NEW YORKERに載っていた詩です。 大学の教材の端っこに載ってた文です。試しに訳してみようとして詩の難しさを痛感しました。一応自分で訳してみましたが、かなりおかしいところがあると思います。 THE MODERNIST IMPULSE On My Birthday Has it ever been absent, this desire for every moment to stand in relief, the unending row of them set like solitaires into what passes, burnished to unbearable depths? The park here is going green and all at once its expanse is a moment of its own great making, a flare in the midst of so much shattered. The trees are certain their time has come. I have never once been able to say yes, now, this is the instant in which I should begin to live again, in which this love is the only love worth having, the richest of all possible shining arts 《試訳》 それは今まで姿を見せなかったのか、 あらゆる瞬間に浮かび上がるこの欲望 その果てなく続く列はソリティアのように過ぎ去るものに向かい 堪えられない深さまで磨かれるのか この公園は緑に変わりゆき、突然 その広がりは偉大なる発展の瞬間となる、 粉々になった多くのもののなかで揺らめく炎 木々は彼らが時の過ぎ去るのを確かに知っている 私はイエスと言ったことがない、 今、これは私が再び生きることを始めるべき瞬間である この愛は抱くに値する唯一つの愛、 あらゆる輝かしき芸術のなかで最も美しいもの 特に解らない部分は2行目(一応訳してみたが、どういう文構成になっているのかわからなし、stand in reliefの意味も曖昧)、3~4行目(ソリティアのルールを知らないので、あっているのか解りません。) 8行目(soとshatteredはmuchにかかっているのでしょうか?良く訳せません。)

• 和訳をお願いします。

Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf, the Austro-Hungarian Chief of the General Staff, attributed the defeat to a Serbian "thunder bolt from the south". The battle did not achieve any of Austria-Hungary's objectives: it failed to knock Serbia out of the war, it failed to induce Bulgaria to join the Central Powers and it failed to convince Romania to stay neutral. Austro-Hungarian historians concluded after the battle that defeat by Serbia constituted "a serious diminution in the Dual Monarchy's prestige and self-confidence". The battle, like the Battle of Cer before it, drew considerable attention to Serbia and many foreigners came to the country in late 1914 to offer political and humanitarian aid or to fight alongside the Serbian Army. German publicist Maximilian Harden wrote: "Serbia has risen from its grave on the field of Kosovo. From the source of the Kolubara River it will draw courage for the greatest battles of the whole century." The Austro-Hungarians suffered about 225,000 casualties, including 30,000 killed, 173,000 wounded and 70,000 taken prisoner. They reported that 200 of their officers were taken prisoner during the battle and more than 130 cannon, 70 heavy machine-guns and a large quantity of matériel were captured. The Serbs also suffered heavy casualties, with 22,000 killed, 91,000 wounded and 19,000 missing or captured. The Western press was appalled with the scale of atrocities committed by the Austro-Hungarian troops against Serbian civilians, including women and children. William Shepard, of the United Press, confirmed as an eyewitness that at least eighteen towns were fully abandoned, and the whole of northwestern Serbia was nearly depopulated. Mišić was promoted to the rank of vojvoda for his command during the battle. Potiorek, on the other hand, was relieved of command on 22 December for "this most ignominious, rankling and derisory defeat". The decision reportedly made him suicidal. He was replaced by Archduke Eugen of Austria, who the Austro-Hungarians hoped would "restore Habsburg forces to the glory days of Prince Eugene". Von Frank was dismissed as commander of the 5th Army and replaced by Karl Tersztyánszky von Nádas, who had commanded the 4th Corps at the Battle of Cer. The 5th and 6th armies were then merged into a single 5th Army consisting of 95,000 men. Dobrica Ćosić's novel A Time of Death revolves around the battle. It was adapted into a stage play in 1983, titled The Battle of Kolubara.