• ベストアンサー

given out

given out "The door prizes at a dance are gift certificates from local merchants. There are four $10 certificates, five $20 certificates, and three $50 certificates. The prize envelopes are mixed together in a bag and are drawn at random." この最後の文にあるgiven outってどういう意味でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kacashi
  • ベストアンサー率50% (67/134)
回答No.1

give out で ~を配るという意味があります。 ~given out はその受身系。(賞品が配られる、もしくは渡される) この場合は、賞品を差し上げます、という意味ですねー。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

ご質問の文を、二三度、目を凝らして読んだのですが、given out がどこにも見つからないので、最後の文を全部。  「賞品の封筒は、袋に入れ、取り混ぜて、手当り次第に、取り出される」 ということで、ちょうどくじ引きのように、無作為に選ばれる、ということのようです。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

ごめんなさい、肝心のgiven outの入った文を載せるのを忘れてました・・・ でも回答ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳をお願いします(>_<) ↓ ↓ The Nobel Prizes are awarded by the Nobel Foundation for outstanding achievements or contributions in six areas. A prize is given in chemistry,physics,medicine,literature,peace and economics. Often a prize is awarded to just one person,but not always. It my be awarded to two or more people who have worked together to reach a goal. Since the Nobel Prizes are international prizes,scientists,inventors,writers,and politicians from any country may receive a prize. Sometimes,two people from countries with different political views may even share a prize. It is also sometimes the case that a prize is not given. If there is no outstanding achievement in any of the six areas,noprize is given in that area.

• イグノーベル賞についての英文の和訳

こんにちわ 皆様には様々な質問でいつもお世話になっております 今回は英文の和訳についての質問です 、「人々を笑わせ、そして考えさせてくれる研究」に対して与えられる賞であるイグノーベル賞についての次の英文を和訳していただきたいのです。 These prizes which are given out each year are a balance to the Nobel Prizes which have been awarded prizes which are given out each year are a balance to the Nobel Prizes which have been awarded every year since 1901 for achievements in physics, chemistry physiology or medicine literature and year since 1901 for achievements in physics, chemistry physiology or medicine literature and for peace. イグノーベル賞をノーベル賞に関連付けて説明している分だと思われますが、特にbalanceのいい訳しかたが思い浮かびません。皆様のお力をお貸しいただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 今読んでいる小説でわからない表現【2】

こんにちは。今読んでいる小説でわからない表現がいくつか あったので質問します。 1. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. 以前、タイピングソフトで何度も見かけた表現です。タイピングでは有名な表現なのでしょうか? 2. Oh, God, suppose the place is closed. Suppose the old guy's dead or out of business. 文法を教えてください。特にsupposeの使い方を。 3. And literary prize? The subway Press awarded prizes every month. Sure, with the prizes and a quarter, you could buy a cup of coffee. わからないところは、a quarter とyou could buy a cup of cofeeというところです。こういう成句があるのでしょうか? 4. Given all his tax dodges, we pocketed nine million. 始めのGivenのところの文法解説をお願いします。 急ぎの書き込みになってしまいましたが、回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) ↓ ↓ Someone must decide whether or not to give an award. The process of nominating and choosing Nobel Prize winners has two parts. First,nominations of people who might deserve a Nobel Prize are made. The nominations in physics,chemistry and economics are made by the Royal Academy of Science in Stockholm. The nominations in medicine are made ay the Caroline Medical Institute,which is also in Stockholm. The Swedish Academy both makes nominations in literature and receives them from experts and other academies such as those of France and Spain. The Peace Prize nominations are made by a committee of the Norwegian government. Many nominations are made in each area. Nominations from these groups begin the process of choosing the Nobel Prize winners. The second part of the process of choosing Nobel Prize winners is to decide which of the nominated people deserves the award in each area. This decision is made by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm. The winners of Nobel Prizes are honored for their great achievements and are rewarded both by fame and by money for their contribution to human life. A Nober Prize is one of the highest honors any scientist,politician,or writer can ever receive.

• givenの意味

Q. Strict parents, bisexual best friend: I’m an 18-year-old girl living at home with my very conservative parents. They are very against gay people and seem to think they’re all monsters. I’m not able to live in the dorms when I go to college because my mother is afraid I’d end up with a lesbian roommate who would rape me. She also proudly recounts the time she talked a friend into a gay conversion camp. My problem is that my best friend is bisexual. I want to have her come over to study sometimes, but if my parents found out she’s bi, she wouldn’t be allowed in the house, and I don’t want her to have to hear my parents on one of their rants about how gays want to adopt children just to molest them. Is it possible to maintain a secret friendship with her or is it better to wait a few years until I move out of my parents’ house? A: I can’t imagine it would be very comfortable for your friend to study at your house if your parents are that often given to making wildly homophobic statements. givenは「好きな」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願いいたします!

The Cannes Film Festival is the world’s biggest celebration of movies. Every year, thousands of directors, actors, and reporters gather in the south of France for the event. New films are shown, awards are given out, and educational activities are held. The first festival took place in 1946. Since then, it has been the top event for filmmakers to show their work on the world stage. Several prizes for outstanding work are awarded. The Palme d’Or(Golden Palm) and Grand Prix(Grand Prize) are given to the year’s best films. Judges also award prizes for the best actor, actress, and director, among other categories. Cannes is truly a global event, and movies from Asia have been honored on many occasions. Japan’s first Golden Palm winner was Teinosuke Kinugasa for Gate of Hell in 1954. Shohei Imamura won twice, for Ballad of Narayama(1983) and The Eel(1997).In 2004, Mamoru Oshii’s Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence was nominated for a Golden Palm, the first time that an animated film was so honored. The festival is also an important marketplace, bringing together filmmakers and distributors looking for new releases. In 2013, 1420 films were shown at the Marché du Film (Film Market). Movies also receive free publicity from the event’s news coverage. Nearly 4000 reporters from 86 countries covered the festivities in 2013. Cannes encourages the growth of filmmaking, with directors like Martin Scorsese putting on master classes. Also, the festival awards a yearly prize―the Caméra d’Or (Golden Camera)―to the best debut entry. Plus, numerous student films are shown, helping young moviemakers get a foot in the door of a tough business. There’s certainly a lot to see and do during the Cannes Film Festival. Most importantly, film lovers can watch movies which are funny, sad, exciting, and thoughtful. With all the attention the festival receives, it’s no wonder filmmakers are eager to win one of its prestigious awards.

• Given the French theme

This was my first stay at this hotel, and only my second stay in the Ginza area of Tokyo. Given the French theme, I was expecting a more western style hotel. The appearance was western, but other aspects were more in line with low cost Japanese hotel. given the french termの部分は、どういう意味でしょうか? ウェスタンタイプのホテルを期待していたのに、見た目だけがウェスタンで他は安っぽい日本のホテルと同じだったという内容ですよね。何故フランスがでてくるのでしょうか?

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The casualties were transported on cacolets on camels or in sand-carts back to the field ambulances, as the heavy sand made it impossible to use motor- or horse-drawn ambulances. Between 4 and 9 August, the Anzac Mounted Division's five field ambulances brought in 1,314 patients, including 180 enemy wounded. The evacuation by train from Romani was carried out in a manner which caused much suffering and shock to the wounded. It was not effected till the night of August 6 – the transport of prisoners of war being given precedence over that of the wounded – and only open trucks without straw were available. The military exigencies necessitated shunting and much delay, so that five hours were occupied on the journey of twenty-five miles.

• 確立 

英文での問題です。 付き合って頂く方がいたらどうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 とても簡単な問題なのでしょうがちょっと混乱してきているので確認をお願い致します。 画像に表が二つあります。 まず上の印刷された表ですが、 P(Male ∩ Smoker) = 206/1281 又は 206 / 564 のどちらですか? そして下の手書きのですが P(A∩T)は4/28 又は  4/10 のどちらですか? ある問題を解いている内にわからなくなってきてしまいました。 すみません、わかり難いとは思いますが問題も書くので見て頂けますか? (画像に載ってる印刷された表はここからは一切関係ないです。) ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 問)Boxes of sweets contain toffees and chocolates. Box A contains four toffees and six chocolates, Box B contains three toffees and five chocolates, and box C contains seven toffees and three chocolates. One of the boxes is chosen at random and two sweets are taken out; one after another, and eaten. 1)Find the probability that they are both toffees.  これは何とかOK 2)Given that they are both toffees, find the probability that they both came from box A. この計算の仕方で混乱してます。 2の回答)  P(BoxA / 2 toffees) = P(A ∩ 2 toffees) / P ( 2 toffees) = (12/90)/(33/140←これは1)で出た数字です) = 56/99 私は A ∩ 2 toffees は (4/28) x (3/27) と計算しました。 この場合特にルールも無いし、何故全部の数字で割らないのかがわかりません。 説明して頂けたら助かります。

• break out in hives

My childless sister “Sally” and I are close but are having a disagreement. Sally lives several hours away, and my 8-year-old daughter and I try to visit for the weekend about once per month. The problem is that my daughter has severe pet allergies, and Sally has two cats and a small terrier. Though she keeps her house as clean as possible, the very presence of these pets causes my daughter to sneeze, congest, and sometimes break out in hives. break out in hivesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします