• 締切済み

英熟語

(1)His intelligence ( ) him ( ) from ordinary people. ( )( )=際立たせる (2)Who is ( )( )( ) the project? ( )( )( )=~を担当する (3)The thief may try to hide,but the police will easily ( ) her ( ). ( )( )=見つけ出す (4)There are ( )( )( ) books in the library. ( )( )( )=たくさんの (1)~(4)に入る英熟語を教えてください。 また訳もできたらお願いします。

noname#109988
noname#109988
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.2

(1) His intelligence sets him apart from ordinary people. http://eow.alc.co.jp/set+apart+from/UTF-8/?ref=sa (2) Who is in charge of the project? http://eow.alc.co.jp/%22in+charge+of%22/UTF-8/ (3) The thief may try to hide, but the police will easily track her down. http://eow.alc.co.jp/track+down/UTF-8/ (4) There are a lot of books in the library. http://eow.alc.co.jp/%22a+lot+of%22/UTF-8/

• Ahiru-san
  • ベストアンサー率49% (50/102)
回答No.1

1.   (distinguish) him (out) , (stands/show) him (out/up) とか考えましたが、 outなら from でなくて of でしょうね。(makes/lets) him (distinguished) from...かな。 2..  (in) (charge) (of) the projectではどうですか。  同じことは Who is resposible to the project? Who is in control of the project?  前者ではカッコの数が合いません。 3. (find) her (out). (search) her (out) なら「捜し出す」。これも同じことですが。 4.、  (a) (lot) (of) なら教科書どおりでしょう。 great deal of, a number of, カッコの数を気にしなければ、plenty of, tons of, oodles of (砕けた言い方ですが)などなど。 参考書の回答以外にも、想像力を働かせて考えてみてください。

関連するQ&A

• 訳がわかりません。。

下記の英訳を誰か教えてください! 先ほども質問したのですがもう少し詳しく書き直します。 特に最後の「...but may intorduce you to some interesting people」 のところがよくわかりません。 こまってます。。。 Knowing more about people who wite books may not only make reading their books more interesting,but may intorduce you to some interesting people some interesting peopleのpeopleって誰のこと??

• 【】内を簡単に説明せよ、という問題です。

【】内を簡単に説明せよ、という問題です。 Psychobiographies are psychologically informed accounts of individual lives. They are, in effect, stories-although not entirely fictional-about particular individuals, generally those who are famous. However, not all life stories are told by professional psychobiographers about celebrated people. Some are told by ordinary people, about ordinary people:themselves. Psychologists who study 【"life narratives"】 argue that everyone of us is engaged in an ongoing process of telling his or her own life story, and(以下省略しました) 私は、「有名人の伝記」と答えました。 (stories-although not entirely fictional-about particular individuals, generally those who are famous.のくだりからです) 添削していただきたいです。そしてもし間違いなら、どうしてそうなるのかを教えて頂けないでしょうか。

• 英語を訳してもらいたいです

Isamu loved and respected his mother, who worked hard to raise him on her own as "a proper Japanese boy", which had been her dream. 日本語訳お願いします。

• 英文法チェックしてください

1 I promised her to keep it a secret. I always keep promises. 2 I heard that yumi had her ring stolen on the way to the school 3 I make myself understood that yumi and I was broken out last week. 4 I heard him singing Eminem’s songs in his room, which make me annoying a lot. 5 Most of English books are very nice of me to make myself understood in English. 6 I saw her cross the road without paying attention to cars. It was very dangerous for her.

• for instance は何が何のたとえ?

次のような文章があります。 They found religious, great or small, or they produce literature and art, or they do disinterested scientific research, or they may be what are called "ordinary people" , who are creative in their private lives, bring up their children decently , for instance , or help their neighbors. 文中に for instance と直前にあることの抽象部分を後から具体的に説明する働きをもった言葉が出てきますが、これは何が何のたとえをしているのでしょうか?そう考える理由はなんでしょうか?なんとなく、, who are のまえの ordinary people の直後にfor instance は置かれ、 ordinary people (普通の人?抽象、後から説明で), for instance, who are creativeと考えましたが、いかがでしょうか?回答いただける方よろしくお願いします。 よく、何が何のたとえとか、長文でありますけど、for exampleとか例えば、とあっても、何が何の具体例か 文中にあって、関係性が離れているとわかりにくいことってありませんでしょうか?

• 後藤新平氏が残した言葉、、、を英訳しようとして、悪戦苦闘しております。

タイトル通り、氏が残した言葉、、、を英訳しようとして、日夜(あっ、嘘です!)悪戦苦闘しております。 「よく聞け、金を残して死ぬ者は下だ。仕事を残して死ぬ者は中だ。人を残して死ぬ者は上だ。よく覚えておけ。」 Listen to me carefully and remember well. Unworthy is the people who dies wealthy. Ordinary is the people who dies with unfinished works. Worthy is the people who dies with his successors. 1) dies wealthy or rich = 「裕福のまま死ぬ」の意味になりますでしょうか? 「die happy」「幸せな死を迎える」から、なる様な気もしますが、、、、 2) 「仕事を残して」を「dies ……」と一言で表現することは不可能でしょうか? 無ければ、他の候補を! 3) 「人を残して」を「dies ……」と一言で表現することは不可能でしょうか?  候補として、「dies trailed」「後続されて」と一瞬考えましたが、意味的には(??)です。 4) 「Ordinary/normal」以外に「~~~は中だ」に最適の言葉はありますでしょうか? 「Common」ではしっくりとは来ない様な気がします。 ひょっとしたら、どこかに、正式な(?)訳文があるかも知れませんが、、、、(笑)

• 英作文で関係詞節を作る時

どういう状況下で制限用法や非制限用法(継続用法)を使って説明文を作るかを練習中です。 ☆1)There's a woman living next door to me. She's a teacher. ⇒(1) The woman who lives next door to me is a teacher. (2) The woman, who lives next door to me, is a teacher.「その女の人、(その人は)私の隣に住んでいるんだけどね、そのひとは 先生なんです。」  (2)の文は おかしいですか? 非制限用法は使えないですか?何故ですか? ☆2)A job was advertised. A lot of people applied for it. Few of them had the necessary qualifications. ⇒(1)Few of からはじめます。Few of the people who applied for the job had the necessary qualifications. (2)Few of the people who applied for the job, which was advertised, had the necessary qualifications.  「その仕事に応募した人々のわずかは、(その仕事は)広告されていたものだったのですが、必要な資格をもっていませんでした。」  ・・・・・この(2)の、which was advertised, のwhichが不適切なのは 前文を先行詞にしてしまえる可能性があるから。(Few of the people who applied for the jobがwas advertisedになってしまえるという意味。)で この場合の正解は  (2)' Few of the people who applied for the advertised job had the necessary qualifications. である。この考え方はあっていますか? ☆3)Kate has a son. She showed me a picture of him. He's a post officer. ⇒(1)Kate showed me a picture of her son who's a post officer. (2)Kate showed me a picture of her son, who is a post officer.    この場合は、whoが 前文中のどの人をさしているのか わからなくなっているから不適当。カンマはいらない。   この考え方はあっているのでしょうか? すみません。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳を希望

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳でもかまいません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Mars is the planet of masculinity, strength. power and passion. You had Mars in Scorpio at birth. This shows things about your future partner and what he seeks. That at the bottom of him your future husband wants a woman who is dignified and reserved and who exudes a mysterious dark power. His desires and passions are very strong. He likes sexual conquest and dominance. He may not show his feelings openly, so you may be uncertain of his love, insecure and too willing, too afraid of losing him, so that you do anything for him and are too yielding, lost under the power of his total attraction. If you are too yielding he will not treat you well. He seeks a woman who is ambitious, intellectual, independent and strongly, irresistible and who has a sense of glamour and reserve and hidden sensuality and spirituality about her. Someone alluring, elusive, who he feels he has never quite conquered..

• 文型を教えてください。

各組が同じ内容になるようにかきかえてください。 (1)My uncle gave me a dictionary. →My uncle gave a dictionary( ) me. (2)The mother made her daughter a doll. →The mother made a doll ( )her daughter. (3)May I ask you a favor? →May I ask a favor ( ) you? (4)When he heard the song, he felt delightful. →The song ( ) him delightful. (5)I believe that she is honest. →I believe her ( ) ( ) honest. (6)He remembered his childhood when he saw the picture. →The picture ( ) him ( ) his childfood. これを解いてみると、 (1)to (2)for (3)of (4)made (5)to / be (6)reminded / of となりました。 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• 自由英作文

Write an essay in English from 100 to 120 words answering the following questions. "If you could change places with one person for a single day, who would it be and why?" You may choose anyone, living or dead, whether a famous figure or someone you know personally. You should describe the person, explain why you have chosen him or her, and state how would spend the day. 構造や書き方のコツ、作例などをどなたかお願いしたいです…