• ベストアンサー

訳願います

"To be able to see if evolution is occuring, we need to consider what we would expect if evolution is not occuring." を訳してほしいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

>>あの、また質問になっちゃうんですが、 これ日本語でも意味がよくわからないんですが、わかりますか?  失礼いたしました。「進化が起こっているかどうかを見るためには、進化が起こっていない状態を想定する必要がある」は、  いわばXとYのグループがあって、XのグループにはZという薬を与える、Yには与えない、でXとYの差を調べることによって薬品Zの効果を見る、と言った考え方が背後にあります。  あるグループには進化があった、では進化のないグループならどうなるか、そう言う事態を想定しなければ「進化」の実態が分からない、と言っています。  背後の理屈は単純なのに、まずい訳で混乱させ済みませんでした。#2さんが上手に説明していらっしゃいます。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

なるほど! ようやくわかりました^^; 回答ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• masa4967
  • ベストアンサー率31% (6/19)
回答No.2

進化が起こっているかどうかを知るためには、 進化が起こってなかったらどうなっていたか考えれば良い ということですね。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「進化が起こっていることを見るには、進化がなかったら何が想定されるかを考慮に入れる必要がある」 と言った意味ではないでしょうか。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

訳ありがとうございます。 あの、また質問になっちゃうんですが、 これ日本語でも意味がよくわからないんですが、わかりますか?

関連するQ&A

• 契約書の英→日の訳です。どうしても簡潔な日本語の文章になりません。よろしくお助けください。

For the service provision to be cost effective to .....Inc., we will need some minimum volume guarantees to enable us to be able to provide the level of service that we expect you need, while protecting our increased overhead costs.

• Notで始まる否定の倒置について。

( ) did we expect that we would be able to come back to our own country after such a long period of life in exile.の( )にはLittleが入りますが、Notがだめな理由を教えて下さい。

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい。

この英文の訳を教えて下さい。 Humans are by nature inquisitive: if we see something we don't understand, we have a need to find out, even if our investigations are damaging towards ourselves and the environment. But the destruction that could result if Onkalo were excavated in the future is much more extreme than simply rejecting the wishes of the dead or disrespecting their beliefs. In fact, if we don't think of the right ways to manage the problem, there may not be any humans in the future to judge whether what we did was right or wrong.

• From what fell from them??

From what fell from them they seemed to expect that we would, one day or other,be able to make them understand the contents of this book. ・ ・・・かれらは、私達がいつかこの本の内容を理解させることが できるであろうと考えているようだった。 From what fell from themをどのように訳すのかわかりません。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

"ムハマンドはイエスや仏陀ほどではない(悟りを開いてはいない"を英文にしたいのですが Muhammad is not what Jesus and Buddha to be それか Muhammad is not what Jesus and Buddha were spiritually awakened to be あたりで通じるでしょうか? よくわからないのでどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>

• 訳を見てもらいたいのですが、

海外のamazonにどうしても欲しいレコードがあります。そこ以外日本ではあまり手に入りにくく、海外の通販をしようと考え中です。しかし、その商品の写真などは出ているのですが、詳細をみるとこのようになっていました。これはどういう意味なんでしょうか?やはり無いということでしょうか? Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 英語の質問です!

She is () talented than her brother. 1 the less 2 less 3 the least 4 least Tom has three times (). 1 so much books as his sister 2 as more books as his sister 3 as many books as his sister 4 books than his sister I'll do () she tells me to do. 1 anything what 2 anything in which 3 whatever 4 whenever Dan was () run over by a car. 1 closely 2 dangerously 3 hardly 4 nearly When you use dangerous chemicals, you must wear glasses () you have good eyesight or not. 1 whether 2 that 3why 4 when We have two washing machines, () are not of order. 1 which of both 2 what of both 3 both of which 4 both of what 解答と解説お願いします! The beach was beautiful! I wish I () longer. 1 have stayed 2 could have stayed 3 can stay 4will stay If it () for your help, I could not have finished this work in time. 1 is not 2 has not been 3 were not 4 had not been Jane would have gone to London () to get a plane reservation. 1if she had been able 2 if she is able 3 would she be able 4 was she able

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の英文の日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)What is something that people may not want to admit? (2)That we have the same body parts as animals. (3)That we need animals to survive. (4)That animals are smarter than us. (5)That we can be trained like animals.

• andについて

If you are to be a scientist,you have only to observe anything carefully. Scientists are good observers;ones who see what there is and not what they think there ought to be. ;以下の文なのですが andが二つのwhat以下を結んでいる、つまり seeの目的語が結ばれているわけですが 解説を見ますと以下のように ()で補足されていました。 ones who see what there is and (do) not (see) what~ what以下が結ばれているのなら notがwhat以下を否定するものだと思ったのですが 何故seeに作用したのでしょうか? もっとも、和訳を見た今では 納得出来ましたが・・・。