• ベストアンサー

この解釈であってますか?

「いい人は、いつだって早死にするものだ」の後に続く文です。 You should try and be very hurtful to the ones you love and you will guaranteed at least another 30 years. あなたが大事な人にとって、とてもひどいものであるということを 試すべきだ。 少なくても、あと30年間は保証される。(少なくても、あと30年間生きればわかる) 稚拙な訳でお恥ずかしい…。 どうぞよろしくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

you will be guaranteed ~ですね。 「いい人は、いつだって早死にするものだ」から想像できると思いますが,「いい人じゃなければ長生きできる」ということです。 「大事な人に対していやな人であるようにつとめた方がいい。 そうすれば,少なくともあと30年は命が保証されるよ」

erika999
質問者

お礼

そうでしたか! 正しい訳を見ると、「そうだよ!それしかないよ!!」と 思うんですけど、自分一人で考えている時は、いくらウンウン悩んでも わからないのはなぜなんでしょう~~。 ああ、とても納得できる訳をありがとうございます。 助かりました♪

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳について質問です。

He lived for another nine years after her death, but then he disappeared, very strangely and suddenly. この英文で、どうしてanotherが入っているのかがよく分かりません。anotherがなくても充分に意味は通ると思うのですが、anotherはどのような役割をしているのでしょうか。

• 英文解釈

下記の文の"and progress against that plan is very much on target"はどう解釈すればよいのでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 "When the program started, there was a global plan produced by the WHO for how you could achieve this goal within 20 years, and progress against that plan is very much on target. --補足-- 【前後の文】 Andy Wright heads up GlaxoSmithKline's elephantiasis program. "When the program started, there was a global plan produced by the WHO for how you could achieve this goal within 20 years, and progress against that plan is very much on target. So there is a lot of very strong evidence that the program is succeeding, and a lot of confidence that in the vast majority of countries, it will be successful before 2020," he says. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-2009-10-04-voa21.html

• すみません至急です!

すみません至急です! 和訳をお願いします。 分かったところは下記に書いてみました。 How unfortunate that they may be ... there is very little that we can do to change it. Maybe we can try to find another day to see each other ... きっとまた違う日に会えるよね but since we will be going on holiday (and you should be very very excited) ... I'm afraid it will be very difficult. During the week I could try to leave work work earlier and come to work later the next day ... but I understand if it's not possible. It's very difficult for us to meet but I feel it's worth it. I enjoy the time we spend together so much and I cherish those moments. 一緒に過ごした時本当に楽しかった! I like you a lot you..

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Note that in the twenty-nine centuries between 1000 B.C. and 1900, life expectancy increased by almost thirty years, and in the seventy years between 1900 and it increased almost another twenty-four years. These striking increases are misleading, however, because the averages reflect to a very large extent reductions in infant mortality. The figures we have been discussing-the ones in the first row of the second section-are life expectancies at birth. The second row of this table shows the life expectancies at the age of sixty-five years. It can be seen that in 1970, the average sixty-five-year-old could expect to live about fifteen more years, to the age of about eighty-nine years longer than the average life expectancy of the newborn infant. That is, when you were born you could expect to live seventy-one years, and as you grew older and survived longer, you could expect to live longer. (See P&L Close-up, Life Expectancy: How Long Is long?) お願いします。

• 和訳に自信がないのですが・・・

私の妹を好きだと言っている男性(タイの方で英語を話します)が妹にこのようなメールを送ってきました。 妹は英語があまり得意じゃないので私に訳してと言ってきたのですが、私も本当にこのような解釈であっているのか自信がありません。 I will take all the risk for only you because I love you very very much. I want to live with you alltime and want to love you alltime. Because I love you very very much. I am sorry if I say something wrong. Do you love me???????Do you like to love me alltime? I miss you very much. 僕はあなたのことを愛しているので、あなたの為にリスクをおかしても構いません。僕はずっとあなたと暮らしたい、そしてずっとあなたを愛していたい。 なぜなら、あなたをとても愛しているから。もし変なことを僕が言っていたらごめんね。あなたは僕を愛していますか?あなたは僕をいつも愛していることが好きですか? 僕はとてもあなたが恋しいです。 なんか、熱烈なアタックのように思えるのですが、所々自信がありません・・・・・。 この文章を正しく訳し下さい。お願いします。

• 外国の方のメールの意味がよくわかりまsん

翻訳機能をつかったりためしたのですがいまいち しっくりきません イギリスにいってみたいといったら you should come one day! im sure you'll love it, and thank you ;) ときました 私がまだ未熟なので上手く訳せません 訳してください

• 文章解釈

添付ファイル文章 “Enough of this miserable, whining life. Stop monkeying around! Why are you troubled? What's new here? What's so confounding?The one responsible? Take a good look. Or just the matter itself? Then look at that. There's nothing else to look at. And as far as the gods go, by now you could try being more straightforward and kind. It's the same, whether you've examined these things for a hundred years,or only three.” 1. The one responsible?をどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。 The one は何かの名詞の代用だと思うのですが、何の代用なのかわからないです。responsible は後置修飾として使われているという理解であっているのか自信がないです。 The one がlife だとするのであれば、「責任ある人生 ではないか?/でないのか?/のことか?」 The one がWhat's new here? What's so confounding?におけるwhat にあたるモノの代用であるのであれば、「あなたにとって責任あるモノなのか?」 2. Or just the matter itself?のthe matter をどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。 (ウィズダム辞典) 「U(話)[the ~]«…に関する»やっかいなこと, 故障, 難儀, 不具合«with»(!この用法は形wrongに近い)」 の意味としてthe matter が使われているという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 「それとも、ただそれ自体に支障でもあるというのか?」 3. as far as the gods goの解釈に自信がありません。 特にgo をどう理解すれば良いのか分からないです。 「運命が???限り」 4. by now you could try being more straightforward and kind の理解の仕方が分からないです。 「おそらく今頃には、より正直で、より親切な人であろうと試みることができるであろう。」 5. It's the same, whether you've examined these things for a hundred years, or only three. の要旨が分からないです。 「あなたがこうしたモノゴトを100年間、もしくは、たった3年間吟味していようが、なかろうか、同じことだ。」 6. 全体的に何を筆者が言おうとしているのか分からないです。各文章における意味の繋がりが理解できないです。行間がどうなっているのかわからないです。 「こんな惨めで泣き言だらけの人生なんてごめんこうむる。おふざけもいい加減にするのだ。なぜ、悩んでいる?これに新しいものなんてあるのか?何がそう困惑させるのだ?責任ある人生ではないか?/責任ある人生のことか?よく見てみなさい。それか、それ自体がただ問題であるというのか?それならそれを見てみなさい。他に注目すべきものなんてありはしないのです。運命の定めに従って、おそらく今頃にはより正直で親切であろうと試みることができるであろう。100年、もしくはたった3年間こうしたモノゴトを吟味したところで同じなんだ。」 解説宜しくお願いいたします。

• 詩の解釈

Edna St. Vincent Millayの"If Still Your Orchards Bear"という詩の解釈ができなくて困っています。 訳ができる方、もしくは内容の解釈ができる方はお願いします。 Brother, that breathe the August air Ten thousand years from now, And smell --- if still your orchards bear Tart apples on the bough --- The early windfall under the tree, And see the red fruit shine, I cannot think your thoughts will be Much different from mine. Should at that moment the full moon Step forth upon the hill, And memories hard to bear, By moonlight harder still, Form in the shadows of the trees, --- Things that you could not spare And live, or so you thought, yet these Are gone, and you still there, A man no longer what he was, Nor yet the thing he'd planned, The chilly apple from the grass Warmed by your living hand --- I think you will have need of tears; I think they will not flow; Suppposing in ten thousand years Men ache, as they do now.

• この英文の意味を教えて下さいm(__)m

すみません・・・ メールをもらったのですが、ちゃんと意味があってるか不安なので意味を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願い致します。m(__)m ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have been so busy lately! I would love to keep in touch with you and apologize for taking so long to return your email. I will write you a much more detailed email very soon. I have just returned home from another music trip and am extremely tired! I will write very soon!

• oneについて

初めて投稿させていただきます。 もう何度か出ているのかもしれませんが、教えてください。 If you don’t sleep very well ,I can prescribe some sleeping pills, if you want me to they are not strong ones. と言ったら、ネイティブがonesはいらないと言いました。 It’s not a very strong medication が正しいのだそうです。 そこでoneの使い方に混乱してしまいました。 Usually I don’t prescribe a lot of medicine But this is herbal one. So please try これもoneはいらないと言われました。 なんとなくoneをつけたくなるのですが、間違いなのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。