• ベストアンサー

和訳の添削お願いします。

いつもお世話になっております。 つぎの英文の和訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 [1] The expectation that management can present itself in a more positive way (with consequences for any income dependent remuneration) may be another. ※ここでは、会計基準を自国基準から国際基準へ変更する理由が述べられています。 present itself in a more positive wayをどのように訳せばいいのでしょうか。 consequencesの適訳(影響?結果?)は何でしょうか。 またincome dependent remunerationは利益連動報酬制度のことでしょうか。 「何かしら利益連動報酬制度の影響を受けて、経営者が自身の経営がよく見えることを期待するのが別の理由である」 という風な意味になるのではないかと思っているのですが、添削のほどお願いします。 [2] International accounting was only possible additionally to domestic accounting. 単純に考えると、S V (only) Cの構文なので、「SはCであるだけだった」になるのはわかりますが、 additionally to ・・・の意味をどのよう付け加えればいいのでしょうか。 「国際的な会計基準は国内の会計基準に追加することが可能なだけであった」という意味でしょうか。 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• ban-s
  • お礼率80% (25/31)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

1. その前の文の内容がどうなっているかわかりませんが、「国際基準に変更する理由」となってますから、それをもとに以下: present itsaelf in a more positive way (with .....) とは、会計的に言い換えれば「より公開の度合いを増した形で開示する」でしょう。「公開度の高い」といった表現を使うと、直接過ぎるし、その国(どこの国のものかわかりませんが)のことをけなすようなニュアンスになる(公開度が低いということになる)から、それを避けているのでしょう(誰がどのような目的で作成した文章かわかりませんが)。 with consequences for ... は、「(公開度を増すと利益が少なめになることが多いので)利益連動報酬額に影響するが」といった感じです。 たとえば、日本の会計基準で財務諸表を作成するのとUS GAAP や IFRS基準で作成するのとでは、一般に日本のでは利益が出やすい(会計処理の仕方に関係)ことが多く、後者の基準だと日本のより辛めになります(断定はしませんが、一般的に日本のは後者に比し「企業に甘い」といわれる)。だから、後者基準だと利益が低めになるので利益連動報酬額に影響がでます。そのような内容のことを言っています。 2. additonally to は in addition to ということです。内容的には、「国際会計基準での会計書類の作成は、国内基準により作成したものに加えてのみ可能であった」の感じ。 多分、その国でも、国際基準だけでなく USGAAP や IFRS基準で作成している企業もあったのでしょうが、まずは国際優先で、後者基準でのものは、そう望む企業が追加的に作成・公開だったのでしょう。そんなような感じでそのところを読まれれば・・・ 国際会計基準に米国もする(そうした?)ようですね。日本は2-3年後ときいています。 Hope this helps.

その他の回答 (3)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.4

income dependent remuneration 英文法は日本語と同様に名詞(東京特許専門大学事務所)を羅列することで単語を作ることは文法上可能ですが、名詞、形容詞、名詞と間に形容詞を置くことはご法度と考えます。とするdependentは"他人に頼って生活している人"でincome dependentは扶養家族、remunerationを加えることで”扶養家族手当て”となると思います。下記URLがgoogleで見つけた同様の使用例です。 http://www.newtoholland.nl/immigration/app/en/sitemap/income_dependent_child_benefit management can present itself in a more positive way マネージメントが自ら進んで(提供・公開)できる方法 その結果、起こり得る扶養手当 を期待することはanother..reason or story と言っているような気がします。 家族手当も利益連動報酬制度の大枠すれば、その1つですのでたいした問題はないのですが、上記の文章から如何して会計基準を自国基準から国際基準に繋がるか理解できません。

ban-s
質問者

お礼

ご回答くださいまして誠にありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.3

No.2です。 訳してませんでした。「経営陣にとっては、より開示度の高い業績開示をできうる(結果として(自分たちの)利益連動報酬額に影響は出るが)という思い(期待)がもう一つの理由であろう。」

ban-s
質問者

お礼

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

経済関係は疎いので参考にもならないかとは思いますが、一応書いてみます。 [1] The expectation that management can present itself in a more positive way (with consequences for any income dependent remuneration) may be another. このように訳してみました: 「経営陣がより積極的な姿勢(結果が利益連動給与へ至るような)をとることもあり得るという期待感が別の理由かもしれない」 present itself ですが、この前文の方で会議等について触れられていませんか?present oneself で「現れる、出席する」という意味ですから、その話し合いに出席するという意味ととり、そのときの方向性がmore positive way と考えました。 income dependent remunerationですが、検索してもこの原文とこのご質問しか引っかかりませんでしたので、この3語を連続して使う表現はおそらく一般的ではないのでは。ただそれぞれの語の意味を考えるとお書きになった意味しかないように思われますので(経済はさっぱりわかりませんが)、日本語で検索したら「利益連動報酬」よりも「利益連動給与」の方がヒット数がはるかに多かったので、income はどっちの意味でもいいので多い方にしてみました。 [2]International accounting was only possible additionally to domestic accounting. これは質問者さんのとらえ方でよろしいのではないでしょうか。 domestic accounting に対して付加的に可能なのみだった、ということかと思います。

ban-s
質問者

お礼

関連するQ&A

• この英文を和訳してほしいです。

There is some evidence that these improvements in the characteristics of elders have resulted in more positive views of aging. Tibbitts claimed that during the past 30 to 40 years, U.S. society has moved from holding negative stereotypes of old people to holding positive views in which elders are seen as being able to contribute to the quality of life for themselves, their communities, and society as a whole. Schonfield even argued that the assumption of negative attitudes toward old people is a "social myth" perpetuated by the gerontological literature. We will be examining these attitudes in derail in Chapter 2, but there does appear to be a substantial shift from negative to positive attitudes. The improvements in the physical, mental,social, and economic characteristics of elders have been so marked, and there have been so many programs and services developed for elders only, that many have begun to criticize these programs as discrimination in favor of the aged, or positive ageism. We will be discussing examples of positive ageism throughout this book; but the ones that have drawn most criticism so far are the Medicare program and some features of the Social Security System, such as the automatic cost of living increases in benefits and the tax-exemption of Social Security benefits for most elders. Perhaps these programs have been criticized the most because they involve the most money. Critics are beginning to argue that since elders are no longer deprived economically and since they are now much better off mentally, physically, and socially than they were in the past, it is no longer necessary or fair to continue the enormous expense of these special supports and programs available only to elders. Some argue that the way to reduce positive ageism is to make these supports and programs available to all ages on the basis of need. For example, they recommend that the national health insurance, which only elders now enjoy, be extended to all ages. It is clear that positive ageism is becoming an important issue and promises to become even more important as we are faced with more older people and more expensive programs for "seniors only."

• 長文和訳お願いします!

There have been many changes occuring in the Japanese economy and these changes have had various consequences on other aspects of Japanese society. For instance, many Japanese people feel that their incomes have been becoming less equal. After poll results were published, members of the present administration had to answer to accusations of being responsible for the widening income gap. Economists have suggested that the idea of equal income distribution in Japan was appropriate 20 years ago. However, now may be the time to abandon this idea. Economists have also stated that the recent growth of the income gap may be due to the ongoing transformation of the Japanese society into a more competitive one. This transformation began with changes in corporate organization. Since the early 1990s, company structures have changed to reduce personnel cost. Many companies have apparently given up the concept of lifetime employment. A large number of full-time workers have been replaced by part-timers, many of whom have no claim to retirement benefits or health insurance. Factories have been moved overseas, where lower labor costs allow for higher profits. These efforts are intended to recreate the Japanese economy by making it more competitive. Competition has also been encouraged within companies through the introduction of a performance-based salary system. Performance rewards, which were previously uncommon, have increased motivation among workers. This newly found motivation has generated a certain level of desire for better schooling because of the opportunities that exist for skilled workers to obtain profitable positions. To keep this newly competitive labor market fair and open, equality of educational opportunities is necessary. However, access to education commonly is tied to family income as rich parents can afford to send their children to famous and more expensive schools. If this connection is ignored, it could produce a situation in which only children of rich parents can receive the education required to get well-paid jobs later in life. Provided that education is accessible to children independent of their parent's income, the change into a more competitive society may boost career opportunities for any aspiring individuals. Economists tend to agree that the income gap is common in this age of globalization. No one can deny that competition usually brings about greater income variation. The widening income gap, caused in part by increased competition, is perhaps the price the people have to pay for the revival of the Japanese economy. Only the future will tell if this is a price worth paying.

• 英文の和訳をお願いしますm(__)m

以下の5文を訳してくださいm(__)m ▼Here in this area of overlap between the playing of the child and the Playing of the other person there is a chance to introduce enrichments. ▼The teacher aims at enrichment.By contrast,the therapist is concerned specifically with the child's own growth processes,and with the removal of blocks to development that may have become evident. ▼It is psychoanalytic theory that has made for an understanding of these blocks. ▼At the same time it would be a narrow view to suppose that psychoanalysis is the only way to make therapeutic use of the child's playing. ▼It is good to remember always that playing is itself a therapy.To arrange for children to be able to play is itself a psychotherapy that has immediate and universal application,and it includes the establishment of a positive social attitude towards playing.

• 和訳を教えて下さい

The top 10 words to describe Japanese people (according to foreigners) という記事の内容の訳についてお伺いしたいです。単語が私にはやや難しいのと訳がうまくできず、全体の意味を理解することができません。 There isn’t a country in the world immune from stereotypes. (固定概念からの免疫がある世界にある国はない) ステレオタイプは固定概念がある古い考えを持った人、といったイメージなのですが、そんな固定概念から免疫がある世界…とは…?? All people form opinions about places and their inhabitants based on whatever they can glean from the food, tourism, and art of the culture. (全ての人々は場所や居住区についての意見が形成され、それは食べ物や旅行、文化から収集したものに基づきます。) But not all sweeping generalizations have to be mean and unfounded. The results on a thread asking for the “perfect words to describe Japanese people” were surprisingly positive! (しかし、幅広い一般論全てが意地悪で開かれていなければいけないわけではない。 日本人を記述する完璧な言葉を尋ねるthreadに基づく結果は、驚くほどにポジティブだ。) ここでのmeanは形容詞で使われていますか? あと、threadとはどのような意味なのでしょうか? Here are the most common adjectives that Westerners chose when characterizing the people of Japan. (ここでは、日本人を特徴づける時に、西洋人が選んだ最も共通した形容詞をのせています) #1. Polite Weighing in at number one was polite, or in Japanese “reigi tadashii.” (最も1番は礼儀正しさです、日本語では「礼儀正しい」) Everyone has heard of the traditional Japanese bow used as a greeting during any given exchange. (皆さんは伝統的な日本のお辞儀を聞いたことがあるでしょう、やり取りをする間に挨拶として行われます。) exchangeとは交換?やりとり?という意味でしょうか? Though handshakes are perfectly common in Japan now, they more often than not come with a bow as well (or two or three). (握手は日本でも今完全に共通のものですが、・・・・・) they以下は訳せませんでした。この文章の動詞ってなんでしょうか? To the Western mindset, this style of address already seems much more polite than a simple handshake, high-five, or shoulder clap. (西洋人の考え方では、挨拶のこの形式はすでにシンプルな握手や、ハイタッチ、肩を叩くといったものよりもより礼儀正しいように見えます。) Of course, the term “polite” in and of itself doesn’t only have a positive connotation. (勿論、礼儀正しいという言葉の中やそれ自体には、ポジティブな言外の意味はありません。) この文章のin and of itselfの意味がよく分かりませんでした It’s possible to remain too polite and distant from a person, even if you’ve known them for quite a while. (礼儀正しすぎたり、人から距離を保つことは可能です。例え、あなたがかなりの間知っている人にたいしてもです。) ここも訳がしっかりきません。 もし、この文章を正しく分かりやすく教えて下さると幸いです。

• 英文を和訳して下さい。

Following the setbacks at the Hanna on 21 January 1916, Lieutenant-General Aylmer's Tigris Corps spent the month of February refitting and collecting reinforcements. Despite the pause, the Tigris Corps was still unable to be brought back up to full strength. The 13th (Western) Division had been dispatched as reinforcements from Egypt where it was being brought back to strength following its evacuation from Gallipoli. However, by the end of February, only the 13th Division's first battalions had reached the theatre, and only two of those had been transported up river by end of February. The British position at Kut was becoming more desperate. Food stocks were estimated to last only until the middle of April, even with the discovery of an additional store of grain in late January. Additionally, there was the concern that time was running out in another way: the weather. Based on the known weather patterns of the region, the latest that the Anglo-Indian Tigris Corps could expect favourable weather to hold was the middle of March. After that, the spring thaw would be in full swing. Combined with the coming rainy season, it would turn the areas along the banks of the Tigris into a flooded quagmire.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) The ocean contains many strange and surprising creatures. One such creature is the puffer fish. This very strange fish is probably the most poisonous creature in the ocean. The poison that this fish produces is 275 times more poisonous than the chemical which is usually used to kill rats. The puffer fish gets its name from the way the fish protects itself from enemies. Whenever it is attacked,the fish blows up its body to three times its normal size! Another strange thing about this fish is the fact that it cannot swim like other fish. Because it dose not have bones like other fish,the puffer fish can only move slowly through the water as it is carried by waves. The puffer fish also has funny teeth. These teeth stick out of the fish's mouth and are used by the fish to open the shells of the creatures that live on the ocean floor. This strange,ugly,and very poisonous fish is actually a very expensive kind of food in Japan.

• 役員賞与の会計処理の移行の原因について

会計初心者です。 役員賞与の会計処理が、企業会計基準委員会で 利益処分から費用処理にするのが適当 と言われているようですが その変更を推す原因についての以下の文の不明な点a~d(【】部分)を 教えてください。 ------------------------------------------------------------  委員会が役員賞与を取り上げることにしたのは、以下の問題が所在することによる。  1)ガバナンスの相違により会計処理が異なること。すなわち、a【従来の監査役(会)設置会社は、利益処分として支払った役員賞与を費用計上することなく、未処分利益から控除する処理を行っている。】しかし、平成14年の商法改正で導入された「委員会等設置会社」では、利益処分として取締役または執行役に金銭の分配を行うことは出来ない(商法特例法第21条の31第2項)ため、役員賞与は利益処分として支払うことはできず報酬として支払うことになる。  2)監査役(会)設置会社においても、報酬限度額の決め方により会計処理が異なる可能性があること。すなわち、監査役設置会社において、報酬限度額をb【商法269条第1項第2号(業績連動型報酬)】により定めた場合には、役員賞与相当額は報酬として処理される可能性が高く、c【商法269条第1項第1号(確定報酬)により報酬を支給し、業績連動分を利益処分とする】会社との間で費用計上額が異なる可能性がある。  d【委員会としては、役員賞与を人件費として費用処理(相手勘定には役員賞与引当金(あるいは未払金))する方向で議論を進めていく】ようだが、いくつかの課題があることも確か。特に、商法における配当可能限度額および中間配当限度額の計算に影響をおよぼすものであることから、今後の議論の成り行きが注目される。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

英語でスピーチをする予定があり、原稿を作ったのですが、文法や自然な表現に自信がないので、長文ですが添削をお願いします!^^ Are you happy? Of course there are many happy, enjoyable things. Sports, movies, shopping, and so forth. However, there are also many unhappy, depressive things. Do you surely think you are really happy? Today, the world is facing many serious problems. Discrimination, poverty, war, and so forth. However, we Japanese don’t have such serious problems. We were born in blessed, rich land, Japan. We can eat, buy what we want, and …..live. Then, what are the problems? Big one of the problems Japan facing is a problem of stress. I also suffer from the stress. “One pair of half pants is called pajamas”. “I’m called a Yankee because my hair is gold.” I’ll move on my topic. There are many stress. Human relationships, anxiety, a sense of inferiority, the number of stress is limitless. Because of these stress, many people cannot imagine bright future, only suffer from stress. If we suffer from stress, we cannot concentrate enjoyable things, and enjoy our lives. Stress has influence on not only our mind, but also our body. You can imagine depression as mental disease, difficult breathing, circulatory system and digestive system. To know these effects, perhaps you know how serious stress is. By the way, have you think of any solutions for stress? As I said before, there are many kind of stress, and those causes are also different. But I declare one cause of stress is broadcasting. This linkage is seemed unrealistic. However, media make us imagine there are full of sad accidents, crimes, disease and so on. We live in dark world. Why do we believe that? This is because we watch a number of news, broadcasting sad and dark things. Our brains believe the world we live is dark, not bright unconsciously. Of course there are not only dark ones, but also bright ones, but media focus on dark ones more easily, than bright ones. As I take one example, news about bullying. This news is broadcasted many times, and gathers much attention. That’s why our brains believe the world is full of sadness, hopeless. And we easily feel depression and suffer from stress. Then, how can we save ourselves? How can we release stress? Which way is the best way to solve the problem? Excluding the cause of stress? Or Changing society itself creating stress? Banning broadcasting dark news? All of them are not seemed effective way to solve it. Do we have to endure stress or deceive ourselves? We don’t suffer from stress. I’m OK. I’m OK. I’m happy No way. I refuse to do that. All we have to do is to deceive our brains. We have two simple choices to do. 1st is to look into just bright future. If we do that, our brains recognize only bright future without thinking and we think in a positive way. However, this way is not a perfect way. Some really suffer from stress and cannot look into bright future. Then, I will introduce 2nd way. 2nd is to appreciate 3 things every day and write down them. For example, I live with my aunt and she takes care of me. Now, I write down three things. 1st, “my aunt cooks a meal for me.” Thank to that, I keep my health and eat delicious food. 2nd, “every morning, my aunt sends me to the station.” That’s why I can save my time in the morning and sleep more. 3rd, “on my birthday, my aunt give me 1000 yen.” 1000 yen is not a little money!! To continue this, your brains will believe there are full of many happy, bright, fine things. We live in a happy world. Some of you think why this is beneficial for you? Yes. I’ll explain it. By getting this thought, positive way to look into your future, you suffer from less and less stress, and are released from stress. This is totally enough. And, the effect is not only reducing stress. Please don’t be surprised. By released from stress, your brains work well as 30%. You will not have trouble to studying. You will be able to get degree more easily. Good! If you got this thought, your future would be bright. I hope you will get bright future.

• 和訳困っています><

This rather gloomy process is known as disengagement, based on the idea that there is an innate, biological tendency to disengage from society with age, rather like an animal creeping off to die by itself. It reflects a tendency of psychologists at that time to look for biological explanations for all human behavior. But there are many problems with this model. For one thing, the relative lack of social involvement of older people isn't anything like an animal creeping away to die, because the period of being 'an old person' or a pensioner is so very long. Nowadays, it isn't uncommon for people to live for 30 years or more after they have retired, and that's quite different from a couple of days of being ill and weak before dying-the normal state of affairs among wild animals. Activity theory That type of explanation also ignores the social factors involved in retirement. An alternative explanation for why older people don't seem to take as active a part in society as they might was put forward by Havinghurst, in 1964. Having hurst attributed it to the fact that older people have relatively few opportunities to play meaningful social roles in society. When someone is active and working, they play a large number of different social roles. These include various roles at work as well as roles to do with the family. In other words, as Hvinghurst put it, their role-count is high. But when someone retires from work, their role-count drops dramatically, because all the social roles that they played that were relevant to work -even ones as simple as being a commuter- vanish. All that is left are social roles to do with family and home. In other words, Havinghurst was arguing, people becomes less visible when they retire simply because they don't have as many opportunities to play a part in everyday social living. And this has personal consequences, as well as social ones, because people can easily come to feel apathetic and useless as a result. The way to counteract this, Havinghurst argued, is for people to replace their lost social roles deliberately, by adding new ones such as joining clubs and societies for older people, or working for organizations like Oxfam, which employ people over conventional retirement age. keeping up one's role-count, according to Havinghurst, is the way to ensure a positive experience of old age.

• 和訳を教えてください。

この英語の長文を上手に訳せる人はいませんか?自分でやったらややこしくて分かりませんでした。予習でやっています。お願いします。早めの回答を待っています。会話文は少々くだけた言い方があると思うのですが、難しいです。直訳はよくないとおもうので。あと、「,」がたくさんあるので前や後ろの文とどうやってつなげていったらいいかわからないのでお願いします。 The host hourted tea into the cup and placed it on the small table in front of his guests,who were a father and daughter,and put the lid on the cup with a clink.Remembering something,he hurried into the inner room,leaving the thermos on the table.His two guests heard a chest of drawers opening and a rustling noise. They remained sitting in the parlor,the ten‐year‐old girl daughter looking at the flowers outside window.The father was just about to take his cup,when there was a crash,right there in the parlor.Something was hopelessly broken. It was the thermos,which had fallen to tthe floor.The girl looked over her shoulder suddenly,surprised,staring .It was mysterious.Neither of themhad touched it,not even a little bit.True,it hadn´t stood steadily when their host put it on the table,but it hadn´t fallen then. The crash of the thermos caused the host,with a box of sugar cubes in his hand,to run quickly from the inner room.He stared in surprise at the hot,streaming floor and blurted out,“It doesn´t matter!It doesn´t matter!” The father stared to say something.Then he said quickly,“Sorry,I touched it and it fell.” “It doesn´t matter,”the host said. Later,when they left the house,the daughter asked,“Daddy,did you touch the thermos?” “No.But it stood so close to me.” “But you didn´t touch it.I saw the image of your body in the window.You were sitting perfectly still.” The father laughed.“Then(would,fell,how,you,it,explain,why)?” “The thermos fell by itself.The floor is uneven.It wasn´t steady when Mr.Li put it there.Daddy,why did you say that you…” “That won´t explain it,girl.It makes more sense when I say I knocked it down.There are things which people understand less the more you try to explain them.The truer the story you tell,the less true it sounds.” The daughter was lost in silence for a while.Then she said,“Can you explain what happened only this way?” “Only this way,”her father said.