• ベストアンサー

連続的な衝突

物体がひとつずつ標的にあたっていく様子を言いたいとき One object after another are sequentially collided to a target. と考えてみました。One ... after anotherとsequentiallyを同時に 使うのは冗長でしょうか。 One object after another are collided to a target. Each object is sequentially collided to a target. のどちらかでも意味が通じるでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • edophilia
  • ベストアンサー率39% (64/161)
回答No.1

>One object after another are sequentially collided to a target. まず、collidedの部分ですが自動詞がありますのでわざわざ受け身にしなくてもいいですし、通常はcollide with~で使います。 obijectは目に見える物体なのでもし、電子や陽子などの不可視物質であれば particle となります。化学物質であればsubstanceがベター。 one object after anotherとsequentiallyを使用すると重複表現になってい るような気がします。one object after anotherはグーグルで検索すると 単数扱いが殆どのようです。 連続して一つずつにふさわしい単語を検討した結果、consecutiveが一番ぴ ったりだと思われます。 従って、私の回答は one particle after another is colliding with a target.   (object) もしくは particles are colliding with a target consecutively.となります。 >One object after another are collided to a target.(1) >Each object is sequentially collided to a target. (2) いずれも意味は通じると思います。但し以下の通り訂正が必要です。 (1)one object after another is colliding with a target. (2)Each object is sequentially colliding with a target. 最後にOxford English-English Dictionary WEB版のconsecutive の 訳を掲載しておきます。 CONSECUTIVE / adj. [usually before noun] following one after another in a series, without interruption: She was absent for nine consecutive days. He is beginning his fourth consecutive term of office. After six consecutive defeats, the team was almost ready to give up. 参考になれば幸いです。

flex1101
質問者

お礼

詳しい解説ありがとうございました。 勉強になります。

関連するQ&A

• from one ~ to the other ~

場所は二つ以上あり、ある物体がその内の一つから場所から別の場所に移されたと表現する場合はfrom one ~ to the other ~と表現すればよいでしょうか? otherの前のtheを省くべきか、anotherにすべきか迷っています。 from one ~ to other ~ from one ~ to another ~ anotherは、an otherなのでその一つの場所に対して別の場所は一つという意味なので違うと考えています。 例) The object is moved from one place to the other place.

• one after another

The cats came one after another. という文がありました。one after anotherのところですが、これだと、anotherの後に one が来るというこですから、another→oneという順番になります。これは逆ではないでしょうか?まずoneがあって、その後それとはちがう別のという意味のanotherが来ないといけないのでは?だから、another after oneとするほうが正しいと思うのですが。どうして、one after anotherという順番になっているのでしょう?

• one another 名詞が二つ並んでいて変

black one, another one,each other などは、前の名詞を形容詞のように考えられるので疑問はないのですが、one anotherに関しては、形容詞のように考えられないので腑に落ちないです。 They hated one another. では、oneとanotherの関係は、 one hated another になるのかな、と思い付いたのですが、このような文法は聞いたことがありません。

• テストで分からなかったのですが

次の括弧に当てはまるものを記号で選択し答える問題です。 どれが適切か教えてください。 Human beings use gestures to communicate() アeach other イwith each other ウone another エby one another

• howeverの使い方

kabaddiというスポーツの説明が書かれた文です。 Two teams are facing each other on the field. One team sends out a player,"a raider,"to the opposing side. The raider runs after the opposing players. His aim is to touch as many opposing players as he can and return to his side in one breath. He keeps shouting"Kabaddi,Kabaddi"to show that he has not taken a breath yet. After the raider returns,the touched players are"dead." Among the opposing players,however,(←これ)are"stoppers." They try to catch the raider. If they do so,the raider is dead. 文全体の言いたいことは分かるのですが このhoweverがどういう働きをしているのかかがよくわかりません。

• 空所に入る適語を選ぶ(英語)

1、My jacket is the same as (). (1)you(2)your(3)yours(4)yourself 2、I forgot to bring a pen.Can you lend me (). (1)it(2)one(3)them(4)other 3、The price of water is higher than ()of beer in this country. (1)it(2)one(3)them(4)that 4、Would you like ()cup of coffee? (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 5、All living things depend on one (). (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 6、()of the students has to wear a uniform. (1)Each(2)Every(3)All(4)Some 7、This is not my bicycle but (). (1)somebody else(2)somebody's else (3)somebody else's(4)somebody elses' 8、I'm thirsty.Can you give me ()to drink? (1)some cold thing(2)something cold (3)could something(4)some cold 9、()present at the meeting were surprised at his appearance. (1)Any(2)Some(3)That(4)Those 10、Some of the boys like baseball and ()like soccer. (1)other(2)others(3)the other(4)another 11、The Olympics are held ()four years. (1)each(2)all(3)every(4)another 12、I don't like (). (1)your that necktie(2)that your necktie (3)your necktie of that(4)that necktieof yours 13、I have two cars.One is made in Japan, and()is made in Germany. (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 14、There are five chairs.I'll carry these two.Please carry(). (1)other(2)others(3)the other(4)the others お願いします!

• To know is one thing.....

お願いします。 並べ替える問題です。 知っているのと、教えるのとは別のことだ。 To know (to / another / one / teach / is / thing / and ). To know is one thing and to teach is another. この形は覚えていたんですが、選択肢にはis がひとつしかありません。 調べたら、 To know is one thing, to teach another. 間にコンマが入れば、この形はありましたので、 and でつなげばいいんでしょうか? To know is one thing and to teach another. ヒントだけでも教えていただけると助かります。

• 代名詞(急いでます)

代名詞の問題です。 自信のない問題です。 多いのですがどうかよろしくお願いします。 ・() of the students has to wear a uniform 1.Each 2.Every 3.All 4.Some ・I forgot to bring a pen. Please lend me (). 1.it 2.one 3.them 4.other ・The price of water is higher than () of beer in this country. 1.it 2.one 3.them 4.that ・Would you like () cup of coffee? 1.other 2.another 3.the other 4.the another ・This is not my bicycle but (). 1.somebody else 2.somebody's else 3.somebody else's 4.somebody elses' ・() present at the meeting were surprised at his appearance. 1.Any 2.Some 3.That 4.Those ・Some of the boys like baseball and () like soccer. 1.other 2.others 3.the other 4.another ・The Olympics are held () four yeras. 1.each 2.all 3.every 4.another ・I have two cars. One is made in Japan, and () is made in Germany. 1.other 2.another 3.the other 4.the another 訳もいただけたら嬉しいです。

• 翻訳お願いします

The whole world is getting globalized and languages , of course , are necessary people to communicate with one another.

• 生物論文の和訳

下記の論文を訳してください 1)There is a residue on each chain every 3・4 A.in the z-direc-tion.We have assumed an angle of 36゜ between structure repeats after 10 residues on each chain,that is,after 34 A. The distance of a phophates atom from the fibre axis is 10 A. As the phophates are on the outside,cations have easy access to them.