• 締切済み

接続詞?

()consumers grow more savvy, it has become essential for manufactures and retailers to work closely with the local organizations and craftspeople that produce their goods and materials 1As 2If 3Though 4Unless 全て意味が通ると思うのですが・・・。どうやって答えを出しますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

「has become」とあるので、実際に「has become以降の状態になっている」のがわかります。つまり仮定の話では絶対にないので、これで選択肢がいくつか消えます。ただし、「consumers grow more savvy」だから「it has become essential~」なのか、「consumers grow more savvy」なのに「it has become essential~」なのかは、厳密に言うと、文脈によります。とりたてて前後に文章がくっついていないのなら、書かれている内容からいって、前者だと考えるのが自然です。とはいえ、英文を読み慣れていれば、。「essential」あたりまで読んだ時点で、瞬間的に正解がわかります。

sofiataii
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 ご回答で、修行が足りないということがよく分かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 接続詞の問題が分かりません

四択問題です。 出来れば訳と解説を頂けると有り難いです。 1, "I want you to wait here ( ) I need you later." "All right, I'll keep myself available." (1)if (2)in case (3)so that (4)unless 2, You can get a good seat for the concert, ( ) you reserve it far ahead in advance. (1)considering (2)providing (3)so that (4)even though 3, You can borrow the money, ( ) you promise to pay it back. (1)so long as (2)though (3)so that (4)unless 4, The trouble is that, ( ) we get used to watching TV, we gradually come to watch it more and more. (1)what (2)so (3)that (4)once 最後は穴埋めの問題です。 「ライオンが百獣の王であるように、鷲は鳥類の王である。」 ( ) the lion is king of beasts, so is the eagle king of birds. この問題で気になったのが、何故「the eagle」の前に「is」が来てしまっているのかです。 それでは、解答をお待ちしております。

• 2つの英訳の添削をお願いします

テレビの普及によって人々の家にいる時間は長くなった With the prevailing of TV,people spent more and more time in their house 通信手段の進歩により世界はますます小さくなっている With the progress of means of communication technology,the world has become smaller and smaller

• この文のindividualをどう訳せば?

A letter to the New York Times, published on Oct 5th, 1952, demonstrates his thinking on education: "It is not enough to teach man a specialty. Through it he may become a useful machine but not a harmoniously developed personality. It is essential that the student acquire an understanding of and a lively feeling for value. He must acquire a vivid sense of the beautiful and the morally good. Otherwise, he with his specialized knowledge more closely resembles a well-trained dog than a harmoniously developed person. He must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions and their suffering in order to acquire a proper relationship to individual fellow men and to the community. 上記文中の a proper relationship to individual fellow men and to the community という箇所のindividualをどのように訳したらよいのでしょうか?

• I wish I could appreciate them more closely...?

先日友人のアメリカ人の人にsweet potato を送りたいんですが、、、と メールしたところ、以下の文章で返信して来ました。 要するに経済的にもあまり余裕なにのだから、いいよとやんわり 断っていますが。 質問1.ちょっとわからないのが、 "I wish I could appreciate them more closely..." の "them more closely"の部分はちょっと?です。 closelyの意味は1.密接に、親密に 2.ぴったりと 3.念入りに 4.つましく (ランダムハウス英和辞典) ですが、この文脈では距離的なことを意図しているのですか? (その人は日本にいますが、私の住んでいるところより遠方に住んでいるので)ここでは何番のcloselyなのでしょうか?? 質問2.日本語でスイートポテトといえば、さつまいもからできる お菓子のことですよね。でも英語だとそのままの「さつまいも」ですよね。ここではおそらくその人は「さつまいもはいいよ」と思っているのだと思います。 改めて「スイートポテト」ってお菓子のことだから、それをお弁当大の箱につめて送るので、そんなに送料かからないので送ってもいい?って聞き直したほうがよろしいでしょうか??? 教えてください、お願い致します。 以下原文 Yes, the leaves are changing quickly, with beautiful oranges and scarlets right outside my window along the fish pond. I wish I could appreciate them more closely... I love sweet potatoes, of course. But I advise you to save your money in this time of economic strife. Thanks for the offer to send them, though.

• 和訳の質問です。

商業施設のレイアウトについての文章なのですが、下記3文の和訳がわかりません。 どなたかご教示いただけないでしょうか。 Wide aisles with easy navigation through the store and product categories intuitively laid out within departments greatly contribute to a positive experience and allow consumers to find their products at a relaxed pace. Take advantage of research that’s already been done to educate yourself on what’s best for each type of store. Conducting shop-a-long studies gives brands the opportunity to see their store from consumers’ eyes and generate ideas on how to improve layout, organization, and more.

• 【至急】和訳をお願いします!m(_ _)m

【至急】和訳をお願いします!m(_ _)m But the use of numbers alone to represent a food chain can be misleading. A large tree and a single small plant both count as one plant, even though there is an enormous difference in their sizes. For this reason ,it is more appropriate to plot a pyramid of biomass―the mass of living matter at each level of a food chain. Sometimes the pyramid of biomass may be inverted : there is a greater mass of primary consumers than producers.

• 和訳困っています><

-Ageing- As we've seen, many people live healthy, happy and productive lives for many years after the standard retirement age. But sooner or later, barring accidents, we all become old. It used to be thought that ageing was a steady decline in functioning, with people going inevitably downhill from the age of 50 or so. But now we know that is not so. But now we know that is not so. The research evidence which suggested this pattern of ageing was seriously flawed in the way that it was done, and modern experiences show that ageing occurs quite differently. The general pattern seems to be that we have only a very gradual decline in our older years, and that decline can be slowed down by exercise and activity, but that eventually we reach a period of more rapid physical decline, which rarely lasts for more than about five years. Usually, the person dies at some point during the five-year period. In some old people, that decline is brought about by an accident-a fall or some similar event- which damages them physically but, more importantly, shakes their confidence and makes them feel unable to cope with life as they once did. How inevitable the decline is, once it has begun, is something nobady knows. We do know, though, that even old bodies can respond surprisingly well to exercises were found to be putting on muscle mass as a result - in other words, their muscles were responding to the exercise and becoming stronger. This finding has been repeated a number of times now, and it shows that the saying " it's never too late " may be even truer than we realize. The real danger in ageing, more than any other, seems to be the person's own beliefs about it. Someone who expects to decline and become incapable as they grow older is not likely to face their body or mind with extra challenges. Without exercise, our bodies have no incentive to grow stronger or to maintain their normal levels of strength; so they become weaker. This, to the person who expects to be weak as a result of age, is 'proof 'that they were right, and their belief in inevitable decline is confirmed. But really, it began as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• 英訳お願いします。

The collective even have their own record label, Blue Records, releasing post-8-bit mixtapes that have been promoted by entrepreneurs of the house scene such as *** and ***. "I don't see Blue staying there though, it's more a feeling" - which perhaps explains why they have branched out to create clothes for their American Tumblr fans よろしくお願いいたします

• 和訳お願い致します。

Some large clothing retailers are starting to take notice of the environmental questions and are exploring options. “Our research shows that customers are getting very concerned about environmental issues, and we don’t want to get caught between the eyes,” said Mike Barry, head of corporate social responsibility at Marks & Spencer, one of Britain’s largest retailers, which helped pay for the Cambridge study. Consumers spend more than $1 trillion a year on clothing and textiles, an estimated one-third of that in Western Europe, another third in North America, and about a quarter in Asia. In many places, cheap, readily disposable clothes have displaced hand-me-downs as the mainstay of dressing. The result, women’s clothing sales in Britain rose by 21 percent between 2001 and 2005 alone to about £24 billion ,or $47.6 billion, spurred by lower prices, according to the Cambridge report.

• 日本語訳してほしいです。前の質問の続きです。

In India, the senior engineer feels he must stay close to his parents and that New York is simply too far. If his father were dying, it would be the engineer's duty to be at his bedside and ease his passage to the other state. In Under similar conditions in the United States, it is more likely that the parent would be placed in a nursing home. The parent and his son have their own lives and are independent beings. Germany. though overall quite individualistic, is also collectivist in certain respects. The German episode is illustrative of collectivist behavior. Walking on hard-to-grow grassy areas is a community concern, and witnesses to such "deviant" behavior may take action. In most cultures, people try to marry a person that their parents find acceptable. However, in very individualistic cultures like the United States, it is assumed that people are independent beings and can marry someone regardless of parental disapproval. In individualist cultures marriage is an institution that only links two people and not their respective families. In collectivist cultures it links two families, in which case it is essential that the families find the mate acceptable.