What Does 'Get the Puck Out of Here' Mean in the Context of a Surprise Party?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Sarah's friends threw her a surprise party before she moved to Washington, and they put the phrase 'Get the Puck Out of Here' on the cake.
  • The meaning behind the phrase is not clear, but it may be a playful and cheesy way of saying goodbye and expressing their sadness about her departure.
  • The author is wondering why they used this particular phrase and why they are emphasizing that they are not cheesy.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

cheesy?

My friend Sarah is moving away to Washington, so my friends threw her a little surprise party to say "Get the Puck Out of Here." No I'm not that cheesy, that's what they had put on the cake. No really! I know, sadness. 上の文章で、引っ越しをするのでサプライズパーティをしたという内容はわかるのですが、ケーキにデコレーションした(?)"Get the Puck Out of Here."の意味がよくわからないので、彼女(この文の著者)がなぜ自分はそんなにcheesyじゃないと言っているのかがつかめません。どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。またこの場合のcheesyは「くさいことや陳腐なことを言う(する)タイプだ」みたいなかんじでとらえていいでしょうか。教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 簡単に書きますね。 FをPと書き換えて、一応少しでも上品にしていますが、それでも、「ここから出て行け」と言っているんですね。 みんなから別れていくのに、冗談でも、そんな事を言うなんて、そんな「低俗な」「下品な」思いやりのない私じゃない。 絶対よ、だって、悲しい事なんだってわかってる。 という事ですね。 これでいいでしょうか。 分からない点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

sinc29
質問者

お礼

fをpに変えていたなんて思ってもみませんでした!とても助かりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• Let alone be my friend

ケンカをした相手から、謝りのメールが来ました。 I've been busy out here, but thinking of you. Wondering if you're even gonig to talk to me again, let alone be my friend. 最後のlet alone be my friend の意味がよく分かりません。 どなたか教えて下さい。

• よろしくお願いします

At my last party, a very good friend of mine who is obese broke a chair as she sat in it. I played polite hostess and made sure she was OK. I’ve now taken it to get fixed and found out it’s broken beyond repair. taken it toは「どこかへ持っていった」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

I will say the same is fun at first but then it get's boring and how your FB friend has so much sadness that they post their life out there. here you can have fun hear new music and share your thought and make new friends everyday to bad that some don't like their profile picture but hey we are here for the music. 以上の文を和訳お願いします。 語学力の無さと、文が続いてるせいかうまく訳せませんでした。 また模範回答も頂けると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• このgotは?

hurry up! we've got to get out of here. このgotはなくてもいいのでは? と思いました。 分かる方教えてください(>_<)

• よろしくお願いします

I am a man in my 60s. I'm writing out of concern for my friend. "Will" and I are the same age; in fact, we share a birthday. He and I became well-acquainted in childhood and were very attached to each other. But then, in my early teens, our relationship took on a new and unanticipated aspect. We found that we shared an interest in girls, and as we grew through our teens and into our early 20s, we had many adventures together. When I married, Will was there and always supportive. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and I'm sure my wife would agree. I never minded in the least the interest he showed in her. But now, Will seems to have lost much of his get-up-and-go. He no longer shows much interest in my wife or in any other woman. I've tried to get him to be more spontaneous, telling him stories and showing him pictures that he used to like, but I barely get a rise out of him. I've tried to get himはI've tried getting himではなくそのような形なのはなぜでしょうか?あと、ここでのget a rise out ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• get out ~ について

あまり良い言葉使いではないと思いますが、アメリカの家庭でよく「Get out here.」という言葉を子供に言っていました。そのとき of が入って「Get out of here.」と言っていたような気もしますが、よく聞き取れませんでした。どちらが正しい英語でしょうか?どなたかおしえて下さい。意味は「ここから出て行きなさい。」と言う意味だと思いますが。

• grind on

I've had a crush on my brother's friend for years. I invited him to the birthday party I threw for my brother, and I also invited my best friend. Bestie had never met Crush before, but she knew of my crush. They spent the evening together, flirting and getting more touchy-feely the more they drank. She was grinding on him by the end of the night. ここでのgrinding onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I am sure of my friends意味

I am sure of my friends. I am sure of my own potential. I am sure of my ability to do ... I am sure of my love towards you. と様々な使われ方がされているbe sure of は、 なんと訳したらいいのでしょうか? 特に、I am sure of my friends.がわかりません。 フランス語には、Je suis sûr(e) de mes amis.と訳されるのですが。

• got toについて

I got to get out of here. この英文は「私はここから出なくちゃいけない。」という意味であっていると思います。ここでの got toはhave toに言い換えられると思うんですが、gotと言うのはgetの過去形ですよね。 そこで質問なんですが、この表現はアメリカの口語でよく用いられるんでしょうか、また、過去を表す場合はどうなるんでしょうか?

• Get out there について

ある英会話本で次の文を見つけました。 Get out there and start using your English. 本添付の訳 「外に出て英語を使い始めなさいよ。」 この場合Get out from there か Get out of there  になるのでは? 叉、洋画でよく「ここから出て行け!」と相手に叫ぶ時 Get out here と言っているように聞こえますが 実際は Get out of here か Get out from here のどちらかの文を叫んでいるのでしょうか。 私の英語耳がわるいのでしょうか? お教え願えればと思います。