• ベストアンサー

琴についての文

どなたか添削をお願いできませんでしょうか。自分で書いていながらどんどん混乱していってしまいます。 I used to play Japanese harp, but I wasn't any good. Japanese harp is much more difficult to play than it seems. People in our class including me often flipped our picks called 'plectrum' unintentionally, even toward the instructor occasionally. At the times like that, we laughed. 昔、琴を習っていましたが、全然うまくありませんでした。琴は見た目よりも難しいのです。私のクラスの生徒はよく琴爪をはじいてしまうこともあったのですが、ときには先生に向けて飛ばしてしまう人もいました。そんなときは皆で笑ってしまったものです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 あれっ、誰もきていませんね。 今から寝なくてはならないで、私なりに書いてみますね。 I used play the Koto, a Japanese horizontal harp, but I was not too good at it because it is much harder to play than it looks. The students, including me often shot the picks called koto-zume, plectrum in English by accident. We used to giggle together when it happened or the pick were shot at the instructor. ごめんなさいね、詳しい説明が出来なくて。でも、分からない点があったら、補足質問してください。 12時間以内に回答します。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.2

ここでは、琴の教室での出来事がポイントですよね。 なら、 A long time ago, I took Koto (a Japanese harp) lessons, but I wasn't much good at it because it's much harder to play than it looks. Occasionally, during our lessons, a student's pick would fly off into the air by mistake (I did the same myself). And sometimes, the pick would fly off towards our teacher and we would all giggle. 昔をlong time agoにしましたが、when I was youngとしても構いません。又、それ程昔ではなければ、some time agoで良いでしょう。 琴を習っていた、との事なので、I took Koto lessonsにしました。 見た目、との事なので、than it looksにしました。 生徒、との事なので、studentとしました。 はじくをflipにすると、それ程距離が出た感じがしないので、ちょっと大げさに宙を舞う感じでfly into the airにしてみました。これは当然普通の事ではないので、敢えてby mistakeと追加しました。unintentionallyも正しいのですが、このような場合より口語的なby mistakeの方が適切ではないかと。 laughとは笑うですが、giggleはクスクス笑う意味で、ここではニュアンスがぴったりと感じました。 最後に、pickとは英語で、plectrumより知られている単語だと思いますので、敢えて説明する必要はないかと思います。例えば正式にはguitar plectrumですが、皆guitar pickと呼びます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文

英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします My mother laughed. "It wasn't his name," she said. "His name was Harold. He was my mother, my only brother. Harold was eighteen when the war began. I was twelve then, and my sisters were ten and nine. Harold liked to play with us―"

• この中2の文を訳していただけますか?

教科書のニュークラウンの中2の文を訳していただけますか? 英語苦手なんです(笑&泣) 打ち間違えがなければいいんですが・・・。 Yesterday I went to a sign language class. I learned some sign language there. We did a short play in sign language. After the class the teacher asked,Was the class interesting? Yes,it was I said. Then she asked, Was it easy for you? No,it wasn't, I answered. Well,she said, Remember. Many people communicate this way. よろしくお願いします。

• Twitter用に添削お願いします。

よろしくお願いします。 [拡散希望]被災者のために、下着・靴下などの無償提供をしてくださる企業様を探しております。 手を挙げてくださる企業様には当方団体名等々含め、責任者より詳しくお話しさせていただきます。 日本の企業ではもうまかなえない状態です。 ご協力お願いします。 [spread hope] for the Japanese victims, we are looking for companies to provide free of you to the socks and underwear. companies to raise their hands, including our corporate name and so on, I will talk more responsible. The Japanese company is the state afford anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.

• so~so~that~,too~too~to~

あなたと一緒に遊ぶには金が無さ過ぎたし、忙しすぎた。を訳したいです。I had so little money and were so busy that I wasn't able to play with you .でいいんでしょうか?また、too~to~でいうときはMoney I had was too little and I was too busy to play with you.でいいんでしょうか?so2つに対しthat1つ、too2つに対しto1つ、というのは見たこと無いので違和感がします。それに、上の例文2つとも、andで分かれて、お金がなさすぎたし、あなたと遊べないほど忙しかった。になりそうです。上手い表現はありますか?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I live in a small, tightknit development full of families with young kids. We were excited to become new parents a month ago and feel more included in the neighborhood already. Our backyard is a large hill sloping down from the street toward our house, and as my husband and I can testify, it’s great for sledding. Our backyard is a large hill sloping down from the street toward our houseの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 仮定法の書き換え文 合っているかみてもらえますか。

(1)Were I as rich as he (=If I were as rich as he), I would travel abroad.  (彼ぐらいの金があれば海外旅行でもするのだが) (1)書き換え1⇒Being as rich as he, I would travel abroad. (2) If it were not for your quick play, our team would not win.      「君の素速いプレーがなければ、私たちのチームは勝たないだろう」 (2)書き換え1⇒If our team doesn’t have your quick play, we will not win. ↑もしかしたらwe will not win tomorrow.とかなったら仮定法現在でもいけるのでは? 勝てる可能性が増えてしまう?違う意味になるのかな? (2)書き換え2⇒If our team didn't have your quick play, we would not win.  ↑(2)が仮定法(過去形つかう分)で書かれているので、正しいのはやはり書き換え2になるのかな?●やはり「~がなければ」はit be動詞 not for 名詞 でないとだめでしょうか? (3)With your advice, the project would have succeeded. 「君のアドバイスがあったら計画は成功しだだろう」 (3)書き換え文1⇒If it had been for your advice, the project would’ve succeeded. (3)書き換え文2⇒If we had gotten your advice, the project would ‘ve succeeded. (4)A true friend would not betray you. (本当の友達ならあなたを裏切らないだろうに) =If you were a true friend, A true friend(he) would not betray you. (4)書き換え文1⇒Being a true friend, he wouldn’t betray you. (5)With a little more time, I could have solved the problem. (もう少し時間があれば、その問題を解けたのに) (5)書き換え文1⇒If I had had a little more time, I could ‘ve solved the problem. (5)書き換え文2⇒If I had a little more time, I could have solved the problem. ●(5)の場合書き換え文1と2では、どちらが正しいのでしょう? (5)書き換え文3⇒A little more time could’ve led me to solve the problem. (6) I would have forgiven him. 「私だったら彼を許したでしょう。」 (6)書き換え文1⇒If I had been you, I would’ve forgiven him. (7)I don't know his address; otherwise I would write to him. 彼の住所を知りません。 さもなければ手紙を書くでしょう。 (7)書き換え文1⇒ I don’t know his address. If I knew his address, I would write to him. すみません、多いですが、以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

After I started a new job a month ago, a co-worker (“Jane”) invited our small team to a party at her house last week. When I arrived, I was shocked to see a guy I met online two months ago. We went on a few dates and slept together, but I ended it because I wasn’t feeling it. wasn’t feeling itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なんて難しいのでしょうか!!

相手に伝えたい気持ちを英語にするとなんて難しいのでしょうか!!もちろん知識不足なので難しいと感じてしまうのですが…。 下記、正しく英語で表現したいのです…。 ご指導よろしくお願いします!! (1)「わたしたちの関係がどうにもならないことをわたしは理解していたはずだ」 I should have understood the relation between us wasn't seem to go anywhere. (2)「この先私たちってどうなるのだろう。」 What's our relationship coming to? (3)「この先どうなるかさっぱり分からない。」 I don't know where it's going to lead. (4)「さっきも言ったけど、私たちは今後予想がつかない関係であることはわかってた。」 Like I said before,understood our relationship is nowhere in sight In the future. (5)「その時(別れ)がくるまでこの関係を続けていていこうと思った。それでいいと思った。あなたのことがすきだったから。」 I thought It's ok that I'm going to have to continue our relationship until then,because I like you... (6)「ただ、私はあなたと一緒にいた時(そばにいた時)はとても幸せだった。」 However, I was very happy at the time of being with you when I visted you.

• 科学英語の和訳をお願いします

Although the estimated birth month of most of the glass eels ranged widely from May to December (peak in late August). that of glass eels collected along the Kuroshio (Tanegashima, Kagoshima, Kochi, Wakayama, Shizuoka and Chiba) was relatively limited to being in summer from May to August. Our estimation of birth month for glass eels recruited in early summer to the Sagami River estuary revealed extraordinary late hatching dates ranging from October to January for the 2009-group and November to December for the 2010-group (Table 3). It is possible that the Japanese eels that hatched in the late season occasionally migrated to the Sagami River unexpectedly late during the early summer, but this study is the first to report a glass eel hatched in January from the Japanese Pacific coast along the Kuroshio (Fig. I). Our preliminary otolith examination provides an interesting exception from previous information on the spawning season of the Japanese eel. お時間ございましたら回答いただけると助かります

• 「そこのところをなんとか~」、英訳添削のお願い

-------------------------------------------------------------------- お返事ありがとうございます。 申し入れを受け入れられなかったのは残念ですが 複数購入するので、そこのところをなんとかできませんか? バッグの最大限の予算が220ドル位なのですが、バッグとハンカチ2枚 の合計で250ドルというのも無理ですか? 何度もお手間を取らせてすみません。 Thank you for your reply. I regret to hear that my offer wasn't accepted, though couldn't you find any way to favor who buying multiple items? My maximum budget for the Bag is about $220, and is it impossible to total $250 which including the bag and two hankerchiefs. I'm very sorry to have troubled you again. Thank you for reading. -------------------------------------------------------------------- I regret to hear that my offer wasn't accepted というのを言っても失礼にあたりませんか? もっと間接的な言い方の方が良いでしょうか? 全体を通して同じニュアンスでより良さそうな表現が ありましたら、お願いします。