• 締切済み
  • 困ってます

入試問題(単語言い換え)

[serve]の単語の言い換え問題です。 答えは4 です。 3では なぜだめなのか よくわかりません。 その前のrefuseという語が関係してるのでしょうか。 解説お願いします。 He wanted to buy an expensive fur coat for his wife,but he was in such a wet condition that an assistant refused to [serve ]him. 1.accept 2.see 3.wait on 4.have

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数166
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• 回答No.1
  • sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)

refuse との関係ではないです。 この場合、お店にいるシチュエーションなので、"wait on him" にしてしまうと、「接客する」という意味になってしまいます。 では、なぜ "have" が正解なのかと言いますと、 「(そのコートを)出す」という意味の "serve" と同じ意味の単語として、単に "have" と取り替えているのではなく、 "have hime buy it" という使役動詞としての "have" を、元々 "serve" があったのと同じ場所に置いても、たまたま正しい語順として成立しているからです。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 会話文の答え方

入試問題 2問 よろしくお願いします。 (1.)解答がないので わかりません。 A:I'm glad to see you again,too. How have you been? A:Just fine,thank you.And you? B:Never been ( ). 1.better 2.fine 3.pleasure 4.well 1か2だと思いますが、どちらでしょうか? (2.)数日前に質問したのですが、納得できる回答を   していただけなっかたので もう1度お願いします。   (serve)の単語の言い換えの問題です。   答えは4.です。 3の「用を伺う」はなぜだめなんでしょうか?   refuseと 関係がありますか? He wanted to buy an expensive fur coat for his wife, but he was in such a wet condition that an assitant refused to [serve] him. 1.accept 2.see 3. wait on 4.have 解説お願いします。

• that節の時制

that節の時制についての質問です。 次の文で、saysを未来形にしたときを考えます。  He says that he wants to hire an assistant. このとき次のどちらが正しいのでしょうか。 1.that節にwillを入れる   He will say that he will want to hire an assistant. 2.that節にwillを入れない   He will say that he wants to hire an assistant. できれば詳しく説明していただけるとありがたいです。 ※持っている文法の本には書いていないようでした。

• 単語は調べたのですが、全くわかりません。わかる方、翻訳お願いいたします。

Making the move from Massachusetts to New York allows Joe to put behind him the anti-Irish Catholic prejudice that plagued him at Harvard when he couldn't break into the popular groups or when he was refused membership at the Cohasset Golf Club on the South Shore, 20 miles from Boston. ★behind…~の後ろに ★anti-…反~、非~、対~、不~ ★prejudice…偏見(を持たせる) ★plague…~を疫病にかからせる、~を苦しめる ★break into~…に侵入する ★refuse…~することを断る ★membership…一員であること、会員数

• 不定詞を含む英文

次の不定詞を含んだ英文の和訳、英訳があっているか不安なので もし間違っている点があれば教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 1) I heard Mary close the door. 和訳>私はマリーがドアを閉めるのを聞いた 2) A car was heard to turn the corner. 和訳>車は角を曲がるのを聞いた 3) He refused to apologize to me though he was wrong. 和訳>彼が悪かったが彼は私に謝ることを拒絶した 4)彼は新しいカメラを買うことにした。 英訳>He has decided to buy a new comera. 5)私は傘を持っていったほうがよさそうだ 英訳>I had better take an umbrella.

• 大学入試 英語 過去問(文法)で不明点があります

3問すべて本年度の問題ですが、 解答がわからないものが1つ 解答はあっているだろうが、いまいち納得いかないものが2つ あります 自分なりの解答と疑問を書いてみました。 どうかご教授ください、よろしくお願いいたします。 Peter went to an opera performance last Friday evening, ( ) he seldom does. 1 it 2 that 3 what 4 which 答 4 前文の一部・全部を指す関係代名詞のwhich 疑問  関係代名詞でつなぐ前の2文に復元できない。 例えば、He passed the exam, which surprised me. であれば、He passed the exam. と That he passed the exam surprised me.(かなり違和感がある堅い文ですが)というふうに必ず2文に復元できるのが関係詞ですよね? しかし、問題の文を復元すると Peter went to an opera performance last Friday evening. とHe seldom does(=go) to an opera performance になりますよね? whichがto an opera performanceという前置詞+名詞を指すことができるのでしょうか? I'm worried that Emily has still not returned. I wonder what ( ) happened to her? 1 could have 2 couldn't have 3 would have 4 wouldn't have 答 1?3? 疑問 could have happened も would have happenedも、過去のことを現在推量していると思うのですが、この文でどちらかが不正解になる理由がわかりません。 The taxi was entering a dangerous area in the city, and the driver refused to go ( ). 1 some further 2 so far 3 any farther 4 the furthest 答 3 「これ以上遠くに」 疑問 「 」で書いた訳はあっていると思うのですが, これはもうこういう熟語でしょうか?私の辞書には載っていないのですが・・・ あるいは、no longer=否定~any longerと同様に考えるのでしょうか?しかしこの文には否定語がないですよね?(それともrefuseが否定語になるのでしょうか?) 乱文で申し訳ございませんが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします The following winter,my mother and father bought me a faux-fur brown coat with a matching hat.I loved my new coat and hat and felt like a big girl wearing the coat because it didn't have clip-on matching mittens. They had planned to buy me a coat with a hood because they knew how I was,but I begged and promised that I would be careful and not lose the hat. I especially loved the big fur pom-poms on the end of the hat's string.

• 和訳を教えて下さい(>_<)

Is the living in Japan so expensive? I mean is the salary enough to buy your needs and you can buy can and house small money? これは要は、日本での生活はお金がかかるか(高いか)、お給料は必要な物を買うのに十分か、少額で家が買えるか(?)、って聞いてるんでしょうか? 最後の方がよくわからなくて:( ちなみに日本で働きたいらしい中東の方からのmailです。 すみません、教えて下さい。

• 翻訳お願いします

Mike: Wait a minute , if my memory is correct , your wife used to wear a fur coat. Friend: I don't remember. Mike: Of course you do. It was large , like a tent. Friend: OK , you're right , she used to. But she doesn't any more. Mike: Has she , too , become an animal rights supporter? Friend: No, she stopped wearing it because I said that the last time I saw anything that looked like her in that coat , it was sniffing around a lamppost. So now she only wears it when she clears snow in front of the house. So I'm off the hook. Mike: But the worm isn't. Barbaric worm killer! Friend: Heartless meat eater!

• 翻訳してください。

Mike: Wait a minute , if my memory is correct , your wife used to wear a fur coat. Friend: I don't remember. Mike: Of course you do. It was large , like a tent. Friend: OK , you're right , she used to. But she doesn't any more. Mike: Has she , too , become an animal rights supporter? Friend: No, she stopped wearing it because I said that the last time I saw anything that looked like her in that coat , it was sniffing around a lamppost. So now she only wears it when she clears snow in front of the house. So I'm off the hook. Mike: But the worm isn't. Barbaric worm killer! Friend: Heartless meat eater!

• 翻訳お願いします

Friend:Does your wife wear a real fur coat? Mike:Yes. Why do you ask? Friend:I just wondered if you ever feel guilty. Mike:Why should I feel guilty? We didn't steal it. Friend:You know what I mean. I'm talking about all those cute little animals that had to die so your wife can have a nice coat. Then she throws it across the back of the chair while she's having lunch in some fine restaurant with a lot of high society women and their fur coats. Mike:She eats ham sandwiches at home. And she wears the coat because it's warm. Friend:Come on , the animal rights people wouldn't buy that. If your wife wants to be warm , she can wear long underwear. So don't you feel a little guilty? Mike:Actually , the animals which make up her coat are said to be dangerous. If you put your hand near them , they'd bite of your fingers. Friend:That's no excuse. Don't you ever think about how barbaric it is for someone who's supposed to be civilized to be wearing the skins of little animals? Mike:Yes , I suppose you could say my wife barbaric. But since I don't wear furs , I'm not. Friend:Yes , but you agree with her doing it. Mike:That's because I'm on record as being a strong supporter of feminist rights. I believe a woman can do with her body as she likes , and if she wishes to cover her body in furs , that is up to her.