スフィンクスの謎と歴史

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スフィンクスはピラミッドよりも古い存在であることが最近の研究で判明しました。
  • 最近の研究によれば、スフィンクスの存在はピラミッドよりも200年以上も古いことがわかっています。
  • スフィンクスに関する最近の研究では、ピラミッドよりも古い存在であることが明らかになりました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

スフィンクス

英語はどちらがいいですか? この英文です。 「近年の研究ではスフィンクスは、ピラミッドよりも200年ほど古くから存在していることが判明しています。」 1 It is recognized that there is the Sphinx than the pyramid for a long time for approximately 200 years in the recent study. 2 A recent research proved that the sphinx predates about two hundred years than pyramids. どちらがいいでしょうか?また。他の意見もありましたら。。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • MayIHELPY
  • ベストアンサー率49% (335/674)
回答No.2

近年の研究ではスフィンクスは、ピラミッドよりも200年ほど古くから存在していることが判明しています。」 1 It is recognized that there is the Sphinx than the pyramid for a long time for approximately 200 years in the recent study. 2 A recent research proved that the sphinx predates about two hundred years than pyramids. 回答 文型的にも文法的にも2のほうがはるかにbetterですが、2にもいくつかの間違いがありますので、添削させていただきます。 (1) 「判明しています」ということは現在も含まれていますので、現在完了形になります。 (2) スフィンクスは複数存在しますので、sphinxesになります。 (3) predateの使い方は、predate + pyramids by 年数です。 参考訳 A recent research has proved that sphinxes predate pyramids by about 200 years. 以下のように単に「ピラミッドよりも約200年古い又は約200年早く建てられた」とすることも可能です。ただし、predateの文のほうが論文という点ではbetterだと思います。 A recent research has found that sphinxes are about 200 years older than pyramids. 又は A recent research has shown that sphinxes were built about 200 years earlier than pyramids.

shotada
質問者

お礼

ずいぶん遅くなりました。 どうもありがとうございました。 本当に遅れてすみませんでした。

その他の回答 (1)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします!!

英語が非常に苦手なものです(泣)明日英語のスピーチがあるのですが、時間がないので助けてほしいです!よろしくお願いします!! 英文:The world heritage which I want to perform is an Egyptian pyramid. I introduce three major pyramids. The pyramid was registered with a world heritage in 1979. There are three pyramids made in the Cairo neighboring, Giza Heights of the western part basin of the Nile by king Khufu, king Khafra, king Men-kau-Ra. It is the huge building of a quadrangular pyramid constructed in Egypt and Central and South America mainly. A passage and a room are made with the thing which piled up a huge stone on the quadrangular pyramid inside. With the thing that ancient King let you build it, it was said to be a grave of the King until late years. However, a coffin was not always put and understood that I constructed many pyramids with one King. Furthermore, it seems to have been a given public works project to have understood while I pushed forward the investigation in order to offer work place to the pyramid somehow or other in the slack season for farmers. It was considered to be a slave to have been engaged in the building of the pyramid, but the graffiti of the ancient people had for the building spot is only a thing praising King till then. I was not made to commit distress forcibly, and everybody was engaged in pyramid building with pleasure. Three major pyramids and the Sphinx are one of the world seven wonders. Greatest Pyramid of Khufu had building of 146m at first. However, I become 137m now because top part collapses. As for the etymology of the pyramid, an opinion that lah comes from making a mistake with a zing hinting at triangular bread in Greek is the most convincing. Of meaning it "go up" in a pyramid of Giza in ancient Egyptian "Mel" (guessed words called the thick-haired codium right.) A pyramid is the thing that a lot of mysteries are still mysterious. When the all of you come once by all means, how?私が 日本語:行ってみたい世界遺産はエジプトのピラミッドです。三大ピラミッドを紹介します。 ピラミッドは1979年に世界遺産に登録されました。 カイロ近郊、ナイル川の西部流域のギザ高原にクフ王、カフラー王、メンカウラー王によって造られた3つのピラミッドがあります。 主にエジプトや中南米に建造された四角錐の巨大な建造物です。巨大な石を四角錐に積み上げたもので、中には通路や部屋が作られています。 古代の王が築かせたもので、近年までは王の墓だとされてきました。ところが、必ずしも棺が収められているわけではなく、一人の王でいくつものピラミッドを建造していることも分かってきました。 さらに調べを進めていくうちに分かってきたことは、どうやらピラミッドは農閑期に多くの民衆が働く場を提供すべく、与えられた公共事業だったようです。 それまではピラミットの建造に携わってきたのは奴隷とされてきましたが、建造現場に残されている古代の民衆の落書きは、王を讃えるものばかりです。苦渋を強いて働かされていたわけではなく、皆喜んでピラミット建造に携わっていたのです。三大ピラミッド及びスフィンクスは世界七不思議の一つです。最大のクフ王のピラミッドは建造当初は146mありました。しかし現在、頂上部分が崩壊していることから137mになっています。 ピラミッドの語源はギリシア語で三角形のパンを指すピューラミスに由来する、という説が最も有力です。古代エジプト語ではギザのピラミッドに「昇る」という意味の「メル(ミル」という言葉を当てていました。 ピラミッドは未だに謎が多く、神秘的なものです。みなさんも是非一度は訪れてみてはどうでしょうか。

• 文法的に倒置でいいのでしょうか?

Along the Nile are the most famous monuments of Egypt: the Pyramids,the Sphinx, the great temple of Abu Simbel. ナイル川沿いにはエジプトの最も有名な建造物があります。: ピラミッド、スフィンクス、そして偉大なる寺院であるアブ シンベル。 のように訳しましたが、 Along the Nile are the most famous monuments of Egypt は文法的に倒置でいいのでしょうか? 普通は The most famous monuments of Egypt are Along the Nile. のような語順になると思います。 お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英検2級ライティングの添削お願い致します。

英検2級ライティングの添削をお願い致します。 またもっとこうした方が良いなどのアドバイスも貰えると嬉しいです!! Q, In recent years, many people make good use of E-books. Do you think E-books are better than peper books? A, I think that e-books are better than peper books. There are two reasons. The first is I think that E-books is convenience. This is because, I can find things that I want to know early. The second is E-books is smaller than paper books. For example, when I bring around it, I don’t need to have a lot. So I am able to bring around easily. For these reasons, I think that E-books are better than peper books. よろしくお願いします。

• 英字新聞の内容について

出典:http://www.usnews.com/articles/opinion/mzuckerman/2007/10/05/editorial.html の2行目、 Predominant as the social pattern for several hundred years, that American family has lost its place. の、asとthatが文法上どのような働きをしているのかがわかりません。 言わんとしていることは、 「数百年にわたって優勢だったその社会生活のパターンは、アメリカの家族から消えた」だと思うのですが、 形容詞+as~, の構文にしては、yearsのあとにisがないし、thatを関係代名詞としてとらえるのも難しいと思います。

• 英語の比較について

英語の問題で、 ~is more than one hundred times bigger than that of the earth. という文が出てきたのですが、これは地球のそれの100倍(以上)←大きいということですか? 100倍よりもさらに大きいということですか? こんな構文が文法上許されるんですか?

• carry the load

I've been married for 47 years to a man who is 13 years older than I am. He reminds me often that he is 86 and set in his ways. For much of our marriage, I have carried the load around the house, but now it is worse. My husband barely does anything. carried the load around the houseとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どう訳せばわかりません...

以下文をどう訳せばさっぱり分かりません。。。 お教え下さい。。。 Today it takes years to get to the Olympics - years of hard work, problems and difficulties- all for a race which could take less than a minute. But a hundred years ago, the Olympians were part-time, not full-time athletes, amateurs not professionals (although they did accept prizes).

• 和訳お願い致します。

In January, Science reported that actual rises in sea level in recent years followed the uppermost limit of the range predicted by computer models of climate change — meaning that past studies had understated the rise. As a result, the study found that the sea is likely to rise higher than most previous forecasts — to between 50 centimeters and 1.4 meters by the year 2100 (and then continuing from there). Science Express, the online edition of Science, reported last month that the world’s several hundred thousand glaciers and small ice caps are thinning more quickly than people realized. “At the very least, our projections indicate that future sea-level rise maybe larger than anticipated,” the article declared.

• features that we, a hundred years on, find hard to acceptのonの意味と品詞教えてください。

こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 タイトルの文のonの意味や品詞について教えてください。 背景:この文は、The Works of Christina Rossettiという本(詩集)のまえがきに書いてある文です。 作者のChristina Rossettiは1830年生まれなので、現代の読者が読むに当たっての注意点が書いてあり、そこに、 ~~~~~~~上記の本より引用~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ But there are problems for modern readers. A glance into her works will suggest a sensibility marked by features that we, a hundred years on, find hard to accept: an apparent rejection of life, a fascination, sometimes self-indulgent, with death. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ という文があります。 おそらくかなり、基本的なことかと思うのですが、タイトルの通りonの解釈で手間取っています、以下の解釈で合っているでしょうか? features that we, a hundred years on, find hard to accept (その年代からみて)我々、100年(後の世界)からは受け入れがたい特色。(もしくはhundredは沢山の意味で、a hundred years=たくさんの年) という意味になるのだと思いますが、 質問(1)「後」に当たる単語がありませんが、何故でしょうか? 質問(2)onは副詞で、from that day on(その日から)と同じで、「a hundred years(後の世界)から」みたいに「から」の意味になるのかな? と思ったのですが、正しい理解でしょうか? 基本的なことかも知れませんが、偶然こういったonは始めて目にしたような気がします。 教えてください、よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳ができなくて困ったます!!助けてください!

It has been widely recognized in recent years that one of the limitations of classical probabilistic risk analysis (PRA) is that although it does include operator failures that are directly involved in the failure modes,it does not identify those that affect the system indirectry,nor does it point to the organizational roots of these errors. っていう文なんですけど、ちょっと手に負えなくて困っています。英語に自身のあるかたお願いします。 特に後半の各節がどのように結びつくのかがさっぱろです。