Europe's Strategic Importance in Britain: Saudi Opposition and Influence

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the significance of Britain, especially London, in the European context due to its role in hosting Saudi and broader Islamist opposition groups, as well as the Arab press influenced by Saudi patronage.
  • Discover how Saudi aims abroad involve countering dissidence and propagating their vision of Islam, with opposition being a key focus.
  • Gain insight into the importance of understanding the structure of the given text, as well as the specific meaning of 'opposition' in this context.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文章構造がよくわかりません

,が多く、どう繋がっているかわからないので、文章構造を説明していただけたらと思います。 Yet, having said that, within the European context, Britain - and in particular, London - now has greater strategic importance because part of the Saudi, and broader Islamist, opposition is based there, as well as much of the Arab press, which is also subject to Saudi patronage and influence; and an important part of Saudi aims abroad is to counteract dissidence, as well as to propagate their vision of Islam. oppositionとは何のことを指すのか、を含めご教授お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは! Yet, having said that, within the European context, Britain - and in particular, London - now has greater strategic importance because part of the Saudi, and broader Islamist, opposition is based there, as well as much of the Arab press, which is also subject to Saudi patronage and influence; and an important part of Saudi aims abroad is to counteract dissidence, as well as to propagate their vision of Islam. (1)お尋ねのopposition ですが、the Saudi, and broader Islamist, opposition の部分、Saudi も broader Islamist も、opposition に係っています。「サウジアラビア、および、より広範なイスラム原理主義に対する反対勢力」という意味だと思います。 (2)直訳しますと、以下のようになっています。 しかし、それを認めたうえで、ヨーロッパの関わりで言えば、イギリス、殊にロンドンが、戦略的な意味での重要性では上であろう。というのは、サウジアラビア、および、より広範なイスラム原理主義に対する反対勢力は、そこに根城を有しており、さらに、サウジアラビアの資金の供与と影響力を受けているアラブの報道機関の多くも、そこに本拠を据えているからである。サウジアラビアの海外における目的の重要部分は、彼らのイスラム教観を広めると同時に、彼らの敵対勢力に対抗することである。 (3)論理的構造は―― ★サウジアラビアは、海外において、1)彼らのイスラム教観を広めたい;また、2)彼らの敵対勢力に対抗したい。 ★1)の点では、サウジアラビアの資金の供与と影響力を受けているアラブの報道機関の多くが、イギリス、殊にロンドンにある。 ★2)の点でも、サウジアラビアに対する反対勢力、および、より広範なイスラム原理主義に対する反対勢力が、イギリス、殊にロンドンに根城を有している。 ★したがって、ヨーロッパの中では、イギリス、殊にロンドンが、戦略的な意味で大きな重要性を持っている。 となっています。 以上、少しでも御参考になれば幸いです。

関連するQ&A

• 下記文章の構造について質問があります。

Very early on we discussed the Books as a project in which we wanted to try to galvanize and apply our often rather conceptual artistic endeavours and experiments of the past into a kind of music that a broader audience might relate to, instead of just our family, friends and colleagues. この文章のSはどこにあたりますか? Very early onで始めたばかりの頃。という意味になりますよね。 なので、Sはwe We discussed the booksでSVO As a projectとあって、in whichとありますが、先行詞はthe booksです。 なので、 We wanted to try to galvanize and apply our in The Books でしょうか? そうなると、oftenが唐突に出てきているように見えてしまうし、ずっと後にあるmight relate toも説明をつける事ができません。 often rather conceptual artistic endeavours and experiments of the past これに対するSというか構造がわかりません・・・。 正直構造に対してお手上げです。なので意味もつかみ切れていないです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

"French intentions in Syria are surely incompatible with the war aims of the Allies as defined to the Russian Government. If the self-determination of nationalities is to be the principle, the interference of France in the selection of advisers by the Arab Government and the suggestion by France of the Emirs to be selected by the Arabs in Mosul, Aleppo, and Damascus would seem utterly incompatible with our ideas of liberating the Arab nation and of establishing a free and independent Arab State. The British Government, in authorising the letters despatched to King Hussein [Sharif of Mecca] before the outbreak of the revolt by Sir Henry McMahon, would seem to raise a doubt as to whether our pledges to King Hussein as head of the Arab nation are consistent with French intentions to make not only Syria but Upper Mesopotamia another Tunis. If our support of King Hussein and the other Arabian leaders of less distinguished origin and prestige means anything it means that we are prepared to recognise the full sovereign independence of the Arabs of Arabia and Syria. It would seem time to acquaint the French Government with our detailed pledges to King Hussein, and to make it clear to the latter whether he or someone else is to be the ruler of Damascus, which is the one possible capital for an Arab State, which could command the obedience of the other Arabian Emirs."

• 文章の構造が分かりません

長い文章ですみません。 Declare that any place within or beyond China is infected with a quarantinable disease, or that a quarantinable disease is liable to be brought or carried from or through that place, and thereupon and for so long as such declaration remains in force, that shall be a proclaimed place within the meaning of these regulations. 構造がよく分かりません、また意味もはっきりしません。よろしく

• 次の英文の文型、文章構造を教えてください。

次の5文のSVやOC、関係詞の始まりや名詞節や副詞節などを教えてください!! (1)You must keep the creativity flowing; time should be set aside for coming up with new ideas  and approaches in an unstructured way, an activity known as brainstorming. (2)These factors illustrate the point that stars are not born as geniuses, but reach that level as a result of constant effort and common sense. (3)There is, however, one additional point that is essential for the creation of a star performer; that is, a company which encourages its workers to aspire to a higher level of performance. (4)If people are working independently there may be less pressure; but when it comes to working in a company, people may try to improve their own position by making things difficult for their co-workers, which often results in a lot of talent being wasted. (5)If all employees in companies could outgrow their desire to save face, move away from working in isolation and towards helping and simulating one another, and start making judgement from a broader perspective, the chance for stars to be born would expand.

• この文章の和訳を教えてください。

It should be noticed that Λ_f is independent of both ei~ and R. In order to compare Λ_K with Λ_f clearly, we consider the ratio of these, that is, γ=Λ_K/Λ_f=3.0C_K(R/1AU)^1/2, (4・9) which is independent of the mass of the planet. The values of γare listed in Table I as well as those of C_K. As the parameter C_K is approximately proportional to R^-1/2 (see Fig.11), γ is almost independent of R and is 2.3 for ei~=0 and 1.4 for ei~=4. This indicates that, though the result is obtained in the limited framework of the two-dimensional particle motion, the collisional rate of Keplerian particles is enhanced by a factor of about 2.3 or 1.4 compared to that estimated in a free space formula, as long as we are concerned with the two cases of eccentricity. Furthermore, as seen from Table I, γ for the case ei~=4 is significantly smaller than that of the case ei~=0. This seems to confirm the conjecture that γ tends to unity in the high energy limit (i.e., ei~→∞), or in other words, the free space formula is right only in the high energy limit. お手数ではございますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

• 文章の訳と文構造を教えて欲しいです・・

こんにちは。質問に来ました。訳を教えて欲しいです。 It is necessary to prevent a crime from being committed or a suspect from escaping. fromが二個出てきてどう訳したらいいかわからないです。 A and B, C という風なandの決まりと同じで、ここでは from A or B, from C としているんでしょうか? It is important to note that a person who simply appears out of place based. 最後にどうしてbasedがついているんでしょうか? ここが分からないです。あと、ここのwhoはthatではいけないんでしょうか? On the manner in which he or she is dressed, is not alone cause for suspicion on the part of a police officer. On the manner in which he or she is dressed の部分がよく分からないです。Sのようなんですが。。 全体の訳が知りたいです。 The officer must believe that immediate action must be taken to prevent the commission of a crime or a suspect from escaping. うまく訳せずに、「警察官は、直接的な行動は犯罪の関わり、あるいは容疑者が逃げ出すことを 妨げるととられなければならないと信じなければならない」となってしまいます。 どう考えればうまく訳せるのでしょうか? If the suspect appeare, for example, to be checking out parked cars for the possibility of stealing one, an officer may well be able to wait until the crime is in progress (thereby having probable cause for an arrest) or even until the crime is actually committed, when patrol cars can be diapatched to arrest the individual. これは長くて申し訳ないんですが、どうしても訳せません。。 ちゃんと訳さず、大雑把に考えたやつなら、下の感じであるんですが、ちゃんと文の構造を知りたいです。訳も知りたいです。 「例えば、もし容疑者が駐車場で盗む車を物色中であるなら、警察官はそのとき、パトロールカーを容疑者を逮捕するために 覆面パトカーにしておいて、犯罪が実際に行われるまで待ったほうがいい」 こんな感じになっちゃいます。。 括弧内も難しく感じます・・。 An officer must make a quick decision based on all the circumstances. 上のほうでも聞いたんですが、どうしてbesedが入っているんでしょうか? 訳す際にはどうすればいいんでしょうか? A person suspected of breaking and entering may ver well be carrying a weapon. very wellってどういうことなんでしょうか。。 ここがよく分からず、全体が訳せません。。 The officer should be aware of the behavior of the person once the stop is made. aware of the behavior of the person と once the stop is made が分からないです。。 特に後半のほうが何を言っているのか見当も付きません。。 長くなってすみません。 おねがいします。

• 以下の文章の和訳をお願いします。

1. Introduction The role and exact extent of natural and anthropogenic forcing for the climate evolution has been under much debate and one of the major sources of external forcing can be through solar variability. As is well summarized by Hoyt and Schatten (1997), several meteorological phenomena, such as temperature variations, cloud coverage, frequency of lightning strikes, and droughts, seem to be responding to solar variables over a wide range of time scales such as the 27-day solar rotation period, 11-year activity cycle, 22-year polarity reversal cycle and the other longer quasi-cyclic periods. Although the most straightforward mechanism of the sun–climate connection is the direct heating of the earth by solar radiation, it is unlikely that the entire solar influence on climate can be attributed simply to the variation of TSI (Foukal et al., 2004 and Foukal et al., 2006).

• この文章の和訳を教えてください。

We will add some comments on the choice of the initial conditions. It should be noticed that we need not survey every set of phase parameters, ε_i and δ_i, when the semi-major axis and the eccentricity of the particle orbit are once fixed. This is due to the fact that there are numberless same orbits with different sets of ε_i and δ_i. Therefore, noticing that δ_i has a 2π-modulous, we can represent, practically, all of the possible phase of the Keplerian orbits by ε_i=constant and -π≦δ≦π. Secondly, we will transform a_i and e_i to b_i~ and e_i~, respectively, according to                       a_i=1+b_i~h (2・9) and                       e_i=e_i~h. (2・10) Here h is the radius of the sphere within which the gravity of the planet overcomes the solar gravity, i.e., the radius of the Hill sphere, and is defined in the units adopted here as                 h=(μ/3)^(1/3)=2.15×10^(-3), (2・11) where the planetary mass M is chosen to be 5.977×10^25g, i.e., one-hundredth of the present terrestrial mass. As shown by Hayashi et al, there exists an approximate similarity law between solutions to the plane circular RTB problem as long as μ≦10^-4, which is well scaled by the above transformations and, hence, the results obtained for the special choice of μ (or M) can apply extensively to the problem with different value of μ. 長い文章ですが、ご教授いただけると助かります。

• 文章解釈 My reasoned choice..

添付ファイル文章にある My reasoned choice is as indifferent to the reasoned choice of my neighbor, as to his breath and body. に関する質問です。 文法と意味がちゃんと適切に理解できているか自信がないので、解釈を見ていただきたいです。 as ……asの部分をちゃんと理解できているか自信がないです。 My reasoned choice is as indifferent to the reasoned choice of my neighbor, as to his breath and body. に語句を補えば、 My reasoned choice is as indifferent to the reasoned choice of my neighbor, as (my reasoned choice is indifferent) to his breath and body. となる。 「わたしの道理にかなった選択は、わたしの 隣人の呼吸や体に対して無関心であるのと同じように、彼の道理にかなった選択に無関心である。」 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

The British notes taken during a meeting of the The Big Four held in Paris on March 20, 1919 and attended by Woodrow Wilson, Georges Clemenceau, Vittorio Emanuele Orlando as well as Lloyd George and Lord Balfour, and Lloyd George explained the British point of view concerning the agreement. The notes revealed that the blue area in which France was "allowed to establish such direct or indirect administration or control as they may desire and as they may think fit to arrange with the Arab State or Confederation of Arab States" did not include, according to the British, Damascus, Homs, Hama, or Aleppo. In area A (the blue area in the map) France was "prepared to recognise and uphold an independent Arab State or Confederation of Arab States'.