• 締切済み

アメリカンイーグルで・・・困っています。

先日、AEで注文し無事に届いたのですが、中を開けると注文した3点が足りない・・・某サイトの定型文でその旨を伝えると、電話してください。の内容。しかし、電話でお話できるほど英語はできませんので、再度、その旨を何とか伝えたら、下記のような内容でメールがきました。しかし、微妙なニュアンスが理解できません。何と言ってきているのでしょうか?困っています、助けてください。 Dear AE Friend, Thank you for your recent email. We apologize for the problems that have occurred with your order. We have issued a full refund for your items, due to non-receipt. Please allow up to 2 billing cycles for this refund to be posted to your account. We appreciate your consideration in this matter. Thank you for your interest in American Eagle Outfitters 何か、私がなさねばならない事があるでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

みんなの回答

noname#29140
noname#29140
回答No.3

すいません。 あわてて書いたもので、英字にスペルミスがあって回答がダブってしまいました。 英文の最初の方は、detail とthe itemsの間に前置詞のofを入れていただいて、最後はRedardsではなく Regardsです。以上 失礼しました。

noname#29140
noname#29140
回答No.2

ニューヨークから失礼します。紳士服飾業務に携わるとともに、服飾評論家、輸出入業務に精通し、そして日本の高校で英語と世界史を教える資格を持っている者です。今回のAEからの英文の内容自体は、それほど高度なものではありません。が、若干のあいまいさが気になるところです。  まず、手紙の要旨ですが、 (1)AEサイドは、cisco777さんの言い分を全面的に認め、 (2)未着分の商品についての代金を全額返金する、 とういうことで、あなたが特に現段階でactionを起す必要は何もないかと思います。  但し(先方もプロが書いた手紙ではないので)気になる点としては、先方の文中に (3)未納の商品に関する品番、サイズ、個数についての銘記がなく、 (4)そのため返金総額について何も記されておらず、 且、 (5)返金の手続き完了までに、allow up to 2 billing cycles と 記されている点が上げられるでしょうか。 (5)の文から、この度のお買い物については、あなたはクレジットカードでされていると思います。 ここでbilling cycleとは、クレジットカードの毎月の締め日のことを意味しており、 (6)従って AEは、返金については、”最長で2ヶ月かかるのでその旨了解して欲しい”と言ってきているわけです。   2ヶ月は やや長いような気がしないでもないですが、AEをはじめとする大手の通販の場合、受注センターと倉庫は 必ずしも同一のロケーションにあるとも限らず、むしろかなり離れて位置していることが普通です。おそらく簡単ながら、今回の事故の調査にそれなりの日数(数週間程度)かけるものと予想され、マネージャー等の決裁を得た上での返金というプロセスになるものと思われます。もちろんAE自体は きちんとした会社ですので、特に心配はいらないとは思いますが。 日本の小売業とは違って、アメリカの小売業は、proof証拠、つまりレシート等があれば、返金を拒むことは特別の理由がない限り出来ないのです。  また出荷業務そのものを自社ではなく、専門の倉庫会社に委託して、受注商品のpick up、packingから実際のshipping業務までまかせているケースもあり、残念ながら今回のようなケースはよくあること、と言えます。 誤解のないように申し上げておくと、例え、自社倉庫で、自社の社員が業務を行っていたとしても、結果はほとんど変わらないでしょう。残念ながら、こういう仕事についている人たちの勤務態度、意識は、まだ日本の方が高いように思います。  先ほど特に あなたはno action requiredと申し上げましたが、念のため、未着の商品の品番、サイズ、個数、単価、及びトータルの金額を米ドル建てにて記し、かつ先方の担当者、及び責任者の名前、e-mail addressなども念のため確認しておくとよいでしょう。  余計なお世話かもしれませんが、このケースの交信記録など、全て時系列にて整理の上、ファイルを用意し保管されておくことをお薦めします。   最後に、最長二ヶ月後の返金が あなたの口座において確認されるまで 油断は出来ませんが、クレジットカードにて米ドルの買い物をされている以上、為替の状況によって 差損が発生する可能性がありますが、これについて、粘って取り返すことも不可能ではないかもしれませんが、もし大きな額でなければ、目をつぶってもよいかと思います。 Dear ---- I understand that you will make a full refund for the items which I am not receipt of. I would like you to have double-check about the detail the items. They are as follows ; *** 未着商品の品番、サイズ、金額などを記して、最後にあなたが   期待する返金の総額を記してください。 Therefore, The total amount of refund is $------ and I should expect that it will be completed within the next two billing cycles. It is appreciated if you could confirm this matter by return. Just in case, please let me know whom I should contact if I have further questions. Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, " Your name " 今回のようなケースは 今後とも起こる可能性は十分にあります。これをいいチャンスとして、もう少し英語の勉強を進めてみましょう。 アメリカの服が好きならば、英語が出来た方が、より”本物”に近づけるのではないでしょうか。

noname#29140
noname#29140
回答No.1

ニューヨークから失礼します。紳士服飾業務に携わるとともに、服飾評論家、輸出入業務に精通し、そして日本の高校で英語と世界史を教える資格を持っている者です。今回のAEからの英文の内容自体は、それほど高度なものではありません。が、若干のあいまいさが気になるところです。  まず、手紙の要旨ですが、 (1)AEサイドは、cisco777さんの言い分を全面的に認め、 (2)未着分の商品についての代金を全額返金する、 とういうことで、あなたが特に現段階でactionを起す必要は何もないかと思います。  但し(先方もプロが書いた手紙ではないので)気になる点としては、先方の文中に (3)未納の商品に関する品番、サイズ、個数についての銘記がなく、 (4)そのため返金総額について何も記されておらず、 且、 (5)返金の手続き完了までに、allow up to 2 billing cycles と 記されている点が上げられるでしょうか。 (5)の文から、この度のお買い物については、あなたはクレジットカードでされていると思います。 ここでbilling cycleとは、クレジットカードの毎月の締め日のことを意味しており、 (6)従って AEは、返金については、”最長で2ヶ月かかるのでその旨了解して欲しい”と言ってきているわけです。   2ヶ月は やや長いような気がしないでもないですが、AEをはじめとする大手の通販の場合、受注センターと倉庫は 必ずしも同一のロケーションにあるとも限らず、むしろかなり離れて位置していることが普通です。おそらく簡単ながら、今回の事故の調査にそれなりの日数(数週間程度)かけるものと予想され、マネージャー等の決裁を得た上での返金というプロセスになるものと思われます。もちろんAE自体は きちんとした会社ですので、特に心配はいらないとは思いますが。 日本の小売業とは違って、アメリカの小売業は、proof証拠、つまりレシート等があれば、返金を拒むことは特別の理由がない限り出来ないのです。  また出荷業務そのものを自社ではなく、専門の倉庫会社に委託して、受注商品のpick up、packingから実際のshipping業務までまかせているケースもあり、残念ながら今回のようなケースはよくあること、と言えます。 誤解のないように申し上げておくと、例え、自社倉庫で、自社の社員が業務を行っていたとしても、結果はほとんど変わらないでしょう。残念ながら、こういう仕事についている人たちの勤務態度、意識は、まだ日本の方が高いように思います。  先ほど特に あなたはno action requiredと申し上げましたが、念のため、未着の商品の品番、サイズ、個数、単価、及びトータルの金額を米ドル建てにて記し、かつ先方の担当者、及び責任者の名前、e-mail addressなども念のため確認しておくとよいでしょう。  余計なお世話かもしれませんが、このケースの交信記録など、全て時系列にて整理の上、ファイルを用意し保管されておくことをお薦めします。   最後に、最長二ヶ月後の返金が あなたの口座において確認されるまで 油断は出来ませんが、クレジットカードにて米ドルの買い物をされている以上、為替の状況によって 差損が発生する可能性がありますが、これについて、粘って取り返すことも不可能ではないかもしれませんが、もし大きな額でなければ、目をつぶってもよいかと思います。 Dear ---- I understand that you will make a full refund for the items which I am not receipt of. I would like you to have double-check about the detail the items. They are as follows ; *** 未着商品の品番、サイズ、金額などを記して、最後にあなたが   期待する返金の総額を記してください。 Therefore, The total amount of refund is $------ and I should expect that it will be completed within the next two billing cycles. It is appreciated if you could confirm this matter by return. Just in case, please let me know whom I should contact if I have further questions. Thank you in advance for your help. Redards, " Your name " 今回のようなケースは 今後とも起こる可能性は十分にあります。これをいいチャンスとして、もう少し英語の勉強を進めてみましょう。 アメリカの服が好きならば、英語が出来た方が、より”本物”に近づけるのではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• キャンセル、できていますか?

海外のホテルサイトで、なぜか予約完了メールが届いたものです。 なんとか、予約は間違いでキャンセルしたい!とメールしたのですが。 回答メールが届きましたが。 これは、キャンセルできているのでしょうか? We would like to thank you for your booking request. We have taken into consideration your wish not to confirm the booking for ●●HOTEL , from 20/09/2009 to 22/09/2009. Therefore, we must inform you that at this point this request in cancelled. Should you be interested in finding a more suitable accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate the confidence you have placed in us, Monsieur (名前)and look forward to providing you with an optimal service

• アマゾンから来たメールの意味が謎…教えてください

以前アマゾンで買い物した件について、以下の様なメールが届きました。 We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of JPY707 for your Order ***-*******-*******. This refund is for the following item(s): Item:***********(PCのソフトウェアの名前です) Quantity: 1 ASIN: ********* Reason for refund: Export fee reduced Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item: Import Fee Deposit Refund: JPY707 We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s): Visa Credit Card [expiring on */****]: JPY707 This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it. Have questions about our refund policy? Visit our Help section for more information: 内容からは支払われた料金の一部を、輸送料金が減ったので、お返しします、という意味のようですが、そういうことってあるんでしょうか?米国アマゾンで買い物したのは初めてなので教えてください。

• 英文でクレームをつけるには?

英amazonのマーケットプレイスで指揮者"A"のCDを購入したところ、指揮者・オケ違いのCDが届きました。それもブックレットが指揮者"B"、盤が指揮者"C"とめちゃくちゃでした。 つたない英文で"返品するから返金してくれ"と送ったところ、 For sure you can send your Order "A" back to us. At the point of arriving we will refund your money. Please send it to. 返品してくれたら返金すると解釈しましたが、返品送料にEMS1500円かかるため、あわせて返金ほしい旨を伝えたいのですが、どのように英作文すればよろしいでしょうか? ちなみに商品・送料あわせてGBP13.22ですので、GBP10を加えてGBP23.22返金してほしいと考えています。 また英amazonからは We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in the amount of JPY2,212.63 for your Order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from shop-A. This refund is for the following item(s): Item: XXXXX Quantity: 1 Reason for refund: Account adjustment The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item: Item Refund: JPY1,613.45 Shipping Refund: JPY599.19 Your refund is being credited as follows: Credit Card: JPY2,212.63 These amounts will be returned to your payment instruments within 10 business days. Have questions about our refund policy? とメールが来ています。 こちらにも「返品するから日本からの送料1500円を加えて返金してくれ」と伝えたいと思っています。 こちらの英作文についてもよろしくご教授くださいませ。

• 翻訳してもらえませんか

We have sent you many emails previously discussing the situation in regards to your order. Your order was left abandoned by UPS because you was away from your shipping address for 3 months. Our company had to pay the cost of £137.00 to have this returned otherwise this would have been a loss to us by your absence. As your product refund total only comes up to £116.00, you will not be receiving this refund as this is covering the cost of the return of the order (£137.00) and our company has paid the remaining £21.00 outstanding. NO REFUND will be issued.

• どなたか翻訳願います。

先日アメリカンイーグルというブランドの公式ホームページにて、商品を注文したのですが、翌日に下記のようなメールが送られてきました。 Dear AE Shopper, Thank you for contacting AE! To enhance security to our customers we have instituted several new checks on orders to ensure the order is not being placed fraudulently. Your order was pulled for this verification process. Therefore your order was not allowed to process further. If you would like for us to again attempt to receive the authorization necessary to process the order please send a fax of your most recent billing statement, showing the last four digits of your credit card number as well as your address, along with your drivers license/state id to 724-779-7891, please include your order number. If you do not have access to a fax machine, please email/scan the requested documents as an attachment and send to customerservice@ae.com. If you have any further questions please call 1-866-338-2389 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and we would be happy to assist you. Thanks for being a part of the American Eagle brand! さっぱりわからないのですが、要は受け付けられなかったということでしょうか?

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

翻訳ソフトを使用せずに翻訳の程、宜しくお願いいたします。 Thank you for contacting Sierra Trading Post regarding order. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. According to our records, you contacted us about the exact same order on 5/8. The partial refund offer of $44 was given. If you are not satisfied with this amount and request to be refunded in full, you will need to send the item back. Again we apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to your response. Have a great weekend! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• どなたか英訳をお願いいたします。

下記英訳を宜しくお願いいたします。 I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused . I see that a refund for order #******** was initiated by your Seller on September 01,2012 in the amount of GBP 8.14, and appears to be processing normally. This refund should be applied to your payment card within 4-6 business days. You should have received an e-mail informing you of this. In this case, a refund can be considered an order cancellation by the Seller. Whenever payment for a Seller order has been successfully submitted and then refunded, the order details will continue to appear in Your Account for your reference. When payment for an order is not completed, for example, if the credit card is declined, the cancelled order won’t appear in Your Account. If you have any further questions, please get in touch by replying to this e-mail. If you prefer to call us, we're available 7 days a week 06.00 to midnight, local UK time.

• 翻訳お願いします

英語から日本語に訳してほしいです。 航空券を間違えて予約し、今キャンセルの手続きをお願いしているところなのですが、英語でのやり取りのみで難しいです。 翻訳お願い致します。 Thank you for your email. If you choose to cancel your booking we can refund the ticket price minus the cancellation fee of 27600 JPY per person. According to the latest regulations, airlines no longer refund all of the taxes. We do not refund earlier charged fees and possible insurances (except the travel insurance). Please note that you must receive a written confirmation from us that your booking has been cancelled prior to the departure of the flight in order to claim any refund. Please confirm if you want to cancel your booking and apply for refund according to the above terms. We have not cancelled your booking yet. Kind regards,

• 翻訳できる方、お願いいたします

We regret to inform you that since you have purchased some items (face mask, cosmetics, gloves, etc.) cannot be shipped due to logistics shipping policy. in your order GSHMDT0000003B9, we will not send it due to the logistics. In order to allow the shipment of the remaining items for an order normally, we have cancelled the items on your order. The refund has been sent to your SHEIN wallet. The balance can be used for future purchases or transferred to your bank account. Thank you for understanding. 30 points will be sent to your SHEIN account as a compensation in 48 hours. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. 海外通販で買い物したら このようなメールが届きました どう対応したら良いか わからなくて…

• 英訳をお願いします。若干、難しめ。

I see that you have many straight razors for sale. I am in the process of opening a 'Shaving Store' in Southern California. I would be interested in purchasing a number of quality straight razors for my stock. Would you be interested in selling a number of your razors to me at a price level that would allow me to resell them ? Please advise and thank you for your kind consideration to this matter.

専門家に質問してみよう