この英文の意味は?

stop in the name of your love かなり調べたつもりですが分りません。教えて下さいませ。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Harry 721さんが丁寧に答えておられたのを見て、随分昔(約35年ほど前)に白黒のVTRでダイアナ・ロスとシュープリムズが歌っているのをテレビ番組で見た記憶がありまして、その中でお伺いの歌を歌っていたのを覚えております。その中で"Stop!"という時に、ダイアナ・ロスさんが右手を前に出して「止まってちょうだい!」または「やめて!」という意味のジェスチャーをしていたのを思い出しました。やはりこれはHarry 721さんのご指摘通り、Stop! in the name of love ということだと思います。蛇足ながらご参考頂ければと思います。 itkenjirouより

その他の回答 (1)

• Harry721
  • ベストアンサー率36% (690/1870)
回答No.1

これはGlobeのヒットナンバー Stop! in the name of your love のことですね。 your love ではなくただのloveだと思います。 Globeは日本のロックグループですが、この曲はダイアナ・ロスとシュープリームスのヒット曲をカバーしたものです。 stop in the name of your love だと意味が分かりませんが、 Stop! in the name of your love だと意味が分かりますよね。 「止まってくれ(行かないで)! (あなたの)愛という名において」 ですね。 in the name of ~ は「~の御名において」という慣用句で、in the name of God(神の御名において)など良く使われます。 ちなみに前後の歌詞を読んでみるとよく分かります。 Baby,baby,I'm aware of where you go Each time you leave my door I watch you walk down the street Knowing your other love you'll meet This time before you run to her Leaving me alone and hurt After I've been good to you After I've been sweet to you Stop! in the name of love Before you break my heart Stop! in the name of love Before you break my heart Stop! in the name of love Before you break my heart Stop! in the name of love Before you break my heart Think it over, think it over, think it over, think it over...

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味がわかりません

Estimate the average number of people that you think each Member of your network (i.e. each of your direct and indirect referrals) will directly refer. Note : This number is not your total number of extended referrals, but rather a guess of how well the average Members in your network will recruit others. とあるのですが、いまいち分かりません。宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

自分のインスタに下記のようなメッセージがきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I have seen your Instagram and I do love the colours of your AAA. I agree that Japan and USA have different popular style.

• グローブです

グローブの「Stop! in the name of love」って 誰かの曲のカバーですか? 家族が誰かのカバーだと言うんですか、誰のカバーか 分りません。 誰かご存知の方がいましたらご回答願います。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 「Stop!In the Name of Love」を歌っていたグループ名を!

よくいろんな人にカバーされる「Stop!In the Name of Love」 という曲ですが、元々は海外のどのグループが 歌っていた曲なのでしょうか?(一番初めに歌った歌手と言いますか)

• 英文の和訳です。

できるだけ、意訳を避けて訳していただけると助かります。 知らない化学物質の名前などが多く、難しく感じました。あと、人の名前もよく分かりません… スペルのチェックはしましたが、もしも間違っていましたらすみません。 お願いします。  Dr.Michael Liebowitz has found that love is not that spontaneous, mysterious feeling, but is the result of chemical reactions.  Scientists still do not know very much about the chemistry of human emotions; however, they have known for some time that specific chemicals are the cause of feelings and emotions.  Working at New York State Psychiatric Institute, Dr.Liebowitz has identified the chemical that transfers the feeling of love to the brain. This “love chemical” has the formal name phenylethylamine and is a member of the amphetamine family. Amphetamine are chemicals that cause adrenaline to be produced in the body. When your body produces adrenaline you will breathe faster and will feel your heart beat faster. Also, your face may get red and your hands may shake. In other words, you will be acting as if you are in the first stage of falling in love.  In addition, Dr. Liebowitz has found another connection between love and the “love chemical” phenylethylamine. This connection is chocolate, which contains large amounts of the chemical. When observing parents who tended to fall in and out of love rather more often than the average person, he noticed that when a romance ended, these people tended to eat chocolates. Dr. Liebowitz concluded that brokenhearted people, without actually realizing it, eat chocolates to get a similar feeling of being “in love”. So he or she eats chocolates to increase the body´s level of the love chemical. (Could it be that when we give our loved ones chocolates, we unconsciously expect to increase their levels of the “love chemical”, and consequently their feelings of love?)  It has also been found that love is based in the brain, not in the heart. Dr. J. Money, of John Hopkins University, has found that people who have had certain kinds of brain operations are incapable of experiencing romantic love, although they can experience other emotions. Dr. Money thinks that the day will come when we will be able to fully explain the chemistry of love. 以上です。

• 英文添削していただけませんか??急ぎです

ある海外女優さんへ送る、ファンビデオ?のようなものに参加させていただくことになりました。 それで、このメッセージを入れてもらおうと思っているのですが 不自然な部分などがあったら添削していただきたいです>< お願いします;; Hi. My name is ○○. Your smile always makes me happy. You're the most attractive of the world!! I'm so proud of you and i love you forever. Please, be in much more wonderful actress and singer from now on. I hope i can meet you someday:)) Thank you. Love you so much!! xx

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

All of this of course is an assumption that you have made about people. * An appearance before your very eyes that does not exist, in that it does not need to exist.* For the veil which separates you, is a veil that is not of true nature. この*~*の意味がよくわからないのですが、特に in that というのは、in appearance と言う意味なんでしょうか? その後の it もappearance を指しているのでしょうか?

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。お願い致します。

Thanks much for your reply. Can you confirm your attendance (party of two) by September 4? We can always add you in but wanted to arrange everything well in advance.

• 次の英文の意味

Everyone who publishes in this review has to agree in advance that if a poem is printed in one of its regular issues, the magazine also has the right to reprint it, without monetary compensation, in its annual anthology. This review makes enough money from sales of its anthologies to cover most operation expenses. So, if your magazine also published an anthology of poems first printed in your magazine, you could depend less on donations. After all, most poems published in your magazine are very similar to those published in this journal. 出版業・事情に詳しくなくどういう事を言っているのか混乱しました。publish in reviewは出版ではなく著作を載せることでしょうか? printが出版?(印刷?)でしょうか。 後半のSoからが特に混乱したんですが、ざっくり訳していただけることは可能でしょうか? 前半は、自分のかいた詩がマガジンに載せたらそのマガジンはアンソロジーにさらに載せる権利があって、特に補償の必要がない、という事だと思いますが。。