• ベストアンサー

英文で……

August 29, 2006 Tuesday I intend to write of an article of The Asahi Simbun today. According to The Asahi Simbun, KUROYANAGI Tetsuko's mother died of heart failure. And the chief mourner of funeral of her was her second son Noriaki. I think that her family is very sad.  ちなみに,私が考えていた文章は,こんな感じです。 2006年8月29日火曜日  今日私は,朝日新聞の記事について書こうと思います。  朝日新聞によると,黒柳徹子の母が心不全で亡くなったそうです。そして,彼女の葬式の喪主は,息子の次男紀明でした。  彼女の家族は大変悲しいだろう。  中学二年生なのですが,はたしてこれで正しいのでしょうか。校正をお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#34556
noname#34556
回答No.2

こんにちは。 私の中学2年の頃を考えますと、h18_2666は信じられないほどの素晴らしい英語力をお持ちのようですね。 参考までに、少しだけ私なりに訂正させて頂きますね。 I intend to write of an article of The Asahi Sinbun today.→ Today, I will write about an article of Asahi Sinbun. died は passed away でも良いでしょう。 And the chief mourner of funeral of her was her second son Noriaki.→the chief mourner was her second son Noriaki. andは必要ないと思いますよ。喪主もthe chief mournerだけで十分伝わると思います。 According to The Asahi Sinbun→ According to Asahi Shinbun 今日私は朝日新聞の記事について書こうと思います。朝日新聞によると,黒柳徹子さんのお母さまが心不全で亡くなったとのことでした。喪主は(喪主だけで十分ですよ)は次男の(次男だけで十分です)紀明さんでした。ご家族は大変悲しんでいると思います。 質問がありましたらお知らせくださると幸いです。

h18_2666
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。  英語は難解であまり得意ではありません^^;  passed away は,died よりも,遠回しな言い方なんですね。こういう言い換えみたいなものが多くて英語は奥が深いですね。  喪主の部分は入り込みすぎてましたか^^; ご指摘ありがとうございます。  お言葉に甘えて質問させていただきますが,According to The Asahi Sinbun の冠詞が省かれるのはなぜなのでしょう。御教授いただければ嬉しく存じます。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#34556
noname#34556
回答No.4

#2です。補足を拝見しました。 >英語は難解であまり得意ではありません^^; いえいえ素晴らしいです。本当です。海外にしばらくおりますが、現地のお子さんでも、きれいなまとまりのある文章を書けるとは限りません。 >passed away は,died よりも,遠回しな言い方なんですね。 おっしゃる通りです。日本語でも、亡くなった/死んだ/逝った/ 息絶えた...などなど表現があるのと同様です。日本語も奥が深いですよね。 >According to The Asahi Sinbun の冠詞が省かれるのはなぜなのでしょう 新聞、雑誌名の場合、the をつけてもつけなくても良いとされています。ただ新聞の場合ですと、the をつける場合も多々ありますので、今回の場合、付けておいた方が無難かも知れません。雑誌名の場合はほとんど必要ないと考えて良いと思います。 朝日新聞は Shinbun と思っていましたが、h18_2666さんが記載されたように、Shimbun とMを使用するのですね、知りませんでした。私も勉強になりました笑!

h18_2666
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。  お褒めいただき,恐悦に存じます。  奥深さが,多国語習得の難しさのゆえんなのでしょうね。でもそこが面白いです。  雑誌や新聞などに the が不要だというのは,大変参考になりました。 >朝日新聞は……  ありがとうございます(笑)。  以上で締め切らせていただきます。No.4様をはじめ,皆様誠にありがとうございました。

noname#20453
noname#20453
回答No.3

私なりに書いてみました。参考にしてください。 August 29, Tuesday, 2006 Today, I am going to write about an article in the Asahi Shimbun. According to the Asahi Shimbun,the mother of Tetsuko Kuroyanagi died of heart failure, and Noriaki, her second son, acted as chief mourner at the funeral. Her family must be very sad.

h18_2666
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。  日付の順番は,調べてもよく分からなかったので,つい適当になってしまっていて,気がかりでした。ご訂正ありがとうございます。  表現の違いなどが,英語は楽しいです。

• gori8063
  • ベストアンサー率36% (116/319)
回答No.1

和訳としてはたいへんよく出来ていると思いますよ。 敢えて日本語の使い方として指摘するなら、他人様のことを書くので人名のあとには「氏」や「さん」をつけるのがよろしいかと。 また、「母」という普通語も問題ないといえばないですが、「ご母堂」とかいう表記もいいかもしれません。

h18_2666
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。  あ,尊称をつい忘れていました。失礼ですよね^^;  なお,言葉がたりませんでしたが,これは自分で考えた日本語を,英訳してみたものです。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします

英文の添削をお願いします 2つの英文を作ったのですが、おかしいところがあれば 訂正と解説をお願いします。 1.To date with her , i would to ve happy during to.  (彼女とデートすれば、その間は幸せになれるだろう) 2.If only she were here i would have kiss her neck to behind of her.  (もし彼女がここにいれば、僕は後ろから彼女の首にキスするのに) 2.の後ろからというのは、from behind of her. と迷いましたが、 二つともピンときませんでした。。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)I had a sister who had diabetes. She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective genes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and world be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of sugar in her blood. Each day she would measure her sugar level and then inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado College. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to- be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced--- a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye ---except I did not know it. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with insulin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cadiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adamant. She had tried going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea, along with the rest of my famiy,remainedin California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of children. I settled on the two opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York.

• 英文がわかりません。

We walked round the new concrete verge of the old lake, and she continued the story of how she was led to give up general medical practice and take up psychology; and I looked at her as she spoke, through my dark glasses, and because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood.の英文がわからないのですが、 ●as I had seen her looking up from the lakeのasと as in my childhoodのasは、 「~のように」ですか? ●この英文は どのような構造になっているのでしょうか? because of the softening effect 、軟化効果のために、という出だしはわかるのですが。 前文は  "Must you wear those glasses?"  "Well, yes. The glare."  "The wearing of dark glasses," she said, "is a modern psychological phenomenon. It signifies the trend towards impersonalization, the weapon of the modern Inquisitor, it--"  "There's a lot in what you say." But I did not remove my glasses, for I had not asked for her company in the first place, and there is a limit to what one can listen to with the naked eye. となっています。 教えてください。 お願いします。

• お葬式(ジョーク)

宜しくお願いします。 “I think he means her legs.” っていう落ちなんですが、いったい何のことだかさっぱり わかりません。 何方か、落ち について、解説お願いします。 ■ The Funeral The preacher was delivering a sermon at Emily’s funeral.“Emily has had many ups and downs in her life, but she always soldiered on. She married her first husband at the tender age of 18 and had ten children with him. However, her husband died at a relatively young age. She married again and had seven more children, but again, her husband died. But, Emily found happiness again with her third husband, and had five more children, until he passed away last year. Alas, now Emily has also passed away. Thank you Lord, for sending us this determined and loving woman. Lord, they are finally together.” One mourner leaned over and whispered to her friend, “Do you think he means her first, second or third husband?”The friend replies, “I think he means her legs.”

• 以下の英文について教えてください

The mournful truth that a man — every man-must die alone, had been thrust sharply into my mind and kept there by the frequent violent attacks of my malady I suffered at that time, every one of which threatened to be the last. (中略) Then my mother died. Her perfect health failed her suddenly, and her decline was not long. But she suffered much, and on the last occasion of my being with her at her bedside she told me that she was very tired and had no fear of death, and would be glad to go but for the thought of leaving me in such a precarious state of health and with a mind distressed. Even then she put no questions to me, but only expressed the hope that her prayers for me would be answered and that at the last we should be together again. I cannot say, as I might say in the case of any other relation or friend, that I had lost her. (中略) It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago to have my secret and most cherished feelings about my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend who, albeit still young, has made himself a name in the world, one who had never known a mother, she having died during his infancy. <最後のIt came to me~の英文について>: It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago~のasは「~として」ですか? as I had never heard them expressed ~のasは「~のように」ですか? (themはmy secret and most cherished feelings ?) my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend のところの意味がよくわからないのですが、 expressedの取り方は、 my own mother expressed to me私自身の母親が私に表現した、 I had never heard them expressed私はそれらが表現されるのを決して聞いたことがない、 ですか? she having died during his infancyここは独立分詞構文で、「彼女は彼の幼年時代に亡くなってしまったので」? ----Far Away and Long Ago :W.H.Hudson

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)      

またまた英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)  一応、最後に私の表現したい内容を日本語で表記しておきます。 Tuesday, March 7, 2006    We had lots of sunshine. Hello, Candy. The other day, my friend of mine had a baby, so I went to a shopping mall to buy her some presents. I bought two t-shirts and two pairs of socks for her baby and baby's brother. I feel a complete taste in clothes, so my friend sure be pleased to see them. Don't you think so? Well, I must be going, see you soon. (日本語) 先日、友達に赤ちゃんが生まれたので、プレゼントを買いに行ったの。ティーシャツ2枚と靴下2足を、赤ちゃんとそのお兄ちゃんに買ったわ。われながら洋服のセンスはいいから、彼女きっと気に入ってくれると思う。そう思わない?

• 英文の意味が分かりにくい

Goodbye, Columbus  ONE の最後部分ですがイマイチ分かりにくい内容です。 We had to take about two too many steps to keep the approach from being awkward, but we pursued the impulse and kissed. I felt her hand on the back of my neck and so I tugged her towards me, too violently perhaps, and slid my own hands across the side of her body and around to her back. I felt the wet spots on her shoulder blades, and beneath them, I’m sure of it, a faint fluttering, as though something stirred so deep in her breasts, so far back, it could make itself felt through her shirt. It was like the fluttering of wings, tiny wings no bigger than her breasts. The smallness of the wings did not bother me—it would not take an eagle to carry me up those lousy 180 feet that make summer nights so much cooler in Short Hills than they are in Newark. I’m sure of it 以下の具体的なイメージが湧きません。抽象的な内容の様で長くて恐縮なんですが、具体的なイメージが湧くような日本語でザっと訳して頂けないでしょうか? I’m sure of it 以下で結構です。 so far back は、so far in her backの略でbackは背中の意味ですか?間違ってましたら正しい解釈を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• follow through

During my best friend L’s last two years of life, her brain cancer made her volatile and often unkind. I made a promise to her that I would look out for her socially isolated sister. Whenever I check in on her sister K, she blames me for not being a better friend to L while she was alive. I would have never promised to look out for K if I didn’t intend to follow through. if I didn’t intend to follow throughはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文について

長文で申し訳ないんですが、下の文をざっくりでいいので翻訳・解説してくれませんか? 自分で翻訳サイトなどに掛けてみても、意味がよく分からなくて、、、 I am a 59-year-old Japanese, born in 1941 (Showa 16). When I was a child, many of my teachers were very scary, probably because they had experienced the war. Unlike today, corporal punishment was allowed, so it was common to be slapped or punched. This was when I was in the sixth grade of elementary school (11-12 years old). One of my classmates was a girl whose family was poor, so she and her sister shared gym clothes for gym class. One day, however, her gym class coincided with her sister's class, and she didn't have any gym clothes because she had given them to my sister. I think it was an unavoidable reason, but the teacher did not allow the girl to not bring her gym clothes even though she had such a good reason. He ordered her to take off her plain everyday clothes , telling her that she was not allowed to take gym class in plain clothes. She took off her everyday clothes and attended the PE class in her underwear, that is, wearing only a pair of panties. Her classmates pointed and laughed at her shameful appearance in just her panties. Perhaps she was poorly nourished because of her poverty, her bare breasts weren't bulging at all. The girls made fun of her flat breasts, calling it "look like men". Also, a stupid boy took down her panties and tried to show everyone where her part which must be never seen(Fortunately, this ended in an attempt) She remembers feeling so embarrassed and humiliated that she almost started to cry. But she never gave in and gave her gym clothes to her sister on another day when the classes overlapped as well. It must have been an unbearable humiliation for a girl of her age to go to class almost naked and be seen by boys and girls of her age. She was a strong girl and was able to endure it, but an ordinary girl would not have been able to. I can only hope that there will never be another educator who gives this kind of education again.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The Romanian crossing of the Danube was contested by the Danube Flotilla of the Austro-Hungarian Navy, commanded by Captain Karl Lucich. The first Austro-Hungarian warships to enter combat were the patrol boats Barsch and Viza, on the morning of 2 October. Barsch was shelled by Romanian artillery and lost her steering, along with 3 of her crew killed and 5 wounded. The two patrol boats retreated, only to be replaced by the river monitors Bodrog and Körös. The two warships were unable to shatter the bridge with their guns. Romanian artillery fired at Bodrog, which took 5 hits and was forced out of the battle. Körös was also shelled by the Romanians, taking 12 hits and ran aground after her steam lines were severed by Romanian artillery.