• ベストアンサー

文法問題がわかりません

My professor implied ( )for thescholarship.で合わないものを選べで、選択肢は for me that I apply me to apply that I should apply to applyingで、解説はimply thatの語法で語法上、他の選択肢はすべて存在しないと書いてありました。他の選択しはどこがどうおかしいのかかがわかりません。意味的におかしいんでしょうか?わかる方、教えてください!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

これはimplyに関する語法問題ですね。こういう問題を解くには動詞がどういう形の構文を取るか、ということを知っていないとむずかしいですね(受験では狙われやすい動詞がいくつかあります)。 1. for me that I apply  これは, imply for 誰々 の形はこの動詞は取らないので、だめです。ただ、to me that I (should) apply の形はOKです。( 他の例: This implies to me that I have not made any mistakes. のようなかたち)。 2. me to apply   この形(例えば want だと He wanted me to stay out of it.のような形をとるが、imply は取らない(suggestもこの形をとりませんね))からアウト。 3. to apply  同じく、例えば want だと She wants to apply for ...のような形をとりますが、implyはとらないから、だめです。 4. imply は、(1)目的語を取る( She implied my responsibility for the trouble.)、(2)that節をとる(ただし、内容によって imply (to 誰々)thatの形も)。よって、これが○。 suggest という動詞もimplyと同じ形をとります(違う例が思い出せない)からいっしょに覚えておくといいでしょう。suggestはよく狙われる動詞ではないですか? よく語法で狙われそうな動詞をまとめて整理しておくと便利です。英語を能動的に使うようになると、語法に強いと力を発揮します。大卒で「私は彼がその部屋に入るのを見た(中学レベル?)」の英訳が正しく出来る人が少ないのが現実です。これも語法に弱いからです。 がんばってください。

love-kitten_1987
質問者

お礼

とても詳しくご説明いただいて有難うございます!動詞などはとるパターンを覚えておかないと、入試には勝てないですよね・・・頑張ります!!

関連するQ&A

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)( ) (1)I may not say so,but I cannot remember. (2)I may say so,but I cannot remember. (3)I might have said so,but I cannot remember. (2)It is not easy ( )a new language. (1)that I learn (2)me to learn (3)of me to learn (4)for me to learn (3)I want ( )honest. (1)Tom to be (2)Tom be (3)for Tom be (4)Tom is (4)Never fail( )your seat belt. (1)wear (2)wearing (3)to wear (4)in wearing (5)He managed ( )at the lecture hall in time. (1)arrive (2)arriving (3)to arrive (4)arrived (6)I will let Yumi( )what time will be convenient for me. (1)know (2)known (3)knowing (4)to know (7)I am afraid of ( )an accident. (1)his having (2)for him to have (3)he has (4)he having (8)You should practice ( )English in public. (1)speak (2)spoke (3)speaking (4)to speak (9)It's going to rain this afternoon. You should put off( )out. (1)go (2)went (3)going (4)to go (10)( ) (1)You should have your father to check the camera. (2)You should have your father check the camera. (3)You should have your father checked the camera.

• 英語の問題で分らないのがあるので教えてください。

空所に入る最も適切な語句を選んでください。 [1]John asked me ( ) would leave. (1)that you (2)that I (3)when I 次の(1)(2)の英文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、空所に適切な語を入れてください。 [2] (1)He said to us, "Please don`t wait for me if I am late." (2)He asked us ( ) ( ) wait for him if he was late. [3] (1)She said, "Let`s leave the baggage at the station." (2)She ( ) that ( ) should leave the baggage at the station. [4] (1)My father said to me, "I`m going to repair the fence. Help me, please." (2)My father told to me that ( ) was going to repair the fence and asked me ( ) help ( ).

• 文法的に良くわかりません

I would keep my lip zipped, if it weren’t for these “windows into the soul” that shopping with her gives me, and for my parental gut instinct that she would love to receive that offer of a first date. この文のfor my parental gut instinct that she would love to receive that offer of a first date.は文法的にどうなっているのでしょうか?なぜforなのかとof a first dateの文法が良くわかりません。 できれば意味もよろしくお願いします。

• 英文法の問題5問教えてくださいませんか?

どなたか教えてください☆ よろしくお願いします。 1 He knows little of mathematics, ( ) of chemistry.    (as well as,    still less,     no less than,     still more)のいずれかが入ります。 2私の今日があるのは母のおかげである。(   )に当てはまる1語を入れます。   My mother has (       ) me (        ) I am today. 3同じ内容になるように(    )に1語を入れます。   She stepped aside to let me pass.   She stepped aside (        )(       ) I (        ) pass. 4これで合っていますか?   We walked for ten minutes and came to the park.   A ten minutes' walk (brought ) (me ) to the park. 5これで合っていますか?   It is impossible that she should have done such a thing.   She ( has )( never ) done such a thing. 以上です。よろしくお願いします。

• 文法的にどうなっているのでしょうか

Guys (and girls!) flock to me for my looks and money, but how do I tell who actually likes me for who I am? tell who actually likes me for who I amのところは文法的にどうなっているのでしょうか?意味もよろしくお願いします

• 文法問題や訳

計3点あります。 i haven,t read ( ) of the docment yet, so i have no idea what is written there. でanyが入ると思うのですが、なぜですか?書類にsがつくと思うのですが。他bothやsomeが選択肢です。 i was so mad, and i let my tongue run away with me.訳を教えてください。 she kindly said to me,"I am ready, even anxious, to help you" 訳を教えてください。

• 文法的にわかりません

Dear Prudence, I was pretty badly bullied in high school for my appearance and being two years younger than everyone else. In college I started lifting weights, “blossomed” into my looks and life got much better. But the emotional scars remained. Earlier this year I started a new job and discovered the administrative assistant for my group was one of my bullies from high school. I know she recognized me because she made a joke about how much I’d changed and said we had to “catch up sometime.” I was cold but polite for the sake of our professional relationship, but she must have mistaken it for forgiveness, because last week at a work happy hour, she apologized again that “everyone” was so rough on me in high school—then she hit on me. I was so infuriated that I ended up being very cruel and mocked her until she left in tears. It turns out revenge doesn’t feel so good after all, and I’ve been avoiding her entirely. I’m afraid my boss is going to start asking why I’m wasting time on things the admin should be doing. Still I don’t feel like apologizing to her, because what kind of jerk hits on someone they used to treat like dirt? Should I tell my boss what happened? I know he values me highly, so he might be willing to let me work with his administrative assistant, but I’m afraid that might come off as childish. —Did I Bully My Bully? I don’t want to rub your face in what might have been, but you could absolutely have brought this issue up with your boss before the incident occurred. Had you told him it would be difficult for you to work with your former high school bully, he might have been able to set you up with his own administrative assistant before things got to the breaking point. Had you told him it would be difficult for you to work with your former high school bully, he might have been able to set you up with his own administrative assistant before things got to the breaking point.のカンマのあとはtold himを受けてthatが省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の問題なんですが

分からないので教えてください。( )内の設問で書き換えるという内容です。 Q1 Who is he? (do you thinkを加えて一文に) 加えて文章として成り立つのでしょうか? Q2 This coffee is too strong for me to drink. (so...thatの構文で) どの範囲にso...thatを入れればいいのかが不明です。 Q3 The boy won the first prize. I taught him how to swim. (関係代名詞を使って一文に) 関係代名詞とはこの場合thatでしょうか? Q4 His mother said to him, "Don't leave your coat on the sofa." (間接話法で) 間接話法の意味が・・・ Q5 I am going to show you an interesting essay which my professor wrote. (which my professor wroteの部分を分詞を用いて) 分詞を用いて表すことができるのでしょうか? 当方、英語が不得意でとても困っています。 丁寧な説明よろしくお願いします。

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)You seem to know anything on science. You ( )have studied physics. (1)cannot (2)may (3)must (4)should (2)Don't forget( )us when you cone to London next time. (1)visit (2)to visit (3)to visiting (4)having visited 並びかえを教えて下さい! (1)彼らは彼女に会ったと言ったが、それは嘘だとわかった。 They said they had met her,( )( )( )( )( ). [be,which,a lie,to,proved] (2)その事故が起こったのは去年です。 ( )( )( )( )( )happened. [was,it,last year,that,the accident] (3)生まれてこのかた、今日ほど忙しいことはない。 At no time in my life ( )I ( )( )( )( )today. [been,busier,have,I am,than] 並びかえを教えて下さい!※余分な語が一つ含まれている (1)私はデパートでタカハシさんに会った。彼とは久しぶりだった。 I met Mr.Takahashi at the department store,( )( )( )( )( )a long time. [for,hadn't,I,seen,which,whom]

• 英文法に関して。

いつもお世話になっております。 「どちらのコースを選択するか吟味したい」または 「どちらのコースが適しているか吟味したい」 と言う表現は下記の英文で良いのでしょうか? I would like to examine which course I should take. I would like to examine which course is suitable for me. また文法に関して質問があります。 I have a hard time to obtain a position. 上記の英文は「to obtain」を「obtaining」にしなければならないでしょうか? また「to obtain」では間違っているのでしょうか?