• ベストアンサー

日本語に見合う文章になっているでしょうか?

私は婚約者を心筋梗塞で亡くしてから心の病にかかり、隔週の木曜日に通院しています。 木曜・金曜以外の午前中に、英会話初級クラスはありますか? After I lose a fiance in myocardial infarction, I suffer from the illness of the heart and go to the hospital on Thursday biweekly. Is an English-conversation beginners' class class during the morning of other days of the week on Thursday except - Friday?

noname#16868
noname#16868
  • 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

アメリカに37年半住んでいる者です。 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 言葉の表現の良い悪いはいいたいことがちゃんと伝わっているかどうか、と言う要因がありますね。 表現の流れがスムーズか必要な事を言っているか、結局なにを伝えたいのかを表現すれば英語と言う言葉も良い表現になるわけです。 さて、今回のご質問で、何を言いたいのでしょうか。(私にはわからないと言う意味ではなく) 隔週木曜日(と金曜日)は他にやることがあるので週のほかの日の朝のクラスはありませんか?ということですね。 婚約者が死んで心の病になり、と言う部分はその人にとってはほとんど意味のないことですね。 ですから、これを文章の前に持ってきたりいかにも聞いてもらいたいと言うような表現をすると相手は「同情はするけどだからといって融通を利かせてもらいたいの?」なんて人間性の乏しい感情を持つ人も出てくるかもしれませんし、もっと重要なことは「文章の焦点」が合わなくなるということなんです。 よって、要点はI have to see my doctor every other Thursday (and also I can't come on Fridays). Do you have any English conversation classes for the beginners in the morning except (for) Thursdays and Fridays.というだけで良いわけですね。 そして、プライベートと言われる部分を表現することを避けたわけです。 相手に理由を知らせる必要もないと考える人も多いと思いますので、 Do you have any English conversation classes for the beginners in the morning except (for) Thursdays and Fridays.と言う文章だけを使って要件だけを聞く、と言う人も非常に多いわけです。 ただ、どうしても(何かの理由で)婚約者のことを言わなくてはならないと言うのでしたら、I have been seeing a doctor every other Thursday for my emotional problems since my fiance died from a heart disease.と言う表現に変えることができます。 英語の表現として、まず、木曜日に何かする、と言うことを先に言います。 なぜならそれが次の文章の「理由」として使われるからです。 そして、なくなったことや心の病は次になるわけですね。 木曜日はだめだと言う直接の理由ではないからです。 心筋梗塞という表現が日本では一般的なようですが、こちらでcardiac infarctionといわれても「心臓の何かだとわかるけど後は???」となってしまうと思います。 よって、詳しく専門用語を使わなくてもいわゆる「心臓病」と言う表現のほうが相手にもわかりやすいことになります。 つまり、この専門用語自体の言葉の重みを持たせる必要は日本語ほど必要なないのではないだろうかと思うわけです。 言い換えると、この間接的な意味合いしか持たないことに相手の注意を向かせたくないわけですね。 しかしこれを言う必要があるのであればちゃんと言わなくてはなりません。私には状況がわかりませんので、多分いう必要はなく言わないほうがかえって全体の表現をすっきりさせる、と感じるわけです。 文章で何を先に持ってきて表現の流れが日本語とは違うことも含めて書かせてもらいました。 これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。 

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 なるほどなぁと思いました。 私的には、英会話教室の先生に「木曜日の午前はどうしても来れませんか?」と聞かれたので、どう説明したらよいか分からなかったのです。 さらっと流しておくのもいいかもしれませんね。 とても参考になりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (5)

• jayoosan
  • ベストアンサー率28% (929/3259)
回答No.6

そうですね。もし相手が欧米人であるなら、心の病とか通院しているなど、個人に関する記述はとくに必要はなく、プライベートな情報は自分からわざわざ教えたり説明的に通知しなくてだいじょうぶです。 他の病院にかかってそこの先生から聞かれたら答える。そんな内容のことです(あちらでは先生と患者も1対1で、プライバシーが守られます)。 ですので、単純に Do you have English conversation classe for begginers in the morning, except Thursday and Friday?. で十分と考えます。

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。

• Chewpie
  • ベストアンサー率35% (5/14)
回答No.4

I have been seeing a doctor every other Thursday for my emotinal problems since my fiance passed from cardiac infraction. Do you offer English conversation classes for beginners in the morning except Thursdays and Fridays? 言い方は山ほどあると思いますが、私だったら上のように言うでしょう(自分が書いているのだから当然ですが・・・)。「隔週」は確かにBi-weeklyとも言いますが、この場合はevery otherの方がよいと思います。Bi-weeklyというと、雑誌の発売日のように聞こえます。

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.3

痛々しそうなHNでご心境お察しします。英文は I have been suffering from mental disorder after my fiance died of a heart attack and I go a hospital every other weekon Thursday. Do you offer English conversation classes for begginers in the morning of any days of a week other than Thursday and Friday ? のように訳せると思いますが、 *病名をはっきり(学術用語で)挙げる必要は無いと思います *1文目と1文目の関係が良くわかりません。木曜日は都合が悪いのか、通院されていることが気になるのかによって違った書き方もできると思います。 全く仮想の英文でしたらすみません。

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

早々のご回答ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。 >*1文目と1文目の関係が良くわかりません。木曜日は都合が悪いのか、通院されていることが気になるのかによって違った書き方もできると思います。 木曜日は通院のため、金曜日はプライベートな用件で都合が悪い、という意味でした。 また再度ご教授願えるようでしたらお願いします。

• aatw
  • ベストアンサー率37% (178/480)
回答No.2

直訳調なので英語のように見えます。 英語では唯物史観的な文法のように作ったほうがいいかもしれません。 I have a heart-sick by my fiance died in myocardial infarction. I go to hospital biweekly-thursday. I want a primary-English school at morning except Thusday and Friday. とすべてSVOスタイルに変えた方が英語らしく見えます。 ダラダラ続けるのは日本語的英語。センテンスを短くして簡潔にたたみかけるスタイルが英語風に見えます。

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

早々のご回答ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。

noname#20378
noname#20378
回答No.1

After I lost my fiance in myocardial infarction, I suffer from illness of heart and go to hospital on Thursday biweekly. Is there an English-conversation beginners' class in the morning except Thursday and Friday? なら通じるかな。僕も自信はないけど。(illness of heartでいーのかなぁ(^^;;) #余分に冠詞抜きすぎてたらごめんなさい>識者の方々

noname#16868
質問者

お礼

早々のご回答ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語→日本語

Aren't you in my English class on Thursday mornings? I remember you. これの翻訳お願いします。 morningにsがついているので毎週木曜日って意味ですか?

• 曜日に付ける冠詞について?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Christmas falls on a Thursday, so I'll take Friday as a paid holiday. クリスマスは木曜日だから、金曜日を有給休暇にするんだ。 (質問) (1)曜日に冠詞がついたのと[a Thursday],冠詞無し[Friday]の2種類出てきますがどういう理由からでしょうか? (2)曜日と冠詞に関して様々なパターンを考えてみました。使えますか?例文を交えて説明いただければありがたいのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。 (a)Sunday (b)a Sunday (c)the Sunday (d)Sundays (e)the Sundays (f)on Sunday(前置詞)

• 英訳して欲しいのですが。

Open every day of the year from 11.30 am to 11 pm. except on Friday and Saturday untill 11.30 pm 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳してほしいです(´Д`)

It little suffer in regret. I am foolish. It still think of that rerson whom I shock. I wanna return if it is possible to return. On that day.. Are you happy now? However could you be with me if I have the chance? Moreover,it is painful with you. That my utmost feelings. Moreover,it is good when laughing some time and dressing it. Moreover,let us meet.

• 英文

I help with work of a volunteer on the second Thursday. I will go to walk tomorow. 添削をお願いします。

• 次の英語を日本語にしてもらえませんか?

I have not received my item. The USPS attempted a delivery while I was not home, and I asked for a redelivery on the next day, and instead, they shipped it back to you. I have not been able to talk to them on the phone (call forwarding) and It is the New Years weekend. I did want the camera body, but now I am so upset that I no longer want to mess with the incompetence of the U. S. Postal Service. Since I have already paid for the shipping to me, would you please deduct from the price of the camera, the shipping charge for sending it back to you, and refund the balance of the price of the camera back to my pay pal account. That way you are out nothing on the transaction. It's not your fault, and I will lose money and get nothing, but I want nothing more to do with it.

• 簡単な文章です。添削、至急お願いします!

スピーキングのテストで、外国人の先生に“What's new?”に対する答えを言わなくてはいけません。一応以下のように考えたのですが、添削お願いします。 Recently, I am very busy. Last week, I had a test of music theory on Wednesday, and on Friday, I had to submit two reports. And on the weekend I studied for this Speaking test, wrote three reports, practiced the piano, and I practice a handstand, because I have a test of it tomorrow. But, I can’t do it, so I’m very depressed, and I can’t understand why headstand is necessary to become nursery school’s teacher. And on the weekend I practiced my original dance a lot. (創作ダンスの練習をした。)This dance is for “Physical Expression class”, and I will have this test tomorrow.(このダンスは“身体表現”の授業のためのもので、明日試験(発表?)がある。) The dance’s music is ~ which is the music of Disneyland’s attraction ~. I like this song very much, but I have no experience of dance and I’m such a shy girl that I’m so nervous. However, I want to pass that class and became nursery school’s teacher, so I’ll try to do my best. And on the weekend, I cleaned my room, went shopping in the supermarket, and cooked lunch and dinner rather more and kept them freezer, because I’m busy this week too. Thus I’m very busy now, but I think I live life to the full. 以上です。長さの都合上、日本語はほぼ省略させていただきましたが、必要でしたら補足いたします。 大変長文ですが、宜しくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

I will be attending a service at the Thiepval Memorial near the battlefield, and it's right that the whole country pauses to remember the sacrifices of all those who fought and lost their lives in that conflict." On 1 July 2016, a ceremony was held in Heaton Park in north Manchester in England. Heaton Park was the site of a large army training camp during the war. Across Britain in 1 July 2016, 1400 actors dressed in replica World War I-period British Army uniforms walked about in streets and public open areas, from 7am to 7 pm. Each took on temporarily the identity of a British soldier who died on the first day of the Somme, and handed out information cards about that soldier. They did not talk, except for occaionally singing "We're here because we're here" to the tune of Auld Lang Syne. This event was called "Ghost Soldiers".

• 英語の文章を日本語訳して下さい。

Lusitania did not carry enough lifeboats for all her passengers, officers and crew on board at the time of her maiden voyage (carrying four lifeboats fewer than Titanic would carry in 1912). This was a common practice for large passenger ships at the time, since the belief was that in busy shipping lanes help would always be nearby and the few boats available would be adequate to ferry all aboard to rescue ships before a sinking. After the Titanic sank, Lusitania and Mauretania were equipped with an additional six clinker-built wooden boats under davits, making for a total of 22 boats rigged in davits. The rest of their lifeboat accommodations were supplemented with 26 collapsible lifeboats, 18 stored directly beneath the regular lifeboats and eight on the after deck. The collapsibles were built with hollow wooden bottoms and canvas sides, and needed assembly in the event they had to be used. This contrasted with Olympic and Britannic which received a full complement of lifeboats all rigged under davits. This difference would have been a major contributor to the high loss of life involved with Lusitania's sinking, since there was not sufficient time to assemble collapsible boats or life-rafts, had it not been for the fact that the ship's severe listing made it impossible for lifeboats on the port side of the vessel to be lowered, and the rapidity of the sinking did not allow the remaining lifeboats that could be directly lowered (as these were rigged under davits) to be filled and launched with passengers. When Britannic, working as a hospital ship during World War I, sank in 1916 after hitting a mine in the Kea channel the already davited boats were swiftly lowered saving nearly all on board, but the ship took nearly three times as long to sink as Lusitania and thus the crew had more time to evacuate passengers. Lusitania, commanded by Commodore James Watt, moored at the Liverpool landing stage for her maiden voyage at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday 7 September 1907 as the onetime Blue Riband holder RMS Lucania vacated the pier. At the time Lusitania was the largest ocean liner in service and would continue to be until the introduction of Mauretania in November that year. A crowd of 200,000 people gathered to see her departure at 9:00 p.m. for Queenstown (renamed Cobh in 1920), where she was to take on more passengers. She anchored again at Roche's Point, off Queenstown, at 9:20 a.m. the following morning, where she was shortly joined by Lucania, which she had passed in the night, and 120 passengers were brought out to the ship by tender bringing her total of passengers to 2,320.

• 日本語訳を! 6-(3)

お願いします。 (8) With so much to lose, the Egyptians came up with a cheat sheet. During the Old Kingdom, only pharaohs could get into the Field of Reeds. Not wanting to risk forgetting a name or a spell, the kings had the answers to all the questions, along with all the magic spells, buried with them. We call the book of spells from the Old Kingdom the Pyramid Texts. During the Middle Kingdom, when the Field of Reeds was open to everyone, the spell were conveniently written on the sides of the coffins. We call those the Coffin Texts. In the New Kingdom the spells were written on scrolls and buried with the body. The words written during the New Kingdom are now known as the Book of the Dead. The Egyptians thought of every possible unpleasantness and wrote spells to protect against it. They even had a spell that prevented them from having to stand on their head and eat feces―or step in some. "What I detest is feces, and I will not eat it... and I will not touch it with my toes." Obviously the ancients weren't taking chances on anything less than a perfect afterlife.