• ベストアンサー

英語のギャグなのか?

数年前にアメリカへ旅行したとき、現地でステッカーを買ってスーツケースに張っていたら、道行く人がそのステッカーを見て皆ニヤリと笑うんですね。そのステッカーにはこう書かれています。 A HUSBUND IS LIVING PROOF THAT WOMAN CAN TAKE A JOKE. あとから自力で訳してみると「夫は、女がからかわれても平気でいられる生きる証拠だ」??? この文の真意をご存知の方、または和訳がまちがっているよという方、回答の程よろしくお願いします。。。

• cbnr
  • お礼率100% (2/2)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • TonyB
  • ベストアンサー率55% (179/323)
回答No.1

A husband is living proof that a wife can take a joke. は、結婚にまつわるジョークの一つのようです。 take a jokeで「冗談を受け入れる」=「ジョークを理解する」という意味です。 訳は「夫というのは、女がジョークを理解することができるということの生きた証だ。」つまり、「男自体がジョークみたいな存在で、それを夫にする女というのは懐が深いんだなぁ」ということではないでしょうか。

参考URL:
http://www.lotsofjokes.com/cat_112.htm
cbnr
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!! はっきり意味がわかりました。英語は深いですね。もっと勉強します。。。

その他の回答 (1)

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.2

No.1 Tony B さんと同じ意見ですが 「 女というものは冗談が通じないとよく言われるが男と結婚するくらいだから結構冗談が通じるのかもね。 」 くらいの意味だと思います。 男はつらいよ。

cbnr
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!お礼遅くなってごめんなさいm(__)m

関連するQ&A

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

この文章の和訳をお願いします。 just HAD to share. I can take it down, just say so! I’m this 50 year old Dutch woman who saw your drawings: You are so talented! I hope you know!!! インスタグラムでイラストにコメントをもらったのですが、 いまいち意味がわからないので和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語

つぎの文和訳してください When you travel alone,you have thrilling experience and chance to meet all kinds of people. Deciding on each day's plan that very day is like living in a story without anyplot. If you miss your bus and take another,your life will take a different turn. I have learned from this journey that chance encounters with people are an important part of life.

• この英語を訳してほしいです...(T_T)

この英語を訳してほしいです...(T_T) I am very fine too. You're welcome and thank you. I say you, i progressed with Japanese ^-^ ○○(名前) i want you as a Great Friend!!! I wait what you don't take to bad my ultimate word I wish one day I can get to know you 訳せそうで訳せませんでした(T_T) 翻訳機でやっても、意味不な和訳になります... 助けてぇw

• 英文和訳がわからないのですが

この英文の構造と和訳がわからないのですが、どなたかお教え頂けますでしょうか? Only in so far as the artist establishes symbols for the representation of reality can mind, as a structure of thought, take shape?

• 都立高校の英語入試問題の設問の英語

今日行われた都立高校の英語の入試問題の一部の設問の英語についてです。 大問4の問4の(2)の設問の英文: What is something that only the old woman can do and has continued to do for thirty years? (http://www.kyoiku.metro.tokyo.jp/pickup/p_gakko/17kensa/mondai_eigo.pdfのp.9) が何か変な感じがするんです。 なお、関係する本文の箇所はほぼ次の通りです。 The old woman [Mary Ann]… said, “And Wendy, there is something that I have believed for a long time.” “What’s that?” I asked. She said, “Well, I believe that …. I have something that only I can do. So I have continued to take care of children at a children’s home for thirty years. Everyone has something like that. You do, too.” I said, “Something only I can do.…” She said, “Yes, Wendy. I don’t know what it is. You’ll find it some day.”   When I came home, my mother said, “Hello, Wendy. You look very happy.” I said, “Yes, Mother. Someone gave me a treasure for a birthday present today.” (上掲のサイトのP.8 ll.3-10) (1)まず、somethingは手元の辞典では "any indefinite or unidentified thing" と説明されており、本文の後で提示される問いなので something ではなくてむしろ the thing that …となっていればよかったんではないかという気がします。 (2)もう一つは、…that only the old woman can do and has continued to do for thirty years の部分です。何かつながりが今ひとつしっくりこないように感じます。 高校入試なのでできるだけ簡単な表現を一つ考えてみました。 The old woman believes only she can do this thing and so she has continued it for thirty years. What is it? こんなのではいかがでしょうか?

• 海外の会社からの返信です。和訳お願いします。

海外の会社からの返信です。和訳お願いします。 I will need more information than that to go ahead and treat something a client hosts as abuse. None of our staff understand Japanese and hence it is difficult to ascertain whether that is infringing material. If you wish,you can prepare an email request that we will forward to our customer (however, he would take down the content only at his own discretion). Alternatively,you can me with further details and proof that this is infringing material under US law and we'll take it down right away. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします!

和訳お願いします! As a substance containing GFP will glow green when struck by ultraviolet light, researchers can see the way substances move in living tissue in real time.

• 和訳御願いします。

和訳御願いします。 sayをどうしたらいいのかわかりません。 sayの主語はwhoで、assisntantになると思うのですが、 そうすると、 can V ~and V ~, say, になっておかしいなと思うのです。 He needs an assstant who can summarize efficiently and present him with the essence of, say, a report on which he can take decisions. 彼は、彼が決定できる報告書を上手く要約し、その要点を「口頭で?」提示できるアシスタントを必要とする。 よろしく御願いします。

• 訳をお願い致します

my good Lord,how are you?Very well,thankyou.I have more letters from you. I've wanted to return them to you for a long time. Please take them. I never sent you any letters. My Lord,you know very well that they're yours.Please take them.Are you an honest woman?I don't understand. An honest woman must forget that she's pretty.prettiness can make an honest woman bad, but honesty cannot make a pretty woman good.In the past,I found that hard to believe. Now I know that it's true.I was in love with you. I believed you.

• suffer /injuries [from]

以下のfrom obstructed laborはどこにつながっているのでしょうか? Having a baby can be one of the most joyous events in a woman's life. Yet for the millions of young women in the developing world who suffer severe injuries called fistulas from obstructed labor, it's the beginning of a living nightmare, one that can last the rest of their lives. 解釈(1)「suffer ・・・ from 原因」 「原因から・・・で苦しむ」 解釈(2)「injuries from 原因」「~が原因の重傷」 どちらでしょうか?